PDA

View Full Version : So I go to my cousin's baseball game tonight....

royalfan5
6/14/2011, 09:17 PM
So my cousin is between 8th and 9th grade, and his town baseball team was playing a town just outside of Lincoln, so I figured I do watch them play. Instead of much of a game, I got to see a heated shoving match between coaches of the other team and the umpires that spilled into a ump/coach/fan scuffle. The game was called on account of that with score at 20-0 with one out in the top of the Second. The root cause of the scuffle was the losing team never bother to teach there first baseman that he can't block the bag, and he kept getting run the **** over. After the third time it happened, the coach ran out yelling at the ump that it was intentional, and the ump told him that his player can't block the bag, and the coach flipped his ****. Next thing I know there is full-on scuffle with about 15 people on the diamond. I was highly amused.

olevetonahill
6/14/2011, 09:28 PM
PICs or I dont believe you.;)

Soonerson1975
6/14/2011, 09:31 PM
Did you ever find your baseball?

ouwasp
6/14/2011, 09:32 PM
Man, why can't things like that happen when I go by a little league game? Some folks have all the luck...

soonerboomer93
6/14/2011, 09:51 PM
I was hopping you'd say you hooked up with a bit mild behind the concession stand.

sooner59
6/14/2011, 10:17 PM
Makes sense. Parents are always being ***holes at baseball games. At least that was my experience growing up.

GKeeper316
6/14/2011, 10:20 PM
batdad vs randy?

sooner59
6/14/2011, 10:22 PM
Haha!

MR2-Sooner86
6/14/2011, 10:41 PM
Makes sense. Parents are always being ***holes at any sporting event where they try to live through their kids.

Pretty much.

sooner59
6/14/2011, 10:47 PM
Touche.

SoonerStormchaser
6/14/2011, 11:04 PM
RtwqvtllIGs

oudavid1
6/15/2011, 01:52 AM
-WqoHyG-uIM

Peach Fuzz
6/15/2011, 04:32 AM
david, there is no correlation in that video at all...

rekamrettuB
6/15/2011, 08:29 AM
Something similar happened at a girls softball game down here...7-8 year old league. One coach started arguing with the other (a very humble police officer in real life) and shoved him and took a swing. The coach/cop promptly choked him out just inside the 3rd base line. It was pretty awesome.

jumperstop
6/15/2011, 08:57 AM
Parents living vicariously through their kids....

XingTheRubicon
6/15/2011, 08:57 AM
there was a handicapped girl in a wheelchair on the other team in my 6 year olds t-ball game.

She got up to bat and her coach helped her hit the ball, and then slowly pushed her through the dirt and chalk all the way around the bases as our pitcher just held the ball. She crossed home plate and everyone applauded. Then, as expected, I heard the first murmur.

"Do we count that as a run?" One of our coaches wives asked as her pencil rested one inch from the score pad.

A few innings go by and the wheel chair girl is being slowly pushed toward the batters' box. I hear a "well, here we go again" from one of the parents, then she taps the ball again and slowly wheels around the bases. We were up 5-3.

As she crosses the plate, I immediately look at the scorekeeper and she starts marking down the run as she shakes her head back and forth with a slight grimace. Now for the pies de resistance, the poor girl comes up for the last time, but this time there's a runner on second. We (the Angels) are up by 2. One of the parents, after a lot of whispering and murmuring at or near the scorekeeper, yells to our coach..."Larry, we're uh, we're up by 2." He looks and squints with his eyes in the sun, and then looks down and nods. Then, just as the handicapped girl and her mom get all 4 of their hands on the bat and get squared away, our coach yells across the field, "just a single, OK?"

6 year old girls t-ball

cantwait48
6/15/2011, 09:12 AM
there was a handicapped girl in a wheelchair on the other team in my 6 year olds t-ball game.

She got up to bat and her coach helped her hit the ball, and then slowly pushed her through the dirt and chalk all the way around the bases as our pitcher just held the ball. She crossed home plate and everyone applauded. Then, as expected, I heard the first murmur.

"Do we count that as a run?" One of our coaches wives asked as her pencil rested one inch from the score pad.

A few innings go by and the wheel chair girl is being slowly pushed toward the batters' box. I hear a "well, here we go again" from one of the parents, then she taps the ball again and slowly wheels around the bases. We were up 5-3.

As she crosses the plate, I immediately look at the scorekeeper and she starts marking down the run as she shakes her head back and forth with a slight grimace. Now for the pies de resistance, the poor girl comes up for the last time, but this time there's a runner on second. We (the Angels) are up by 2. One of the parents, after a lot of whispering and murmuring at or near the scorekeeper, yells to our coach..."Larry, we're uh, we're up by 2." He looks and squints with his eyes in the sun, and then looks down and nods. Then, just as the handicapped girl and her mom get all 4 of their hands on the bat and get squared away, our coach yells across the field, "just a single, OK?"

6 year old girls t-ball

I thought you were going to say the pitcher beaned her then I remembered it was t-ball.

rekamrettuB
6/15/2011, 09:13 AM

6 year old girls t-ball

I think I would have intentionally walked her after hitting back-to-back homeruns.

Eielson
6/15/2011, 09:20 AM
Girls in wheelchairs shouldn't be playing sports. I know it's six year olds, but I'd be pissed if the worst player on the other team kept hitting automatic homeruns.

IndySooner
6/15/2011, 10:00 AM

6 year old girls t-ball

The biggest problem is that you're keeping score in 6-year-old t-ball. Should be to teach the girls to have fun and enjoy the game. Winning shouldn't even be an afterthought at that age.

walkoffsooner
6/15/2011, 10:04 AM
lock her wheels

waynepayne
6/15/2011, 10:06 AM

6 year old girls t-ball

I think I would have walked straight up to her and told her she should be ashamed of herself for being such a heartless ****. And I dont use that word lightly.

thecynic
6/15/2011, 10:18 AM
those kids will learn more about life from letting her do well, than they ever will winning a 6yr old tball game.

that being said, didn't spring post a video of the girl in the wheelchair?

lexsooner
6/15/2011, 10:24 AM
The biggest problem is that you're keeping score in 6-year-old t-ball. Should be to teach the girls to have fun and enjoy the game. Winning shouldn't even be an afterthought at that age.

Is it fair to say sports reflects character more than it builds character?

the-rover
6/15/2011, 10:29 AM
I guess they could have made a play after her hit and thrown her out.