PDA

View Full Version : Forget Hogwarts

Howzit
6/14/2011, 02:02 PM
IT'S LESS THAN A MONTH UNTIL A DANCE WITH DRAGONS IS FINALLY OUT!!!

http://www.aboutheroes.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/nerd.jpg

SoonerAtKU
6/14/2011, 02:02 PM
SPERG!

I can't wait...

Mongo
6/14/2011, 02:04 PM
I would throw out the Ogre nerd pic, but I have no ****ing clue as to what this thread is about

Howzit
6/14/2011, 02:05 PM
Cretin.

saucysoonergal
6/14/2011, 02:14 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Dance_with_Dragons

hmmm, good reading?

SoonerAtKU
6/14/2011, 02:18 PM
The other books have been, and the show has been pretty great, so I'd say we have high hopes for it.

Howzit
6/14/2011, 02:19 PM
Very. As that says, this is the series in which HBO's A Game of Thrones is the first book. People have been waiting for this latest book for years now, it's probably about 3 years overdue.

SoonerAtKU
6/14/2011, 02:24 PM
I think he really did himself a disservice by putting that blurb in the back of AFFC with a proposed release date in it. I get why he did, but saying you'll publish in a year with the amount of work that goes into the series is asking for trouble.

Howzit
6/14/2011, 02:30 PM
I've wondered if the publish date wasn't put off once a deal was struck with HBO on A Game of Thrones.

yermom
6/14/2011, 02:33 PM
so should i read the book before watching the show?

Dwight
6/14/2011, 02:48 PM
so should i read the book before watching the show?

You should read the books regardless if you're going to watch the show or not.

SoonerAtKU
6/14/2011, 03:45 PM
I've wondered if the publish date wasn't put off once a deal was struck with HBO on A Game of Thrones.

Well, he put out a timeline on his blog at some point, and it was a mix of mismanaged time dealing with press and travel, as well as having to make strange decisions about where and how to cut up the books into manageable chunks. I think he realized after Storm of Swords that he'd written himself a crazy situation and had to think about a graceful way to get to the next big step.

crawfish
6/14/2011, 06:10 PM
Very. As that says, this is the series in which HBO's A Game of Thrones is the first book. People have been waiting for this latest book for years now, it's probably about 3 years overdue.

If by 3 years you mean 5 years, you're right. At first, GRRM said it would be out in 2006. Since the last book only covered half the characters, it's been 2002 since we've last heard from the characters in this book.

I'm pumped, too. I re-read the series again last month, so I'm ready to move on. I figure if he takes 3 years to finish the last two books, he could synchronize his last novel with the last season of the series. (Good luck on that.)