PDA

View Full Version : how many of you

jk the sooner fan
6/14/2011, 07:42 AM
are in relationships (marriage, significant other, etc) where one is a "believer" (Christian, etc) and the other is not?

how do you make this work in your relationship?

olevetonahill
6/14/2011, 08:02 AM
I yell and cuss alot . Then Pray fer that sinful woman

Jammin'
6/14/2011, 08:43 AM
She's going to change me....eventually.

My Opinion Matters
6/14/2011, 09:03 AM
Me and Johnny Mack. We're not very serious though (yet).

BillyBall
6/14/2011, 09:22 AM
I'm seeing someone that is Catholic and I'm agnostic. I'm sure it will not work out.

JDMT
6/14/2011, 09:23 AM
I have a dog.

OUDoc
6/14/2011, 09:25 AM
We were glad we had a religious wedding.

http://telebrandstheblog.com/wp-content/uploads/vintage_native_american_snake_priest_poster-p228990507270198820t5ta_4001.jpg

Mongo
6/14/2011, 09:32 AM
stay unmarried. problem solved

Breadburner
6/14/2011, 09:33 AM
P.I.I.T.B.

JohnnyMack
6/14/2011, 09:42 AM
My wife and I are both heathens.

Howzit
6/14/2011, 09:43 AM
At least you'll burn in hell for all eternity together.

maybe we can have a threesome.

JohnnyMack
6/14/2011, 09:44 AM
Me and Johnny Mack. We're not very serious though (yet).

Not serious? I'd call three days of ecstasy induced fornication in a Ft. Lauderdale hotel room serious. I bet you're still not pooping right.

Mongo
6/14/2011, 09:46 AM
Not serious? I'd call three days of ecstasy induced fornication in a Ft. Lauderdale hotel room serious. I bet you're still not pooping right.

thanks for the invite *******

JohnnyMack
6/14/2011, 09:50 AM

Sorry. I was stoned out of my mind on barbiturates and Ding Dongs. By the time I woke up MOM was in the bathtub covered with a blanket humming Led Zeppelin and complaining of a rash.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/14/2011, 09:55 AM

+1:mad:

The Maestro
6/14/2011, 10:00 AM
Me? Former christian. Wife still claims to be except she never goes to church, reads her Bible, teaches her kids about the Bible, etc. She is your typical "I'm claiming it to avoid eternal fire" claiming christian...and she thinks I am somewhat nuts for bailing on it all. I tell her that it comes from me finally, after years of 1/4 *** christianity admitting that if I really believed this stuff I would act WAY different and let the Bible have more of an impact on me. All or nothing approach...I did the research...and realized I was raised to believe it before I had a chance to determine if I do...and, as we all know by now, I am comfortable believing that I find christianity to be not true.

Sooner_Tuf
6/14/2011, 10:07 AM
You're all going to hell.

stoopified
6/14/2011, 10:07 AM
Equally yoked Christians

The Maestro
6/14/2011, 10:28 AM
I like the word yoked. Equally yoked. Every time I hear that I just think that means you like your eggs cooked the same way. Yes, I know...different spelling and meaning. Just heard that word in church all my life and always makes me think of eggs.

rekamrettuB
6/14/2011, 10:32 AM
No problem in my house...she stays in the kitchen and the bedroom and keeps her trap shut.

Midtowner
6/14/2011, 10:37 AM
I"m Catholic, my wife is a card carrying atheist.

JohnnyMack
6/14/2011, 10:39 AM
I"m Catholic, my wife is a card carrying atheist.

Give it time.

My Opinion Matters
6/14/2011, 11:45 AM

I thought you said we were going somewhere nice? Ft Lauderdale? ****ing cheapskate.That is why I said we're not serious.

Mongo
6/14/2011, 11:48 AM
I thought you said we were going somewhere nice? Ft Lauderdale? ****ing cheapskate.That is why I said we're not serious.

blame the location all you want, but I am sensing commitment issues

My Opinion Matters
6/14/2011, 11:55 AM
blame the location all you want, but I am sensing commitment issues

Johnny Mack is the girl whose stinktube gets full occupancy in Ft Lauderdale for 3 days, Johnny Mack is not the girl you settle down with.

I hope he's not reading this.

Mongo
6/14/2011, 11:58 AM
Johnny Mack is the girl whose stinktube gets full occupancy in Ft Lauderdale for 3 days, Johnny Mack is not the girl you settle down with.

if he wasnt such a whore, this would have cockblocked you

soonerchk
6/14/2011, 12:01 PM
I don't think I'd be seriously involved with someone who had very different religious views. That's one of the basic compatibility things for me.

He is Lutheran and probably damned as a result.

purplecrayon
6/14/2011, 12:02 PM
I don't think I'd be seriously involved with someone who had very different religious views. That's one of the basic compatibility things for me.

he also thinks he's Catholic every year around lent too. i have still not forgiven him for giving up beer during this past year.

soonerchk
6/14/2011, 12:05 PM
he also thinks he's Catholic every year around lent too. i have still not forgiven him for giving up beer during this past year.

I'm a good influence on him. *adjusting halo*

jk the sooner fan
6/14/2011, 12:18 PM

i'm the same way - my wife shares the same beliefs that I do - and i dont see how it would work if she didnt

My Opinion Matters
6/14/2011, 12:26 PM
My wife and I are both deists/unitarians (those terms are basically interchangeable). It's really sort of incredible, because we're both Okies. It's not like we met at church (unitarians have churches, but no one goes to them).

soonerchk
6/14/2011, 12:48 PM
My wife and I are both deists/unitarians (those terms are basically interchangeable). It's really sort of incredible, because we're both Okies. It's not like we met at church (unitarians have churches, but no one goes to them).

I went to Unitarian funeral once. It was interesting.

Pardner
6/14/2011, 12:56 PM
My gf is a very strong Christian and I am agnostic. She is sure that I'll eventually see the light. So far, no light. But it hasn't really gotten in the way as much as I expected it to. At first I tried going to church with her, but I have zero respect for her preacher, so I can't sit through his sermons. If I liked him better I wouldn't mind going with her. I love the music.

Cheez-It
6/14/2011, 01:01 PM
I used to be Catholic..."they" frown upon me so I'm kind of in la la land religiously speaking. My husband is Christian, but not really "affiliated" with a church. We have the same basic belief system. Now that kids are involved we have been thinking about attending a non-denominational church to raise the family.

soonerchk
6/14/2011, 01:02 PM
I used to be Catholic..."they" frown upon me so I'm kind of in la la land religiously speaking. My husband is Christian, but not really "affiliated" with a church. We have the same basic belief system. Now that kids are involved we have been thinking about attending a non-denominational church to raise the family.

Want me to punch "them" in the throat for frowning upon you?

jk the sooner fan
6/14/2011, 01:03 PM
my wife is catholic, and i'm methodist - we found an Anglican church that we love - its a mixture of the catholic traditions with some of the protestant stuff - a great mix for us

My Opinion Matters
6/14/2011, 01:05 PM
my wife is catholic, and i'm methodist - we found an Anglican church that we love - its a mixture of the catholic traditions with some of the protestant stuff - a great mix for us

Talk about living on the wild side. You two!

saucysoonergal
6/14/2011, 01:14 PM
I think it is safe to say that a snake handler and an Episcopal might have issues.

sooneron
6/14/2011, 01:15 PM

Johnny mack to bed, Mongo to wed!:texan:

sooneron
6/14/2011, 01:18 PM
To answer the original question, I was raised Episcopal and the wife is Jewish. I occasionally go to church, tho somewhat conflicted by some beliefs and questions. Our differences can cause some friction, but neither of us is REAL religious.