PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Wade (Frosh DT)

boomersooner28
6/14/2011, 07:08 AM
DT from Stony Point, Round Rock, TX supposed to be reporting for the fall as a Freshman. I live down here now and a local that has no interest in football, told me that he didn't qualify academically to come to OU. Anyone else have any info?

Mad Dog Madsen
6/14/2011, 08:12 AM
DT from Stony Point, Round Rock, TX supposed to be reporting for the fall as a Freshman. I live down here now and a local that has no interest in football, told me that he didn't qualify academically to come to OU. Anyone else have any info?

I wouldn't put much thought into it if that's the case...

boomersooner28
6/14/2011, 08:18 AM
Well, I was with another couple that is from Round Rock and I just over heard the wife tell her husband, "hey did you hear that Jordan didn't qualify?" The husband said, "no, I didn't hear" and the wife went on about how sad she was for him, so I started asking questions and come to find out they were talking about Jordan Wade, the OU commit. They had no idea I was a HUGE sooner fan.

Mad Dog Madsen
6/14/2011, 08:28 AM
Wow... Do they know him personally? Just asking because they called him by just "Jordan." Haven't heard anything but I'm hoping this isn't true and we're a little thin a DT this year. I will ask a couple people I know to see if they have heard anything.

WE ARE dirtburglars
6/14/2011, 09:51 AM
Are you kidding me? This isnt Harvard or Yale, if these guys cant qualify, I dont care how good they are they can find somewhere else to play. All it shows me is a lack of effort or will, because these tests are not hard at all, so were better off without them.

owenfieldreams
6/14/2011, 02:18 PM
By the way, Metayor has not signed a letter of intent w/Tyler J.C. He has enrolled there and is taking two courses to get his grade point up so he's eligible @ OU.

He's working out @ Tyler J.C. but the H.C. there has been quoted as saying he's not going to play there and what he's doing is perfectly legal.

The kid is simply doing whatever it takes to get to Norman.

sooner59
6/14/2011, 07:34 PM
I looked some stuff up on qualifying academically as a student athlete and posted it under the Metoyer thread in the Football Forum. I think it may clarify things a little more....or confuse you. Either way, its info. Based on what I read and what the coaching staff is saying, I expect Metoyer to be here this fall. Could be wrong, just a hunch.

WE ARE dirtburglars
6/14/2011, 10:01 PM
I looked some stuff up on qualifying academically as a student athlete and posted it under the Metoyer thread in the Football Forum. I think it may clarify things a little more....or confuse you. Either way, its info. Based on what I read and what the coaching staff is saying, I expect Metoyer to be here this fall. Could be wrong, just a hunch.

Well Im glad all is looking good for him, but seriously, no one can be that dumb to not meet these entrance standards. They are dumbed down to where its almost a joke. Im not saying Metoyer or any other guys are dumb, but it shows a complete lack of effort because these tests are not hard at all. Makes me wonder if they will put any effort into being a contributor to our team.

TheLadiesMike
6/15/2011, 09:22 AM
What did you get on the ACT/SAT?

WE ARE dirtburglars
6/15/2011, 11:39 AM
I got a 26 on the ACT why?