PDA

View Full Version : Time for me to lose some weight

JLEW1818
6/13/2011, 09:55 PM
I'm 6'3

at age 20 I weighed 180 pounds, now at age 23 I weigh 230 pounds. I basically quit being active, and started drinking way more beer.

I want to get down to 200 pounds.

I drink a ton of beer. But i think I'm going to quit drinking beer during the week, till football season.

I'm gonna try and shoot for 1600 calories a day. Looking to lose 1-2 pounds per week. Lots of water.

At work we always go out to eat for lunch. So i guess i can order more salads and soups.

any advice?

afs
6/13/2011, 09:56 PM
stay away from 20ct. Chicken McNuggets.

JLEW1818
6/13/2011, 09:59 PM

exactly, that was my last crap like that for a long time. I just feel like crap now.

StoopTroup
6/13/2011, 10:03 PM
Dude...your like 6-2 1/2....

StoopTroup
6/13/2011, 10:04 PM
High Kalonics from a large pissed off German Woman.

I've never tried it but I'd like to hear if it works....:D

Turd_Ferguson
6/13/2011, 10:05 PM
I been eat'n some romaine, spinach, chard and arugula with balsamic vinaigrette...stuff is good. You should see my ****...STEP would be proud...

SoonerofAlabama
6/13/2011, 10:19 PM
Well, do want to be skinny, fat, or muscular? There are plenty of ways to lose weight. I haven't had a soft drink or caffeine in almost a year. All I drink is water, and Gatorade after a workout. Don't think I have lost any weight, but I don't really ever weigh myself.

tommieharris91
6/13/2011, 10:25 PM
Begin using multi-level marketing products.

Seriously, buy yourself some new running shoes and run. 3+ miles a day should, at the worst, mean that you won't keep gaining weight.

Ohh and do what SoonerBama said. Giving up pop made losing 20 lbs a lot easier for me.

hawaii 5-0
6/13/2011, 10:28 PM
If you're gonna go with salads for lunch make sure the dressing is low fat or fat free. Drink water instead of sodas or beer.

5-0

Trump/ Porky 2012

badger
6/13/2011, 10:40 PM
Advice: Just start working out. Get on a treadmill (or a eliptical or bike if your knees are bad) and just see how much work it takes to burn calories. Running a mile, or example, burns about 100 calories. That's probably not even one beer for you, unless you're one of those MGD 64 people, ewwww, gross beer is gross :eek:

When you start to see how much work it is to burn calories off, it will be a lot more difficult to look at those candy bars, potato chip bags and other vending machine crap the same way. You might even start to like diet soda more than the regular variety.

Curly Bill
6/13/2011, 10:43 PM
Get off your fat a**!

You're welcome. :D

SoCaliSooner
6/13/2011, 10:45 PM
If you're gonna go with salads for lunch make sure the dressing is low fat or fat free. Drink water instead of sodas or beer.

5-0

Trump/ Porky 2012

My wife is a hard core "good eater". Grilled chicken salad, no cheese, no olives, dressing on the side. She hardly uses any dressing at all.

The key is increasing your activity level and as hard as it is, running is the best way. We run 3 miles a day at the station on top of a mandatory minimal 30 minute work out. If you work out and eat thug during the week, you can reward yourself on the weekend a little bit with the beer or fast food.

delhalew
6/13/2011, 10:52 PM
If you're like me, you don't want to hear this. Stay away from dairy. Mostly cheese, which is my favorite thing in the world. If you cut out creamy cheesy stuff, and processed mystery food, you'll be in pretty good shape.

Sooner_Tuf
6/13/2011, 11:08 PM
Burn more calories than you consume.

yankee
6/13/2011, 11:10 PM
It's all in the food/drink you consume. Exercise helps, but not as much as people think.

Peach Fuzz
6/13/2011, 11:24 PM
well you could go run like some have suggested, which will get you in shape and lose weight... in 3 years after you've become a 'cardio-queen'. Or you could shred away pounds by increasing muscle mass... more muscle=less fat

eat a lot of boiled eggs and grilled chicken... the more protein you eat the less fat your body holds.

Sooner_Tuf
6/13/2011, 11:30 PM
It's all in the food/drink you consume. Exercise helps, but not as much as people think.

Exercise will raise your metabolism which will help you burn more calories for hours after you quit exercising. Diet is important too. If you just quit eating your body will be forced to consume muscle for protien. You can lose weight and still be flabby.

Weight is a bad way to judge fitness. Two people can be the same height and weight but be radically different in terms of overall health or fitness.

yankee
6/13/2011, 11:33 PM
Exercise will raise your metabolism which will help you burn more calories for hours after you quit exercising. Diet is important too. If you just quit eating your body will be forced to consume muscle for protien. You can lose weight and still be flabby.

Weight is a bad way to judge fitness. Two people can be the same height and weight but be radically different in terms of overall health or fitness.

He drinks a lot of beer and eats scores of chicken nuggets. I bet if he cuts a lot of that out, he can drop at least 10 pounds.

OhU1
6/13/2011, 11:48 PM
Running a mile, or example, burns about 100 calories.

For a 230 pound man running a mile will burn from 150 - 200 depending on speed, hills, wind. 100 calories is like a minimum figure for walking a mile for anyone. Not to undermine your general advice which is to be aware of how hard it is to burn off excess food but if I only got a 100 calorie burn per mile I probably wouldn't bother to exercise.

Running consistently does help. I've ran 46 weeks in a row without missing any workouts (for me this is having to complete a minimum of three 1 -hour sessions in a week). I started last July 25th. I lost 35 pounds by March but I've stagnated with losing more because I've been lazy on the diet side and sometimes have had some week day beer indulgences that I can't afford (calorie wise).

If nothing else the running allows me a much larger margin of error in my diet and keeps me from putting back on the lost weight. Not to mention the fitness and health gains are pretty awesome.

The more I run the more motivated I am to drop weight so I can run greater distances and speed. The less weight I carry the easier this has to get right? :)

I'm being stricter this week counting calories during the weekdays. Counting calories and measuring things out can be a real drag. However, it's the best way I've found for myself to control my portions, reduce snacks, and instill some discipline on the dietary end.

StoopTroup
6/14/2011, 12:15 AM
Elliptical Trainer $450.00-799.00

Cut your hair = -12 lbs

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l7ob0zyQTR1qbbeeto4_500.jpg

oudavid1
6/14/2011, 12:25 AM
Ok, im 6'1 145lbs, what should I do?

OhU1
6/14/2011, 12:29 AM
[QUOTE=StoopTroup;3261475]Elliptical Trainer $450.00-799.00

Cut your hair = -12 lbs

Elliptical, too advanced a technology
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Um_oNjGrZw0/S9ozoy5G55I/AAAAAAAABVM/tTryoSMdK8I/s640/vintageexer.jpg

Peach Fuzz
6/14/2011, 12:40 AM

ummm lift weights? you should drink slim fasts after meals (got me 30 lbs in 3 weeks for college)

StoopTroup
6/14/2011, 12:47 AM
[QUOTE=StoopTroup;3261475]Elliptical Trainer $450.00-799.00

Cut your hair = -12 lbs

Elliptical, too advanced a technology
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Um_oNjGrZw0/S9ozoy5G55I/AAAAAAAABVM/tTryoSMdK8I/s640/vintageexer.jpg

That thing looks really painful....lol

soonerboomer93
6/14/2011, 02:06 AM
Advice: Just start working out. Get on a treadmill (or a eliptical or bike if your knees are bad) and just see how much work it takes to burn calories. Running a mile, or example, burns about 100 calories. That's probably not even one beer for you, unless you're one of those MGD 64 people, ewwww, gross beer is gross :eek:

When you start to see how much work it is to burn calories off, it will be a lot more difficult to look at those candy bars, potato chip bags and other vending machine crap the same way. You might even start to like diet soda more than the regular variety.

bikes are horrible calories per minute, even if you push it. I use an arc trainer, 5 days a week, 1 hour each session and average 16-17 calories per minute. I go at a moderate pace (for me). That's fast enough I can talk without being out of breathe if someone comes up to me. Or you can do interval ones also.

I also drink 3 nights a weeks and tend to eat like crap when I do, so bumping my cardio was my only choice.

Ideally, 3 drinks per week max when losing weight.

Pack your own lunches, eating out is bad bad bad. Also add in a couple low calorie snacks, have a high protein breakfast.

soonerboomer93
6/14/2011, 02:08 AM

Your burn rate is higher from lifting, and longer from cardio. do both, but lift first (that will burn your stored calories from the day) and then the cardio will start your metabolism on other stuff. 30 minutes of lifting generally is the best start. Even if it's light weight, just do more reps.

well you could go run like some have suggested, which will get you in shape and lose weight... in 3 years after you've become a 'cardio-queen'. Or you could shred away pounds by increasing muscle mass... more muscle=less fat

eat a lot of boiled eggs and grilled chicken... the more protein you eat the less fat your body holds.
You have to do lifting, cadrio and diet. If you can't last a 30 minute cadio (either full body working out low rests and lots of super sets or on a tread mill, you're doing it wrong).

http://www.livestrong.com/article/226601-fat-burning-vs-calorie-burning-workout/

http://www.livestrong.com/article/46363-muscles-vs.-fat-calories-burned/

Ctina
6/14/2011, 05:46 AM
Read up on something like the South Beach diet. You don't necessarily have to do the first couple weeks that cut out the majority of carbs as that is to kick start you and help break the carb cravings, but the 2nd and 3rd phases are where it teaches you about balanced meals and "healthy" carbs. Phase 1 is hard at first but it is good to get you immersed in the plan. You lose weight fairly quickly in it but it's mostly water weight. Carbs are necessary so you don't cut all of them out, but you do restrict them and get rid of the simple carbs/sugars that don't have much value to them.

Diet is the primary player in weight loss but as mentioned, the exercise is important to build muscle and boost metabolism. Plan ahead and have healthy snacks a couple of times a day, in between meals. (hard boiled eggs, nuts, string cheese, veggies, etc...)

Now if I can just get myself back on it.

JDMT
6/14/2011, 07:25 AM
Get the beetuuuss. You'll lose weight.

JLEW1818
6/14/2011, 08:17 AM
i never feel like eating breakfast in the morning.

oumartin
6/14/2011, 08:31 AM

WRONG!

I burn 2000-2200 calories per day running/eliptical & working out so I can induldge on a pop or chips or candy bar. Plus it keeps me off message boards unless I am at work. :D

delhalew
6/14/2011, 08:31 AM

Eat spoonfulls of Bacon fat from a jar? I had a period of time in college when I was that almost that thin. That will change drastically around the age of thirty.

jumperstop
6/14/2011, 08:45 AM

This was me, but if you want to get in shape amd lose weight breakfast is a must. Oatmeal, eggs, and a water. No toast, sugar rich cereals, only the tiniest bit of milk, maybe a banana...

87sooner
6/14/2011, 08:57 AM
it's pretty simple really..
burn more calories than you consume...
if you don't want to get more active....eat smaller portions...
eat your biggest meal at noon...
eat light in the evening and nothing after about 6pm...

instead of wasting time/energy working out....why not do something productive outside?
work in the garden....mow the lawn with a push mower...
go pick up trash in the neighborhood or along the roadside....

jumperstop
6/14/2011, 09:02 AM
it's pretty simple really..
burn more calories than you consume...
if you don't want to get more active....eat smaller portions...
eat your biggest meal at noon...
eat light in the evening and nothing after about 6pm...

instead of wasting time/energy working out....why not do something productive outside?
work in the garden....mow the lawn with a push mower...
go pick up trash in the neighborhood or along the roadside....

Eating late is a myth. You can eat right before bed if it's the right stuff. Cottage cheese is a great thing to eat before bed. It's just important to keep your metabolism going. Try eating about five small meals a day, I find that kinda hard though with work and stuff.

oumartin
6/14/2011, 09:12 AM
gardening? mowing the yard? those burn zilch in the calorie department

Just stick your finger down your throat after you eat.

lexsooner
6/14/2011, 09:27 AM
For a 230 pound man running a mile will burn from 150 - 200 depending on speed, hills, wind. 100 calories is like a minimum figure for walking a mile for anyone. Not to undermine your general advice which is to be aware of how hard it is to burn off excess food but if I only got a 100 calorie burn per mile I probably wouldn't bother to exercise.

Running consistently does help. I've ran 46 weeks in a row without missing any workouts (for me this is having to complete a minimum of three 1 -hour sessions in a week). I started last July 25th. I lost 35 pounds by March but I've stagnated with losing more because I've been lazy on the diet side and sometimes have had some week day beer indulgences that I can't afford (calorie wise).

If nothing else the running allows me a much larger margin of error in my diet and keeps me from putting back on the lost weight. Not to mention the fitness and health gains are pretty awesome.

The more I run the more motivated I am to drop weight so I can run greater distances and speed. The less weight I carry the easier this has to get right? :)

I'm being stricter this week counting calories during the weekdays. Counting calories and measuring things out can be a real drag. However, it's the best way I've found for myself to control my portions, reduce snacks, and instill some discipline on the dietary end.

You da man! Keep it up!

stoops the eternal pimp
6/14/2011, 09:39 AM
I've lost 33 points this year...I can't run, so I do a quick pace workout about 3 times a week and I also have to go out to eat alot..I quit eating the sides..Main course, I order what I want..NO fries, nothing like that..

I get about 1200-1300 calories a day..I get 600-650 between 8am and 2pm...600-650 between 2pm and 8pm....I don't eat after that

Mongo
6/14/2011, 09:41 AM
I've lost 33 points this year...I can't run, so I do a quick pace workout about 3 times a week and I also have to go out to eat alot..I quit eating the sides..Main course, I order what I want..NO fries, nothing like that..

I get about 1200-1300 calories a day..I get 600-650 between 8am and 2pm...600-650 between 2pm and 8pm....I don't eat after that

semen after 8pm still has calories

stoops the eternal pimp
6/14/2011, 09:54 AM
Oh its not that much..wait...

lexsooner
6/14/2011, 09:57 AM

You also da man!

NormanPride
6/14/2011, 10:57 AM

Careful, STEP. Cutting more than 500 calories off your BMR can be bad for you. Don't want your body to go into starvation mode...

saucysoonergal
6/14/2011, 11:01 AM
I know everyone seems to be in the P90X now, but BFL works pretty good too!

NormanPride
6/14/2011, 11:04 AM
P90X is good for getting big. But it takes an hour and a half a day, six days a week. Too long for me...

badger
6/14/2011, 11:10 AM
WRONG!

I burn 2000-2200 calories per day running/eliptical & working out so I can induldge on a pop or chips or candy bar. Plus it keeps me off message boards unless I am at work. :D

It works for me. It seems we disagree on a lot of stuff here though, so no biggie.

Just get active, everyone. You'll feel better and be healthier.

oumartin
6/14/2011, 11:17 AM
P90X is good for getting big. But it takes an hour and a half a day, six days a week. Too long for me...

p90x has two programs, one for size one for getting lean.

It's a fantastic program if you have the free weights and the ability to do a pull up. It is very time consuming for sure though but I have it down to memory and can pull off most routines and ab ripper in a little over an hour.

I dont do yoga,

Mongo
6/14/2011, 11:18 AM

It's a fantastic program if you have the free weights and the ability to do a pull up. It is very time consuming for sure though but I have it down to memory and can pull off most routines and ab ripper in a little over an hour.

I dont do yoga,

lets see that six pack:D

NormanPride
6/14/2011, 11:23 AM

I dont do yoga,
You don't do yoga? That was the best one, man.

oumartin
6/14/2011, 11:27 AM
I did it the first two rounds but I just substitute core syn on that day now.

My recovery week I just alternate between core and kenpo and on occassion throw in plyo in there during the week if I feel really good.

oumartin
6/14/2011, 11:30 AM
lets see that six pack:D

I'll never have a six pack. like fast food and pop too much but I do have abs now sucka!!!!!!!!

which reminds me. I was driving home after my sons game last night and some young early 20's punk was shirtless trying to run up trees along the walking/running trail. He happened to turn toward me as I drove by and dude was ripped and had a six pack going on. I almost swerved and ran his little punk @ss over.

NormanPride
6/14/2011, 11:30 AM
I got so damn sick of Legs and back after a couple rounds. I wish they had another workout for legs in there that would have changed things up again. It was a reason to hate Friday for me, which was a sign that I needed to stop. :D

JLEW1818
6/14/2011, 11:31 AM
i gotta lose the semi-gut before i worry about my iron?

Mongo
6/14/2011, 11:32 AM

do both, but focus on more cardio at this point

SoonerJack
6/14/2011, 11:34 AM
Cut the sugar out of your diet. Look on the back of packages to see how much sugar is in a serving. Then get a food scale and measure to see what how many grams of sugar looks like. You'll be surprised. I love Coke as much as the next guy, but realizing that a 12 oz can has over a 1/4 cup of sugar in it...dang.

oumartin
6/14/2011, 11:34 AM
I got so damn sick of Legs and back after a couple rounds. I wish they had another workout for legs in there that would have changed things up again. It was a reason to hate Friday for me, which was a sign that I needed to stop. :D

My least favorite is now kenpo. Used to love it(think I just have done it too many times). I don't mind legs and back cept those stupid toe roll iso lunges. hate those with a passion. Plus on legs and back you get to see the hot girl that is gonna become a dentist.

Yoga gives you another hottie that I can't recall her name

p90next should be out soon if it's not already

Eielson
6/14/2011, 11:52 AM

You don't have to.

http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html

Eielson
6/14/2011, 12:01 PM

It would actually help you maintain more muscle if you started now. You wanna lose fat, not just weight.

IndySooner
6/14/2011, 01:45 PM
I lost 60+ lbs in 6 months on weight watchers. I was in a very similar situation to you (the OP) and needed to lose the lbs. (www.weightwatchers.com) For $16 per month, you can enter everything in, subtract your exercise, etc. You'll consistently lose about 2 lbs. per week if you're doing it right. You'll keep it off unless you go crazy (which I have done as of late, and I'm about to go back on it hard-core) by losing the weight slowly and the right way. You have to exercise and build the right muscle, etc., but eating right is the most important part of losing the weight. Take it from someone who's been there and done that.

soonerchk
6/14/2011, 02:08 PM
Quit eating out and get up and move around. Even walking 20 minutes 3x a week will get you started. Don't diet, but do modify your eating habits to something you can live with. If you really have to eat out, pull up their nutritional info on their website so you can make better choices.

NormanPride
6/14/2011, 02:26 PM
Eat one potato chip every four minutes.

15 * 8 = 120 / 12 chips per oz = 10 * 155 calories per ounce = 1550 calories a day.

You can do that, right?

Serenity Now
6/14/2011, 06:12 PM
I quit eating out. Saved money and calories.

PX90. If I can't run because of a weak knee can I do PX90? I do eliptical and weights but want a change of pace.

JLEW1818
6/15/2011, 02:33 PM
had 1600 calories yesterday and ran 1.5 miles

Mongo
6/15/2011, 02:39 PM
we need before and after pics of your moobs, so post away

tommieharris91
6/15/2011, 02:45 PM
had 1600 calories yesterday and ran 1.5 miles

Good start.

When I got back into running, I made sure to run/walk 3 miles and work my way up to running 3 miles without stopping. I had to make sure to burn more calories.

JLEW1818
6/15/2011, 03:25 PM
if i can eat good and just limit beer to the weekends, i think i got this.

oumartin
6/15/2011, 04:16 PM
I quit eating out. Saved money and calories.

PX90. If I can't run because of a weak knee can I do PX90? I do eliptical and weights but want a change of pace.

p90x could work for you but there is a plyometrics workout that is non stop jumping and stuff. they have an alternative to that workout day called cardio x but I've never done it so don't know how hard it might be on the knees.

NormanPride
6/15/2011, 04:18 PM
I had knee surgery about a year ago, and I don't know that I would ever want to do plyo again on it. Hurts too much...

JLEW1818
6/15/2011, 04:25 PM
p90x could work for you but there is a plyometrics workout that is non stop jumping and stuff. they have an alternative to that workout day called cardio x but I've never done it so don't know how hard it might be on the knees.

are you sexy looking?

Mongo
6/15/2011, 04:26 PM
are you sexy looking?

i'd hit it

stoops the eternal pimp
6/15/2011, 04:38 PM
are you sexy looking?

I've hit it.

StoopTroup
6/15/2011, 04:39 PM
I'd smear honey on it in the middle of an Amazonian jungle

oumartin
6/15/2011, 04:53 PM
are you sexy looking?

obviously these guys wouldn't lie to you.

JLEW1818
6/15/2011, 09:58 PM
1500 calories, ran 1.5 miles.

C&CDean
6/15/2011, 10:16 PM
There's a whole buttload of gay going on up in this bitch.

You are a descendant of a caveman. Eat what the cavemen ate. Meat, veggies, berries, and whatever fruits/nuts don't kill you. No bread/pasta/tortillas/sodas/chips/cookies/pies/cakes/etc. You will be healthy and ripped. Simple formula, but about 1 in 1 MILLION have the guts to do it. I do it about 3 days a week. The other days I eat like a ****ing hog (just like the rest of you) except I leave out the bread/pasta if I can. I still ain't where I wanna be weight wise, but I'm strong, healthy, and feel good.

sooner59
6/15/2011, 10:16 PM
I drove from Tulsa to Norman and back. Good workout. Only made one stop between....at The Wedge. But I only ate 2 slices!

Mongo
6/15/2011, 10:21 PM
There's a whole buttload of gay going on up in this bitch.

You are a descendant of a caveman. Eat what the cavemen ate. Meat, veggies, berries, and whatever fruits/nuts don't kill you. No bread/pasta/tortillas/sodas/chips/cookies/pies/cakes/etc. You will be healthy and ripped. Simple formula, but about 1 in 1 MILLION have the guts to do it. I do it about 3 days a week. The other days I eat like a ****ing hog (just like the rest of you) except I leave out the bread/pasta if I can. I still ain't where I wanna be weight wise, but I'm strong, healthy, and feel good.

wrong. my small bladder having *** knows it is about caloric intake. you even said you you wanted to **** me since I was skinnier.

eat what you want to, burn more than you intake. simple. as. that

C&CDean
6/15/2011, 10:23 PM
wrong. my small bladder having *** knows it is about caloric intake. you even said you you wanted to **** me since I was skinnier.

eat what you want to, burn more than you intake. simple. as. that

I wanted to **** you because you were pretty. that night. I had been drinking. Heavily.

And you didn't complain about them ribs...

Mongo
6/15/2011, 10:26 PM
I wanted to **** you because you were pretty. that night. I had been drinking. Heavily.

And you didn't complain about them ribs...

you would drill me sober.

and those ribs were deelishus. appreciate the great grub.

C&CDean
6/15/2011, 10:28 PM
I would drill you sober. Stone. Cold. You are a pretty man. For an ex-O Lineman.

Mongo
6/15/2011, 10:29 PM
thanks. you and Chuck are first on my "if I go gay" list

C&CDean
6/15/2011, 10:34 PM
1TC is going to be so disappointed.

Mongo
6/15/2011, 10:38 PM
we have an open relationship

SoonerBread
6/15/2011, 11:12 PM
1. Go outside, do some manual labor. Or do something that will wear your *** out. If not every day, at least every other day.

2. Eat in moderation. I eat whatever the **** I want, just not so much I feel like I'm gonna pop. Small meals, all throughout the day. If you say you don't have time, ask yourself if you have time to die early. Make the time.

3. Drink lots of water, including tap water. You need those dissolved solids like sodium so when you sweat your *** off outside, you don't need Gatorade or the like to replenish your electrolytes. Save the money. Bottled water has little to no sodium (or anything else, really) that your body needs. It's just wet. It's fine, but don't marry it.

4. Find a partner/buddy to run/walk/bike/whatever with. Someone who will help you be accountable.

I lost 45 pounds in 3 months doing this. Went from 250 to 205. Been there for about a year. I'm 6'1", 32 years old. When I care to, I'll lose the remaining 25 pounds. To do so, I'll increase my physical exertion. Right now, my body is in equilibrium. I can't remember the last time I called in to work sick. I can't remember the last time I was out of breath before my 10-year old's baseball team. I don't have a gym membership. It was a waste of my money. The biggest help to me was to get it through my head that no matter what I did or ate, it had to be in moderation. I can't work out too hard, or I'll burn out. If I eat too much, I won't feel like working out, and that's the time I should work out the hardest.

OK2LA
6/15/2011, 11:53 PM

Did you see that they have a 50 piece Chicken McNuggets out now.

FIFTY.

$9.99.

If I was still in college, I'd be Mr. McNugget.

OK2LA
6/15/2011, 11:56 PM

Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.

Curly Bill
6/16/2011, 12:11 AM
6-3" 195-200lbs

What's my secret? A great metabolism! I work out, but have never had to for weight loss.

So...suck it fatties!!! :D

JLEW1818
6/16/2011, 09:51 AM
had breakfast the last 2 days. really does make you feel better throughout the day.

JLEW1818
6/16/2011, 09:51 AM
6-3" 195-200lbs

What's my secret? A great metabolism! I work out, but have never had to for weight loss.

i thought i did too, until i quit being active. :D

tugs, and 12 ounce curls trump me

oumartin
6/16/2011, 09:54 AM
had breakfast the last 2 days. really does make you feel better throughout the day.

Load up on protein in the morning yo...

eggs, chicken, meat.... you should take in more calories for breakfast than any other time of day. Kick starts yer day both energy wise and poop wise.

87sooner
6/16/2011, 09:54 AM
6-3" 195-200lbs

how old are you?

i'm 46....i drink pop all day...no diet crap for me....blue bell ice cream for a late nite snack...and i still weigh what i did when i was in my prime at 25....

Jammin'
6/16/2011, 09:57 AM
6'2, 218 this morning. I just lost 7 lbs in the last 10 days. I'm not really sure how. Less food, less beer I guess. I'd like to get down to 200 again but I'm not prepared to do anything at all other than less food, less bee...no, just less food, to get there.

JLEW1818
6/16/2011, 09:58 AM
scale said 227 this morning

i wonder what i will say before bed

Eielson
6/16/2011, 11:34 AM
6-3" 195-200lbs

I just wanted to make your day, and tell you that we're about the same size. It's cute. <3

Curly Bill
6/16/2011, 03:12 PM
i thought i did too, until i quit being active. :D

tugs, and 12 ounce curls trump me

U did a smart thing doing breakfast though - get that metabolism going, plus when ya skip breakfast you're so damn hungry later ya overdo it.

soonerboomer93
6/16/2011, 05:41 PM
scale said 227 this morning

i wonder what i will say before bed

weigh yourself at the same time everyday.

I only weight in the morning.

SoonerofAlabama
6/16/2011, 05:46 PM
Apparently, you weigh more at night than you do in the day, I think. So listen to soonerboomer93.

oumartin
6/17/2011, 06:17 AM
Yep, I weight 172-173 most mornings and at night I'll be 175-176.

Caboose
6/17/2011, 07:31 AM
Yep, I weight 172-173 most mornings and at night I'll be 175-176.

I lost 1.2 pounds just by taking a leak this morning. (seriously)

BOOMERBRADLEY
6/17/2011, 07:46 AM
Bring your own lunch.

If you go to a restaurant their "salads" are filled with calories too! Why would they make something that tasted like a cardboard box? They wouldn't and don't. Don't buy white bread or regular pasta. Try and stick to not so complex carbs like whole wheat breads or pastas. You can stuff your face with as many vegetables as you can find to take up space. Also cut out the potato chips and start eating white cheddar pirate booty which is rice based and easier for your body to break down

waynepayne
6/17/2011, 07:58 AM
Bring your own lunch.

If you go to a restaurant their "salads" are filled with calories too! Why would they make something that tasted like a cardboard box? They wouldn't and don't. Don't buy white bread or regular pasta. Try and stick to not so complex carbs like whole wheat breads or pastas. You can stuff your face with as many vegetables as you can find to take up space. Also cut out the potato chips and start eating white cheddar pirate booty which is rice based and easier for your body to break down

Agreed. I have cut out most sugar from my diet and drastically reduced carbs. I was shocked when I started looking at labels to see just how much stuff has sugar in it. Salad dressings are typically terrible so I usually just dont have any if I am eating out. I even discovered my beloved Sriracha has sugar in it :(

oumartin
6/17/2011, 11:03 AM
U can eat what u want. Its about calorie deficit

BOOMERBRADLEY
6/17/2011, 11:14 AM
U can eat what u want. Its about calorie deficit

In a sense that's true, but your body will hang on to those calories more so than lean meats, fruits and veggies. So you can have a big mac all day and not much else and your body will store what it has been fed. In our case a big mac which is loaded with fat and grease essentially defeating the purpose of losing weight. Feed your body right and exercise...it's not difficult