PDA

View Full Version : The Tennessee/Lane ****ing Kiffin thread

tommieharris91
6/12/2011, 11:10 AM
We start here. (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=6651690)

Have fun with that "lack of institutional control" you're about to get slapped with. Hopefully this causes USC to get more penalties too.

SoonerofAlabama
6/12/2011, 11:28 AM
Once again, the NCAA is cracking down on these schools now. I don't think it matters how much money your school brings in or how big your school is, the NCAA is going to punish you now. Even though Tennessee fired its basketball head coach, its football coach left, and it AD is leaving I think the NCAA will punish them. Kiffin was a terrible hire for USC. Why in the midst of all of the NCAA turmoil would you hire a guy that you already knew was going to get punished by the NCAA? I think not only does Tennessee get a load of penalties, but also more for USC. Kiffin I see as being fired soon because of the dark cloud that he brought to the already disastrous USC. I don't know what Tennessee gets, but it will be pretty tough because it the most notable sports at their school.

Unrelated: After Pete Carroll fails in the NFL and probably tries to get back into college football, what will the NCAA do? He is the one that caused all of the trouble and Kiffin was the scapegoat.

101sooner
6/12/2011, 11:38 AM
Once again, the NCAA is cracking down on these schools now. I don't think it matters how much money your school brings in or how big your school is, the NCAA is going to punish you now.

Exactly.

BOOMERBRADLEY
6/12/2011, 12:15 PM
Pete Carroll will be the head coach in waiting at UT

Jacie
6/12/2011, 02:16 PM
Kiffin said before leaving the downtown Indianapolis hotel for a football camp at Southern Cal . . . "It was a lot shorter than the last one I sat through, three days of USC's, and I'm happy it's over."

SoonerinSouthlake
6/13/2011, 12:36 PM
Unrelated: After Pete Carroll fails in the NFL and probably tries to get back into college football, what will the NCAA do? He is the one that caused all of the trouble and Kiffin was the scapegoat.

nothing- He will skate here. He took Seattle to an improbable playoff win vs Saints last year. His uber positive style will keep people loving him for a few years.... When the success doesnt continue, you are correct, he will come back to college game..and a big school will open up the checkbook and the NCAA will do nothing