PDA

View Full Version : Video of the Day: 2000 Oklahoma vs Texas A&M

JLEW1818
6/12/2011, 09:28 AM
by request

enjoy this one folks... i seem to forget how many different times we were down by 10, and came back.

T. Marshall pick6 is biggest play in Stoops histroy, period.

Enjoy

-4rj0o0LXYw

SoonerofAlabama
6/12/2011, 11:06 AM
Great video, great post. Thanks JLEW1818, Marshall's pick was amazing. After watching that Nebraska game I got to thinking about some of the other great plays. And I thought that one had to be shown. It was a great play. And one thought I had, Landry needs to learn to really scramble and control the game. Heupel definitely knew what to do out there and when to scramble and when he had to take a hit. Landry barely scrambled last year. He is a great quarterback, but he still has work to do. If you see the reverse, which is also a great play, then you will see Heupel make a great block I kn ow you don't really see QBs do that kind of stuff anymore, but it would be great to see Landry control the game like that.

LVSOONER15
6/12/2011, 11:46 AM
Another great game we had to come back from.

Salt City Sooner
6/12/2011, 11:54 AM
by request

enjoy this one folks... i seem to forget how many different times we were down by 10, and came back.

Enjoy

-4rj0o0LXYw
I'd take Strait's PBU in Stillwater over that in a heartbeat, & I mean absolutely no disrespect to TM's pick whatsoever.

MyT Oklahoma
6/12/2011, 12:24 PM
Thanks for sharing.

picasso
6/12/2011, 02:40 PM

We still win if he doesn't score. They couldn't stop us in the 2nd half.

Antwone Savage's back leg sideline 3rd and 10 grab was pure beauty.

SoonerofAlabama
6/12/2011, 02:52 PM
who was #19?

silverwheels
6/12/2011, 03:12 PM
Michael Thompson.

A Sooner in Texas
6/12/2011, 04:31 PM
Enjoy the vids you're posting, JLew. Just makes me so ready for the season! Thanks for doing this.

JLEW1818
6/12/2011, 05:43 PM
We still win if he doesn't score. They couldn't stop us in the 2nd half.

Antwone Savage's back leg sideline 3rd and 10 grab was pure beauty.

disagree. We really couldn't stop them either till the T. Marshall pick6. we totally took the crowd out of the game, and the aggies out of the game.

There was still over 7 minutes left in the game when the pick6 happened. OU was down 28-31.

What if's don't work. we very well could have turned the ball over or had to kick a FG, which would have made it a tie.

The pick6 won the game, and took the crowd/aggies out of the game.

there was not a single point scored after the pick6 happend with over 7 minutes left in the game.

35-31 Final

again, T-Marshall pick6 biggest play in Stoops histroy.

PLaw
6/12/2011, 05:45 PM
That team had character - they could take a solid punch in the mouth, shake it off, and come back swinging. There were no prima dona wussies in that group.

BOOMER

SoonerBacker
6/12/2011, 07:09 PM
I was at that game. The pick immedaiteyly quieted that stadium - EXCEPT for the SOONER fans, of course! GREAT GAME! Thanks, JLEW!

picasso
6/12/2011, 07:36 PM
disagree. We really couldn't stop them either till the T. Marshall pick6. we totally took the crowd out of the game, and the aggies out of the game.

There was still over 7 minutes left in the game when the pick6 happened. OU was down 28-31.

What if's don't work. we very well could have turned the ball over or had to kick a FG, which would have made it a tie.

The pick6 won the game, and took the crowd/aggies out of the game.

there was not a single point scored after the pick6 happend with over 7 minutes left in the game.

35-31 Final

again, T-Marshall pick6 biggest play in Stoops histroy.

Disagree all you want. I'll do the same.

picasso
6/12/2011, 07:38 PM
And I'll say that Rocky Calmus knocking the ball out of Wanker's hands in the Orange Bowl was just as big.

We could argue the biggest play all day.

How about JT's kick return at K-State? Their offense was rolling at the time.

SoonerofAlabama
6/12/2011, 08:29 PM
Since we have Texas A&M and Nebraska videos up from 2000. Which play was better Woolfolk's miracle catch or Marshall's pick six?

Salt City Sooner
6/12/2011, 09:03 PM
Still take Strait's play over it. As was previously mentioned, TM's pick came w/ about 7 1/2 to go, & the OU offense was on fire at that point, having scored the 3 previous times they had the ball (& FWIW, A&M had 2 TD's in the 2nd half, & the first of those was set up on a short field thanks to a Heupel pick).

If Strait doesn't bat that ball away in Stillwater, OU is in serious, serious trouble. That came w/ around 4 minutes to go in the game, & the OU offense is faced with the task of having to score. Trouble is, since the opening drive of the game (a 99 yarder), the offense proceeded to go D.O.A. for the rest of the game. Heupel had hamburger meat for an arm at that point & threw for all of 154 yards, easily his worst game of the year.

SoonerofAlabama
6/12/2011, 09:05 PM
Well, I guess we have our next video of the day. Either Okie State or K-State from 2000.

picasso
6/12/2011, 10:29 PM
Still take Strait's play over it. As was previously mentioned, TM's pick came w/ about 7 1/2 to go, & the OU offense was on fire at that point, having scored the 3 previous times they had the ball (& FWIW, A&M had 2 TD's in the 2nd half, & the first of those was set up on a short field thanks to a Heupel pick).

If Strait doesn't bat that ball away in Stillwater, OU is in serious, serious trouble. That came w/ around 4 minutes to go in the game, & the OU offense is faced with the task of having to score. Trouble is, since the opening drive of the game (a 99 yarder), the offense proceeded to go D.O.A. for the rest of the game. Heupel had hamburger meat for an arm at that point & threw for all of 154 yards, easily his worst game of the year.

Hard to argue that. The game came down to that final play.

JLEW1818
6/13/2011, 08:45 AM
all good plays. Aint gonna hate on any of them.

wow, what a magical season?

Fugue
6/13/2011, 01:57 PM
Michael Thompson.

makes me sad,
he was so freakin' good

TopDawg
6/13/2011, 04:32 PM
Heupel definitely knew what to do out there and when to scramble and when he had to take a hit. Landry barely scrambled last year. He is a great quarterback, but he still has work to do. If you see the reverse, which is also a great play, then you will see Heupel make a great block I kn ow you don't really see QBs do that kind of stuff anymore, but it would be great to see Landry control the game like that.

Landry.......or Sam, or Jason...

We haven't had a QB that's been able to scramble and elude the rush like Heupel could. He never got enough credit for that part of his game. This highlight video shows one scramble for a first down but he had at least one other that was even more impressive. I don't remember him having a highlight run like Bradford against OSU, but I feel like if any of our QBs had the scrambling awareness and ability that Heupel had, we'd be going for our 4th national title under Stoops this year.

And has anybody been able to throw the deep ball off their back foot better than Josh could?

JLEW1818
6/13/2011, 06:50 PM
Jason could before the knees

TopDawg
6/14/2011, 09:24 AM
Bomar could too. I guess a better way to say it would be that none of our QBs in the title game years (which would be Bad Knees Jason, not Good Knees Jason) were as effective at scrambling and eluding the rush as Heupel was.

LVSOONER15
6/14/2011, 10:34 AM
I love the way Heupel would lay the ball out there for those long bombs. His recievers were right underneath the ball.

Mad Dog Madsen
6/14/2011, 11:04 AM

On this same play I gotta admit... That block in the back on Mark Farris by Rocky Calmus was pure beauty! :D

NOVSooner
6/14/2011, 12:44 PM
watch for the shovel pass to #22 to be implemented again with Heupel calling plays! You heard it here folks!