PDA

View Full Version : Racist shopping or not?

Whet
6/10/2011, 07:35 PM
This guy sez blacks are obligated to shop at black stores. Is this racist?

Blackonomics - Your Obligation to Buy Black
Scott L. Steward on 06.09.11 at 9:38 PM

Please understand, this is not the old skool, 'fight the power', 'raise your fist', 'dashiki wearing', 'afro and black fist pick' rant. This conversation has real implications regrading the state of Black economics, today, tomorrow, and for generations to come.

This is real. You, including myself, are obligated to support Black businesses; not just any Black owned business, but quality Black owned businesses.

Why? Because with as much perceived power that we as a people have, the only true solution to ending violence in our streets, drug abuse in our neighborhoods, and teenage pregnancy is financial justice; financial empowerment. Why have political prowess and social acceptability, without financial ownership?

In order to be fully sustainable as a culture, all three elements of the financial empowerment cycle must be aligned. So what's required and how do we meet the goals? Let's explore the mission.

#1. We are obligated to support QUALITY Black owned and operated businesses. It is our charge as a people to support other entrepreneurs that resemble us. This is not about being racist or excluding any race from this process. It is about taking ownership and responsibility for the possibilities of our community. As a Black business owner, 99.9% of my revenue is generated by other African Americans. Very rarely, if at all, do consumers of other cultures seek my services, or the services of other African American owned businesses to spend their hard earned money. Often, Blacks don't think twice about where or with whom we spend our money with. In most cases, it doesn't even matter. Simply put, we generally don't care.

The number one complaint from Black consumers is that Black business owners don't provide quality service. Truth be told, we have all experienced some fundamental flaws with product or service providers, yet we rarely say, "I ain't never doing business with WHITE people again!!!" As soon as we have a problem at an African American owned establishment, we are quick to say, "I ain't never doing business with BLACK people again!!!" That sentiment is selfish and unfairly places all Black owned business owners in the same category. Surely, all businesses could benefit from staying on top of ensuring they offer the highest quality. We as consumers owe it to our selves and to the business owners to communicate when they are not providing the highest quality customer service possible; and not in a demanding manner, but as a critical friend. Communicating your needs and wants to business owners will help them provide quality products and quality service.

#2. Consider the amount of money you save if you only spend with Black owned businesses. When I first got on board with this movement, I was amazed at how much money I saved. Normally, when I wanted something to eat, I stopped wherever my wallet could afford. Now, if I see that I'm unable to spend the money with a quality Black owned business owner, I don't spend the money. I realized that the money I was saving was on products and services that I really didn't need anyway. Unfortunately, there are some areas that still need Black owned presence like grocery stores, hardware stores, and children's department stores.

#3. If We Don't Support Us, How Can We Expect Anyone Else to Support Us? There are so many African Americans in the business of starting a business, yet they don't feel the need to deliberately support other African American owned and operated businesses. Unless we build our own quality business network, how are we ever expected to truly indulge in the "American Dream"?

I could go on, but I am interested in hearing from you. What are your thoughts Chicago?

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/ndigo-we-break-bread/2011/06/blackonomics---your-obligation-to-buy-black-1.html

SpankyNek
6/10/2011, 07:55 PM
This is a terrible ideology.

It is important to spend the money on good businesses in our own communities regardless of skin color.

There is simply no correlation to good spending practices and skin color.

AlboSooner
6/10/2011, 07:56 PM
black or white, the Chinese get the business

SanJoaquinSooner
6/10/2011, 08:05 PM
This is a terrible ideology.

It is important to spend the money on good businesses in our own communities regardless of skin color.

There is simply no correlation to good spending practices and skin color.

Spanky, do you stay in Houston for your summer vacations?

SpankyNek
6/10/2011, 08:14 PM
Spanky, do you stay in Houston for your summer vacations?

I have to...there are too few Cherokee/Danish/French establishments worthy of my dollar anywhere else.;)

Actually, the family generally takes a vacation in the summer, but we are closing on a house in 3 weeks, so we will probably be here all summer (save a couple of small trips to see the family in Bethel Acres/Tulsa).

Next Summer is the big western US driving tour..Grand Canyon, Disneyland, San Simeon, Muir Woods, San Fran, Yosemite, etc...

SanJoaquinSooner
6/10/2011, 08:23 PM
I have to...there are too few Cherokee/Danish/French establishments worthy of my dollar anywhere else.;)

Actually, the family generally takes a vacation in the summer, but we are closing on a house in 3 weeks, so we will probably be here all summer (save a couple of small trips to see the family in Bethel Acres/Tulsa).

Next Summer is the big western US driving tour..Grand Canyon, Disneyland, San Simeon, Muir Woods, San Fran, Yosemite, etc...

The Houston hotel and restaurant establishments will be sorely disappointed!:)

lexsooner
6/11/2011, 11:59 AM
The black community in urban areas has long had issues with spending its money at non-black owned businesses, especially ones owned by immigrants who run businesses in predominantly black areas but do not live there themselves or choose to give back or be part of the black community. This article is consistent with past cries to keep the money within the community, and is frankly no big deal and is not controversial at all, irrespective of the OP's motives.

SpankyNek
6/11/2011, 01:31 PM
The black community in urban areas has long had issues with spending its money at non-black owned businesses, especially ones owned by immigrants who run businesses in predominantly black areas but do not live there themselves or choose to give back or be part of the black community. This article is consistent with past cries to keep the money within the community, and is frankly no big deal and is not controversial at all, irrespective of the OP's motives.

Why would they care if it is owned by an immigrant that DOES live in the community (Something the article fails to tackle)?

Aren't the business owners in the area already giving local contribution via property taxes?

What does it mean to be "part of the black community?"

Trying to see how your take on this makes any sense after reading this part of the article:

#2. Consider the amount of money you save if you only spend with Black owned businesses. When I first got on board with this movement, I was amazed at how much money I saved. Normally, when I wanted something to eat, I stopped wherever my wallet could afford. Now, if I see that I'm unable to spend the money with a quality Black owned business owner, I don't spend the money. I realized that the money I was saving was on products and services that I really didn't need anyway. Unfortunately, there are some areas that still need Black owned presence like grocery stores, hardware stores, and children's department stores.

The bolded portion is a ridiculous statement...are we to believe that the guy regularly chooses not to eat, rather than spend money in a "white" or "yellow" or "red" business? Also, the guy needs to brush up on his grammar, because this phrase
"Now, if I see that I'm unable to spend the money with a quality Black owned business owner" is saying that he will only buy stuff from an OWNER that is OWNED by a "Black"

The overall suggestion of this paragraph is an implication that a person, even when outside of their locale, should only buy items from people that look like them.

Frankly, just because a person has a certain pigmentation, it is in no way relevant to what kind of person he is, and this line of thinking results in situations like Bernard Hopkins telling Donovan McNabb he isn't "black enough."

A disgrace, really.

yermom
6/11/2011, 01:39 PM
if he just said local businesses, it would make more sense.

good luck finding a black doctor or lawyer. i guess he'll save a lot of money that way ;)

GKeeper316
6/11/2011, 01:45 PM
its your money. where you spend it and why is up to you.

i don't have a problem with it. example... i only buy home and garden stuff at home depot because they are the largest single contributor to youth soccer programs in america, and employ more olympic athletes than an other company in america.

i also dont buy smokes and gas from asian or middle eastern owned gas stations because i dont want to risk any money i spend there going to terrorists back in pakistan or moving more chinese family members into the USA.

SpankyNek
6/11/2011, 01:51 PM
its your money. where you spend it and why is up to you.

i don't have a problem with it. example... i only buy home and garden stuff at home depot because they are the largest single contributor to youth soccer programs in america, and employ more olympic athletes than an other company in america.

i also dont buy smokes and gas from asian or middle eastern owned gas stations because i dont want to risk any money i spend there going to terrorists back in pakistan or moving more chinese family members into the USA.
Do you check with the chamber of commerce, or do you just have some sort of psychic power that gives you ownership info?

And, buying because of what an owner does is about 1000X more of a defensible position than basing it upon the amount of melanin present in ones epidermis.

Memtig14
6/11/2011, 01:52 PM
Racist

Memtig14
6/11/2011, 01:53 PM
If it was a white guy saying whites were obligated to spend their money in businesses owned by whites........you would say it is racist.......so, this is too.

Sooner_Tuf
6/11/2011, 03:49 PM
Keep buying those smokes and you won't need to worry about terrorism or anything else.

lexsooner
6/11/2011, 04:43 PM
Keep buying those smokes and you won't need to worry about terrorism or anything else.

LOL! On an unrelated subject, it's really annoying at work when these yahoos take long smoke breaks on a regular basis. They stand around and believe it or not, often complain about fellow workers' work ethic. Unfortunately, it would be a huge labor management fight if the company tried to ban or regulate smoke breaks, but it really is not fair to fellow workers who don't smoke and the company itself. I've never seen so many entitled rednecks in my life - mah right to smoke fer two hours a work day, mah right to eat fast food and get fat, mah aching back, mah worker's comp, mah lunch break, mah coffee break, mah new pickup truck. Mah you is dang disgusting!

OhU1
6/11/2011, 04:50 PM
I've never seen so many entitled rednecks in my life - mah right to smoke fer two hours a work day, mah right to eat fast food and get fat, mah aching back, mah worker's comp, mah lunch break, mah coffee break, mah new pickup truck.

Tea party voters?

SanJoaquinSooner
6/11/2011, 05:23 PM
If it's my money, I choose to purchase from the business that has the best product or service, even if that means I am not purchasing from someone I consider within "my own community" - whatever that means. It is a morally defensible position, as it instructs those within your own community that they must improve or switch to a business for which they are better suited. Competition breeds excellence.

And of course I may choose to vary from this priniciple if I find the company and/or it's owners/employees with the best product of service violate some ethical or professional standard important to me.

If a black guy wants to buy only from black businesses I have no problem with it. It's his money. His choice.

lexsooner
6/11/2011, 06:07 PM
Tea party voters?

Ironically, yes, even though if the Tea Party had its way, many of the fat smokers would lose their jobs. You get the worst of both world with these entitled rednecks. Of course you would think such folks who expouse an old-fashioned evangelical Christian dogma, among their other beliefs, would be high in character and morals, but the opposite tends to be true. They engage in many workplace affairs and are so open and crass about their immoral conduct. It's probably more incestuous than their own families. Sometimes people tell me about the latest rumors, but I have to silence them to prevent throwing up in my mouth. I always say I have no interest in hearing about redneck sex. The thought of 500 pounds of Zaxby's chicken pounding each other and sweating is enough to make anyone lose their lunch.

GKeeper316
6/11/2011, 06:25 PM

i dont give a **** if i get cancer when im ****in 80.

C&CDean
6/11/2011, 06:26 PM

Words of a ****ing fool.

GKeeper316
6/11/2011, 06:33 PM
Words of a ****ing fool.

1. its a good thing i dont give a **** what you think, huh dean?

and 2. we wouldnt even have an america without tobacco.

C&CDean
6/11/2011, 06:38 PM
1. its a good thing i dont give a **** what you think, huh dean?

and 2. we wouldnt even have an america without tobacco.

Meh. It's a good thing we've got dumbasses like you to keep health insurance high, doctors employed, and people on message boards cheaply entertained.

GKeeper316
6/11/2011, 06:40 PM
Meh. It's a good thing we've got dumbasses like you to keep health insurance high, doctors employed, and people on message boards cheaply entertained.

i havnt been sick a single day in over 10 years.

nobody in my family who is a blood relative has ever gotten cancer.

im not worried.

C&CDean
6/11/2011, 06:45 PM
Good. Smoke up Johnny. You might be the first in your family and damn, wouldn't your folks be proud? Undertakers need business too.

Are you one of those guys who never matured past his 16th birthday? I know some like you. When I was 16 I remember saying "by the time I'm old enough to get lung cancer they'll have a cure" as I was hacking down 2+ packs of Kools a day. By the time I hit about 30 or so I started to wise up a little. I ain't got a clue how old you are, but maturally, you're about 16 I'm thinking.

GKeeper316
6/11/2011, 06:48 PM
Good. Smoke up Johnny. You might be the first in your family and damn, wouldn't your folks be proud? Undertakers need business too.

Are you one of those guys who never matured past his 16th birthday? I know some like you. When I was 16 I remember saying "by the time I'm old enough to get lung cancer they'll have a cure" as I was hacking down 2+ packs of Kools a day. By the time I hit about 30 or so I started to wise up a little. I ain't got a clue how old you are, but maturally, you're about 16 I'm thinking.

you're so much better than everyone else, dean. you should run for office and solve all the world's problems.

C&CDean
6/11/2011, 06:50 PM
you're so much better than everyone else, dean. you should run for office and solve all the world's problems.

Not everyone. Just you. And you're right, I should run for office. I'd get **** done - except for candy-asses who would bring up my stupidity when I was 16. Sure glad I'm still not that stupid.

GKeeper316
6/11/2011, 06:56 PM
Not everyone. Just you. And you're right, I should run for office. I'd get **** done - except for candy-asses who would bring up my stupidity when I was 16. Sure glad I'm still not that stupid.

ya dean. you rule. i wish i was like you. i figure all i need is about 50 lbs of pure fat and a lobotomy and im halfway there.

Scott D
6/11/2011, 06:58 PM
I have no problem with the article, I also understand the how and why he wrote it, and why it has yet to be successful.

C&CDean
6/11/2011, 07:04 PM
ya dean. you rule. i wish i was like you. i figure all i need is about 50 lbs of pure fat and a lobotomy and im halfway there.

Says Mr. innerweb warrior princess wannabe.

Mongo
6/11/2011, 07:07 PM
Dean would have his dick pics out in his first week of office

C&CDean
6/11/2011, 07:10 PM
Dean would have his dick pics out in his first week of office

They'd have to be from 1973 cause after I turned 16 I kinda grew up. A little.

You new in town sailor? Lookin' for a good time?

olevetonahill
6/11/2011, 07:37 PM
Ironically, yes, even though if the Tea Party had its way, many of the fat smokers would lose their jobs. You get the worst of both world with these entitled rednecks. Of course you would think such folks who expouse an old-fashioned evangelical Christian dogma, among their other beliefs, would be high in character and morals, but the opposite tends to be true. They engage in many workplace affairs and are so open and crass about their immoral conduct. It's probably more incestuous than their own families. Sometimes people tell me about the latest rumors, but I have to silence them to prevent throwing up in my mouth. I always say I have no interest in hearing about redneck sex. The thought of 500 pounds of Zaxby's chicken pounding each other and sweating is enough to make anyone lose their lunch.

You sir are my Hero.:rolleyes:

olevetonahill
6/11/2011, 07:40 PM

And Gomer strikes again.:D

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_QgcIP-pa2II/SUbQw9KAJcI/AAAAAAAAAX8/TygI4OQWl-E/s400/GomerPyle.jpg

C&CDean
6/11/2011, 07:41 PM
He wishes he'd of passed boot camp. At least Gomer did.

olevetonahill
6/11/2011, 07:42 PM
He wishes he'd of passed boot camp. At least Gomer did.

:eek: :D

olevetonahill
6/11/2011, 07:44 PM
Says Mr. innerweb warrior princess wannabe.

http://www.wondercostumes.com/imgzoom/WARRIOR-PRINCESS-COSTUME-34091.jpg

Whet
6/11/2011, 08:25 PM
Cancer isn't the only issue with smoking. A smoker is more likely to get emphysema. Nothing like not being able to breathe.

XingTheRubicon
6/11/2011, 08:56 PM

Dean is black?

C&CDean
6/11/2011, 09:05 PM
Dean is black?

Lily white. As the driven rain. WTF is your point?

C&CDean
6/11/2011, 09:06 PM
I meant snow dammit.

cccasooner2
6/11/2011, 09:29 PM
Lesson: Rob only non-black establishments, they have more money.

lexsooner
6/11/2011, 10:09 PM
Lesson: Rob only non-black establishments, they have more money.

The real lesson of this thread is: don't act like you are some great patriot and then smoke like a chimney and be a burden to the rest of your fellow citizens.

SCOUT
6/11/2011, 10:15 PM
Cancer isn't the only issue with smoking. A smoker is more likely to get emphysema. Nothing like not being able to breathe. My Grandmother lived with us while emphysema took her life. Her explanation was pretty simple. Try breathing through a straw all of the time. It makes you panic and need more air. The problem is that you can still only breathe through that straw.

No thanks.

Veritas
6/11/2011, 10:37 PM

im not worried.
Two years ago nobody in my family who was a blood relative had gotten cancer, either side.

Now my dad and my uncle are gone because of cancer.

It sure was easier to be flip and cavalier back then.

lexsooner
6/11/2011, 11:09 PM
Two years ago nobody in my family who was a blood relative had gotten cancer, either side.

Now my dad and my uncle are gone because of cancer.

It sure was easier to be flip and cavalier back then.

Amen to that, V. Sorry to hear about your Dad and Uncle. My Dad was never seriously ill in his life, but in the last decade he has survived bouts with two different types of cancer. It's no joke. A decade ago I did not know any breast cancer vicitims, but now I know almost ten women with breast cancer. Just because you don't have it today does not mean you will not be diagnosed tomorrow. If you smoke, kick the habit now, for your own good and that of all of the rest of us. Don't be selfish.

RACHEL MADDOW is my clone
6/11/2011, 11:13 PM
Stories like lex's and V's make me really wonder if cancer is genetic or not...

lexsooner
6/11/2011, 11:30 PM
Stories like lex's and V's make me really wonder if cancer is genetic or not...

I think research has shown there is a strong genetic component in many cases of cancer. I have heard of breast cancer in families which is so frequent among the women that some poor young women in the family opt to have their breasts removed by radical mastectomy since their chances of breast cancer is nearly 100%. Of course some of it is environmental. Dad has no family history of cancer, but he worked for decades in a laboratory setting with exposure to radioactive chemicals and materials, so I tend to believe his protstate and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma are environmentally caused.

Sooner_Tuf
6/12/2011, 06:12 AM

That is quite a portrait you just painted with just thirteen words. Nothing is cooler than someone who doesn't give a **** about the future.

yermom
6/12/2011, 07:46 AM
i can't tell if this is on purpose or not:

http://www.i-boy.com/images/JohnBender.jpg

smoke up, Johnny!

lexsooner
6/12/2011, 01:48 PM

im not worried.

None of us know if we currently have cells which are turning into cancer cells in our bodies. It can happen at any time and smoking greatly increases the chances. I view smoking like other vices such as boozing or bad hours, bad food, whatever. When you are younger, your body can generally tolerate it, but there is a tipping point later in life when the effects really hit you and suddenly you are not feeling so good each day, and it doesn't necessarily have to be cancer. It could be early COPD or emphysema or joint degeneration which is exacerbated by the chemicals in cigarettes. This is not even mentioning a bad, grayish smoker's skin complexion and that nasty smoker's cough, etc. Then your health care expenses go way up and everyone else in the end has to pay for your nasty habit and refusal to give it up. This is not even mentioning how the smell of smoke and the smell of it on you grosses out non-smokers. It's like going around smelling like bad B.O. and your car smelling like that B.O. cab in Seinfeld. How could anyone be so lacking in personal dignity?

lexsooner
6/12/2011, 01:50 PM
That is quite a portrait you just painted with just thirteen words. Nothing is cooler than someone who doesn't give a **** about the future.

LOL! Why should he? He doesn't give a **** about anyone else around him right now or his fellow citizens.

Jerk
6/12/2011, 03:01 PM

The only 'entitled rednecks' I see around here belong to unions. You're a real piece of work. You think that you have a superior intellect to those that don't see the world your way, yet when when real-life and recent proof exists that your leftist ideas suck, because they don't work, because they have a proven track record of EPIC FAIL, you're here talking about rednecks and fatties. Do you live here in Oklahoma? Why not try a place that is completely dominated by liberals like yourself....such as Detroit. Then when you remember Oklahoma City's 4.5 unemployment rate, perhaps the light will hit, but I doubt it. You are a ****ing moron, just like that Marxist idiot you voted for in the White House.

SpankyNek
6/12/2011, 03:16 PM
FACT: Marxism has never been implemented anywhere in the world.

FICTION:Barack Obama is a Marxist.

FACT:Capitalists are guilty of using many attacks on Marxism, communism, and socialism, yet they constantly deride "progressives" for using such tactics.

Have you been attending Alinsky lectures?

lexsooner
6/12/2011, 03:21 PM
The only 'entitled rednecks' I see around here belong to unions. You're a real piece of work. You think that you have a superior intellect to those that don't see the world your way, yet when when real-life and recent proof exists that your leftist ideas suck, because they don't work, because they have a proven track record of EPIC FAIL, you start talking about rednecks and fatties. Do you live here in Oklahoma? Why not try a place that is completely dominated by liberals like yourself....such as Detroit. Then when you remember Oklahoma City's 4.5 unemployment rate, perphaps the light will hit, but I doubt it. You are a ****ing moron, just like that Marxist idiot you voted for in the White House.

You're funny. I'm not sure what your hissy fit has to do with this thread or frankly anything else, or maybe you are a redneck and your feelings are hurt. If you are a redneck and I offended you, sorry. But I stand by my post.

No, I live in Kentucky and yes, Dorothy, there are many entitled rednecks here who don't belong to unions. In fact, many don't even work or are marginally employed and live off of government entitlements. It's the sad culture of Appalachia which is quite similar to the inner city culture of, you know, those people [wink, wink], and even the ones who work seem to have some of these qualities. The health problems here are serious, and the drug problems are off the hook among country whites. Ironically, Kentucky is one of the most conservative states in the country, pretty similar to Oklahoma, in fact.

And, yes, the union at work is very much at fault for promoting this entitled culture, although without a union or some protection of employees, I know our management would abuse the crap out of the line workers. I just call it as I see it.

SpankyNek
6/12/2011, 03:25 PM
Still laughing at the concept of liberal union entitled rednecks.

Jerk
6/12/2011, 03:25 PM
Why? Because with as much perceived power that we as a people have, the only true solution to ending violence in our streets, drug abuse in our neighborhoods, and teenage pregnancy is financial justice; financial empowermentOh yeah, that's the ticket. 'Financial justice.' As if, the destruction of the black family by do-gooder white liberals had nothing to do with it. They made the black father irrelevant, and encouraged the destruction of the black family unit by creating an entire class of dependents who didn't need him anymore, in fact, it would be financially detrimental for him to hang around. Any black folk reading this? Look up abortion statistics. You've been herded into a genocide but you don't realize it.

However, this plantation as not as bad as the old one. Instead of picking cotton, they just need your vote.

Does anyone here know that before Lyndon Johnson's War on Poverty, that blacks had the best family cohesion in the country?

Jerk
6/12/2011, 03:26 PM
You live in Lexington? Well please stay there, we don't need anyone around here voting for the leachfu** party.

Jerk
6/12/2011, 03:28 PM
FACT: Marxism has never been implemented anywhere in the world.

FICTION:Barack Obama is a Marxist.

FACT:Capitalists are guilty of using many attacks on Marxism, communism, and socialism, yet they constantly deride "progressives" for using such tactics.

Have you been attending Alinsky lectures?

FACT- Obama has stated that the private sector IS THE ENEMY. And you people wonder why the economy has gone to ****. (Dreams of my Father)

Jerk
6/12/2011, 03:30 PM
In whose house did Obummer launch his political career (when he ran for an Illinois state senate seat)?

Jerk
6/12/2011, 03:40 PM
FACT: Marxism has never been implemented anywhere in the world.Yeah, it's never worked because the right people weren't in charge:rolleyes:

How dense are you people? Look at Greece, look at California, look at Illinois, New York, Michigan. They are all broke or are going broke. Why? Could it be because your system always sucks the life out of the productive class? Could it be because Keynesian economics is a documented and proven failure? Could it be because free markets create wealth and you don't understand this? The proof is all around you.

Just travel around. More free markets = more prosperity. More government and government control = more misery. It is so obvious it is ridiculous.

SpankyNek
6/12/2011, 03:47 PM
Yeah, it's never worked because the right people weren't in charge:rolleyes:

How dense are you people? Look at Greece, look at California, look at Illinois, New York, Michigan. They are all broke or are going broke. Why? Could it be because your system always sucks the life out of the productive class? Could it be because Keynesian economics is a documented and proven failure? Could it be because free markets create wealth and you don't understand this? The proof is all around you.

Just travel around. More free markets = more prosperity. More government and government control = more misery. It is so obvious it is ridiculous.

I mention Marxism and you return with stellar examples like Greece, California, et al....this only proves how far right some "centrists" really are.

Quick...name one socialist country that utilized a democracy.

You can't, because Marxism has never been implemented.

sooner n houston
6/12/2011, 05:06 PM
Wow, hurry up football!!!

yermom
6/12/2011, 06:53 PM
Where should I travel to see this model prosperous free market economy?

I Am Right
6/12/2011, 07:23 PM
Yes

C&CDean
6/12/2011, 07:27 PM
Yes

Certainly:

Xql99I1VSdI

tommieharris91
6/12/2011, 10:04 PM
I mention Marxism and you return with stellar examples like Greece, California, et al....this only proves how far right some "centrists" really are.

Quick...name one socialist country that utilized a democracy.

You can't, because Marxism has never been implemented.

I've seen this argument before, from both sides.

tator
6/13/2011, 10:42 AM
Is it just me or did this thread completely jump ship?

lexsooner
6/13/2011, 10:46 AM
Is it just me or did this thread completely jump ship?

No, it did - several times. I think it has about run its course and needs to be locked.

yermom
6/13/2011, 10:47 AM
i still want to know about this true free market that can't help but be prosperous so i can know where to move once the Marxists have run this country into the ground

SpankyNek
6/13/2011, 11:06 AM
i still want to know about this true free market that can't help but be prosperous so i can know where to move once the Marxists have run this country into the ground
Probably somewhere in Zaire or some other "black community."

WichitaSooner
6/13/2011, 11:30 AM
So wait, I'm confused... does this mean you CAN or CAN'T get red drink and soul glo from the wal-mart????

Bourbon St Sooner
6/13/2011, 01:33 PM
Wal-Mart's a white redneck racist and marxist capitalist establishment. You should shop there as much as possible.

The Profit
6/13/2011, 01:45 PM
Wal-Mart's a white redneck racist and marxist capitalist establishment. You should shop there as much as possible.

I like how the Chinese have allowed the words Marxist and Capitalism to coexist, and Walmart has brought the two worlds together.

saucysoonergal
6/13/2011, 01:58 PM
http://mit.zenfs.com/102/2011/06/McDonalds.jpg

The Profit
6/13/2011, 02:35 PM
http://mit.zenfs.com/102/2011/06/McDonalds.jpg

What is that?

saucysoonergal
6/13/2011, 02:37 PM
What is that?

A hoax that occurred this past weekend. The Phone # is actually KFC.

SoonerofAlabama
6/13/2011, 02:38 PM
It is a fake picture.

From yahoo:

An online hoax that falsely suggests McDonald's discriminates against African-American customers is causing a PR headache for the Golden Arches.

Over the weekend, the photograph above circulated widely on the internet. The image shows what looks like an official McDonald's notice in the window of a restaurant, telling customers that blacks will be charged $1.50 extra "as an insurance measure due in part to a recent string of robberies."

Many internet users retweeted the photo, using the words "Seriously McDonald's," to express their disapproval of the burger chain.

In response, McDonald's sent a tweet of its own on Saturday: "That pic is a senseless & ignorant hoax McD's values ALL our customers. Diversity runs deep in our culture on both sides of the counter."

But that clearly wasn't enough to clear things up, because Twitter users continued to send out the picture, with that same message of condemnation: "Seriously McDonald's." Indeed, so many people sent "Seriously McDonald's" Tweets that the phrase became a leading entry on Twitter's trend list.

That led to a second, blunter McTweet, on Sunday: "That Seriously McDonalds picture is a hoax."

The latest pushback effort seems to have helped keep the photo from spreading too much further--but there's no telling how many people out there still think the photo is for real.

This is hardly the only recent barrage of negative publicity for the burger behemoth--some of it more justified. McDonalds CEO Jim Skinner recently was forced to defend the company's renewed use of the Ronald McDonald mascot to appeal to children, after critics said the restaurant's fat-laden burgers and fries endanger kids' health.

It's not clear who created the hoax image. It appears to have first showed up on the popular 4chan message board, and it was posted last year on an anti-McDonald's blog.

But there's no doubt it's fake. As some Twitter users have pointed out, the toll-free number given at the bottom of the sign is actually the number for ... Kentucky Fried Chicken.