PDA

View Full Version : Does the new Firefox slow down your computer?

achiro
6/9/2011, 03:55 PM
I feel like ever since I loaded them my computers have been running really slow.

Penguin
6/9/2011, 04:00 PM
I do know that the thing has crashed on me 5 or 6 times. I never had a problem with the last version.

olevetonahill
6/9/2011, 04:24 PM
werkin fine fer me.

TheLadiesMike
6/9/2011, 05:24 PM
It's been fine for me for weeks but it did crash yesterday. Not sure what's to blame.

OUMallen
6/9/2011, 05:32 PM
Chrome, yo

Veritas
6/9/2011, 05:36 PM
Chrome, yo
Yup. I got sick of dealing with FFox's horrific Javascript memory leak.

olevetonahill
6/9/2011, 05:40 PM
Have they got Chrome working right?

achiro
6/9/2011, 05:44 PM

Not sure what a Javascript memory leak is but a huge lack of RAM seems to be the issue for me when FF is running.
So Chrome huh?

yermom
6/9/2011, 06:27 PM
Flash is what seems to kill Firefox for me.

Chrome is awesome

you can right click on Chrome in the taskbar and see what tabs/processes are using up RAM/CPU and kill them. if it's a tab, you can just refresh it afterward, it doesn't even close it.

with Firefox, it's all or nothing.

Al Gore
6/9/2011, 06:44 PM
Chrome!!!!!

Scott D
6/9/2011, 07:34 PM

this, and the fact that I had to get a third party program remover to get rid of FFox sold me on the fact that I no longer need it eating up both hard drive space and ram.

MeMyself&Me
6/9/2011, 07:51 PM
Hmmm, I'll have to give this chrome a try. Fire Fox has been real good to me until the last version. With this last version, it keeps reaching a point where it acts like I'm not connected to the internet... even though Explorer has no problems. Then I have to restart the whole damned program to get it to work and I usually have about 15 tabs open.

Scott D
6/9/2011, 07:52 PM
I've heard a lot of people had problems when they upgraded from 3.x to 4.0 with Firefox. I think it's popularity of a few years ago turned it into bloatware that became a prime target for malware.

olevetonahill
6/9/2011, 08:28 PM
Do you have to remove FF?

AlboSooner
6/9/2011, 08:29 PM
no problems here

yermom
6/9/2011, 08:29 PM
Do you have to remove FF?

as far as i know, it shouldn't cause any problems unless you use it. it doesn't take up that much space.

i still use it sparingly, more than IE though

Sooner_Tuf
6/9/2011, 08:31 PM
I still use Firefox quite abit because I have all the KB shortcuts ingrained in my head. I don't use very many add ons anymore as they seem to have a negative impact on performance.

I used chrome for several months when it first came out. It doesn't seem render pages as nicely as other browsers for me.

Slowly but surely I am switching back to Safari. I use Camino for most of the times I need a secure connection.

olevetonahill
6/9/2011, 08:31 PM
as far as i know, it shouldn't cause any problems unless you use it. it doesn't take up that much space.

i still use it sparingly, more than IE though

I just bot this Lap Top about 6 months ago so it should have every thing it needs to run it . Ya have a link to load it . Ill give it a try

yermom
6/9/2011, 08:36 PM
Firefox needs more juice than Chrome. Chrome runs on just about anything.

not sure which you were asking for:

Firefox: http://www.mozilla.com

Chrome: http://www.google.com/chrome

olevetonahill
6/9/2011, 08:38 PM
Firefox needs more juice than Chrome. Chrome runs on just about anything.

not sure which you were asking for:

Firefox: http://www.mozilla.com

Chrome: http://www.google.com/chrome

The chrome , I gots the FF

So FF wont be using up anything if I aint using it?

yermom
6/9/2011, 08:42 PM
just a little space on the harddrive, in most situations

olevetonahill
6/9/2011, 09:34 PM
just a little space on the harddrive, in most situations

Cool Ill try it tomorrow.

achiro
6/13/2011, 04:55 PM
I just loaded Chrome onto my office computer and holy smokes it has made a dramatic difference in speeds!