PDA

View Full Version : What's going on with Gingrich?

3rdgensooner
6/9/2011, 02:14 PM
Newt Gingrich 2012 Senior Campaign Aides Resign En Masse: AP Sources (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/09/newt-gingrich-aides-resign_n_874356.html)

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/288969/thumbs/r-NEWT-GINGRICH-AIDES-RESIGN-large570.jpg

The Associated Press reports (http://twitter.com/#%21/Philip_Elliott/status/78897181041500161) that senior aides working on former House Speaker Newt Gingrich's presidential campaign have resigned (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20110609/us-gingrich-campaign/) en masse.
...Gingrich's campaign manager and numerous other key aides have resigned together, a strong blow to his hopes for the Republican presidential nomination. Ginrgrich press spokesman Rick Tyler told The Associated Press that he's resigned along with campaign manager Rob Johnson, senior strategists and aides in key early primary states.

soonerchk
6/9/2011, 02:15 PM
Weiner pics!

dear mod, please no, I would have to poke out my own eyeballs.

The Profit
6/9/2011, 02:16 PM
Weiner pics!

dear mod, please no, I would have to poke out my own eyeballs.

Someone else would have had to take them. Newt hasn't seen his root in years.

soonerchk
6/9/2011, 02:20 PM
Someone else would have had to take them. Newt hasn't seen his root in years.

Bad visual. Bad bad bad visual.:mad:

The Profit
6/9/2011, 02:24 PM
Bad visual. Bad bad bad visual.:mad:

Hey, at least I said it after lunch.

SoCaliSooner
6/9/2011, 02:27 PM
Rick Perry is going to run.

SpankyNek
6/9/2011, 02:30 PM
Rick Perry is going to run.

More good news for President Obama.

The Profit
6/9/2011, 02:31 PM
More good news for President Obama.

Yeah, like this country is ready to vote for another right winger from Texas.

NormanPride
6/9/2011, 02:37 PM
Nobody in Texas even likes Rick Perry.

SpankyNek
6/9/2011, 02:38 PM
Yeah, like this country is ready to vote for another right winger from Texas.

I am right there with ya, Profit. If the McSame argument worked last time, there isn't a bigger W. clone than Rick Perry.

On a side note (hypothetical):
If President Obama was to announce that he was replacing Joe Biden on his ticket with Oprah Winfrey, would it be a guaranteed lock for the dems in the White House for the next 12 years?

I don't think there is a person alive (except maybe Bill Clinton) that could beat Oprah, if she went full steam ahead.

3rdgensooner
6/9/2011, 02:42 PM
I am right there with ya, Profit. If the McSame argument worked last time, there isn't a bigger W. clone than Rick Perry.

Not too long ago I had my tv on in the background and thought W was speaking. Perry sounds just like him. It kind of creeped me out.

okie52
6/9/2011, 02:44 PM

Yet they re-elected him twice and has been in office for over 10 years.

Texans must really hate his opposition.

NormanPride
6/9/2011, 02:44 PM
Nail on the head, sir.

lexsooner
6/9/2011, 02:45 PM
Newt Gingrich 2012 Senior Campaign Aides Resign En Masse: AP Sources (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/09/newt-gingrich-aides-resign_n_874356.html)

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/288969/thumbs/r-NEWT-GINGRICH-AIDES-RESIGN-large570.jpg

The Associated Press reports (http://twitter.com/#%21/Philip_Elliott/status/78897181041500161) that senior aides working on former House Speaker Newt Gingrich's presidential campaign have resigned (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20110609/us-gingrich-campaign/) en masse.
...Gingrich's campaign manager and numerous other key aides have resigned together, a strong blow to his hopes for the Republican presidential nomination. Ginrgrich press spokesman Rick Tyler told The Associated Press that he's resigned along with campaign manager Rob Johnson, senior strategists and aides in key early primary states.

The shame of it is Newt has much more intelligence and substance than the other GOP candidates running. He's just not very likeable, has lots of baggage and is not electable. I would not mind seeing him in some advisory role or cabinet position even if Obama wins re-election. It never hurts to have more brains and ideas around, even if philosophies differ.

okie52
6/9/2011, 02:46 PM

If President Obama was to announce that he was replacing Joe Biden on his ticket with Oprah Winfrey, would it be a guaranteed lock for the dems in the White House for the next 12 years?

I don't think there is a person alive (except maybe Bill Clinton) that could beat Oprah, if she went full steam ahead.

Oprah's popularity is about 1/2 of what it was 20 years ago. But, then again, Obama can relate to that.

OUMallen
6/9/2011, 02:49 PM
I miss the connection from his staffers leaving to Rick P is running...?

3rdgensooner
6/9/2011, 02:50 PM
I am waiting for the next tangent....any predictions?

JohnnyMack
6/9/2011, 02:51 PM

I'll bet it can be found somewhere on Drudge.

SpankyNek
Oprah's popularity is about 1/2 of what it was 20 years ago. But, then again, Obama can relate to that.

While true, her popularity numbers would dwarf that of all of the Republican "contenders" combined.

The Profit

I believe his campaign manager and at least one of the staffers were campaign workers for Perry on his last run for governor.

MsProudSooner
6/9/2011, 02:52 PM
The shame of it is Newt has much more intelligence and substance than the other GOP candidates running. He's just not very likeable, has lots of baggage and is not electable. I would not mind seeing him in some advisory role or cabinet position even if Obama wins re-election. It never hurts to have more brains and ideas around, even if philosophies differ.

That smacks of bi-partisanship and extremists don't like that.....

okie52
6/9/2011, 02:54 PM
While true, her popularity numbers would dwarf that of all of the Republican "contenders" combined.

Until she opened her mouth politically. There are already polls showing Romney ahead of Obama.

SpankyNek
6/9/2011, 02:59 PM
Mondale was a shoe-in in the summer of 83.

JohnnyMack
6/9/2011, 03:00 PM

Hillary was a shoe-in in the summer of 07.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/9/2011, 03:05 PM
This is where someone makes the internet tough guy comment about someone's *** being a shoe-in if they keep up with the lip.

okie52
6/9/2011, 03:08 PM

You are right, polls now are meaningless. Just like projections on how a talk show host would fare.

OUMallen
6/9/2011, 03:12 PM
I believe his campaign manager and at least one of the staffers were campaign workers for Perry on his last run for governor.

Garcia.

soonercoop1
6/9/2011, 03:13 PM

Several differences between W and Perry-a big one concerning illegal immigration and border security...glad Newt is out as it makes it easier for Herman Cain...

soonerchk
6/9/2011, 04:07 PM
I am waiting for the next tangent....any predictions?

I predict that RLIMC will start a similar thread and then get bitchy when it's pointed out to him.

amiryte?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/9/2011, 04:11 PM
requesting a merge = "bitchy". Shame on you, dawrlin'.

King Crimson
6/9/2011, 04:35 PM
take a pic of Newt in a Camaro. T-tops, and let's get it over with.

he's killed himself as a politician more times than you get even in this stupid world we live in. let it go, peoples. call yourself libertarian, Reaganite, Randite, whatever.....

Newt=dead.

The
6/9/2011, 04:37 PM
Newt died?

How's this going to effect the primaries?

Scott D
6/9/2011, 04:38 PM
I heard Newt was going to take Palin's guns away so she couldn't skeet shoot on her next episode of Sarah Palin's Alaska with special guest star (insert useless realty star here)

King Crimson
6/9/2011, 04:41 PM
Newt died?

How's this going to effect the primaries?

live or dead, none.

Newt is a fantasy for some people who thin acid wash jeans are cool and Singles was a racy document of the underculture.

TheLadiesMike
6/9/2011, 05:19 PM
He was pretty much a non-starter. He tried to reinvent himself as an ideas guy since he left office and I think people liked him as a guy that would advance ideas but he is not seen as very viable or likable. He's made a lot of mistakes already during his campaign. I bet he drops out later this year.

TheLadiesMike
6/9/2011, 05:20 PM
I love the cocky posts from Dems these days. The GOP nominee doesn't have to be that popular since the economy is not getting any better and blaming Bush is not working any more. Historical indicators show that Obama is in bad shape.

6/9/2011, 05:25 PM
...Obama is in bad shape.He should get the union vote, the trial loyers, the crony capitalists, and welfare recipients, and that's about it. Shouldn't be anywhere near 51% of the voters.

SpankyNek
6/9/2011, 05:44 PM
He should get the union vote, the trial loyers, the crony capitalists, and welfare recipients, and that's about it. Shouldn't be anywhere near 51% of the voters.

Don't forget the minorities and women.

That leaves about 45% to be split up between the pubs and the independent.

texaspokieokie
6/9/2011, 06:04 PM

How funny !!!

6/9/2011, 06:59 PM
Nobody in Texas even likes Rick Perry.He was appointed governor.

6/9/2011, 07:09 PM
Don't forget the minorities and women.

How much of each of those blocks is the unknown. If the Obear wins again, nobody else does.

MeMyself&Me
6/9/2011, 07:59 PM
I live in Texas and I don't like Perry. If it were Perry vs Obama, I'd have to pull a Brewster and vote "None of the above".

RACHEL MADDOW is my clone
6/9/2011, 08:15 PM
Who is Obear?!?!

AlboSooner
6/9/2011, 08:28 PM
he's never gonna be potus. nevar

BoomerJack
6/10/2011, 09:52 AM
Back to the original question, IMO, Gingrich has been living on Fantasy Island for the last several years. He's been going on Faux News & being fawned over by those suck-ups, going around the country to various conservative meetings/conventions earning up to six figure appearance fees and writing books that are mostly purchased by various conservativef PAC's that artificially pumps up their ranking on best seller lists. He has come to believe that accurately reflects his overall popularity across the electorate.

As to a Gover "Good Hair" Rick Perry presidential candidacy, he may indeed run since his ego is about as big as Gingrich's. But mark my word, the next governor of Texas that is going to be elected POTUS hasn't been born yet.