PDA

View Full Version : Thursday poll: First to get first Big 12 title?

badger
6/9/2011, 09:57 AM
When our conference lost Colorado and Nebraska, we not only lost two of our past national championship teams, but also, two of our very few teams (ok, so just 6, but still!) to win the conference championship under the "Big 12" banner.

So... rock the vote. Which of our have-nots will have a Big 12 football title first?

This can be shared, but CANNOT be a defunct divisional title. Just Big 12, not Big 12 South or Big 12 North!

Also, this does not count the Big 8, Big 7, Big 6, SWC or any other conferences anyone was ever a part of. Just the current Big 12!

Vote once, vote anonymously, and you cannot change your vote. Four days of votin'

IndySooner
6/9/2011, 10:00 AM
None of them will before the league dissolves next year.

Doged
6/9/2011, 10:01 AM
I think it's between Okie Lite and Mizzou. No way to tell if either one of them will be able to sustain any kind of success, so I randomly picked Mizzou.

badger
6/9/2011, 10:02 AM

OK, then for the sake of argument, of these teams, who gets a conference title NEXT, even if they end up in the Sun Belt, MWC, C-USA, or SEC or something :D

And be sure to explain your fun reasoning :D

PS: Baylor is the only team to not at least get a share of a division title during the Big 12 era. OSU also held that humorous distinction till last year... of course,their share was just a third of one. Tiny share! :stunned:

soonerchk
6/9/2011, 10:03 AM
Mizzou due to the infamous Poke Choke.

NormanPride
6/9/2011, 10:04 AM
Iowa State will end up in the same conference as directional Michigan, and after a couple of embarrassing seasons will end up on top by default.

badger
6/9/2011, 10:17 AM
Gary Pinkel is a stupidhead. So that eliminates Mizzou.
Mike Gundy is man. A crazy man. That eliminates OSU.
Turner Gill is not a stupidhead or a crazy man, because he milked KU for a big no-buyout contract. But his team sucks. No to Kansas.
Tech might have a good lobby in the Texas state legislature, but their program will not win without Captain Mikey. No Tech.
Baylor might be bowling, but they are losing those games too. No Baylor.

IOWA STATE!

Paul Rhodes will get these guys going soon, I just know it. Hope it doesn't come at our expense. Maybe they'll be in the Big Ten by then...

Sooner_Tuf
6/9/2011, 10:26 AM

Why would the League dissolve next year?

BoulderSooner79
6/9/2011, 10:29 AM
I have to go with IndySooner that the league will probably change again before any of these teams win it. But if the league somehow stayed intact forever, I suspect I'm too old to be alive to find out if I won the poll. So could someone add a "PS" to my grave stone if I win? (and spell it "pole")

ISU seems like a sensible pick, but I think Paul Rhodes will be snapped up by an elite program before it happens. So if I don't take a sensible pick, I'll take the crazy man - he's at his destination school and he's only 40 (plus a few).

rekamrettuB
6/9/2011, 10:46 AM
I would lean towards Ok State and Mizzu for sure. They are in the best current position to do so. I know nothing of either recruiting efforts so I'm just looking at the next two years.

texaspokieokie
6/9/2011, 10:53 AM
Badgie;

the logic or reasons you use to eleminate everyone apply just as much if not more to ISU.:P

badger
6/9/2011, 11:04 AM
Badgie;

the logic or reasons you use to eleminate everyone apply just as much if not more to ISU.:P

No, only Gary Pinkel is a stupidhead. Why are you all voting for Gary Pinkel?! Don't you realize that Gary Pinkel is a stupidhead?

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/gary-pinkel.jpg

Seriously.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qwT49mRDkKk/RtLpV-JFUQI/AAAAAAAABJ0/VcSgk6UV2kQ/s320/pinkel315mu07camp082607flas.jpg

stoopified
6/9/2011, 11:35 AM
I think it's between Okie Lite and Mizzou. No way to tell if either one of them will be able to sustain any kind of success, so I randomly picked Mizzou.Flip a coin?

TheLadiesMike
6/9/2011, 11:44 AM
Tech would be the answer if they had kept Leach. They would need a down Texas and get OU at Lubbock and they could have done it.

SoonerofAlabama
6/9/2011, 11:49 AM
I voted for Baylor. They are putting things together, except for they will have to do it fast becasue their talent is getting ready to leave.

EatLeadCommie
6/9/2011, 12:00 PM
Okie Light, and it could happen this year. It only has to be a shared title, and we aren't dealing with divisions anymore.

meoveryouxinfinity
6/9/2011, 12:47 PM
OSU

pphilfran
6/9/2011, 01:10 PM
Gary Pinkel is a stupidhead. So that eliminates Mizzou.
Mike Gundy is man. A crazy man. That eliminates OSU.
Turner Gill is not a stupidhead or a crazy man, because he milked KU for a big no-buyout contract. But his team sucks. No to Kansas.
Tech might have a good lobby in the Texas state legislature, but their program will not win without Captain Mikey. No Tech.
Baylor might be bowling, but they are losing those games too. No Baylor.

IOWA STATE!

Paul Rhodes will get these guys going soon, I just know it. Hope it doesn't come at our expense. Maybe they'll be in the Big Ten by then...

This is good...

badger
6/9/2011, 01:14 PM
Anyone dares to say when their poll team will get their conference championship, or which conference (assuming the Big 12 dissolves as some of you have) they win?

I'll go with Iowa State in the Big 12, in 2014. That will be Rhodes' fifth year, the traditional year for coaches to go out with bang to get a bigger contract :)

BoulderSooner79
6/9/2011, 01:32 PM
The year after Stoops retires - rookie OU coach gets a pass.

Mad Dog Madsen
6/9/2011, 01:35 PM
LMAO! I can't believe 4 people actually voted for ISU.

badger
6/9/2011, 01:40 PM
LMAO! I can't believe 4 people actually voted for ISU.

Now now, they are in the same boat as the other five losers that never won the Big 12.

badger
6/9/2011, 01:54 PM
OSU ---- poll team on the rise!

Wow, I thought Mizzou had this wrapped up (PS: Gary Pinkel is a stupidhead)

texaspokieokie
6/9/2011, 02:43 PM
well, since pinkel is a stupiddumbhead, it must be ISU>

TheLadiesMike
6/9/2011, 05:03 PM
How are ties broken in the new Big XII?

badger
6/9/2011, 05:41 PM

I imagine the same as the old way: Head-to-head, like-opponents and if nothing else, the BCS rankings.

OK :D So that is the PR answer. The real answer is OU wins. OU goes to the BCS, to OU goes all of the glory, OU, OU, OU.

(it's true, probably to the chagrin of many Hook em, :rcmad:, and :stunned:)

Bourbon St Sooner
6/10/2011, 09:48 AM
Since there's no longer a conf championship game, it's a lot more likely one of these teams will come up and get a share of the title soon. I mean, Mich State was B10 co-champs last year. In 2000, Northwestern was B10 co-champs and got spanked by 40 by nebbish in the bowl game.

That's why I would pick a team that's close enough now to getting there like oswho or mo.

SpankyNek
6/10/2011, 10:18 AM
Nebraska will win the big 10 before any of these teams win whatever conference title.

kelloggOUballa
6/10/2011, 10:47 AM

Whichever way makes Texas come out on top, I assume.

EatLeadCommie
6/10/2011, 11:58 AM
I think the real question is who is going to fill the vacuum that Nebraska left, if anybody.

JLEW1818
6/10/2011, 12:00 PM
the pokes in year 2654