PDA

View Full Version : Flying Dog pulls out

delhalew
6/9/2011, 08:34 AM
http://beeradvocate.com/news/3834170

Seems odd since their numbers are up(like most craft brews).

If you live in one of these states, and like the Flying Dog, you will have to find something else.

Alaska
Washington
Oregon
Idaho
Montana
New Mexico
Arizona
Nebraska
Iowa
Missouri
Kansas
Louisiana
Arkansas

Seems like they are making plenty of money locally, and are looking to cut costs. I hope other Breweries don't follow suit.

sanantoniosooner
6/9/2011, 08:39 AM
I don't know crap about beer, but that title had way more potential than you exploited.

delhalew
6/9/2011, 08:52 AM
Raging Bitch Belgian IPA

http://www.blogaboutbeer.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/ragingbitch_12oz_bodylabel.jpg

Tulsa_Fireman
6/9/2011, 09:10 AM
I've taken a crap in Frederick, Maryland.

sanantoniosooner
6/9/2011, 09:11 AM
I've taken a crap in Frederick, Maryland.

Who did you take it from?

And where did you end up leaving it?

Tulsa_Fireman
6/9/2011, 09:12 AM
Joe Yablonksi.

Inside his hot water heater.

Next question?

sanantoniosooner
6/9/2011, 09:13 AM
Was it double tapered?

Mississippi Sooner
6/9/2011, 09:15 AM
I once stayed in a hotel in Frederick, Maryland that I thought might be of questionable character. My suspicions were confirmed the next morning when I got on an elevator at the same time as this chick wearing too much makeup, a very short satiny dress and carrying a boom box. I started to ask her what her hourly rates were, but I was running late.

JohnnyMack
6/9/2011, 09:23 AM
The Gonzo Imperial Porter is good (They had a barrel aged version a few years back that was expensive but worth it). I also like their Doube Dog Pale Ale, kind of a poor man's Arrogant Bastard.

Position Limit
6/9/2011, 09:31 AM
i was informed by my local liquor store yesterday that i can no longer buy avery's brown ale in oklahoma. or any avery's product. which is really sad as avery brewery knew how to make things other than IPA and wheat beers. thier brown ale was a thing of beauty. the guys at the store told me that they have too much demand elsewhere and it's not worth having product in oklahoma. sounded kind of strange. so i bought 2 four packs of sam smiths nut brown ale. looking for an american variety legit brown ale. any suggestions? and please dont thow out moosedrool.

JohnnyMack
6/9/2011, 09:39 AM
i was informed by my local liquor store yesterday that i can no longer buy avery's brown ale in oklahoma. or any avery's product. which is really sad as avery brewery knew how to make things other than IPA and wheat beers. thier brown ale was a thing of beauty. the guys at the store told me that they have too much demand elsewhere and it's not worth having product in oklahoma. sounded kind of strange. so i bought 2 four packs of sam smiths nut brown ale. looking for an american variety legit brown ale. any suggestions? and please dont thow out moosedrool.

Try: Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar or Lost Coast Downtown Brown

delhalew
6/9/2011, 09:44 AM

I haven't checked to see if we can get Smuttynose Old Brown Dog, but it's good. Most American Browns will be a little more hoppy than the English versions. A nutty brown might be the exception.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/9/2011, 09:46 AM
Try the brown eye.

IndySooner
6/9/2011, 09:47 AM
We can't get my favorite brown here. It's Hub City Brown out of Iowa. It was better when they weren't mass producing and filtering so much, but it's still a really good brown.

Position Limit
6/9/2011, 09:55 AM
Try: Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar or Lost Coast Downtown Brown

thanks for the look. i've writtent them down. i now have something to do later.

JohnnyMack
6/9/2011, 10:00 AM
Try the brown eye.

Why do you keep sending me PM's about popping your balloon knot? What does that even mean?

Tulsa_Fireman
6/9/2011, 10:04 AM
SPEK CALL ME