PDA

View Full Version : Toby Keith: bad singer or worst singer ever?

dynersooner
6/8/2011, 09:58 PM
Welcome to Moore!!!

Memtig14
6/8/2011, 10:01 PM
neither?

oumartin
6/8/2011, 10:03 PM
dumb thread or dumbest thread ever?

hawaii 5-0
6/8/2011, 10:05 PM
I love The Taliban Song.

5-0

Trump/ Gomez 2012

Mongo
6/8/2011, 10:21 PM
worst eating place owner too

sooner59
6/8/2011, 10:54 PM
I've only eaten there 3 times but the only bad thing was the wait one time we went. But it went from 2 hours to 25 minutes when spots at the bar opened up. Food was good. I've had a steak, roasted chicken, and chicken fried chicken. All pretty dang good. I don't mind his singing, but I don't really listen to country all that much.

MR2-Sooner86
6/8/2011, 10:59 PM
His restaurant isn't really that great for the price. It's a glorified Chili's if anything else.

sooner59
6/8/2011, 11:51 PM
I wouldn't buy a steak at Chili's. I know that much.

King Crimson
6/9/2011, 12:19 AM
i take a big pass on "celebrity restaurants". wtf does that even mean?

or why should i believe that someone who is famous at something else is going to give me a good restaurant?

i'm going to buy a car from John Elway here in Denver....just because he's John Elway.

that's how morons think.

no strong neg or pos feelings about Toby either way. i do think his "ownership" group turned that golf course north of Norman into crap, typical "golfing lifestyle" housing community when it had a chance to be pretty good golf course. Belmar, Belhaven....

that's about my level of mental interaction with Toby.

sooner59
6/9/2011, 12:36 AM
Personally, IDGAS who owns a restaurant or what its called. If the food and service is good, its fine with me. All of my experiences with his restaurant have been positive, so I can't really say bad things about it.

sooner59
6/9/2011, 12:39 AM
On a side note. The Wolfgang Puck restaurant in Tulsa ****ing sucks a big fat ****. The service was fine, but the food was **** and it was way too expensive for what I was served. Could have eaten at a fast food place and been happier.

Memtig14
6/9/2011, 12:43 AM
On a side note. The Wolfgang Puck restaurant in Tulsa ****ing sucks a big fat ****. The service was fine, but the food was **** and it was way too expensive for what I was served. Could have eaten at a fast food place and been happier.

Glad you said that.

Now I won't have to take my wife.

Thank you!

SCOUT
6/9/2011, 12:56 AM
Toby Keith is alright. He bugs me with some of his songs, but wins me back with Wayman's song.

olevetonahill
6/9/2011, 01:05 AM
Much like the TeeVee i dont listen to much music, Hell the radio in my truck went out several years ago and I aint even got around to seein if its a simple fuse.

Any way the songs of his that I have heard are good IMHO

GDC
6/9/2011, 07:46 AM
i'm going to buy a car from John Elway here in Denver....just because he's John Elway.

But would you go see a punk band named "Elway"?:D

jumperstop
6/9/2011, 07:53 AM
I've only been to Toby Keith's once. Wasn't bad, but seemed way over priced. I can go a lot of other better places for a lot cheaper. $13 chicken fried steak.....dumb. And the constant Toby Keith music videos is a deal breaker.

stevo
6/9/2011, 08:48 AM
his food and his musak both suck. he's tone deaf (srsly.)

stoopified
6/9/2011, 09:24 AM
Toby's music is good ....for country.In any case I am in his corner because of his support for OU and OUr troops.

The Profit
6/9/2011, 09:30 AM
For what Toby Keith does for our troops (he regularly goes to Iraq and Afghanistan), I would like anything he sings.

3rdgensooner
6/9/2011, 09:54 AM
I don't listen to country music so I don't really have much of an opinion about Toby Keith. He has certainly had some success and made some cash, so yay for the American way!

On a side note. The Wolfgang Puck restaurant in Tulsa ****ing sucks a big fat ****. The service was fine, but the food was **** and it was way too expensive for what I was served. Could have eaten at a fast food place and been happier.I had a really good experience at Wolfgang Puck's.

Seems that people have differing opinions about food, music, and all kinds of topics. Who knew?

tator
6/9/2011, 09:58 AM
Seems that people have differing opinions about food, music, and all kinds of topics. Who knew?
You learn something new every day

dynersooner
6/9/2011, 09:59 AM
So far "Worst Singer Ever" is leading the way, with "Bad Singer" a close second.

I'll keep everyone apprised as to how the most bestest thread in the history of soonerfans.com is going.

ywia.

nighttrain12
6/9/2011, 09:49 PM
So far "Worst Singer Ever" is leading the way, with "Bad Singer" a close second.

I'll keep everyone apprised as to how the most bestest thread in the history of soonerfans.com is going.

ywia.

Which Dixie Chick are you? Natalie (the fat one), Emily (the cross-eyed one), or Martie (the one who got big fake boobs)?

C&CDean
6/9/2011, 09:58 PM
I never cared one way or the other about Toby. I thought it was very cool when he sang "How Do You Like Me Now?" at the 2000 NC celebration at Owen Field. Then, we got invited to a concert at the Ford Center several years back in a suite right next to Bob, Mike, Brent, The King, and their missuses. It was the "I Love this Bar" tour. It was an allsome night. I had a lot of fun, and became a semi-Toby fan. All you haters (Boarder is the uber hater) can suck a nut.

Soonerus
6/9/2011, 10:06 PM
Oklahoma loves Toby !!!

Soonerson1975
6/9/2011, 10:34 PM
Oklahoma loves Toby !!!

Oklahoma also loves bad roads and meth, what's your point?

Soonerus
6/9/2011, 10:54 PM
Oklahoma also loves bad roads and meth, what's your point?

We love Oklahoma and you are a hater....

Turd_Ferguson
6/9/2011, 10:54 PM
Oklahoma loves Toby !!!Werd

Soonerus
6/9/2011, 10:56 PM
Werd

Yes, you are werd....

Turd_Ferguson
6/9/2011, 10:59 PM
Yes, you are werd....**** you, ya old cranky bastard...

Soonerus
6/9/2011, 11:00 PM
**** you, ya old cranky bastard...

Stunned, you sxck...

SoCaliSooner
6/9/2011, 11:01 PM
I admire the fact that he can sing songs that profit from America's tragedies....

Turd_Ferguson
6/9/2011, 11:02 PM
Stunned, you sxck...Are you drunk....again?

Soonerus
6/9/2011, 11:02 PM
U sxcking again...

Turd_Ferguson
6/9/2011, 11:07 PM
U sxcking again...Maybe...you up for some key jangl'n?

Soonerus
6/9/2011, 11:10 PM
Maybe...you up for some key jangl'n?

Wait, I will ask Toby....

sooner59
6/10/2011, 01:23 AM
I don't listen to country music so I don't really have much of an opinion about Toby Keith. He has certainly had some success and made some cash, so yay for the American way!

I had a really good experience at Wolfgang Puck's.

Yeah, we all like different things and each person can have different experiences each time we go to a place. My fiance got a pizza and it was so tough she couldn't eat it. I had a slice and it was way too salty and tough. I've had better pizza from Pizza Shuttle. The she didn't eat much of it. It was $14. Mine was a $15 braised short ribs plate. Wasn't a whole lot of food was just a basic pot roast, potatoes and carrots taste. I've made better at home. Had spring rolls for an appetizer. They were good. Not worth a $45 bill, though. Probably won't go back.

BOOMERBRADLEY
6/10/2011, 07:25 AM
I admire the fact that he can sing songs that profit from America's tragedies....

Alan Jackson, businesses that contract with FEMA,...etc

Its' what we do. Deal with it

OutlandTrophy
6/10/2011, 07:28 AM
I never cared one way or the other about Toby. I thought it was very cool when he sang "How Do You Like Me Now?" at the 2000 NC celebration at Owen Field. Then, we got invited to a concert at the Ford Center several years back in a suite right next to Bob, Mike, Brent, The King, and their missuses. It was the "I Love this Bar" tour. It was an allsome night. I had a lot of fun, and became a semi-Toby fan. All you haters (Boarder is the uber hater) can suck a nut.
the way you tell it you were almost in the same suite as them!

C&CDean
6/10/2011, 08:45 AM
the way you tell it you were almost in the same suite as them!

I was. You ever been to a suite at the Ford Center? They have a couple rows of theater seats out in front of each suite. The distance from our seats to their seats was about 3 feet. We were close enough to chat, and I was close enough to see that Mrs. Stoops is talented.

When you're in your suite you can't see next door though. Lots of beer/booze/chicken/veggies/TVs, etc. so I spent most of time in there. We've seen Elton John, Martina McBride and some others from that suite. It's the allsome.

jk the sooner fan
6/10/2011, 08:51 AM
wait? Elton John was in the adjacent suite at the Toby Keith concert?

Jammin'
6/10/2011, 08:51 AM
i take a big pass on "celebrity restaurants". wtf does that even mean?

or why should i believe that someone who is famous at something else is going to give me a good restaurant?

that's how morons think.

no strong neg or pos feelings about Toby either way. i do think his "ownership" group turned that golf course north of Norman into crap, typical "golfing lifestyle" housing community when it had a chance to be pretty good golf course. Belmar, Belhaven....

that's about my level of mental interaction with Toby.

Just out of curiousity, what do you think of Billy Sims BBQ?

C&CDean
6/10/2011, 08:52 AM
wait? Elton John was in the adjacent suite at the Toby Keith concert?

Yeah, him and Billy Joel were playing dueling dildos.

jk the sooner fan
6/10/2011, 08:53 AM
i like some of his songs - and there are some i dont like

i think its great - what he's done for the troops

so he put his name on a restaurant - its a business venture for him - if you see it as something else, i think you're looking too hard

jk the sooner fan
6/10/2011, 08:54 AM
Yeah, him and Billy Joel were playing dueling dildos.

so thats what happens when you lose somebody like Christie Brinkley....

OutlandTrophy
6/10/2011, 08:56 AM
I was. You ever been to a suite at the Ford Center?

I have.

The
6/10/2011, 08:57 AM
http://i.imgur.com/C9sSL.gif

C&CDean
6/10/2011, 08:57 AM
I have.

And...?

OutlandTrophy
6/10/2011, 09:05 AM
And what? You axed me if I had ever been to a suite at the Ford Center, I said that I had.

If this is a penis measuring thread I guess I could tell you how many games I have watched from the suites. I have never seen a concert from them.

rekamrettuB
6/10/2011, 09:08 AM
Suite Smack!!!

C&CDean
6/10/2011, 09:09 AM
And what? You axed me if I had ever been to a suite at the Ford Center, I said that I had.

If this is a penis measuring thread I guess I could tell you how many games I have watched from the suites. I have never seen a concert from them.

Penis measuring? WTF is wrong with you? You jumped in and popped off so I axed you the question. Would you agree that from the suite seats you can see/touch/hear others from other suites next door? That's my point nimroddy.

OutlandTrophy
6/10/2011, 09:17 AM
you're actually closer to people when you sit in the stands because there are no walls and rails between you.

DOH!!!

;)

C&CDean
6/10/2011, 09:19 AM
You mean sit with the common folk? The horror...

OutlandTrophy
6/10/2011, 09:35 AM
:)

Partial Qualifier
6/10/2011, 09:42 AM
Alls I knows is, if I can be the worlds worst singer and afford a homestead like Toby's.......

hand me the microphone, Chauncey

Mongo
6/10/2011, 10:15 AM
if there is any penis measuring going on, can I get PQ in the first round of the tourney? it is basically a bye

Partial Qualifier
6/10/2011, 10:22 AM
Indeed. You got a fishin' trip planned or something?

Partial Qualifier
6/10/2011, 02:22 PM
Indeed. You got a fishin' trip planned or something?

Ending threads since '96. :)

Mongo
6/10/2011, 02:24 PM
I didnt get it

Partial Qualifier
6/10/2011, 02:34 PM
I didnt get it

see, I turned it around by indicating I'd enjoy the automatic bye, and suggested you wanted a quick exit because, presumably, you wished to pursue other endeavors.

Mongo
6/10/2011, 02:35 PM
see what happens when you are smarter than your target audience?

Partial Qualifier
6/10/2011, 02:36 PM
Failing to end threads since '96. :)

fixed

dynersooner
6/12/2011, 09:07 PM
This needs resolution

RACHEL MADDOW is my clone
6/12/2011, 10:02 PM
Wanna know why I like Toby Keith? He's a D. E. M. O. C. R. A. T. !!!!!

StoopTroup
6/12/2011, 10:05 PM
Wanna know why I like Toby Keith? He's a D. E. M. O. C. R. A. T. !!!!!

So is David Boren....

StoopTroup
6/12/2011, 10:09 PM
-Fulz4ytZ54

sooneron
6/13/2011, 09:11 AM
Toby - some catchy songs occasionally, despite musical averageness. He does the cheap jingoistic spiel too much.
I like that he performs for the troops like he does.
I could care less about his bar. I agree that Belmar is becoming crap. Even though I loathed the original owner.

There, I think that covers it for me.

CatfishSooner
6/13/2011, 09:41 PM
What's wrong w/ Belmar?

sooneron
6/13/2011, 09:57 PM
What's wrong w/ Belmar?

Before, it was a nice course that you could pretty much walk on to play, now they're trying to turn it into Norman's version of Gallardia.