PDA

View Full Version : Wal Mart shareholder meeting...

pphilfran
6/8/2011, 06:59 PM
I know a girl that attended...the Black Eyed Peas, Alicia Keys, and Will Smith all performed...

Not like any shareholder meeting I ever attended...though I have only attended a few...

U1CPFnFYBlQ

optOxlq3SHM

OhU1
6/8/2011, 07:13 PM
Nothing says hip like a Wal-Mart shareholders meeting!

Pillmanj
6/8/2011, 08:38 PM
LOL

Chuck Bao
6/8/2011, 09:38 PM
I have been to a lot of shareholders' meetings in Hong Kong. My favorite was always that old trading hong, Jardine (you know the one that Clavell's Noble House was based on). They always had the Mandarin Hotel cater the food and serve champagne. Nobody wanted to ask questions as everybody came for the food.

They are not as elaborate affairs in Thailand. At my old company, I had a male secretary whose job was to attend the shareholders' meetings and vote proxy shares however instructed by our brokerage clients. What a boring job it must be to have to sit through all those meetings. On the other hand, I can imagine that he could easily be mistaken for one of the richest men in Thailand and pick up women.

mgsooner
6/8/2011, 10:44 PM
Were complimentary hookers provided?

Chuck Bao
6/9/2011, 12:43 AM
Were complimentary hookers provided?

I guess that you are asking me. The answer is no. Jardines is a big deal in Hong Kong and they own many of the huge office towers in Central through their subsidiary Hong Kong Land.

One of the scions of the Keswick family visited Thailand last year and requested that I present my views on Thailand's politics and economy at the Oriental Hotel, another of their many affiliates. He seemed like a really nice, friendly guy. But, I have no illusions that I was there only to justify his weekend jaunt and whatever else he had going on.

I was the real hooker in this scene and I admit to being paid for my services. Now, you make me feel dirty.

jk the sooner fan
6/9/2011, 08:03 AM
nothing says $$$ like a wal-mart shareholders meeting

royalfan5
6/9/2011, 08:07 AM
This confirms my theory that the Black Eyed Peas are the Wal-Mart of pop music.

rekamrettuB
6/9/2011, 09:00 AM
Was Slash there?

Dio
6/9/2011, 09:51 AM
More importantly- were any of these people there?

YvxNgdFeWqM

tator
6/9/2011, 09:55 AM
This is dripping with irony. Spending a huge amount of money on a meeting with people who are concerned about your profits....

soonerscuba
6/9/2011, 10:00 AM
Was Slash there?He was if you believe in Vunter Slaush.