PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Noble

HBick
6/8/2011, 06:41 PM
Stoops just said he's done with football due to the concussion. What a shame, I can't imagine how hard that is.

**Per Jake Trotter's Twitter

http://twitter.com/Jake_Trotter

MyT Oklahoma
6/8/2011, 06:43 PM
Sorry to hear this but I wish him only the best.

pappy
6/8/2011, 06:50 PM
Sad day. He had lots of talent and could've been great.

sooner59
6/8/2011, 07:28 PM
Wow. That sucks. But if he took it that badly, then you don't want to take a chance on his health. We definitely need to get some good linemen to go with the skill guys we are locking up.

okienole3
6/8/2011, 07:47 PM
Another miss by James Hale. He was absolutely sure he would be coming back.

toast
6/8/2011, 07:48 PM
Feel for him, but hopefully he has a long and healthy life ahead of him.

BoulderSooner79
6/8/2011, 08:12 PM
I've been expecting this ever since a teammate used the words "prayers" after what was supposed to be a minor injury in the spring. You don't often hear a call for prayers over a sprained ankle. Best wishes to Daniel.

okienole3
6/8/2011, 08:17 PM
Tough break for the kid. Glad he is focusing on health.

TheLadiesMike
6/8/2011, 09:34 PM
Another miss by James Hale. He was absolutely sure he would be coming back.

This seems in poor taste. A young man's athletic career just ended due to an apparently serious injury/condition. This doesn't seem like the time to pull out the punditry score card.

Chiliman
6/8/2011, 09:39 PM
Well that sucks. Good luck to the young man. Between him and Austin it sure is a crappy way to address our scholarship problems. Damn!

the-rover
6/8/2011, 09:45 PM
Well that sucks. Good luck to the young man. Between him and Austin it sure is a crappy way to address our scholarship problems. Damn!

Yes, tough break for Daniel

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would think that he will be allowed to keep his scholorship. Not sure on how it is counted toward numbers though.

LostCreekSooner
6/8/2011, 09:51 PM
Well, that sure is crappy news. He really made some great plays as a freshman and sure was an unexpected suprise (at least to me). Will definitely be missed.:(

HBick
6/8/2011, 11:00 PM
Yes, tough break for Daniel

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would think that he will be allowed to keep his scholorship. Not sure on how it is counted toward numbers though.

It won't be counted towards number. Remember the OL who was Sam's roommate? Curtis something? He was injured and couldn't play, but graduated May 2010. He was a great guy btw

cantwait48
6/8/2011, 11:32 PM
this sucks, hope he goes on to do great things.

Okie35
6/9/2011, 12:49 AM
i was ready for noble to tear ish up but good luck to him w/ whatever he does

Mad Dog Madsen
6/9/2011, 08:07 AM
Damn... :(

IronHorseSooner
6/9/2011, 08:47 AM
It won't be counted towards number. Remember the OL who was Sam's roommate? Curtis something? He was injured and couldn't play, but graduated May 2010. He was a great guy btw

It is the same situation as Corey Wilson. He kept his scholly, but it didn't count towards the overall number.

NormanPride
6/9/2011, 10:12 AM

BoulderSooner79
6/9/2011, 10:16 AM
It is the same situation as Corey Wilson. He kept his scholly, but it didn't count towards the overall number.

A medical scholarship that some teams use to cull under-performing players? I'm sure that's not the case here as Noble appeared to be challenging for a starting role (or at least major PT) when he got hurt.

Sooner_Tuf
6/9/2011, 10:24 AM
A medical scholarship that some teams use to cull under-performing players? I'm sure that's not the case here as Noble appeared to be challenging for a starting role (or at least major PT) when he got hurt.

No. OU will honor their commitment to provide him with a scholarship. He is no longer a part of the team so it is not a football scholarship.

BoulderSooner79
6/9/2011, 10:31 AM
No. OU will honor their commitment to provide him with a scholarship. He is no longer a part of the team so it is not a football scholarship.

I think that's what I said. I'm just saying I believe he really is hurt and it's not a ruse to get a scholly back.

stoopified
6/9/2011, 11:58 AM
Good luck Daniel

oudavid1
6/9/2011, 12:05 PM
I really believed he was gonna be our best DT and the next McCoy. He was my favorite DT.

ouwapiti
6/9/2011, 12:17 PM
is it just me or has this spring been more than the norm for bad news ??

SoonerofAlabama
6/9/2011, 12:21 PM
Yeah, that is too bad. But I am okay with him worrying about his health first.

Mad Dog Madsen
6/9/2011, 12:25 PM
is it just me or has this spring been more than the norm for bad news ??

I was kinda thinkin' the same thing...

Sooner_Tuf
6/9/2011, 12:39 PM
I think that's what I said. I'm just saying I believe he really is hurt and it's not a ruse to get a scholly back.

That is right I guess I misunderstood your original post. He is not on the team and won't be rejoining so it's not a ruse. If it were it would be a bad one as we really could use him this year.

BoulderSooner79
6/9/2011, 01:38 PM
That is right I guess I misunderstood your original post. He is not on the team and won't be rejoining so it's not a ruse. If it were it would be a bad one as we really could use him this year.

My reference is to alleged mis-use of medical scholarships at schools that do a lot of over-signing. Every player gets dinged up to some extent and it wouldn't be too hard to claim a player has a career ending injury when the real reason is he is under-performing. Noble certainly seemed to be performing fine, so I don't think anyone could accuse OU of culling him.

soonerloyal
6/13/2011, 07:33 AM
God bless him. I hope he soars in the new path he's embraced. Best of luck to you, Daniel.

VA Sooner
6/13/2011, 07:42 AM
Hurts us up front at DT. Young ones will have to step up.

Good luck, Daniel.

delhalew
6/13/2011, 08:25 AM
You only get one melon, young man Best of luck.

PLaw
6/13/2011, 08:33 AM
Tough break - it's an unfortunate part of life. We all have these unplanned, ridiculous circumstances that fly out of no where like a sucker punch.

Get your degree, young man. Get on with life, do the right things, and remember the Sooner Family will always be there for you.

BOOMER