PDA

View Full Version : About to Talk About Texas Speculation/Colt's Wife on CFL

sooner59
6/8/2011, 02:52 PM
They were talking about tOSU and just said after commercial they will be asking if another university is entering the lack of institutional control category after a former player's wife calls into a talk show. And the burnt orange horns were displayed in the background. I giggled. :texan:

sooner59
6/8/2011, 02:57 PM
Meh. Not much said other than it was implied they texas players got extra benefits.

NormanPride
6/8/2011, 02:58 PM
This will most likely go nowhere, but it's really funny while it lasts. :D

BoulderSooner79
6/8/2011, 03:10 PM
Agreed. This story looks like nothing of consequence, but it's worth it just to watch the horn fans heads' exploding.

silverwheels
6/8/2011, 03:22 PM
Agreed. This story looks like nothing of consequence, but it's worth it just to watch the horn fans heads' exploding.

Which cracks me up. They really are that naive/dumb if they think UT doesn't cheat. Every school does that kind of stuff, even down to Div. III. The NCAA is just selective on who it punishes, which is bull****.

tcrb
6/8/2011, 03:23 PM
I wonder what the dinner conversation was like last night at the McCoy house? :)

fwsooner22
6/8/2011, 03:23 PM
Which cracks me up. They really are that naive/dumb if they think UT doesn't cheat. Every school does that kind of stuff, even down to Div. III. The NCAA is just selective on who it punishes, which is bull****.

This ^

Soonerwake
6/8/2011, 03:31 PM

I don't believe that "schools" cheat, especially on that kind of level. However, I am realistic enough to agree that players are getting benefits behind the scenes from boosters, agent wanna-be's, and jock-sniffers at almost every university in the nation. I think the more successful a program is, the more it probably occurs. Which is why I take no solace in any other school getting hammered for this stuff. Glass houses...

Now, the wife of a former player from We Are Burnt Orange Football Gods U spilling the beans on a radio show, that is just plain funny.

rekamrettuB
6/8/2011, 03:35 PM
I'm thinking Colt will be putting her on punishment. Primarily restricting her phone privileges for a week or so.

Was she just sitting around the pool sipping on daiquiris and decided "hey...I'm going to call this dude and tell him the skinny"? Or, did she and Colt have a fight and to get back at him she saw an opportunity?

The Maestro
6/8/2011, 03:38 PM
I wonder what the dinner conversation was like last night at the McCoy house? :)

THIS is the question. I don't think any Texas diehard thinks $100 hand shakes and the like doesn't happen. I think they wonder why a former player's wife, who was not his wife while at Texas, is on a national radio show talking about it.

I can't imagine how his phone was blowing up and what he had to say. And I look forward to the reception Mrs. McCoy gets on return trips to Texas when Colt is in town to watch his brother. Methinks she might just stay home and not go.

silverwheels
6/8/2011, 03:47 PM
I don't believe that "schools" cheat, especially on that kind of level. However, I am realistic enough to agree that players are getting benefits behind the scenes from boosters, agent wanna-be's, and jock-sniffers at almost every university in the nation. I think the more successful a program is, the more it probably occurs. Which is why I take no solace in any other school getting hammered for this stuff. Glass houses...

Now, the wife of a former player from We Are Burnt Orange Football Gods U spilling the beans on a radio show, that is just plain funny.

Okay, sure, the schools themselves are not always the ones directly involved, but it goes on for sure with boosters, agents, etc.

BoulderSooner79
6/8/2011, 03:56 PM

Colt: It's a good thing you're so hawt, dear.

MsProudSooner
6/8/2011, 03:58 PM
Did she go to UT?

EatLeadCommie
6/8/2011, 04:12 PM
she went to Baylor I think

MsProudSooner
6/8/2011, 04:26 PM
she went to Baylor I think

Well, there you go. She's sabataging the Horns out of loyalty to the Bears. ;)

Muno
6/8/2011, 06:06 PM
You don't actually think ESPN is going to say anything bad about Texas now that they are in bed together over the longhorn network? I'm surprised they brought it up on CFL at all.

sooner59
6/8/2011, 06:14 PM
They brought it up on Around the Horn and PTI as well. Wilbon basically said this is like saying "water is wet". Callishaw on ATH said "The almighty UT being involved with stuff of that nature? Not possible in this universe or reality." He said it very sarcastically. Everybody just basically said, yeah she is most likely right. Everybody does it. Everybody knows it. The NCAA is idiotic if they belief it isn't happening at every school. And they are even more idiotic if they think they can stop it.

MyT Oklahoma
6/8/2011, 06:18 PM
So what are the chances that Colt's wife is a natural blonde? You think? ;)

Octavian
6/8/2011, 09:54 PM
ESPN on Longhorn Violations

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/4636/bagdadbob.gif

Seamus
6/9/2011, 03:48 AM
ESPN on Longhorn Violations

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/4636/bagdadbob.gif

bwahahahahaha!

badger
6/9/2011, 08:23 AM
If you haven't yet, go check shaggybevo's thread on this:
http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/90763-Rachel-McCoy-on-Cowherd-discussing-Texas-boosters

tons of woman hating. Hook em

HolaKyle
6/9/2011, 09:18 AM
You don't actually think ESPN is going to say anything bad about Texas now that they are in bed together over the longhorn network? I'm surprised they brought it up on CFL at all.

THIS is why I sometimes hate ESPN. The little talk they did have on TV about it, they dismissed it.

Also, I never saw a story from ESPN on their website about this. Why? Why would they not post a story about it? ESPN loves to "investigate" these things. That is obvious with Ohio State. Why would they not look further into Texas? The only way I knew about it was SportsByBrooks.

SoCaliSooner
6/9/2011, 09:21 AM
If you don't believe the same stuff happens at OU, you are naive. OU players don't suddenly act different than other college kids just because they go to school at OU. The Rachel McCoy and Maurice Clarett interview both show that across the country grown adults, unaffiliated with the university, do everything they can to get in with their college football heroes.

Some kids are going to go out and find somebody to help them out and there are people out there willing to help them with a meal, a car, some clothes and cash. It's all a violation and goes on everywhere to some degree.

Administrations can't follow every kid, but you should pay more attention to your 10 or 11 stars and not worry so much about the back up long snapper.

It's only a matter of time until it happens at OU...again. I'd not be so quick to say how OU doesn't have the same issues as Texas or anybody else, it's just that nobody is talking about it.

Sooner_Tuf
6/9/2011, 10:30 AM
If you don't believe the same stuff happens at OU, you are naive. OU players don't suddenly act different than other college kids just because they go to school at OU. The Rachel McCoy and Maurice Clarett interview both show that across the country grown adults, unaffiliated with the university, do everything they can to get in with their college football heroes.

Some kids are going to go out and find somebody to help them out and there are people out there willing to help them with a meal, a car, some clothes and cash. It's all a violation and goes on everywhere to some degree.

Administrations can't follow every kid, but you should pay more attention to your 10 or 11 stars and not worry so much about the back up long snapper.

It's only a matter of time until it happens at OU...again. I'd not be so quick to say how OU doesn't have the same issues as Texas or anybody else, it's just that nobody is talking about it.

You need to go to Norman and spend some time. I'm sure it happens to some degree but it isn't happening to much of one. It sure is nothing like the 1970's.

rekamrettuB
6/9/2011, 10:43 AM

I was looking back through and most are saying or agreeing with the fact that it happens everywhere. I've seen a lot more folks say that than the ones saying "that doesn't happen here". People are making fun of it happening to Texas because that's what OU fans do...make fun of Texas.

silverwheels
6/9/2011, 10:58 AM
And the majority of Texas fans have this holier-than-thou attitude about NCAA violations so it's funny when the wife of a former Horn comes out with this stuff. **** Texas.

3rdgensooner
6/9/2011, 11:05 AM
People are making fun of it happening to Texas because that's what OU fans do...make fun of Texas.
If making fun of Texas is wrong, I don't want to be right.

badger
6/9/2011, 11:08 AM
And the majority of Texas fans have this holier-than-thou attitude about NCAA violations so it's funny when the wife of a former Horn comes out with this stuff. **** Texas.

Now, we all know that nothing will come out of this, except for perhaps a few more misogynist remarks from whorn fans about athlete's wives, a few glares from the burnt orange clan the next time Colt and wife attend a UT game, or a few less calls from athletes wives to Colin's radio show.

But for Texas fans to freak out as much as they have over this is nothing short of hilarious. It's like they just learned Santa Claus deemed them "naughty," the rapture didn't come and they will have to play another Mack Brown football season for a national audience to laugh at, and Jesus did not forgive their sins after all.

The Profit
6/9/2011, 11:10 AM
I think Colt put her up to calling. I imagine the entire McCoy family is a little pizzed at Mack for naming Gilbert the starting quarterback for next year. Little McCoy might even be third string. I really don't think Colt's wife came up with the idea of calling on her own. But,then again, she was a broadcast journalism major and perhaps she sees this as a way to launch her career.

MsProudSooner
6/9/2011, 11:11 AM
No one in their right mind thinks that things like what Colt's wife spoke about don't happen at OU. They happen everywhere. But, Texas fans would have you believe that their program is as pure as the driven snow. That's what makes Mrs. McCoy's comments so enjoyable.

NormanPride
6/9/2011, 11:13 AM
I think Colt put her up to calling. I imagine the entire McCoy family is a little pizzed at Mack for naming Gilbert the starting quarterback for next year. Little McCoy might even be third string. I really don't think Colt's wife came up with the idea of calling on her own. But,then again, she was a broadcast journalism major and perhaps she sees this as a way to launch her career.
What, launch it into the toilet?

badger
6/9/2011, 11:23 AM
Mack for naming Gilbert the starting quarterback for next year.

He did?

OK, I guess he did. (http://eye-on-collegefootball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/29174003)

That is kind of a wtf, isn't it. I think we all figured that :mack: felt he owed Gilbert the starting job after throwing him into the title game the way that he did, but that was last year.

Maybe Case sucks?

The Profit
6/9/2011, 11:23 AM
What, launch it into the toilet?

In that business, any exposure is good exposure.

meoveryouxinfinity
6/9/2011, 11:31 AM
He did?

OK, I guess he did. (http://eye-on-collegefootball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/29174003)

That is kind of a wtf, isn't it. I think we all figured that :mack: felt he owed Gilbert the starting job after throwing him into the title game the way that he did, but that was last year.

Maybe Case sucks?

No, we didn't feel Mack owed Gilbert the starting job.. we were busy being [trying to be] convinced by Texas fans saying that Gilbert had a tremendous second half...ON THE BIGGEST STAGE!!, was playing in his first game, and that Alabama's defense was the best, evar. Gilbert [in his sophomore year, technically] would have a better first year than McCoy.
Turns out they were polishing a turd :texan: :texan:

Bourbon St Sooner
6/9/2011, 12:21 PM
He did?

Maybe Case sucks?

Thank God Mack never turns his back on his starting QB. That's how we were blessed with 4 years of Chrissy. Hopefully we'll also be blessed with 4 years of Gibbert.

SoCaliSooner
6/9/2011, 01:41 PM
Maybe Case sucks?

Case's never suck.

badger
6/9/2011, 01:43 PM
Thank God Mack never turns his back on his starting QB. That's how we were blessed with 4 years of Chrissy. Hopefully we'll also be blessed with 4 years of Gibbert.

Sorry, we would only get three with him, because he used up a year in the national title fail.