PDA

View Full Version : China Overtakes U.S. As Top Energy Consumer

pphilfran
6/8/2011, 10:38 AM
China using nearly 50% of the worlds coal....damn...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/08/china-us-energy-consumption_n_873001.html

LONDON -- A new report says that China has overtaken the United States as the world's biggest consumer of energy.

Oil company BP said Wednesday that China moved to the top in 2010 with 20.3 percent of global demand, ahead of the United States at 19 percent.

The report says China's consumption rose by 11.2 percent last year compared with 3.7 percent in the United States. China's surge led a 5.6 percent increase in global energy demand, the biggest one-year jump since 1973.

China was by far the world's largest consumer of coal, taking 48 percent. The United States remained the largest consumer of oil with 21 percent of global demand, double China's consumption.

soonercruiser
6/8/2011, 02:11 PM
Will we hear the LW cry babies in the media discuss how unfair this is to the rest of the 3rd World?

What carbon emissions?
:rolleyes:

Position Limit
6/8/2011, 02:14 PM
Will we hear the LW cry babies in the media discuss how unfair this is to the rest of the 3rd World?

What carbon emissions?

did you get beat up a lot by a group of liberals when you were a child?

The Profit
6/8/2011, 02:30 PM
did you get beat up a lot by a group of liberals when you were a child?

I don't think liberals were the only one beating him up, and I don't think it ended at adolescence.

After being on the government tit for nearly his entire life, he is suddenly an anti-government tea bagger. Yet, he is still on the government tit.

Midtowner
6/8/2011, 02:46 PM
It's because we use CFLs now. This has saved 'merica.

tator
6/8/2011, 02:56 PM
So, to clarify......this

China Overtakes U.S. As Top Energy Consumer

should actually be this

China Overtakes U.S. As Top Coal Consumer

Right?

AlboSooner
6/8/2011, 08:04 PM
for rear?

soonercruiser
6/8/2011, 10:17 PM
Anybody else notice that when liberals have nothing else to add to a discussion, they deamonize people....hate....hate....hate?
I've seen the same thing in the IAF meetings here in town!

You lemmings do it sooooooo well!

EnragedOUfan
6/9/2011, 12:11 AM
I would think this could be directly contributed to their gigantic population. There's a lot of freaking people in China.