PDA

View Full Version : TENN. VOLS AD Resignation

soonerloyal
6/7/2011, 06:30 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/726337-tennessee-football-ad-mike-hamilton-calls-it-quits

Man, this is a busy offseason... :eek:

SoonerofAlabama
6/7/2011, 06:37 PM
I'm sure ESPN will have apiece about this whole offseason. Like the wild weekend thing they do, exceptfor the whole offseason.

Memtig14
6/7/2011, 10:08 PM
I am thinking the whole SEC should get the death penalty.

Memtig14
6/7/2011, 11:41 PM
Or perhaps give the death penalty to all teams that wear orange.

The thought of that makes me smile.

oudavid1
6/7/2011, 11:53 PM

http://tnjn.com/content/storyimage/2009/09/02/Neyland_Stadium.box.jpg

NEVER!!!

prrriiide
6/8/2011, 12:38 AM
Kinda hate to see it. Hamilton really is a stand-up guy, and he's gotten a raw deal from the disgruntled fans that want the third coming of General Neyland for their football coach.

I think Hamilton's problem is that of many men of integrity...because of their own integrity, they fail to believe the worst when others lack it.

and oudavid...don't knock a night game in Neyland Stadium until you've tried it. It is an amazing spectacle. You'd have to be a corpse for the atmosphere to not get your blood pumping, even with all of the orange.

budbarrybob
6/8/2011, 12:43 AM

No just blistering multi-year sanctions/scholly limitations. I'd like the orange teams to play but with Jr. High quality talent.
On second thought, we've been beating them with their "best" so... call me Mr. Flip-Flop. Nothing to see here carry on.

Soonerfan88
6/8/2011, 08:54 AM
Can we wait until after OU plays them to destroy their program. We need to maintain our reputation for quality scheduling.

And is a contract to play Oklahoma the new jinx? How many of our future opponents are now under investigation by the NCAA?

BoomerJ
6/8/2011, 09:23 AM
http://tnjn.com/content/storyimage/2009/09/02/Neyland_Stadium.box.jpg

NEVER!!!

I drove past the stadium several times. Lived in Nashville, but went to Knoxville for work occasionally. I found it rather funny when I heard an Alabama fan once refer to it as a giant orange trash can.

I do wish I had the chance to take in one gameday there. Just didn't work out.

XingTheRubicon
6/8/2011, 09:44 AM
If they could be sanctioned for the bag of cash they gave Robert Meachum, that would be nice.

oudavid1
6/8/2011, 11:05 AM
Kinda hate to see it. Hamilton really is a stand-up guy, and he's gotten a raw deal from the disgruntled fans that want the third coming of General Neyland for their football coach.

I think Hamilton's problem is that of many men of integrity...because of their own integrity, they fail to believe the worst when others lack it.

and oudavid...don't knock a night game in Neyland Stadium until you've tried it. It is an amazing spectacle. You'd have to be a corpse for the atmosphere to not get your blood pumping, even with all of the orange.

No lol I'm actually a huge Tennessee fan! I had two great uncles play there. One of which I'm named after. I'm a true Sooner but a huge Vol. When they play I hope OU wins big, but other than that, I root for Rocky Top. My great uncle wants to have me out for a game. So I'm trying to make it happen this year. I wanna go soooo bad.

texaspokieokie
6/8/2011, 07:46 PM
you have an uncle named oudavie ???
:D