PDA

View Full Version : Breaking: Terrel Pryor leaves Ohio St.

SoonerDan74012
6/7/2011, 04:56 PM
Uh-oh!

@PDBuckeyes Doug Lesmerises
BREAKING NEWS: Terrelle Pryor has decided to end his football career at Ohio State, per his lawyer

SoonerofAlabama
6/7/2011, 04:57 PM
Wonder if he will be able to enter the Supplemental draft if they have it.

soonerloyal
6/7/2011, 04:58 PM
Whoooooooooooooooooooooo-doggy.

Don't think it'll cushion the hammer though. Hope it doesn't.

mgsooner
6/7/2011, 04:59 PM
Well....bye.

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2011, 04:59 PM
i'm shocked! :)

mushu405
6/7/2011, 05:01 PM
Link?

mushu405
6/7/2011, 05:02 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/06/terrelle-pryor-leaving-ohio-state/1

BoulderSooner79
6/7/2011, 05:04 PM
The NFL said they would still hold a supplemental draft if any players applied. None had at the time, but the question was asked because of Pryor and other tOSU players that might decide to apply.

mavsfan31
6/7/2011, 05:11 PM
It would be pretty funny if it was an all tOSU supplemental draft.

BoulderSooner79
6/7/2011, 05:12 PM
If it's just Pryor, it will be an all tOSU supplemental draft :)

Widescreen
6/7/2011, 05:13 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6636768

BoulderSooner79
6/7/2011, 05:19 PM
This will help their team and make it a better situation for the interim coach, IMO. Juggling the snaps in practice was going to be a nightmare when there would be a interim QB for the first 5 games followed by a very unpopular starter coming in. Other suspended players may opt to leave too, but it won't be as tough at other positions as it would have been at QB if they stay.

olevetonahill
6/7/2011, 05:23 PM
This just totally shocks me.:rolleyes:

Lott's Bandana
6/7/2011, 05:25 PM
Breaking: There is now a Boomer Sooner ringtone.

The Maestro
6/7/2011, 05:26 PM
Maurice Clarett and Terrelle Pryor...two biggest studs they have signed the last 10 years. How'd that work out?

BoulderSooner79
6/7/2011, 05:28 PM
Clarett was a big part of them getting their only BCS title.

texaspokieokie
6/7/2011, 05:30 PM
The NFL said they would still hold a supplemental draft if any players applied. None had at the time, but the question was asked because of Pryor and other tOSU players that might decide to apply.

maybe the whole team.

olevetonahill
6/7/2011, 05:31 PM

:D
I heard Charlie Sheen Might do some Blow and Vet just might get durnk.:eek:

badger
6/7/2011, 05:34 PM
scored the winning touchdown in overtime. ja, i'd say that Slow Mo was a big reason for their only crystal ball.

as for pryor, his timing was awful. if he was troy smith when troy smith was troy smith, then he'd have been a heisman winning ohio state quarterback instead of a disgraced ex-buckeye quarterback.

LASooner
6/7/2011, 05:35 PM
This means he doesn't have to spend any more time talking to the NCAA. And unlike the Reggie Bush deal there's not lawsuit to pull testimony from.

sendbaht
6/7/2011, 05:38 PM
It would be pretty funny if it was an all tOSU supplemental draft.

Plus he would be the NUMBER 1 PICK!!!:)

Breadburner
6/7/2011, 05:40 PM
Plus he would be the NUMBER 1 PrICK!!!:)

FIFY.....:D

mushu405
6/7/2011, 05:43 PM
I bet you he will enter the CFL or Euro team for a year to get some experience.

texaspokieokie
6/7/2011, 05:55 PM
maybe he can get a job in sales.
;)

Scott D
6/7/2011, 06:03 PM
yeah, he's heading to the CFL

CBUS_SOONER
6/7/2011, 06:10 PM
later thug

SoonerNomad
6/7/2011, 06:11 PM
The question I have is when a Terrelle Pryor loses out on his senior season and a Reggie Bush loses his Heisman, do the players notice? I'm talking about the good ones and the great ones that have a future in playing football on Sundays.

Do the players around the country decide they will do whatever it takes to stay clean and to stay out of trouble so they can complete their journey and go to the NFL to make the kind of money they have been dreaming about. Or do they just assume that they will never be caught and they will never have their reputations tarnished forever.

Do they?

CBUS_SOONER
6/7/2011, 06:11 PM
have I ever mentioned how much I'm enjoying this:))))))))))))))))

SoonerDan74012
6/7/2011, 06:15 PM
have I ever mentioned how much I'm enjoying this:))))))))))))))))

Did I mention how jealous I am of your situation CBUS? :D

Scott D
6/7/2011, 06:17 PM
The last month has been a lot of fun up in Ann Arbor as well.

CBUS_SOONER
6/7/2011, 06:17 PM
You did sir...In a few months, I would much rather be in the Norman area

SoonerofAlabama
6/7/2011, 06:29 PM
Well, this could be the first of several players to quit the school.

CBUS_SOONER
6/7/2011, 06:33 PM
Well, this could be the first of several players to quit the school.

I hope the whole program quits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

olevetonahill
6/7/2011, 06:36 PM
Will JT try to get drafted as a water boy?

SoonerDan74012
6/7/2011, 06:37 PM
Will JT try to get drafted as a water boy?

Tattoo artist! ;)

SoonerofAlabama
6/7/2011, 06:40 PM
Mike Adams, Daniel Herron, Devier Posey and Solomon Thomas promised Tressel they would stay. Now who knows? If they leave, tOSU might just not go to a bowl game. :) ;)

goingoneight
6/7/2011, 06:43 PM
Seems all the critics of Bomargate are being really quiet all of a sudden the last two years... :D

Any chance this moves along faster now that it's not being all hidden? I know USC pulled the "private school" bull**** and bought themselves a lot of time, but you knew the hammer was going to drop finally when No-Pete stepped down.

SoonerDan74012
6/7/2011, 06:46 PM
Seems all the critics of Bomargate are being really quiet all of a sudden the last two years... :D

Any chance this moves along faster now that it's not being all hidden? I know USC pulled the "private school" bull**** and bought themselves a lot of time, but you knew the hammer was going to drop finally when No-Pete stepped down.

The national media is all over it!!! All the covering up by ESPIN won't make this go away.

SoonerJack
6/7/2011, 06:47 PM
But he promised he was going to come back!!!!

Now how's he going to serve his four-game suspension?

soonerloyal
6/7/2011, 06:49 PM
Oh, isn't this just precious?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6636520

Last week's resignation under pressure of Ohio State football coach Jim Tressel was not a result of the university attempting to ward off possible NCAA sanctions, OSU President Gordon Gee said Tuesday.

Gee said the coach's Memorial Day departure followed an accumulation of issues which were troubling to the university.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. The Great and Powerful Oz...has...spoken...

CBUS_SOONER
6/7/2011, 06:50 PM
that is why that agreement was a joke

goingoneight
6/7/2011, 06:55 PM
I'm excited for Bo Pelini... he just walked into a one-game schedule. Maybe we can end up meeting them regularly in BCS Bowls again one day. :D

the-rover
6/7/2011, 07:34 PM
Ya think the ncaa will ever give any deferred punishments again? What a joke

BoulderSooner79
6/7/2011, 07:41 PM

What's a deferred punishment? Unfortunately the discovery process takes time and in USC's case, a lot of time because they stonewalled. It's also why the sanctions were so severe. It will be interesting to see how they deal with tOSU since there was a cover-up, but now that it's out, they appear to be cooperating. USC never did.

AlboSooner
6/7/2011, 07:49 PM
Maurice Clarett 2?

the-rover
6/7/2011, 07:58 PM
What's a deferred punishment? Unfortunately the discovery process takes time and in USC's case, a lot of time because they stonewalled. It's also why the sanctions were so severe. It will be interesting to see how they deal with tOSU since there was a cover-up, but now that it's out, they appear to be cooperating. USC never did.

Allowing TP to serve a five game suspension on the upcoming season and allowing him and the others to play in the bowl game.

fadada1
6/7/2011, 08:43 PM
link?

TIA.

SoonerDan74012
6/7/2011, 08:48 PM
Check this out!

MKimESPNAmerica Michael Kim
ESPN's Outside the Lines: Terrelle Pryor made $20,000-$40,000 autographing memorabilia, according to a former friend who witnessed it.

NorCal Sooner
6/7/2011, 08:53 PM
I'm shocked.......

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-4QckTWRROhI/TcQnr11zWdI/AAAAAAAAGf8/58qMxnfyjjg/s400/casa31.jpg

BoulderSooner79
6/7/2011, 08:56 PM
Allowing TP to serve a five game suspension on the upcoming season and allowing him and the others to play in the bowl game.

Ah, I see. Personally, I don't see that as a big deal because a lot of the information we have now wasn't out at that time. Also, there were money issues with the Sugar bowl that can't be ignored. Now, had it been the title game, then it would have been a big deal.

SoonerDan74012
6/7/2011, 10:14 PM
Here's another nuclear bomb dropping.
http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/exclusive-ncaa-discovers-checks-to-pryor-29745
Exclusive: NCAA Discovers Checks To OSU’s Pryor
Posted by Brooks on Jun. 07, 2011, 7:12pm

Ohio State announced today that Terrelle Pryor would not be returning for his senior year at the school. No reason for the star quarterback’s departure was given at the time by OSU Athletic Director Gene Smith or current interim football coach Luke Fickell.

Dennis Talbott

(Dennis Talbott’s Ebay account: Pryor-signed item)

In addition to Pryor’s past NCAA transgressions, today I confirmed that Ohio State was recently cited by NCAA enforcment officials for dozens of payments Pryor received in past years from a Columbus sports memorabilia dealer that are considered outside of NCAA rules.

The NCAA violations were discovered when the name of the local memorabilia dealer, Dennis Talbott, was seen on checks Pryor was depositing in his personal bank account.

During Pryor’s time at Ohio State, Talbott paid him tens of thousands of dollars to sign Ohio State Buckeye memorabilia. Talbott currently lists a Pryor-signed item for sale on his Ebay sellers account, which is identified by the account name “infickelwetrust.”

Talbott, who has sold hundreds of sports memorabilia items on Ebay, recently switched to that account name from his old handle: “intresselwetrust.” Talbott currently lists 250 items for sale on the auction site, including Ohio State Buckeye football memorabilia.

Talboot, who is a professional sports photographer who has shot images appearing at SI.com and ESPN.com, often obtained media credentials from Ohio State in order to gain access to Buckeye football players.

Midway through the 2010 football season, Talbott was ordered by Ohio State officials to completely disassociate himself from the program. That indicates that administrative members of the OSU athletic department knew of Pryor’s activities involving Talbott long before the NCAA recently discovered the payments from Talbott to the former Buckeye quarterback.

sooner59
6/7/2011, 10:27 PM
They are so ****ed.

sooner518
6/7/2011, 10:29 PM
Oh, isn't this just precious?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6636520

Last week's resignation under pressure of Ohio State football coach Jim Tressel was not a result of the university attempting to ward off possible NCAA sanctions, OSU President Gordon Gee said Tuesday.

Gee said the coach's Memorial Day departure followed an accumulation of issues which were troubling to the university.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. The Great and Powerful Oz...has...spoken...

Never trust a man wearing a bow-tie
http://www.clevelandleader.com/files/gee.jpg

SoonerRoy
6/8/2011, 12:37 AM
Best thing for him. Already suspended for 5 regular season games (could be extended to more) and OSU will probably not be allowed to play in a bowl games after the 2011 season. So there is not a lot to play for, or a lot of games to play in.

picasso
6/8/2011, 01:00 AM
Which car did he leave in?

soonerinabilene
6/8/2011, 06:12 AM
Here's another nuclear bomb dropping.
http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/exclusive-ncaa-discovers-checks-to-pryor-29745
Exclusive: NCAA Discovers Checks To OSU’s Pryor
Posted by Brooks on Jun. 07, 2011, 7:12pm

I dont care how powerful the ncaa is, accessing someones personal checking account without a warrant is a huge invasion of privacy and should be, and probably is, illegal.

ouflak
6/8/2011, 06:29 AM

If they stand to make money off of it, YEP!

I dont care how powerful the ncaa is, accessing someones personal checking account without a warrant is a huge invasion of privacy and should be, and probably is, illegal.

Not if they have express written permission of the account holder, which, as a part of the investigation, they probably do.

SoonerMom2
6/8/2011, 08:38 AM
The NCAA didn't need to access his account as the checks were written by the guy who is under investigation by the Feds. He wrote the checks and all they had to do was see a copy of the checks from the Feds to see that Pryor had deposited them in his account.

ouleaf
6/8/2011, 08:41 AM
Is Herbstreit on suicide watch after all of this?

badger
6/8/2011, 10:35 AM

Part of the NCAA punishment should be "No College Gameday campus visits to tOSU."

Seriously. They don't deserve it. No more Brutus headgear on Lee Corso while Herbie's kids cry on his lap. No more chanting "We hate Desmond" and "Herbie" repeatedly. They get NONE of that! HA!

Bradz
6/8/2011, 10:51 AM
I remember thinking and saying something was not right about the way his recruitment played out a few years ago.

SoonerNomad
6/8/2011, 11:20 AM

Did you know Herbstreit actually moved out of Columbus due to how he and his family were treated (mostly verbal abuse) when he made negative comments about Pryor when the first round of information came out last December. Ohio State fans think he is a dirtbag traitor, while the rest of the country consider him a homer for the Buckeyes.

Seems like he can't win for losing.

If you've watched him over the years objectively, you would probably have noticed that he calls them as he sees them. If he has thought OSU was good he has said it and when he thinks they are doing things wrong he has said that as well. Now he's had to leave his hometown just for stating his opinion.

76soonergrad
6/8/2011, 12:47 PM
I remember thinking and saying something was not right about the way his recruitment played out a few years ago.

He didn't sign right away. He waited like, a month before he signed with the Buckeyes. Also said he was considering Michigan the whole time.

badger
6/8/2011, 12:49 PM
Did you know Herbstreit actually moved out of Columbus due to how he and his family were treated (mostly verbal abuse) when he made negative comments about Pryor when the first round of information came out last December. Ohio State fans think he is a dirtbag traitor, while the rest of the country consider him a homer for the Buckeyes.

If you've watched him over the years objectively, you would probably have noticed that he calls them as he sees them. If he has thought OSU was good he has said it and when he thinks they are doing things wrong he has said that as well. Now he's had to leave his hometown just for stating his opinion.

Hard to feel sorry for a guy that makes millions in what could be perceived as a dream job --- getting paid to watch college football and travel to the best college football towns in the country. Sorry that his family got harrassed, but he's from tOSU, he has to know who he's dealing with better than people that aren't from tOSU.

SoonerGrant
6/8/2011, 01:31 PM
Pryor is leaving town before **** hits the fan.

Lott's Bandana
6/8/2011, 02:54 PM
What I am about to write can certainly end up backfiring, but:

With the recent discoveries about the characters of some of these, "Best Player in the Country" high school superstars like R Bush and T Pryor, I am tremendously impressed with and grateful for the seemingly stand-up character of one,

Adrian Peterson

No, he isn't a saint. However, this guy was The Man out of high school, could have gone anywhere, had a father serving time, no doubt had temptations...and seems to be the guy he presents himself to be.

<Raising a glass to AD...>

NormanPride
6/8/2011, 02:57 PM
AD is as good a dude as any one of us, I bet. He sure as hell works harder than I do. :D

badger
6/8/2011, 03:28 PM
Adrian Peterson

What I love most is that he is keeping his connection to Norman, as well as his hometown back in Texas (obligatory "Yes, whorn fans, we stole one of your state's recruits. Deal with it!").

I wish we could have gotten him for another year, but I'm glad he got to take care of his family financially and appears in funny national ad campaigns so we can still see him :D

http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/7336/129393323076d0.jpg

Just keep the modern day slavery comments to a minimum, plz ;)

BoulderSooner79
6/8/2011, 03:52 PM
I always wonder if AD wished he had stayed his senior year. Obviously, from an NFL point of view, it couldn't have gone better for him. Had he stayed (and stayed healthy), he would have had a good shot at the Heisman and another title game appearance. Guarantee we don't blow it against CU if he was there. And if the first hand-off of the game was to AD instead of AP, Sam doesn't get concussed in the TT game. That was the LSU 2-loss year, so just win either and we would have played tOSU for all the marbles.

AD did seem genuinely conflicted with the decision, but there was no way he could know how good Sam would be as a freshman, and thus how far that team could go. Oh well.

EDIT: And had he stayed, he probably wouldn't be a Viking now, Badger ;)

badger
6/8/2011, 04:14 PM
I don't hate the Vikings for drafting him. I hate the teams before the Vikings for not drafting the player who clearly showed he was the best one in the draft class. The Vikings listened to Stoops who was probably like "Yes, you idiots, he IS the best player available and was the best player available six picks ago!"

Now that Minny has gotten rid of coach dum-dum sucker...

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l7mf76olOx1qzi8g6.jpg

i actually fear the vikes, because now they won't misuse AD hopefully... assuming we have a season...

the-rover
6/8/2011, 06:40 PM

These are the reasons why Spencer Tillmon is happy where he is today and will probably never come to Norman as an analyst orcommentator. And also why he is a great representative of OU!

SoonerofAlabama
6/8/2011, 10:24 PM
CFL's Saskatchewan Roughriders have just acquired negotiating rights to Terrelle Pryor.

soonergirlNeugene
6/9/2011, 04:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBfYQOSSPqc

SoonerNomad
6/9/2011, 05:18 PM
I heard on the way here that the Canadian Football League team has made Pryor an offer, but Pryor's lawyer said that Pryor is not interested in playing in the CFL and will focus on the NFL Supplemental draft.