PDA

View Full Version : looking for a toy gun

Partial Qualifier
6/7/2011, 01:18 PM
This is ridiculous - you can't find a toy gun anymore that's not a gayed-up Nerf gun. I've tried Toys r' Us, Walmart, Target.. even checked at Atwoods, Cracker Barrel, and places like that. Cracker Barrel had a little miniature cap-gun pistol that's the closest I've seen so far.

This would be for my 7 year old so I don't want a bb or pellet gun. Evidently the closest place to buy a life-sized (but harmless) toy gun is the Cherokee truck stop between Weatherford & Clinton.

The hell? :confused:

I asked the manager at Target if he knew of anyplace where I could find one. His response: Well Idunno, but we are a Christian organization and that's why we don't carry lifelike toy guns". I can understand that stance, as political & weak as it is, but the ironic thing was we were standing right in front of the nerf gun offerings, which include a TOY SAWED-OFF SHOTGUN.

So it's not okay to play "cowboys & indians" or "war", but it's okay to play "Hold Up The Liquor Store" or "Gank The Drug Dealer" ???

All I want is one of those wooden rifles with the fake bolt-action thingy.

WTF :mad: :mad:

Jammin'
6/7/2011, 01:19 PM
I never will fully understand Christians.

The
6/7/2011, 01:20 PM
Man up and get your kid a .22.

yermom
This is ridiculous - you can't find a toy gun anymore that's not a gayed-up Nerf gun. I've tried Toys r' Us, Walmart, Target.. even checked at Atwoods, Cracker Barrel, and places like that. Cracker Barrel had a little miniature cap-gun pistol that's the closest I've seen so far.

This would be for my 7 year old so I don't want a bb or pellet gun. Evidently the closest place to buy a life-sized (but harmless) toy gun is the Cherokee truck stop between Weatherford & Clinton.

The hell? :confused:

I asked the manager at Target if he knew of anyplace where I could find one. His response: Well Idunno, but we are a Christian organization and that's why we don't carry lifelike toy guns". I can understand that stance, as political & weak as it is, but the ironic thing was we were standing right in front of the nerf gun offerings, which include a TOY SAWED-OFF SHOTGUN.

So it's not okay to play "cowboys & indians" or "war", but it's okay to play "Hold Up The Liquor Store" or "Gank The Drug Dealer" ???

All I want is one of those wooden rifles with the fake bolt-action thingy.

WTF :mad: :mad:

ebay?

The
ebay?

Google?

Partial Qualifier
6/7/2011, 01:22 PM
ebay?

Google?

going that route. I can find it online, but the boy is paying for it -- I told him if he really wanted one, he'd pay for it with his own money. Obviously, he doesn't have a credit card yet.

The
6/7/2011, 01:24 PM
Obviously, he doesn't have a credit card yet.

Why the hell not? Don't you ever want him to own a home?

yermom
6/7/2011, 01:24 PM
going that route. I can find it online, but the boy is paying for it -- I told him if he really wanted one, he'd pay for it with his own money. Obviously, he doesn't have a credit card yet.

that's pretty strict making him perform the transaction as well :D

cantwait48
6/7/2011, 01:25 PM
Well Idunno, but we are a Christian organization and that's why we don't carry lifelike toy guns"."

wtf?

sooner_born_1960
6/7/2011, 01:25 PM
When I was 7, my dad bought my toys for me. 'cause I didn't have a job or anything.

The
6/7/2011, 01:26 PM
Well Idunno, but we are a Christian organization and that's why we don't carry lifelike toy guns"."

wtf?

Xians should be against killing and all. Since their god sort of said "yo, don't kill each other, aight?"

Partial Qualifier
6/7/2011, 01:27 PM
Why the hell not? Don't you ever want him to own a home?

Exactly, so I'm not gonna let himself ruin his credit ;)

Partial Qualifier
6/7/2011, 01:28 PM
that's pretty strict making him perform the transaction as well :D

Naw he's all excited about it, because he's learned how to count change back.

Partial Qualifier
6/7/2011, 01:29 PM
****, no spek for "Hold Up The Liquor Store" or "Gank The Drug Dealer" ???

you guys are brutal

The
6/7/2011, 01:30 PM

you guys are brutal

I feel embarrassed for you.

Jammin'
6/7/2011, 01:30 PM
Naw he's all excited about it, because he's learned how to count change back.

Nice! Then he's smarter than 90% of the people running cash register's these days.

Partial Qualifier
6/7/2011, 01:31 PM

wtf?

Same reaction here. I started to point out the Nerf Lupara but I didn't think he could've mustered an explanation

yermom
6/7/2011, 01:32 PM

you guys are brutal

let him watch The Wire, then he'll want the shotty :D

Partial Qualifier
6/7/2011, 01:33 PM
Nice! Then he's smarter than 90% of the people running cash register's these days.

It was actually his 1st grade teacher's suggestion for an over-the-summer refresher on counting & adding/subtracting

cantwait48
6/7/2011, 01:34 PM
Xians should be against killing and all. Since their god sort of said "yo, don't kill each other, aight?"

again wtf?

Partial Qualifier
6/7/2011, 01:35 PM
I feel embarrassed for you.

Thanks, I'll go slam my head in a car door now. Brb

The
6/7/2011, 01:37 PM
Thanks, I'll go slam my head in a car door now. Brb

Pics or it didn't happen

Sooner_Tuf
6/7/2011, 01:49 PM
Love's had some pretty cool M16 toys they make sound and had a really annoying LED Laser. There were about $15. I got all my neighbors kids one. Not sure if they still have them.

When my kids were small I got tired of them breaking toy guns. Back then you could buy cheap foreign made revolvers for less than twenty bucks at pawn shops. They were always old and beat up. I just filled the barrels with lead, cut off the firing pins, and welded the yokes so the cylinder couldn't be opened up. They were indestructible. I'll bet they still exist somewhere.

Partial Qualifier
6/7/2011, 01:57 PM
Love's had some pretty cool M16 toys they make sound and had a really annoying LED Laser. There were about $15. I got all my neighbors kids one. Not sure if they still have them.

When my kids were small I got tired of them breaking toy guns. Back then you could buy cheap foreign made revolvers for less than twenty bucks at pawn shops. They were always old and beat up. I just filled the barrels with lead, cut off the firing pins, and welded the yokes so the cylinder couldn't be opened up. They were indestructible. I'll bet they still exist somewhere.

Thanks... I thought about driving up to Love's. We'll head there after work & check it out

yermom
6/7/2011, 02:01 PM
It was actually his 1st grade teacher's suggestion for an over-the-summer refresher on counting & adding/subtracting

teach him poker. YWIA :D

Partial Qualifier
6/7/2011, 02:08 PM
you got all the damn good ideas today, don't you :)

yermom
6/7/2011, 02:14 PM
that's about when i started playing...

of course, back then i was just distributing my dad's change to his friends around the table until i'd run out and he'd give me more

stoopified
6/7/2011, 02:16 PM
Realistic guns are real hard to find these days in part because the toy industry was FORCED to make them less realitic.When I was a kid and even a young man it was easy to find toy guns that were real looking,the problem is that it got some people killed because they were so real looking.

soonercruiser
6/7/2011, 09:33 PM
Nerf Guns, and place to get!
(Why drive when you can order on-line and have it in 2-3 days?)
(Please send your pos rep to Catholicsforguns.org)

http://www.hasbro.com/nerf/en_US/

Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Best-nerf-guns-EVER-buzzbee/lm/R3VLLLAI1YMZ96

http://toys.shop.ebay.com/Other-/11742/i.html?_nkw=nerf+gun

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2298569

Mongo
6/7/2011, 09:46 PM
airsoft guns. they shoot real ****, doesnt really hurt if he peppers you, and wont take out car windows

Sooner_Tuf
6/7/2011, 10:21 PM
Thanks... I thought about driving up to Love's. We'll head there after work & check it out

If you don't find anything you like I'll look around tomorrow. I live out in the middle of nowhere. Places like Atwoods and some of the CO-OPs might have something out this way.

I'll bet someone out here has something that will put a smile on his face.

sooner59
6/7/2011, 10:33 PM
Got my first bb gun at 5 and my first 410 shotgun at 7. Then again. I didn't like to play with guns. I liked to kill with them.

SunnySooner
6/8/2011, 08:34 AM
What about that big Cherokee Trading Post on I-40 as you exit to go up towards the panhandle? Seems like the last time I was there, they had all kinds of cowboy and indian toys. It's not between Weatherford and Clinton, IIRC. It's not that far out of OKC, just past Yukon.

jumperstop
6/8/2011, 08:37 AM
Flea market has air soft guns real cheap. They look cool and only kinda hurt when you shoot people.