catch106
6/7/2011, 11:28 AM
Houser was the Astros first pick. Bye bye

IndySooner
6/7/2011, 11:29 AM
Well, there go two!

bcolston15
6/7/2011, 11:36 AM
Houser would've gone to juco if he wasn't drafted highly enough. In short, he was never coming to OU.

I'm really hoping two guys slip enough to make OU a real possibility: Mason Hope and Damien Magnifico.

soonertravis
6/7/2011, 01:01 PM
Yes. Happy no Mason Hope yet.

IndySooner
6/7/2011, 01:13 PM
Mason Hope just went. 5th round, #163.

bcolston15
6/7/2011, 01:49 PM
Mason Hope just went. 5th round, #163.

At least as a 5th rounder we can try to recruit him to school. It's not a total no-brainer to sign.

IndySooner
6/7/2011, 02:04 PM
Abel Baker just went in the 7th round. Interesting.

bcolston15
6/7/2011, 02:11 PM
Abel Baker just went in the 7th round. Interesting.

For the life of me I can't understand why he's so highly thought of.

IndySooner
6/7/2011, 02:23 PM
Just as an example of how our talent was a bit overrated, we're almost through 300 picks in the MLB draft, with a TON of draft eligible players on our roster, and none have been taken at this point.

IndySooner
6/7/2011, 02:24 PM
And right when I say that, there goes Tyler Ogle. Going to be tough for him to turn down 9th round money.

bcolston15
6/7/2011, 02:24 PM
Ogle goes 284th (9th round) to the Dodgers. Uh oh... If he is someone they value they'll easily pay him six figures.

bcolston15
6/7/2011, 02:26 PM
Kind of surprised Burch hasn't been picked yet.

IndySooner
6/7/2011, 02:33 PM
Mike Strong just went in the 10th round.

TumbleweedDoom
6/7/2011, 02:38 PM
Dodgers can barely make payroll as is. I doubt they can pay a penny over slot value.

IndySooner
6/7/2011, 02:43 PM
Dodgers can barely make payroll as is. I doubt they can pay a penny over slot value.

I have trouble thinking they would have used a 9th rounder on him if they didn't think they could sign him.

bcolston15
6/7/2011, 02:47 PM
I was looking at figures from the 2010 draft just now, the 285th pick signed for $25,000 and the 295th pick signed for $450,000.

That's basically how it goes for the entire 9th and 10th rounds. I'm not sure there is such a thing as slotted money; there's a mix of high school kids, college juinors, college seniors and junior college freshman. It's a weird mix.

bcolston15
6/7/2011, 02:50 PM
So ten rounds in, Archie Bradley, Adrian Houser, Mason Hope and Tyler Ogle have been drafted.

Buechele, Burch Smith, Hunter Lockwood and Damien Magifico have yet to come off the board.

IndySooner
6/7/2011, 02:54 PM
Love to see Shawon Dunston's name with a Cubs logo next to it again! Only it's his son! That makes me feel really freaking old.

IndySooner
6/7/2011, 03:01 PM
And there goes Seitzer. No doubt he's gone.

bcolston15
6/7/2011, 03:02 PM
Good for Cam. I bet he signs quickly.

IndySooner
6/7/2011, 03:03 PM
Good for Cam. I bet he signs quickly.

Agreed. My interactions with Cam have been VERY impressive. Good kid.

bcolston15
6/7/2011, 03:07 PM
So will Buechele be drafted below the 19th round? That's where he went last Year I believe.

IndySooner
6/7/2011, 03:09 PM
So will Buechele be drafted below the 19th round? That's where he went last Year I believe.

He didn't get better this year. Wouldn't be surprised. Rangers will probably pick him again, though.

bcolston15
6/7/2011, 03:11 PM
He didn't get better this year. Wouldn't be surprised. Rangers will probably pick him again, though.

Yeah, you're probably right. Between the slump and his wrist injury he sure looked bad for the last couple months of the season.

oldtimer
6/7/2011, 03:20 PM
Now that Ogle and Cam have been drafted – who’s next? If Buechele, Smith, or any other OU player is drafted, there are far too many reasons to go than come back. Strange as it sounds the MLB teams actually pay more for Jr. players than Seniors. As a Jr., a player has an opportunity to leverage the remaining year of his D1 eligibility against (maybe) a few more dollars of signing bonus. Most teams will also escrow funds to pay for a player’s remaining 3-4 semesters of college if he wants to finish his degree. As a Sr. however, no matter how well you perform the MLB teams will discount the heck out of them figuring they don’t have a choice.

If a talented Jr. player returns for a 4th yr., there’s a risk he’ll get injured (Shore), or make poor choices (Duke), or god forbid not hit as well as the previous season (long list). Given their pedigrees, Cam and Garrett have few reasons to return to OU. Looking at Ogle’s “bucket list” what more could he accomplish coming back next year? 1st team Big 12, team captain, helped OU beat the likes of OSU, UNC, VA, and SC, played his butt off in Rosenblatt and all of 2011, and finishes with a higher OU career BA (.330) than Jackson Williams or J.T. Wise.

I trust the Yardbirds and occasional fans won’t resent drafted players from riding off in to the MLB sunset. I won’t. These boys weren’t 1-and-done basketball players, or have big NFL agents looking for millions. Their next chapter will be to play in front of minor league fans in E. Jesus Arkansas 4 nights week, and hopefully catch a break to dogpile on national TV again one day a handful of years from now.

Wish ‘em luck and say Thanks for the Memories. Boomer!

bcolston15
6/7/2011, 03:24 PM
Now that Ogle and Cam have been drafted – who’s next? If Buechele, Smith, or any other OU player is drafted, there are far too many reasons to go than come back. Strange as it sounds the MLB teams actually pay more for Jr. players than Seniors. As a Jr., a player has an opportunity to leverage the remaining year of his D1 eligibility against (maybe) a few more dollars of signing bonus. Most teams will also escrow funds to pay for a player’s remaining 3-4 semesters of college if he wants to finish his degree. As a Sr. however, no matter how well you perform the MLB teams will discount the heck out of them figuring they don’t have a choice.

If a talented Jr. player returns for a 4th yr., there’s a risk he’ll get injured (Shore), or make poor choices (Duke), or god forbid not hit as well as the previous season (long list). Given their pedigrees, Cam and Garrett have few reasons to return to OU. Looking at Ogle’s “bucket list” what more could he accomplish coming back next year? 1st team Big 12, team captain, helped OU beat the likes of OSU, UNC, VA, and SC, played his butt off in Rosenblatt and all of 2011, and finishes with a higher OU career BA (.330) than Jackson Williams or J.T. Wise.

I trust the Yardbirds and occasional fans won’t resent drafted players from riding off in to the MLB sunset. I won’t. These boys weren’t 1-and-done basketball players, or have big NFL agents looking for millions. Their next chapter will be to play in front of minor league fans in E. Jesus Arkansas 4 nights week, and hopefully catch a break to dogpile on national TV again one day a handful of years from now.

Wish ‘em luck and say Thanks for the Memories. Boomer!

Amen.

I'm more concerned with getting as much of our recruiting class on campus as possible. Which means hopefully getting some of the highly drafted ones. I.e. Mason Hope to come to school.

IndySooner
6/7/2011, 03:25 PM
Resent? Hell no. I would have gone in a second. I'll be VERY surprised if any of the guys taken so far are back. Burch could easily come back should he be drafted really low. Buechele, who knows? Garrett's his own guy. Wouldn't hurt him to come back if he goes lower than last year. There are others that I think will go no matter what if drafted. We'll see what happens!

IndySooner
6/7/2011, 03:31 PM
There goes Burch Smith. 14th round.

IndySooner
6/7/2011, 03:33 PM
And Buechele in the 14th to the Giants. Gone.

bcolston15
6/7/2011, 03:38 PM
Zac Johnson and Mark Ginther from OSU go in the 14th and 15th rounds respectively. They'll have some interesting decisions to make.

bcolston15
6/7/2011, 04:03 PM
Clayton Blackburn (OU signee from Edmond) goes in the 16th round (507th) to San Francisco.

bcolston15
6/7/2011, 04:05 PM
Adam Choplick goes in the 17th (514th overall) round to Arizona.

bcolston15
6/7/2011, 04:11 PM
Hunter Lockwood goes in the 17th round (525th overall) to the Angels.

Really hope we get him to Norman. He's the heir apparent to Ogle.

Here's a quick little highlight package: http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?topic_id=18674140&content_id=15212839

IndySooner
6/7/2011, 04:14 PM
These teen picks for high schoolers SHOULD be able to get them on campus.

bcolston15
6/7/2011, 04:21 PM
Nick Lee from Weatherford JC goes in the 18th (547th overall) to Washington. He's another guy I really hope we get to campus.

Ruf/Nek7
6/7/2011, 04:29 PM
I find it funny we are mor concerned about the recruits we are losing rather than the players we could or are losing. Is that because of the underacheiving season we had?

IndySooner
6/7/2011, 04:33 PM
I find it funny we are mor concerned about the recruits we are losing rather than the players we could or are losing. Is that because of the underacheiving season we had?

Nah, it's because all of the guys drafted so far (sans Ogle) were assumed to be gone after this year anyway.

Ogle's going to hurt. I thought he would stick around, but not after being drafted in the 9th.

For me, I'm not worried about the high school guys. It's important to get them in, but we've been burned by getting our hopes up on recruits so often that I wait to worry about them until they're in uniform on the field.

bcolston15
6/7/2011, 04:42 PM

Well, IMO, strong college programs are bulit by having strong underclassmen mixed with a few juniors, and a maybe a senior or two.

I almost cringe when a reasonably drafted junior comes back to school. He's lost all leverage, will end up signing for a box of baseballs and might or might not have an enjoyable senior season. I want every junior on our team to be drafted and sign.

Just like I want every recruit we sign to be drafted and come to school.

Sooner95
6/7/2011, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the updates fellas..

TumbleweedDoom
6/7/2011, 06:20 PM
Duke and Rocha go in the mid 20s (25th and 26th, respectively.)

IndySooner
6/7/2011, 07:02 PM
Pretty good for both of those guys.

perryj
6/7/2011, 07:22 PM
My guy in BA says there is no chance of Hope ending up in Norman. I guess his dad turned down money and got hurt and they'll be sure not to make the same mistake this time around.

Pillmanj
6/7/2011, 08:40 PM
Man....That will suck not getting Bradley, Hope, or Hauser to campus.

bcolston15
6/7/2011, 09:27 PM
My guy in BA says there is no chance of Hope ending up in Norman. I guess his dad turned down money and got hurt and they'll be sure not to make the same mistake this time around.

What's he asking for? I hope he sets his number fairly high.

IndySooner
6/8/2011, 08:46 AM
I didn't realize Jordan John was draft eligible. Hadn't even thought of him possibly leaving. Anyone know anything? I would think that another year (or two) in Norman would be good for him.

The good news about yesterday's draft is we didn't have any surprises. With the exception of the three, all of the high school kids should be coming to campus (if they were in the first place) and none of the juniors that are left should be leaving (unless they were already).

bcolston15
6/8/2011, 10:51 AM
I didn't realize Jordan John was draft eligible. Hadn't even thought of him possibly leaving. Anyone know anything? I would think that another year (or two) in Norman would be good for him.

The good news about yesterday's draft is we didn't have any surprises. With the exception of the three, all of the high school kids should be coming to campus (if they were in the first place) and none of the juniors that are left should be leaving (unless they were already).

I think Jordan is going to test the waters. I doubt he'll like what he sees, though, 28th round picks don't get much of a bonus. Especially not compared to where he might be drafted after a strong junior season.

I still have hope for Hope, (pun intended) I think we can sell a guy like Garrett Richards to him. Garrett came in undrafted out of high school and left as a first rounder.

I'm with you on the other high school/juco signees, unless college simply isn't in their plans, they'll be in Norman. With the possible exception of Nick Sawyer, he's only a freshman at Howard, so he could return for his sophomore year if so chooses.

IndySooner
6/8/2011, 11:37 AM
Tyson Seng to the Mets in the 33rd, as was Steven Okert from Grayson, a signee.

IndySooner
6/8/2011, 12:54 PM
Chris Ellison 39th round to the Diamondbacks.

IndySooner
6/8/2011, 01:11 PM
Bobby Shore to Seattle in the 41st.

TumbleweedDoom
6/8/2011, 01:36 PM
I'd be stunned out of my shorts if John leaves. He's getting ready to go to the Cape and then be a weekend starter for us -- his draft stock should absolutely SKYROCKET. And he'll still have TWO years of eligibility remaining. The only reason he would leave, in my opinion, is if there's truth behind all the smoke of Sunny being the "Dark One" and his players wouldn't **** on him if he was on fire.

IndySooner
6/8/2011, 01:49 PM
Signee Ty Washington to the Reds in the 43rd.

northspeter
6/8/2011, 02:20 PM
fyi... houser was on the tulsa animal this afternoon... and he was asked about his choice between ou and signing... he said flat out... im following my dream and going to sign...

bcolston15
6/8/2011, 02:25 PM
The only reason he would leave, in my opinion, is if there's truth behind all the smoke of Sunny being the "Dark One" and his players wouldn't **** on him if he was on fire.

That smoke has been around since the day Sunny got the job. Here we are in year six, and Major League Baseball is telling us we've signed an excellent class, I think we're up to six or seven of the 12 signees being drafted.

Tadlock does a great job on the trail, but ultimately the guys know who the head coach is, and they hear the negative recruiting from every other team we fight for players with. And they still sign with OU. Do the math.

I think Sunny has toned it down quite a bit since he got his new contract, and I don't think that was an option, either. I've heard about more happy players the last couple of years than ever before.

IndySooner
6/8/2011, 02:43 PM
Elliot Blair goes in the 46th to the Giants.

IndySooner
6/8/2011, 02:46 PM
I've heard about more happy players the last couple of years than ever before.

Agreed until the past couple of months. Things really fell apart on him in the last couple of months. I don't know that it's his fault, frankly, but he seemed to lose this team. I have my thoughts on who is responsible, but I'll keep it to myself.

IndySooner
6/8/2011, 02:47 PM
six or seven of the 12 signees being drafted.

According to SoonerSports.com, it's 10 signees drafted.

bcolston15
6/8/2011, 02:49 PM
Elliot Blair goes in the 46th to the Giants.

That's awesome.

IndySooner
6/8/2011, 03:01 PM
That's awesome.

Exactly what I was thinking. Good for Elliot.

Sooner95
6/8/2011, 07:58 PM
thought I'd post a round-up of all Sooners selected.

Oklahoma Players drafted in 2011
9th Rd. - Tyler Ogle (284 overall) - Los Angeles Dodgers
11th Rd. - Cameron Seitzer (360 overall) -Tampa Bay Rays
14th Rd. - Burch Smith (443 overall) - San Diego Padres
14th Rd. - Garrett Buechele (447 overall) - SF Giants
25th Rd. - Ryan Duke (781 overall) - Philadelphia Phillies
26th Rd. - Michael Rocha (811 overall)-Philadelphia Phillies
28th Rd. - Jordan John (850 overall) - Houston Astros
33rd Rd. - Tyson Seng (1002 overall) - New York Mets
39th Rd. - Chris Ellison (1174 overall) - AZ Diamondbacks
41st Rd. - Bobby Shore (1233 overall) -Seattle Mariners
46th Rd. - Elliott Blair (1407 overall) - SF Giants

OU signees in the 2011 draft
1st Rd. - Archie Bradley (7 overall) - Arizona D-Backs
2nd Rd. - Adrian Houser (69 overall) - Houston Astros
5th Rd. - Mason Hope (163 overall) - Florida Marlins
16th Rd. - Carter Blackburn (507 overall) - SF Giants
17th Rd. - Adam Choplick (514 overall) - Ariz. D-Backs
17th Rd. - Hunter Lockwood (525 overall) - LAA Angels
18th Rd. - Nick Lee (547 overall) - Washington Nationals
29th Rd. - Nick Sawyer (894 overall) - Texas Rangers
33rd Rd. - Steven Okert (1001 overall) - Mil. Brewers
43rd Rd. - Ty Washington (1315 overall) - Cincinnati Re

oldtimer
6/8/2011, 09:27 PM
Appears Coach G will get his wish? in 2012 to basically turn over his entire starting infield (less Bushyhead) and makes Tadlock's job a living hell this summer securing JUCO players to fill the void from losing 50% of the new recruits. With the exception of Mayfield, RHP will be an inexperienced commodity next season. Hope they can secure some BBCOR power hitters 'cause the cupboard is pretty empty. Won't expect problems with over-confidence expectations in 2012, that's for sure.

Sooner11JK
6/8/2011, 10:06 PM
Appears Coach G will get his wish? in 2012 to basically turn over his entire starting infield (less Bushyhead) and makes Tadlock's job a living hell this summer securing JUCO players to fill the void from losing 50% of the new recruits. With the exception of Mayfield, RHP will be an inexperienced commodity next season. Hope they can secure some BBCOR power hitters 'cause the cupboard is pretty empty. Won't expect problems with over-confidence expectations in 2012, that's for sure.

It might be the entire infield.......

bcolston15
6/8/2011, 10:25 PM

You've managed to make a forgone conclusion (Losing Buechele and Seitzer) a dramatized waste of space. Congrats.

I don't know if you've noticed, but, 10 of the 12 players we signed were drafted, and probably six of them will come to Norman. The cupboard isn't bare.

TumbleweedDoom
6/8/2011, 11:28 PM
Oldtimer wins the award for dumbest post of the week.

bcolston15
6/8/2011, 11:56 PM
Heard that Ogle is seriously considering returning to school. Apparently getting his degree his something he really values along with playing for OU.

It's 50/50 right now.

IndySooner
6/9/2011, 01:03 AM
Heard that Ogle is seriously considering returning to school. Apparently getting his degree his something he really values along with playing for OU.

It's 50/50 right now.

We heard during the season he was coming back for sure. I'm guessing a 9th round selection made him second guess.

IndySooner
6/9/2011, 01:04 AM
nm

IndySooner
6/9/2011, 01:07 AM

Get his wish? Wow. This thread has gotten strange all of the sudden.

IndySooner
6/9/2011, 01:07 AM

It's 50/50 right now.

Oh yeah, and then there's that female................

OUmillenium
6/9/2011, 10:07 AM
What's he asking for? I hope he sets his number fairly high.

5th round money? He would be better off going to OU. Can't believe his dad didn't steer him to lOSUr. I guess Anderson has not connected with the alumni too well.

OUmillenium
6/9/2011, 10:12 AM
On second thought, you could get a signing bonus in the mid-6 figures, so I guess going pro is the best for Mason. It sounded like he has his mind made up from what he said after being drafted.

perryj
6/9/2011, 10:21 AM
I still have hope for Hope, (pun intended) I think we can sell a guy like Garrett Richards to him. Garrett came in undrafted out of high school and left as a first rounder.

There's a ton of difference between never being selected and being taken in the 5th round. Especially when his father left money on the table and then lost it to injury. His scholarship to OU was an insurance policy.

perryj
6/9/2011, 10:23 AM
It might be the entire infield.......

I'm not sure why Bushyhead would leave. He seems to be Sunny's guy. The one untouchable guy, and possibly Ogle, if there is one on the team.

perryj
6/9/2011, 10:25 AM
Oh yeah, and then there's that female................

Dodgers vs female! I wonder if we have to wait until Aug. 15th to find out who wins?

TumbleweedDoom
6/9/2011, 10:41 AM
Ellison is almost 100 percent sure to be gone.

rysooner
6/9/2011, 10:46 AM
Sunny on KREF this morning....

Ogle probably gone, money will be too good and John may go also. Said that this is the last year that they can offer a 20th round pick 10th round money if they have it left over. Next year the rounds will be slotted money and the team won't have the option to go after a kid with much more money than the drafted slot provides. They currently have to get the higher money approved by MLB, but that they never deny that option.

Mentioned Gibson and Harrison coming back, which I found interesting from what I've heard. Also said we really needed to get Ty Washington on campus.

perryj
6/9/2011, 10:46 AM

That's a bad deal. He's a guy who should be in position to be an everyday player next year. Unfortunately he will be remembered by the casual fan as the guy who dropped the ball against OsU in Tulsa. No matter what he ends up doing I wish him well. He's been one of my favorites over the past couple of years.

perryj
6/9/2011, 10:49 AM
Sunny on KREF this morning....

Also said we really needed to get Ty Washington on campus.

What's the story on Washington? After checking out his recruiting profile, Perfect Game, and I know Kendal is a feminine hygiene product, has him as a high round (4-10) pick yet he ends up going in the 43rd round.

kevpks
6/9/2011, 11:19 AM
Wow 11 players! My money is on Cam Seitzer to be the first to make a big league roster.

rysooner
6/9/2011, 11:29 AM
What's the story on Washington? After checking out his recruiting profile, Perfect Game, and I know Kendal is a feminine hygiene product, has him as a high round (4-10) pick yet he ends up going in the 43rd round.

Don't know any details, just that Sunny definantly mentioned him by name as needing to really get him to school.

takingastand
6/9/2011, 12:47 PM

It's a done deal....he is gone.

Sooner11JK
6/9/2011, 01:06 PM
I'm not sure why Bushyhead would leave. He seems to be Sunny's guy. The one untouchable guy, and possibly Ogle, if there is one on the team.

Perception is not always reality. That's all I'll say about it.

mavsfan31
6/9/2011, 01:57 PM
I thought for sure Ogle would stay, now I don't think he will.

NMSooner'80
6/9/2011, 02:04 PM
Doesn't someone have a site that lists which MLB draft picks have signed (like a "status" update)? If so, what is it?

oldtimer
6/9/2011, 02:13 PM
What did I miss? Four days ago, Coach G was talking about how he didn't have much fun coaching his veteran group of players for the last half of the season, ...he implied he didn't get after them as much as he should have and expects that to change...0 (ala 2009). You don't think every OU Jr. player didn't have a flashback to how much they hated their freshman yr?

Then Mr. Tumbleweed made a very good follow-on comment to Coach G's interview... Don't be surprised if the rest of the team is pretty much turned over. My guess is he'll give the remaining guys the opportunity to commit to his style and if they aren't willing to do so, they'll be gone.

My previous comments on the affects of the Draft can be explained as follows: 4 of the 5 starting infield is gone. My prediction is Ogle, Buechele, Seitzer will sign, and Ellis graduated. '10 Starting Pitching staff reduced by 50% with Burch signing and others graduating. Ellison sounds like he's gone as well and some won't be invited back. That's makes at least 15 players to be replaced or about 80% of the starters.

The power hitters remaining White, Stich, and Reine provided 9 of the team's 41 bombs in 2010 (22%). That's what I meant about the "cupboard being bare". Can't predict outcomes from players not on campus.

Another prediction - half of Tadlock's 12 HS recruits will sign. That's why his summer won't be much of a vacation while he searches for non-commited JUCO and HS players to fill these voids, particulary RH pitching.

I don't think I will be far off. Others may not agree with all of this, but as an old guy, I know in about 8 weeks (8/15/11) Father Time will prove one of us right and the other wrong.

IndySooner
6/9/2011, 02:50 PM
I don't think you're wrong at all, oldtimer, though I admittedly don't pay much attention to the high school side of things, and thus, wouldn't know. My question is whether it's a BAD thing for this team to turn over? It was obvious at the end of the season that there was a lack of want-to on this team and maybe a fresh start would be good? That said, I hate to see guys like Cody Reine, Caleb Bushyhead, Eric Ross, etc., who have given a ton to this program and put in their time, not come back for their senior season.

It's a strange off-season for sure. Will be interesting to see how it all turns out.

TumbleweedDoom
6/9/2011, 03:05 PM
I don't understand the gnashing of teeth of any of the juniors signing. That's what they're supposed to do. I'm with Colston: when they don't sign, THAT'S when something has gone wrong.

As far a lot of turnover goes, well, we didn't have any turnover last season. So, thus, we have a lot this season. It's just the way everyone's eligibility fell and the fact we had a pretty impressive class of upperclassmen. We had a lot of turnover after the '09 season. It just comes and goes and is totally organic.

All this "It's Sunny's fault" for these players leaving is nonsense. Sure, they may have tired of playing here by the end of their junior year, but we've already gotten what we expected out of them. The only time juniors come back is if they were injured or saw their draft stock plummet to near nothing after a bad season, or simply aren't pro material to begin with. Personally, I'd rather have juniors sign than any of those three things happen.

IndySooner
6/9/2011, 03:17 PM
Personally, I'd rather have juniors sign than any of those three things happen.

Agreed, with the exception of guys like Bushyhead, who brings a lot to the program even if he doesn't project to the next level.

TumbleweedDoom
6/9/2011, 03:27 PM
That's true and Eisenberg fit that mold this year, as well. But just generally speaking, you WANT guys leaving after their junior years. That means they're GOOD players.

I think the main problem is too many people on here think it's like football or basketball. They don't understand the huge difference in compensation for the players to leave early in baseball as opposed to other sports.

And for the record, I'll be stunned if Bushyhead isn't playing at OU next year.

hvhurricane
6/9/2011, 06:12 PM
It's a done deal....he is gone.

I didn't even realize he was draft eligible until I saw his name on the board. I really think he got screwed around this year. He should have been our leadoff guy from day one. Instead, we tried to play LSU, circa 1988, and send up power hitters up to the plate to leadoff the game. We even tried Harrison at leadoff for one game for God's sake. I am not even sure he batted leadoff one time and had to battle for his spot all year long. I can completely understand why he would decide to leave. I would be pissed off if I was him, too.

hvhurricane
6/9/2011, 06:21 PM
I don't understand the gnashing of teeth of any of the juniors signing. That's what they're supposed to do. I'm with Colston: when they don't sign, THAT'S when something has gone wrong.

As far a lot of turnover goes, well, we didn't have any turnover last season. So, thus, we have a lot this season. It's just the way everyone's eligibility fell and the fact we had a pretty impressive class of upperclassmen. We had a lot of turnover after the '09 season. It just comes and goes and is totally organic.

All this "It's Sunny's fault" for these players leaving is nonsense. Sure, they may have tired of playing here by the end of their junior year, but we've already gotten what we expected out of them. The only time juniors come back is if they were injured or saw their draft stock plummet to near nothing after a bad season, or simply aren't pro material to begin with. Personally, I'd rather have juniors sign than any of those three things happen.

I don't think you can throw the players leaving because they are tired of playing for SG theory out the window. You want JR's to sign because they are good players who have had good careers and need to sign because that is the best move for them personaly. You don't want mid/lower draft level players, especially ones like Ellison who have leverage, to leave just because they want out of the drama. I don't think that is good for anyone and, most importantly, not very good for the growth of the program.

hvhurricane
6/9/2011, 06:33 PM
Perception is not always reality. That's all I'll say about it.

I think Caleb was one of SG's go to guys and I think Caleb probably tired of that role as the season wore on. SG asks a lot out of his captains and that can wear kids down mentally. That is a lot to get out of a 20 year old kid and as Colston stated earlier, these kids quit mentally at the end of the year. I was probably too hard on them to say they completely quit. They wanted to perform physically, but were mentally checked out. I know it seems like I am being hard on SG, but I am just stating the obvious. He may have calmed down some, but he really needs to look in the mirror and change the way he plays mental games with the people involved in his program. He is not going to find 20 new players every year who are willing to be his guys through all the drama.

Pillmanj
6/9/2011, 07:17 PM
What did I miss? Four days ago, Coach G was talking about how he didn't have much fun coaching his veteran group of players for the last half of the season, ...he implied he didn't get after them as much as he should have and expects that to change...0 (ala 2009). You don't think every OU Jr. player didn't have a flashback to how much they hated their freshman yr?

Then Mr. Tumbleweed made a very good follow-on comment to Coach G's interview... Don't be surprised if the rest of the team is pretty much turned over. My guess is he'll give the remaining guys the opportunity to commit to his style and if they aren't willing to do so, they'll be gone.

My previous comments on the affects of the Draft can be explained as follows: 4 of the 5 starting infield is gone. My prediction is Ogle, Buechele, Seitzer will sign, and Ellis graduated. '10 Starting Pitching staff reduced by 50% with Burch signing and others graduating. Ellison sounds like he's gone as well and some won't be invited back. That's makes at least 15 players to be replaced or about 80% of the starters.

The power hitters remaining White, Stich, and Reine provided 9 of the team's 41 bombs in 2010 (22%). That's what I meant about the "cupboard being bare". Can't predict outcomes from players not on campus.

Another prediction - half of Tadlock's 12 HS recruits will sign. That's why his summer won't be much of a vacation while he searches for non-commited JUCO and HS players to fill these voids, particulary RH pitching.

I don't think I will be far off. Others may not agree with all of this, but as an old guy, I know in about 8 weeks (8/15/11) Father Time will prove one of us right and the other wrong.

Stich did't play in 2010 and Bue, White, and Seitzer combined had more homeruns than 41.

bcolston15
6/9/2011, 10:07 PM
Ellison has some potential and I wish we had him back, but I promise he won't be hard to replace. Well, his strikeout numbers might be tough to match.

My final take on the drama/unhappy players/SG is mean stuff is this; I think losing makes things less than fun, especially when expectations are high and aren't being met.

That's not to say that's all it was, clearly the chemistry wasn't right all season. The head coach has a part in that.

The radio interview calling out guys worked--for a little while-- after a while though I think it turned into a finger pointing team, head coach included.

Still, the SG haters don't have much to stand on, other than our nose dive in the postseason. 40 wins for the third time in as many years, the most drafted players in program history and a strong recruiting class coming to campus this fall.

I think it has, and always will be a 'we don't like Sunny's style or personality' thing, it's never been because he's a bad baseball coach. Because quite frankly, that side isn't a good debate for the Sunny haters.

soonertravis
6/10/2011, 11:57 AM
Ellison has some potential and I wish we had him back, but I promise he won't be hard to replace. Well, his strikeout numbers might be tough to match.

My final take on the drama/unhappy players/SG is mean stuff is this; I think losing makes things less than fun, especially when expectations are high and aren't being met.

That's not to say that's all it was, clearly the chemistry wasn't right all season. The head coach has a part in that.

The radio interview calling out guys worked--for a little while-- after a while though I think it turned into a finger pointing team, head coach included.

Still, the SG haters don't have much to stand on, other than our nose dive in the postseason. 40 wins for the third time in as many years, the most drafted players in program history and a strong recruiting class coming to campus this fall.

I think it has, and always will be a 'we don't like Sunny's style or personality' thing, it's never been because he's a bad baseball coach. Because quite frankly, that side isn't a good debate for the Sunny haters.

I think the key will be to see how Sunny and the Sooners respond. I think the relationship with Tadlock is interesting. If Tadlock leaves or stays and cannot resolve whatever conflict there may be with Sunny, then there could be a long term impact.

I have heard from a kid who is being recruited by OU for a future season that he has spoken to a former player who said the Tadlock kids never saw Sunny and the Sunny kids never saw Tadlock(or had limited interaction with them). And this was a from a kid who played a few years ago.

As good as it looks now, a few bad situations can lead to a quick downturn. Just ask Jeff Capel. You are right, that this might be the best recruiting class ever at OU. The key will be getting these guys on campus and getting the momentum turrned around.

I hope we can get it done.

bcolston15
6/10/2011, 02:24 PM
It's a little frustrating to me that the tone of the board is like it is. I understand this wasn't a good season compared to expectations. I get it.

Newsflash, it's incredibly hard to get to Omaha. Heck, it's hard enough just to win a regional.

Two regional titles and a world series apperance in six years is good. It's not great, and we need to keep improving, but it's enough history to have a reasonable belief that we can get to Omaha every year.

rysooner
6/10/2011, 02:29 PM
Doesn't someone have a site that lists which MLB draft picks have signed (like a "status" update)? If so, what is it?

Here you go, it's with Baseball America and it looks to be up to date as it shows Ellison has already signed.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/draft/11draft.html

takingastand
6/10/2011, 02:47 PM
It's a little frustrating to me that the tone of the board is like it is. I understand this wasn't a good season compared to expectations. I get it.

Newsflash, it's incredibly hard to get to Omaha. Heck, it's hard enough just to win a regional.

Two regional titles and a world series apperance in six years is good. It's not great, and we need to keep improving, but it's enough history to have a reasonable belief that we can get to Omaha every year.

You have certainly contributed to the "tone" with remarks like trying to find someone to replace the number of strikeouts by a player.

bcolston15
6/10/2011, 02:56 PM
You have certainly contributed to the "tone" with remarks like trying to find someone to replace the number of strikeouts by a player.

Ellison has some skills, but he struck out too much. That's what I said. Not a big deal.

hvhurricane
6/11/2011, 02:14 PM

I don't know how you could look at SG's year this year and not say he was a bad baseball coach for this season. He did a terrible job. My dog could have won 40 games with this talent and that schedule. We didn't accomplish anything the entire year. We finsished one game over .500 in a conference we should have won. Most importantly, his team imploded over the later half of the season. That makes 2 out of the last 3 years our team has imploded late in the sesason. We were a national seed two years ago and our players couldn't wait for the season to end. We ended up getting manhandled by Arkansas in our own park. Does that sound familiar? The mark of a great coach is getting his team to peak at the right times. We had a great run last year, no doubt. However, more times than not, we have had teams who were mentally gassed at the end of the year. I am not saying it is time for SG to move on, or anything close to that. I am simply saying that he has to take a look at how he manages these kids throughout the whole year. There is a reason these kids haven't wanted to play for him 2/3 years. Either he adjusts his style or there will be more of the same.

bcolston15
6/11/2011, 10:07 PM
I don't know how you could look at SG's year this year and not say he was a bad baseball coach for this season. He did a terrible job. My dog could have won 40 games with this talent and that schedule. We didn't accomplish anything the entire year. We finsished one game over .500 in a conference we should have won. Most importantly, his team imploded over the later half of the season. That makes 2 out of the last 3 years our team has imploded late in the sesason. We were a national seed two years ago and our players couldn't wait for the season to end. We ended up getting manhandled by Arkansas in our own park. Does that sound familiar? The mark of a great coach is getting his team to peak at the right times. We had a great run last year, no doubt. However, more times than not, we have had teams who were mentally gassed at the end of the year. I am not saying it is time for SG to move on, or anything close to that. I am simply saying that he has to take a look at how he manages these kids throughout the whole year. There is a reason these kids haven't wanted to play for him 2/3 years. Either he adjusts his style or there will be more of the same.

First, let's get some facts straight. We didn't implode down the stretch in '09. We played a ridiculously hot Arkansas team that went to the CWS.

If you'll recall we swept a nationally ranked A&M team in the last series of the year to earn a national seed.

That team had no pitching. We had Doyle, Anderson and Duke. That's about it.

Now that we have that straightened out, I agree with you, we did implode this season. But there's not one thing you can point to as the culprit.

Were the some of the guys sick of SG? Yeah. On top of that we had some nagging injuries that killed our momentum at times. Some of our best hitters from the CWS team were exposed by the BBCore bats, too.

It was a slew of issues that caused this team to fall way short of the finish line, not just the coach, or the bats, or any other singular variable.

northspeter
6/11/2011, 10:48 PM
haters gonna hate... i played for some bad baseball coaches and i played for some real major a-holes... neither case did our team quit playing hard... this team may have just been full of a bunch of pu**ies, i dont know...

hvhurricane
6/12/2011, 01:15 PM
First, let's get some facts straight. We didn't implode down the stretch in '09. We played a ridiculously hot Arkansas team that went to the CWS.

If you'll recall we swept a nationally ranked A&M team in the last series of the year to earn a national seed.

That team had no pitching. We had Doyle, Anderson and Duke. That's about it.

Now that we have that straightened out, I agree with you, we did implode this season. But there's not one thing you can point to as the culprit.

Were the some of the guys sick of SG? Yeah. On top of that we had some nagging injuries that killed our momentum at times. Some of our best hitters from the CWS team were exposed by the BBCore bats, too.

It was a slew of issues that caused this team to fall way short of the finish line, not just the coach, or the bats, or any other singular variable.

We can agree to disagree on that year. First, you did forget about Richards, who pitched his best game of his career during the regional. The problem was the position players were mentally gassed. Yes, Arkansas got hot, but we couldn't hit our way out of a paper sack and we really didn't look like we cared. Those players were ready for the season to be over. Would we have won if we had played up to our potential? I don't know, but we didn't even compete against Arkansas. We almost got no hit in the last game. It was ridiculous. There was a ton of drama in the lockeroom that season as well and I think the kids were just ready to move on. It was an upperclassman team, much like this season, who had had enough of SG's mental games. There is a pattern that has developed over more than one season and it needs to change. I have no problem with SG being a hardass. I played for coaches that would make SG look like a little girl in college. He has to do a better job of managing the team's psyche throughout the whole season. You can't go to the well so many times during the season. And you can't have your team ready for the season to be over when the tournaments start.

This year, SG did a poor job of managing the team. I don't know how you can question that fact. Yes, there were a number of factors we had to deal with, i.e. the bats and nagging injuries, but so did every other team in the country. His X's and O's decisions were the worst I have seen from him since he has been at OU. He absolutely started to panic in the middle of the year, and not coincidentally, that is when the chemistry issues really came to fruitiion. He can blame it on anything else he wants to, but he didn't do a very good job of maximizing this team's potential.

This program is close to being one of the top programs in the country, but this issue is keeping us from reaching our potential, IMO. It is very hard to get to Omaha and you can't have these issues popping up in multiple years. Everything else is in place for us to be at least a super regional player every year.

TumbleweedDoom
6/12/2011, 09:30 PM
Lost in all this rhetoric is the fact that, you know, sometimes teams just ... lose. Only 16 can make the super regionals and only 8 can make the CWS. I've been hearing of drama in the OU baseball program since 1995 when supposedly Cochell hated certain players' guts. I think the "drama" comes from too many people who think they have access to the program but really have no basis to compare it to any other program in any other sport. I have a sneaking suspicion that our "drama" is no more or less -- or at least in the general neighborhood -- of other programs at other schools.

Essentially: all you whiners bore me. We've hosted three of the past six years (SG's reign), been to two super regionals and a CWS during that time. We've won 40-plus games in half those seasons, won more NCAA Tournament games than we have in the previous 10 years COMBINED. Yeah, I wish we could do better. I wish the football team could do better too. But we're doing pretty darned good for a program that everyone has been telling menhas been falling apart and ripping asunder from within since about 2004.

StoopTroup
6/12/2011, 09:34 PM
Here we go...

northspeter
6/12/2011, 09:57 PM
Lost in all this rhetoric is the fact that, you know, sometimes teams just ... lose. Only 16 can make the super regionals and only 8 can make the CWS. I've been hearing of drama in the OU baseball program since 1995 when supposedly Cochell hated certain players' guts. I think the "drama" comes from too many people who think they have access to the program but really have no basis to compare it to any other program in any other sport. I have a sneaking suspicion that our "drama" is no more or less -- or at least in the general neighborhood -- of other programs at other schools.

Essentially: all you whiners bore me. We've hosted three of the past six years (SG's reign), been to two super regionals and a CWS during that time. We've won 40-plus games in half those seasons, won more NCAA Tournament games than we have in the previous 10 years COMBINED. Yeah, I wish we could do better. I wish the football team could do better too. But we're doing pretty darned good for a program that everyone has been telling menhas been falling apart and ripping asunder from within since about 2004.

agree!!

hvhurricane
6/13/2011, 12:02 AM

IMO, we are talking about the difference between being a top 25 program and a top 10 program. The difference between being a super regional performer more years than not. There is no doubt SG has elevated the program. However, I don't think we reach the elite level until these issues are addressed and a change in philosophy is made. When a coach who thrives on having a chip on his shoulder says "it was his least fun season to coach ever" then you know there was a huge problem within the clubhouse. He lives for drama and even he couldnt handle it. That should tell you something right there. Doing a pretty good job for having a program under turmoil isn't getting it done, IMO. We had elite talent this year and we should have expected elite results. I know SG had elite expectations.

TumbleweedDoom
6/13/2011, 08:47 AM
We haven't been "elite" in the history of the program, except for a stretch in the 70s and a short 4-year period in the 90s. We are what we are -- a top 25 program, NOT a top 10 or 16. So, the odds are that the Sunny-bashers and drama-whiners will NEVER be happy with the direction of the program or how things are playing out REGARDLESS of who is the head coach.

Better take your energy drinks because there's going to be a lot of whining to do over the next few decades as the odds are against us EVER becoming Texas or Fullerton. But we are Oklahoma, which is pretty darned good and something that's better than about all but 20 or so programs in the country. Too bad people are too busy whining about SG or LC or whomever the coach is at the moment to enjoy it a bit.

IndySooner
6/13/2011, 09:18 AM
We haven't been "elite" in the history of the program, except for a stretch in the 70s and a short 4-year period in the 90s. We are what we are -- a top 25 program, NOT a top 10 or 16. So, the odds are that the Sunny-bashers and drama-whiners will NEVER be happy with the direction of the program or how things are playing out.

Better take your energy drinks because there's going to be a lot of whining to do over the next few decades as the odds are against us EVER becoming Texas or Fullerton. But we are Oklahoma, which is pretty darned good and something that's better than about all but 20 or so programs in the country. Too bad people are too busy whining about SG or LC or whomever the coach is at the moment to enjoy it a bit.

I think you're being a bit harsh, TD. You know me. You know I'm not a whiner. In fact, I've been 100% on Sunny's side until lately. Now I'm about 85% on his side. I think it's a legitimate concern that every year there's this much drama within the program. It's pretty obvious to me at this point that Sunny doesn't work well with others. It may be by design, but if it is, he may need to re-evaluate. His assistant coaches are never happy or on the same page, his players are burnt out by the end of the season, etc.

That said, I think you're right that some will never be happy. The bottom line is that Sunny has won at Oklahoma. Most years, he's overachieved. This year, he may or may not have underachieved. (I think it's debatable that the team overachieved so much at the end of last year that maybe this team didn't underachieve at all this year. It was what it was.) I'm not worried about the players, frankly. They are here at Oklahoma for a few years and then most of them move on without having anything to do with the program anyway. Some will come back and be a part, but for the most part, they move on. What I am worried about is the long-term health of the program and I'm afraid that the bridges he seems to be burning may have a negative effect on the state of the program in the future.

TumbleweedDoom
6/13/2011, 10:10 AM
His assistant coaches are never happy. Considering he's only had one different assistant in his 6-plus years, I'm really not sure how to evaluate that one. I'm afraid there's too much hearsay going on in that regards and until I see Tadlock and Bell leaving, I'll believe it. I've been hearing one or the other has been leaving for about 5 years ... and nothing has happened.

IndySooner
6/13/2011, 10:34 AM
His assistant coaches are never happy. Considering he's only had one different assistant in his 6-plus years, I'm really not sure how to evaluate that one. I'm afraid there's too much hearsay going on in that regards and until I see Tadlock and Bell leaving, I'll believe it. I've been hearing one or the other has been leaving for about 5 years ... and nothing has happened.

There's absolutely too much smoke with Tadlock for there not to be some fire. I've heard from WAY too many people with many different connections to the situation that he's not happy and they're not on the same page.

TumbleweedDoom
6/13/2011, 10:39 AM
Until he leaves, I'll remain skeptical. Last I heard, him, SG and Bushyhead were all taking hunting trips together in the fall and winter. Now, all of a sudden, they hate each other. Again, I think it's too many people who *think* they have access to the pulse of the program.

IndySooner
6/13/2011, 10:41 AM
Let me also add that six years is a long time to be an assistant coach in one place if you have aspirations of moving up into a head job. Maybe it's just time for Tadlock to move on? Maybe that's the issue, I don't know. I haven't heard that Bell's unhappy, but I'm about 99% sure that Tadlock is based on everything I have heard, and it had an effect on this year's team. Does the team need to toughen up? Probably. But they're 18-22 year old guys, and I know I wasn't very tough at that age.

TumbleweedDoom
6/13/2011, 10:44 AM
I'm not buying that Tadlock is unhappy. Until he tells you or me personally, or leaves, I'm just not buying it. Again, too many people with too much hearsay. And I'm done with the hearsay.

Until these people who have the "inside" info want to actually give their names and, therefore, stand behind what they say, I'm not buying. Sorry, I didn't go to 5 years of journalism school to give credence to every Tom, Dick and Harry who wants complete anonymity.

IndySooner
6/13/2011, 10:48 AM
Until he leaves, I'll remain skeptical. Last I heard, him, SG and Bushyhead were all taking hunting trips together in the fall and winter. Now, all of a sudden, they hate each other. Again, I think it's too many people who *think* they have access to the pulse of the program.

This is one of the things I love about college baseball, though, is that you can get close to the team, etc., and feel a part of it. I agree, though, that it is probably part of the problem, because unlike the basketball and football programs, that access shows people the inner-workings of the program. All programs have these kinds of issues & drama. Just ask Cody Reine about LSU.

Those guys going hunting in the fall doesn't mean they're getting along today, though. I don't know anything about that, but the fact that they were happy then doesn't prove they are happy now.

IndySooner
6/13/2011, 11:07 AM
By the way, this is my last post on this subject. I don't want to keep posting negative things about the program. It's not my style and it's not what I intend to do.

bcolston15
6/13/2011, 11:09 AM
This is one of the things I love about college baseball, though, is that you can get close to the team, etc., and feel a part of it. I agree, though, that it is probably part of the problem, because unlike the basketball and football programs, that access shows people the inner-workings of the program.

That's the problem. 95% of the people who have inside information, have it from one source, with one point of view. An unhappy parent and/or player probably won't have much good to say about the program or the head coach. That doesn't mean the majority of players and parents are unhappy or that the program is fundamentally flawed.

There were unhappy players and parents last year, (The same year we went to the CWS for the first time in 15 years) that should tell you a little bit about some of the 'unhappiness.' Being unhappy with a situation doesn't necessarily make you justified.

In general, unhappy players and parents can take a long walk off a short pier. They're a dime-a-dozen in any college baseball program.That said, we all know things weren't right in the clubhouse this season.

I think we'll get that fixed, though. SG has won over 500 games in his career, he's not some drunken old fool spouting off his mouth and pissing people off for no reason. There's a method to the madness.

IndySooner
6/13/2011, 11:34 AM
That's the problem. 95% of the people who have inside information, have it from one source, with one point of view. An unhappy parent and/or player probably won't have much good to say about the program or the head coach. That doesn't mean the majority of players and parents are unhappy or that the program is fundamentally flawed.

There were unhappy players and parents last year, (The same year we went to the CWS for the first time in 15 years) that should tell you a little bit about some of the 'unhappiness.' Being unhappy with a situation doesn't necessarily make you justified.

In general, unhappy players and parents can take a long walk off a short pier. They're a dime-a-dozen in any college baseball program.That said, we all know things weren't right in the clubhouse this season.

I think we'll get that fixed, though. SG has won over 500 games in his career, he's not some drunken old fool spouting off his mouth and pissing people off for no reason. There's a method to the madness.

100% agree with this by the way. Now THIS is my last post on the subject! :)

SOONER STEAKER
6/13/2011, 04:05 PM
Amen brother.

hvhurricane
6/13/2011, 10:36 PM

There is definitely a "method to his madness." I just think those "methods" need to be re-evaluated.

bcolston15
6/13/2011, 10:38 PM
Sounds like Bushyhead is probably not returning. Heard he put something on Twitter about it. Maybe someone who is on Twitter can look into it.

IndySooner
6/13/2011, 10:41 PM
@calebbushyhead Caleb Bushyhead
Good chance I never run stadiums again
5 hours ago via web

Not sure, unless someone has more information, I would read anything into that.

IndySooner
6/14/2011, 02:21 PM
Adrian Houser has signed, by the way.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/draftdb/2011xrnd.php?rnd=2

IndySooner
6/14/2011, 02:30 PM
I'd be stunned out of my shorts if John leaves. He's getting ready to go to the Cape and then be a weekend starter for us -- his draft stock should absolutely SKYROCKET. And he'll still have TWO years of eligibility remaining. The only reason he would leave, in my opinion, is if there's truth behind all the smoke of Sunny being the "Dark One" and his players wouldn't **** on him if he was on fire.

Jordan's on the roster, but hasn't played yet at the Cape. I hope he's back. He's a key part (if not THE key part) to our rotation next year.

perryj
6/14/2011, 02:37 PM
You've gotta like a weekend rotation that includes John and Overton. Find a righty to throw between them and couple of arms in the bullpen and you're good to go.

IndySooner
6/14/2011, 02:42 PM
You've gotta like a weekend rotation that includes John and Overton. Find a righty to throw between them and couple of arms in the bullpen and you're good to go.

100% agree. Even with the guys we're losing, the cupboard is far from empty next year. Get some things straightened out, get everyone back on campus who should be, and it's a pretty good year again. (NCAA tourney, borderline host material, etc.) Lose John to the draft and a couple of guys leave the program and it will be a bigger uphill climb next year.

perryj
6/14/2011, 02:54 PM
John may be the single biggest piece to the puzzle for next year. With the BBCOR bats the roster needed to be turned over and will be. The pitching staff will have to carry this team, and should be able to, as it learns how to manufacture runs.

bcolston15
6/14/2011, 03:04 PM
I'm a little worried about a sophomore slump with Overton. You see it so often with a guy that had a great freshman year and can't handle the adjustments teams make the next season.

Usually that's something hitters struggle with, (Max White) but pitchers aren't immune to it.

I'm really hoping all the drafted signees not taken in the first five rounds make it to school so we have some depth to fall back on.

TumbleweedDoom
6/14/2011, 03:49 PM
I'm hoping Overton got his sophomore slump out of the way at the end of this season -- he really wasn't pitching too well in the last couple of weeks.

John will be a test of this "Sunny's running everyone away" nonsense: if he leaves, then there's really not much choice but to believe there's some truth behind it because there's just no seeming (obvious) reason why he WOULD leave.

oldtimer
6/15/2011, 11:18 AM
Can we have someone start a new Thread entitled " OU MLB Draft Signings Update"?

I recall 2 or 3 of Sunny's wish list of Fall prospects have signed already. Other threads indicate some players have signed and gone: Chris Ellison and Cam Seitzer... would be a nice way to follow-up over the next several weeks.

Thanks

IndySooner
6/15/2011, 11:58 AM
Cam's name is bold on Baseball America today. Good luck to him!