PDA

View Full Version : a question for the Palin haters

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2011, 09:37 AM
be honest now

hypothetically - lets say you're a GOP-er and have announced your candidacy for the GOP nomination......Palin isnt running

do you want her endorsement?

if so - why?

if not - why not?

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2011, 09:53 AM
c'mon guys - its a simple question

royalfan5
6/7/2011, 10:00 AM
Is Bachmann running? Because if she's in, I want Palin's endorsement, if she's not I don't think I want it if I'm running in front, but I want it if I have to play catch up.

The Profit
6/7/2011, 10:03 AM
Since a gop nomination is dependent upon getting the bible banging wacko vote, yes, I would want her endorsement. I would want her to say, "Profit is a good Christian man, who represents the right values as an American." I would thank her for the endorsement, and would continue popping the three good looking women in the church choir.

Howzit
6/7/2011, 10:53 AM
I wouldn't. I heard her say something about the independent Tea Party'ers that support her. Trouble is, I don't think a lot of regular Independents support her...and the Repubs will need them.

If there is a Tea Party cndidate running against the Republicans, Obama gets reelected.

I'm still convinced she is the reason McCain lost.

The Profit
6/7/2011, 10:57 AM
I wouldn't. I heard her say something about the independent Tea Party'ers that support her. Trouble is, I don't think a lot of regular Independents support her...and the Repubs will need them.

If there is a Tea Party cndidate running against the Republicans, Obama gets reelected.

I'm still convinced she is the reason McCain lost.

I think she is the reason the race was as close as it was. Without her, it would have been a major landslide victory for Obama.

JohnnyMack
6/7/2011, 11:10 AM
I think she is the reason the race was as close as it was. Without her, it would have been a major landslide victory for Obama.

On August 28th, the day before Palin was announced McCain trailed by an average of 2.9 points in the polls. The final polls have Obama leading by an average of 7.6 points. I'm not so sure she was as helpful to his campaign as some like to think.

Midtowner
6/7/2011, 11:13 AM
be honest now

hypothetically - lets say you're a GOP-er and have announced your candidacy for the GOP nomination......Palin isnt running

if so - why?

if not - why not?

Absolutely, yes. Endorsements of individuals who are loved by my base are always a huge benefit. And a simple endorsement isn't going to cause much damage if any. Benefits easily outweigh costs here.

The Profit
6/7/2011, 11:15 AM
You are forgetting that in between that time, while the American economy was going to hell in a hand basket (yes, friends, that happened under GWB's watch), McCain killed his momentum with this statement, "The US economy is fundamentally strong." Then, he had that period where he was going to debate, and then not going to debate.

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2011, 11:17 AM
(yes, friends, that happened under GWB's watch), .

dont forget both houses of congress controlled by the democrats! :)

OhU1
6/7/2011, 11:17 AM
Palin appears to be a polarizing figure. As a candidate you'd rather she was just silent but supported you behind the scenes. I've heard plenty of people claim they didn't vote for McCain because of Palin.

texaspokieokie
6/7/2011, 11:18 AM
be honest now

if so - why?

if not - why not?

I'd her to come & offer it in person :)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/7/2011, 11:22 AM
Palin appears to be a polarizing figure. As a candidate you'd rather she was just silent but supported you behind the scenes. I've heard plenty of people claim they didn't vote for McCain because of Palin.McCain got a lot more votes due to having Palin as his running mate than he ever would have without her. Palin continues to horrify the Left to this day, prolly more than ever.

JohnnyMack
6/7/2011, 11:25 AM
McCain got a lot more votes due to having Palin as his running mate than he ever would have without her. Palin continues to horrify the Left to this day, prolly more than ever.

I'm going to stalk you until you answer my question.

OhU1
6/7/2011, 11:26 AM
McCain got a lot more votes due to having Palin as his running mate than he ever would have without her. Palin continues to horrify the Left to this day, prolly more than ever.

News flash: Hardcore Republicans were going to vote against Obama no matter what. No one from the middle came over to McCain due to his addition of a more conservative running mate. Many women were turned off by Palin and saw the move as patronizing at best.

JohnnyMack
6/7/2011, 11:29 AM
News flash: Hardcore Republicans were going to vote against Obama no matter what. No one from the middle came over to McCain due to his addition of a more conservative running mate. Many women were turned off by Palin and saw the move as patronizing at best.

You're not reading from the Neo-Con playbook. The plan was to devour McCain from within, call him a RINO and place the blame squarely at the feet of the man these same Republicans had nominated a few weeks earlier. All the while protecting Palin and making the argument that she helped his campaign and didn't hinder it.

The Profit
6/7/2011, 11:45 AM
dont forget both houses of congress controlled by the democrats! :)

It is no secret. Everyone knows that Bush took the largest budget surplus in American history and turned it into largest deficit. Everyone knows that the Bush administration looked the other way while Wall Street nearly brought itself down. One hundred years from now, Bush will be considered the Herbert Hoover of the 2008 recession, and near depression.

GrapevineSooner
6/7/2011, 12:11 PM
Absolutely, yes. Endorsements of individuals who are loved by my base are always a huge benefit. And a simple endorsement isn't going to cause much damage if any. Benefits easily outweigh costs here.

I agree with this.

I don't hate Palin. I don't really hate any politician actually.

Well, Chuck Schumer maybe ;)

The people who honestly hate Palin are going to hate whoever gets the GOP nomination anyway.

NormanPride
6/7/2011, 12:17 PM
Endorsement is a euphemism for sex, right?

Howzit
6/7/2011, 12:18 PM
You are forgetting that in between that time, while the American economy was going to hell in a hand basket (yes, friends, that happened under GWB's watch), McCain killed his momentum with this statement, "The US economy is fundamentally strong." Then, he had that period where he was going to debate, and then not going to debate.

And you're forgetting what an idiot she looked like in several interviews, compounding by saying she was ambushed. What media sources do you read to keep up? Really? That's an ambush?

I never liked the choice, but the more I saw and heard from her, the less I liked it. He lost my vote because of her.

And I hated Obama, so I voted Libertarian. I sure showed everyone.

6/7/2011, 12:19 PM
News flash: Hardcore Republicans were going to vote against Obama no matter what. No one from the middle came over to McCain due to his addition of a more conservative running mate. Many women were turned off by Palin and saw the move as patronizing at best.and, nothing can make you change your mind. ..Palin continues to scare the Left, because she's so harmful to the Republicans...sure thing.

NormanPride
6/7/2011, 12:29 PM
I have never understood where the perception of fear comes from. When the left made fun of GWB everyone said it was just hateful. Why is this not just hateful? That's what it seems like to me.

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2011, 12:32 PM
I have never understood where the perception of fear comes from. When the left made fun of GWB everyone said it was just hateful. Why is this not just hateful? That's what it seems like to me.

why do you hate her? please explain

JohnnyMack
6/7/2011, 12:37 PM

I'm gonna put a scorpion in yer butthole.

OhU1
6/7/2011, 12:40 PM
I doubt anyone either "hates" or "fears" Sarah Palin. She is a joke and people enjoy a good laugh. Apparently some of you are simply not in on the joke.

6/7/2011, 12:44 PM
I doubt anyone either "hates" or "fears" Sarah Palin. She is a joke and people enjoy a good laugh. Apparently some of you are simply not in on the joke.That's right! haha

Ike
6/7/2011, 12:53 PM
It is no secret. Everyone knows that Bush took the largest budget surplus in American history and turned it into largest deficit. Everyone knows that the Bush administration looked the other way while Wall Street nearly brought itself down. One hundred years from now, Bush will be considered the Herbert Hoover of the 2008 recession, and near depression.

Sadly, I have a feeling you may be wrong. The way things are going, it's looking like whoever wins the 2012 election will be considered the Herbert Hoover of the 2008 recession...

6/7/2011, 12:58 PM
Obear is Hoover, FDR AND Hugo Chavez all rolled into one. WHAT A LEGACY!

The Profit
6/7/2011, 01:02 PM
Obear is Hoover, FDR AND Hugo Chavez all rolled into one. WHAT A LEGACY!

Now you are being silly.

6/7/2011, 01:05 PM
Now you are being silly.I wish.

What did YOU think when Obear advertised that He would bring about CHANGE, and TRANSFORMATION? Did you notice when he said he would have all the Cap in Trade taxes, and when he said he would destroy the Coal Industry? Did you think these things through?

JohnnyMack
6/7/2011, 01:09 PM
Now you are being silly.

It's true. Rush told him so.

Scott D
6/7/2011, 01:13 PM
is she going to endorse you on the bus or on an episode of Sarah Palin's Alaska while she doesn't quite show Kate Gosselin and her brood how to fish?

Bourbon St Sooner
6/7/2011, 01:30 PM
I can't wait until Sarah Palin is on Real Housewifes of Alaska. That will be allsome!

NormanPride
6/7/2011, 01:35 PM
Beady eyes and helmet hair.

cantwait48
6/7/2011, 01:36 PM
I'm gonna put a scorpion in yer butthole." bwahahaha

GKeeper316
6/7/2011, 02:03 PM

so why does john mccain blame sarah palin for losing the election?

sarah palin is a zit on the *** of society.

The Profit
6/7/2011, 02:08 PM
so why does john mccain blame sarah palin for losing the election?

sarah palin is a zit on the *** of society.

I think he blames Obama more than he blames Simple Sarah.

OUMallen
6/7/2011, 04:22 PM
Palin appears to be a polarizing figure. As a candidate you'd rather she was just silent but supported you behind the scenes. I've heard plenty of people claim they didn't vote for McCain because of Palin.

I like this post.

I voted for McCain but almost didn't. I was so disenfranchised and offended by Palin that I didn't know for whom I was voting until the morning of...I decided on McCain because Cap and Trade would be harmful to my personal life.

6/7/2011, 04:31 PM
I like this post.

I voted for McCain but almost didn't. I was so disenfranchised and offended by Palin that I didn't know for whom I was voting until the morning of...I decided on McCain because Cap and Trade would be harmful to my personal life.Why are we supposed to believe you?

OUMallen
6/7/2011, 04:32 PM
Why are we supposed to believe you?

No one is asking you to, chief. Just making conversation. Since it's a messageboard and all.

soonercruiser
6/7/2011, 09:27 PM
I like this post.

I voted for McCain but almost didn't. I was so disenfranchised and offended by Palin that I didn't know for whom I was voting until the morning of...I decided on McCain because Cap and Trade would be harmful to my personal life.

So, you hate wimen?

Or, in love with Nanci Peeloskli!

OUMallen
6/8/2011, 09:29 AM
So, you hate wimen?

SOME of Obama's promises I really agreed with...rehabilitating our foreign policy, for example. It's not popular in our part of the country, but I'm against supporting Israel blindly. He's done that, for instance. Didn't do much else I had hoped he would. Gay rights are only marginally better than they were, if at all, for instance.

However, I am anti-Cap and Trade, and I am anti-Obamacare. I am for massive healthcare overhaul, but Obamacare I think is unconstitutional.

The Profit
6/8/2011, 09:48 AM
So, you hate wimen?

You certainly use the word hate a lot.

thecynic
6/8/2011, 09:53 AM
first of all, I don't hate Palin. But if she's not running I'm not sure what her endorsement gains you. She is free to endorse or not whomever she wants, but what has she done politically to add weight to your campaign with an endorsement? She's obviously polarizing so I would hope she would raise money, and leave it at that.

The Profit
6/8/2011, 10:19 AM
From the London Daily Mail:

This Lady is not for turning up: Margaret Thatcher snubs request to meet Sarah Palin in London

By MARK DUELL
Last updated at 12:17 PM on 8th June 2011

She's an avid admirer of Britain’s first and only female prime minister, but it seems the Iron Lady isn’t so fond of her. Sarah Palin was hoping to meet Margaret Thatcher in London next month as part of her potential campaign for Republican presidential candidate. But Baroness Thatcher’s aides have poured cold water on the idea as they say Mrs Palin is ‘nuts’ and an ‘embarrassment’ to mainstream Tories.

Sarah Palin wants to meet Margaret Thatcher in London next month as part of her potential campaign for Republican presidential candidate Former Alaska Governor Mrs Palin, 47, is known to be a great admirer of Baroness Thatcher and has said how desperate she was to meet her. ‘I am going to Sudan in July and hope to stop in England on the way,’ she previously told The Sunday Times. ‘I am just hoping Mrs Thatcher is well enough to see me as I so admire her.’

Doh! Patriotic Sarah Palin claims Revolutionary War hero Paul Revere's midnight ride was to 'warn the British' Mrs Palin has never been to Europe and will try to present herself as a more credible candidate by touring more foreign locations. She has been on the campaign trail in New England ahead of an expected run for president in 2012, after a failed try for vice-president in 2008.

Before her bus tour starts again in Iowa, there is time for her to go abroad and try to boost her foreign credibility, reported The Independent.

Baroness Thatcher was former U.S. President Ronald Reagan's closest ally in world politics and she is expected to attend the unveiling of his statue
Baroness Thatcher has had to cut down on public appearances due to ill health and missed out on attending her own 85th birthday party last year.
The dementia sufferer rarely meets people nowadays and a decision would be made on the day if any meeting was going ahead - and it would be low key, an aide said. ‘Lady Thatcher will not be seeing Sarah Palin. That would be belittling for Margaret. Sarah Palin is nuts' said anAlly of Baroness Thatcher
‘We don't make firm appointments for this sort of meeting,’ the aide told The Independent.

Downing Street is not discussing arrangements for a visit by Mrs Palin and the U.S. Embassy in London does not know if she is coming for certain.
Her visit is thought to be linked with the centenary year of Ronald Reagan’s birth and Baroness Thatcher being his closest ally in world affairs.
Baroness Thatcher is expected to attend the unveiling of a statue to Mr Reagan outside the U.S. Embassy in London on Independence Day next month. But one ally told The Guardian: 'Lady Thatcher will not be seeing Sarah Palin. That would be belittling for Margaret. Sarah Palin is nuts.’
She is only focusing on attending the statue unveiling, the ally said.

Mrs Palin's possible visit to London next month is ahead of an expected run for Republican presidential candidate in 2012. British Tory commentator Tim Montgomerie added: ‘She is an embarrassment for mainstream Conservatives.’

But Mrs Palin, who visited Israel on a two-day private tour in March, does have at least one supporter in the British Parliament. Mid Bedfordshire Conservative MP Nadine Dorries said she has ‘passion, charm, drive and ability’ as well as a great connection with Americans.

Mrs Palin has a track record of embarrassing gaffes when it comes to countries other than the U.S. and has been ridiculed for poor knowledge.
Her slip-ups include apparently confusing North and South Korea and claiming she could deal with foreign policy because she could see Russia from her home state of Alaska.

Then last week she wrongly described patriot Paul Revere's famous 1775 'midnight ride' as something intended to warn both British soldiers and his fellow colonists.

Mrs Palin, a mother-of-five, has divided Republicans in the U.S. with some seeing her as too extreme and unpalatable for crucial swing voters.

NormanPride
6/8/2011, 11:18 AM
Y'know, I've never been to Australia. I should appear more cosmopolitan by going there and having a lot of fun. Who wants to pay for me to go?

The Profit
6/8/2011, 11:20 AM
Y'know, I've never been to Australia. I should appear more cosmopolitan by going there and having a lot of fun. Who wants to pay for me to go?

You, my friend, are a damned genius. You figured it out.