PDA

View Full Version : Palin Correct on Paul Revere???

soonercruiser
6/6/2011, 10:47 PM
Well all you liberal dum a**es!
How about an opology? Fat chance, huh?
:rolleyes:

Seems that a history professor has proven that Palin was CORRECT about Revere "warning" the Bristish!

Of all people ??? the LATimes???

You know how Sarah Palin said Paul Revere warned the British? Well, he did. Now, who looks stupid?
June 6, 2011 | 3:04 am

You may have heard recently something about that Sarah Palin telling a reporter that Paul Revere warned the British on his famous rousing revolutionary ride.

Now, that so many Americans have wallowed in their smug confirmation that Palin is an idiot unqualified for anything but repeating sixth-grade history, how far, wide and fast do you think the contradictory news will spread that the former governor of Alaska was indeed correct?

That the Republican non-candidate, in fact, knew more about the actual facts of Revere's midnight ride than all those idiots unknowingly revealing their own ignorance by laughing at her faux faux pas? How secretly embarrassing this must be, to be forced to face that you're dumber than the reputed dummy.

As it happens, though, such phenomena are regular occurrences in American politics, reminding consumers of news to be wary when some fresh story seems to fit contemporary assumptions so absolutely perfectly.

The well-known fable is Revere's late-night ride to warn fellow revolutionaries that....

...the British were coming. Less known, obviously, is the rest of the evening's events in which Revere was captured by said redcoats and did indeed defiantly warn them of the awakened militia awaiting their arrival ahead and of the American Revolution's inevitable victory.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2011/06/sarah-palin-says-paul-revere-warned-the-british.html

Experts back Sarah Palin’s historical account
You betcha she was right!
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/us_politics/view/2011_0606you_betcha_she_was_right_experts_back_pal ins_historical_account/

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ac/20110605/us_ac/8588011_how_sarah_palin_got_it_right_about_paul_re vere_warning_the_british_1

http://blogs.forbes.com/rickungar/2011/06/03/sarah-palin-paul-revere-warned-the-british/

SanJoaquinSooner
6/6/2011, 11:01 PM
Run, Sarah, Run!!!

mgsooner
6/6/2011, 11:02 PM
Run, Sarah, Run!!!

Please do!

cantwait48
6/6/2011, 11:24 PM
if she runs I don't think she can win all 57 states

Fraggle145
6/6/2011, 11:27 PM
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm7bh06ANY1qznpo0o1_500.gif

GKeeper316
6/7/2011, 01:18 AM
much like andre ware and his sooners in 09 prediction, just because she got lucky, doesn't mean she knows wtf she's talking about.

she's an idiot.

hawaii 5-0
6/7/2011, 01:31 AM
The Declaration of Independence was signed so that 250 years later a museum could show off a paper with lot of famous names like John Hancock, Benjamin Franklin and Abraham Lincoln.

5-0

Trump/ Biggins 2012

The Profit
6/7/2011, 08:14 AM
Well all you liberal dum a**es!
How about an opology? Fat chance, huh?
:rolleyes:

Seems that a history professor has proven that Palin was CORRECT about Revere "warning" the Bristish!

Of all people ??? the LATimes???

Experts back Sarah Palin’s historical account
You betcha she was right!
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/us_politics/view/2011_0606you_betcha_she_was_right_experts_back_pal ins_historical_account/

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ac/20110605/us_ac/8588011_how_sarah_palin_got_it_right_about_paul_re vere_warning_the_british_1

http://blogs.forbes.com/rickungar/2011/06/03/sarah-palin-paul-revere-warned-the-british/

You call us dum a**es, and then perform an abortion on the relatively easy-to-spell word, "apology?" No one has proven that simpleton (Palin) correct on anything. She is dumber than a brick with absolutely no imagination and no proven grasp of American history. I can understand why someone like you would think otherwise. I am just glad this nation is not made up of too many someones like you.

diverdog
6/7/2011, 09:06 AM
You call us dum a**es, and then perform an abortion on the relatively easy-to-spell word, "apology?" No one has proven that simpleton (Palin) correct on anything. She is dumber than a brick with absolutely no imagination and no proven grasp of American history. I can understand why someone like you would think otherwise. I am just glad this nation is not made up of too many someones like you.

Having been to Lexington and Concord several times I can tell you Palin was not entirely correct. She wanted to make this about 2nd Amendment rights and she made an incorrect statement. The British were indeed out to get military supplies and in particular several cannons that had disappeared. The military supplies technically belong to the crown at the time although they were nominally under the control of the local government. Based on the history that we were told there was no intent on the part of Gage to disarm the locals but only to seize the armories. Armories that technically belonged to the crown.

Here is the deal. Even is Palin was correct you can tell buy her answer that she was guessing. She then went on to blame the media and a gotcha question. Had she known her history she would have stuck to her guns (no pun intended) and debated her position. The other point is that she has a history of making stupid remarks and then blaming the media. Sarah Palins worst enemy is her mouth. She does not know when to shut up.

XingTheRubicon
6/7/2011, 09:30 AM
OK, I'll bet anyone on this board a grand that Palin doesn't win Iowa or NH.

Any takers?

OK, then respectfully, and please everyone STFU about this woman.

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/7/2011, 09:33 AM
I remember the good old days when the board was dominated by threads about the gheys...and not Palin

The Maestro
6/7/2011, 10:15 AM
I actually had a Poli Sci professor at OU my freshman year tell us that Paul Revere was a thief who rode through town to get people out of their houses so he could steal their silver.

Even if Sarah Palin had a doctorate in Revolutionary War Studies, it would not make her qualified to be even mentioned in the Presidential race. I think she should move to New York and run for Congress against Weiner. Now THAT would make her interesting.

soonercruiser
6/7/2011, 04:43 PM
much like andre ware and his sooners in 09 prediction, just because she got lucky, doesn't mean she knows wtf she's talking about.

she's an idiot.

Lucky???
This is the line used by people who just hate!
HATE, for any reason that supports their liberal idiology!
So, that proves YOU are person who is the real M****!

soonercruiser
6/7/2011, 04:45 PM
Having been to Lexington and Concord several times I can tell you Palin was not entirely correct. She wanted to make this about 2nd Amendment rights and she made an incorrect statement. The British were indeed out to get military supplies and in particular several cannons that had disappeared. The military supplies technically belong to the crown at the time although they were nominally under the control of the local government. Based on the history that we were told there was no intent on the part of Gage to disarm the locals but only to seize the armories. Armories that technically belonged to the crown.

Here is the deal. Even is Palin was correct you can tell buy her answer that she was guessing. She then went on to blame the media and a gotcha question. Had she known her history she would have stuck to her guns (no pun intended) and debated her position. The other point is that she has a history of making stupid remarks and then blaming the media. Sarah Palins worst enemy is her mouth. She does not know when to shut up.

Sorry DD!
She got those lines from a history briefing at the museum!
From someone who knows history.
Don't just be a hater too!

diverdog
6/7/2011, 05:42 PM
Palin is smarter and more accomplished than most on this board and especially those who think she is dumb. That's got to sting the ego a bit.

Smarter....no

Ruthless self promoter and media whore.....yes

If she looked like a pig you guys wouldn't give her a moments notice.

diverdog
6/7/2011, 05:45 PM
Sorry DD!
She got those lines from a history briefing at the museum!
From someone who knows history.
Don't just be a hater too!

Sorry cruiser I went to the same museums and they did not say anything of the sort.

Revere did not set out on his ride to warn the British. He did not shoot off a gun or ring a bell. He was on a covert mission to warn Hancock and Samuel Adams to get the hell out of dodge before they were captured and hanged. Her version makes it sound like Revere was a traitor, riding his horse around a "town" shooting of guns and ringing bells. That sounds more like the act of a drunken man celebrating his wedding night.

Scott D
6/7/2011, 06:16 PM
Palin is smarter and more accomplished than most on this board and especially those who think she is dumb. That's got to sting the ego a bit.

gosh I wish I was a terrible sportscaster and attempted to win a beauty pageant then ran for governor.

At this rate, I'm thinking a lot more of Lisa Ann than Sarah Palin...one of them seems to know that their whoring is how they make their money.

OhU1
6/7/2011, 06:36 PM

Yeah, Sarah school hopped from various community college level institutions in Hawaii and Idaho to get a degree in journalism. Impressive. Most on this board could never hope to do as well. :)

lexsooner
6/7/2011, 07:03 PM
Yeah, Sarah school hopped from various community college level institutions in Hawaii and Idaho to get a degree in journalism. Impressive. Most on this board could never hope to do as well. :)

This is not to mention that really successful dude she married, Todd. I would never think he looks like an ATV accident waiting to happen! And she has a teen mom daughter to boot. Yes, they all have Winner written all over them.

soonercruiser
6/7/2011, 09:02 PM

Alinskyian tactic of attack the messenger for spelling!!!!!
WTG Profit! You are real piece of work!
Simply keep spewing the LW talking points and see if it helps the country!
Duh!

Show me Obama's grades from College and Prof school!
See if they stack up to mine! (3rd in class of 60)

soonercruiser
6/7/2011, 09:04 PM

Profit is definately injured!
:D
He's like Obama....just can't deal with "it"!

soonercruiser
6/7/2011, 09:06 PM
Smarter....no

Ruthless self promoter and media whore.....yes

If she looked like a pig you guys wouldn't give her a moments notice.

Just more LW "Hate"!
Give me your full description of Nanci Peeloski!

soonercruiser
6/7/2011, 09:08 PM
This is not to mention that really successful dude she married, Todd. I would never think he looks like an ATV accident waiting to happen! And she has a teen mom daughter to boot. Yes, they all have Winner written all over them.

You guys are really sick, and need professional help!
If you have some healthcare coverage for mental illnesses, my professional adivce is go get a referral before Obamacare kicks in.

A Sooner in Texas
6/7/2011, 09:40 PM
Time to refill your prescription again, Cruiser?

Boarder
6/7/2011, 11:31 PM
Alinskyian tactic of attack the messenger for spelling!!!!!
WTG Profit! You are real piece of work!
Simply keep spewing the LW talking points and see if it helps the country!
Duh!

Show me Obama's grades from College and Prof school!
See if they stack up to mine! (3rd in class of 60)

So would this be irony or hypocritical? I always confuse them.

The Profit
6/8/2011, 08:57 AM
Time to refill your prescription again, Cruiser?

He has been like this ever since he was forced to give up his beloved PT Cruiser.

Now he is at the point of comparing his feeble West Virginia education to that of a former president of Harvard Law Review.

Scott D
6/8/2011, 04:50 PM
I still fail to see why anyone would need therapy after giving up one of those vehicular abortions.