PDA

View Full Version : Homeowner Foreclosures on Bank of America

olevetonahill
6/6/2011, 09:50 PM
Peeps paid CASH fer their shack, BA foreclosed on em. They sued and won. Then foreclosed on the Bank . I love it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20110606/us_time/httpmoneylandtimecom20110606homeownerforeclosesonb ankofamericayesyouheardthatrightxidrssfullnationya hoo

olevetonahill
6/6/2011, 10:18 PM
I was just about to post this story.

Beat ya like a Red headed step child .:D

AlboSooner
6/6/2011, 10:21 PM
This is unlike Bank of America. They usually pay quickly. See wikileaks case. I wonder how much did they paid to keep asange quiet.

MsProudSooner2
6/6/2011, 10:31 PM
Is Bank of America the most dysfunctional, poorly managed bank in the world?

Those people didn't get enough money. It would take at least 6 figures to catch BoA's attention.

OUinFLA
6/6/2011, 10:39 PM
Here in Florida, if you obtain a judgement against someone and they don't pay right away, it accrues at 6% interest indefinately.

Being as I only earn about .5% on short term CD's, I would have considered a delay in enforcing judgment until rates on CD's increased closer to 6%.

Of course, you risk BoA filing bankruptcy (probably for larger debts than this :) )

edited: as the spelling police are running amok :D

sooner59
6/6/2011, 10:46 PM
LOL! That's awesome. Imagine what the bank management was thinking when the attorney showed up with the sheriff and started taking money, computers, furniture, etc. That would be a site to see.

pphilfran
6/7/2011, 04:35 AM
To be fair, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency's sweeping investigation into the robo-signing scandal concluded that only a small number of foreclosures actually took place wrongfully, and that even those were only wrongful because of an intervening law or event (like a bankruptcy filing by the homeowners), not because the mortgage payments weren't actually delinquent.

olevetonahill
6/7/2011, 10:40 AM
To be fair, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency's sweeping investigation into the robo-signing scandal concluded that only a small number of foreclosures actually took place wrongfully, and that even those were only wrongful because of an intervening law or event (like a bankruptcy filing by the homeowners), not because the mortgage payments weren't actually delinquent.

This statement has WHAT to do with this article? These people paid CASH for their property and BA tried to foreclose on THEM.

pphilfran
6/7/2011, 10:43 AM
This statement has WHAT to do with this article? These people paid CASH for their property and BA tried to foreclose on THEM.

It CAME from the article....:D

soonersweetie
6/7/2011, 04:44 PM
I'm glad they stood up to BofA. Banks are evil.

pphilfran
6/7/2011, 04:47 PM
I'm glad they stood up to BofA. Banks are evil.

Vet...this is the reason I made the post....

olevetonahill
6/7/2011, 05:34 PM
Vet...this is the reason I made the post....

Thats cool

OhU1
6/7/2011, 10:29 PM
BAC stock is at $10.60 a share, a 52 week low. .52 price to book.

Time to buy?

Hot Rod
6/8/2011, 07:20 AM
"The original request went to an outside attorney who is no longer in business."

Similarly, while one or even several of the Nyerges' efforts to get B of A to pay the court judgment might have gone to the defunct lawyer's office, the Nyerges say they actually submitted their pleas directly to the bank, multiple times, to no avail: "I talked to branch managers, I called anyone who would listen to me," the couple told the Naples News. "And I wrote a certified letter to the president (of the bank). No response, nothing."

Hmmmm....?