PDA

View Full Version : 20 most desirable coaching jobs article...

Soonermagik
6/6/2011, 09:18 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/andy_staples/06/03/best-college-football-jobs/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t11_a1

I think OU jumps to # 2 after the OSU fall. Wow, that would put OU & the Whorns at 1 & 2.

btb916
6/6/2011, 10:04 PM
I cannot say I agree with that list. Number 1 and number 3 should be switched, and number 20...well, seriously?

SoonerofAlabama
6/6/2011, 10:11 PM
Oklahoma State is getting way too much undeserved credit lately. Good for one season and then they are all of a sudden a top 20 program? Wild. But they have had so much bad to happen to them that I almost feel sorry for them, until I watch videos and read stories about Pokes and then I am back to normal. Arizona and AZ State shouldn't really be on there. Ohio State should fall hard off of the list. Tejas should probably be #1 though. Hey with a coach possibly on the hot seat, there will be many out there that want a shot with them. And I still don't know why Georgia gets known as this great school.

agoo758
6/6/2011, 11:39 PM
Oklahoma State is getting way too much undeserved credit lately. Good for one season and then they are all of a sudden a top 20 program? Wild. But they have had so much bad to happen to them that I almost feel sorry for them, until I watch videos and read stories about Pokes and then I am back to normal. Arizona and AZ State shouldn't really be on there. Ohio State should fall hard off of the list. Tejas should probably be #1 though. Hey with a coach possibly on the hot seat, there will be many out there that want a shot with them. And I still don't know why Georgia gets known as this great school.

With a decent paycheck, much improved program, good facilities and a passionate (if inherently stupid) fan base, it's really not a bad gig.

SoonerinSouthlake
6/6/2011, 11:54 PM
exacty why Bob never leaves for another college job

yermom
6/7/2011, 12:18 AM
you gotta admit, the last decade hasn't been that bad for OSU

i mean even in 2009 we were dogs to beat them in Norman

Soonermagik
6/7/2011, 09:25 AM
I think Ohio State will drop to 10 or so. I think Bama should be higher and I don't get Georgia at all.

Dio
6/7/2011, 12:41 PM
Texas essentially runs a major conference.

How can you run a conference if you only win it sporadically?

Bourbon St Sooner
6/7/2011, 01:14 PM
I would put aTm on that list before orange aggie. I mean I guess some recruits may be into ****ting in a golden toilet, but how many want to play in front of 30,000 fans on a regular basis?