PDA

View Full Version : If USC wasn't on probation.....

Soonermagik
6/6/2011, 08:19 PM
Would we have gotten Kenny Stills or Brennan Clay? If Pete was still at USC I don't see Stills or Clay heading to OU. I think with Ohio State & USC getting hammered it will only help our recruiting.

mightysooner
6/6/2011, 08:21 PM
I didn't know we recruited in Ohio. Ohio's demise will help other Big 10 teams more than it does us I'd imagine...

USC wasn't exactly setting the world on fire the last two years of Carrol's tenure.

Soonermagik
6/6/2011, 08:37 PM
I didn't know we recruited in Ohio. Ohio's demise will help other Big 10 teams more than it does us I'd imagine...

USC wasn't exactly setting the world on fire the last two years of Carrol's tenure.

Maybe not, but he was a heck of a recruiter. I think Bob might be able to steal a player or two out of Ohio since he's from the area. Before the disaster at OSU no one would steal anyone from that state. I think Ohio is now open and ready for the taking.

goingoneight
6/6/2011, 08:38 PM
You forgot Tony Jerfferson. :D

meoveryouxinfinity
6/6/2011, 09:36 PM
Kenny told me he would have gone to USC if they didn't have all the allegations going on. Prob same for Jefferson and clay. USC is attractive to 18 year olds. The fb players legitimately run around with the stars.

Soonermagik
6/6/2011, 09:44 PM
Kenny told me he would have gone to USC if they didn't have all the allegations going on. Prob same for Jefferson and clay. USC is attractive to 18 year olds. The fb players legitimately run around with the stars.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Dang, I forgot about TJ, too!! I hated Reggie Bush in 2005, but now we are cool. ;) :D

Salt City Sooner
6/6/2011, 10:13 PM
Don't know about Jefferson. I remember reading an article that talked about him taking an official to UCLA when they were playing the Trojans. He went into USC's locker room after the game wearing a Bruin hat (he said he honestly forgot he had it on, FWIW) & they ran his arse outta there on a rail (& not in a joking way either).

AlboSooner
6/6/2011, 10:31 PM
Don't know about Jefferson. I remember reading an article that talked about him taking an official to UCLA when they were playing the Trojans. He went into USC's locker room after the game wearing a Bruin hat (he said he honestly forgot he had it on, FWIW) & they ran his arse outta there on a rail (& not in a joking way either).

I have read the same thing

meoveryouxinfinity
6/6/2011, 10:36 PM
I remember that story, had forgotten it was Jefferson though. Didnt Little Barry Sanders wear a Texas hat when he was an official recruit- guest of OU at the RRS? something like that...

Eielson
6/6/2011, 10:44 PM
I have read the same thing

I heard he was wearing a USC sweatshirt to his UCLA visit, and that the UCLA players cussed him out for it, which made him eliminate UCLA.

Fraggle145
6/6/2011, 11:18 PM
After setting foot on USC's campus for about a week I can understand why recruits want to go there.

SoonerofAlabama
6/6/2011, 11:25 PM
It's not like it matters. USC recruits tons of players. And this year, they had to get rid of several of those recruits anyways, but that is another story. If they went ot USC, they would probably be second-teamers because of the bounty of players they get. It is easy to recruit when you are the main team in a very powerful recruiting state. I still think the state of Tejas has the best recruitable players, but Claifornia is a close second.

SoonerinSouthlake
6/6/2011, 11:25 PM
After setting foot on USC's campus for about a week I can understand why recruits want to go there.

indeed
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/6748/uscsonggirls.jpg

PLaw
6/7/2011, 06:49 AM
indeed
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/6748/uscsonggirls.jpg

Yep, a neighbor of mine is married to a SC sweater girl. Not much between the ears, but after all these years she still looks darn good.

BOOMER

JLEW1818
6/7/2011, 08:31 AM
Yep, a neighbor of mine is married to a SC sweater girl. Not much between the ears, but after all these years she still looks darn good.

BOOMER

pics?
:hot: :pop:

meoveryouxinfinity
6/7/2011, 08:46 AM
let me be the first to say that the girls in that pic are 6's. Cheerleader effect.

JLEW1818
6/7/2011, 08:49 AM
let me be the first to say that the girls in that pic are 6's. Cheerleader effect.

and I'll be the 9

stoops the eternal pimp
6/7/2011, 09:06 AM
you are such a loser jlew...

Soonermagik
6/7/2011, 09:29 AM
and I'll be the 9

Lol

Mad Dog Madsen
6/7/2011, 09:59 AM
I didn't think Stills or Clay had an SC offer? I believe Tony Jefferson was the only one IIRC...

meoveryouxinfinity
6/7/2011, 11:31 AM
and I'll be the 9

what's that mean? :confused: :confused: please explain

:D

meoveryouxinfinity
6/7/2011, 11:32 AM
I didn't think Stills or Clay had an SC offer? I believe Tony Jefferson was the only one IIRC...

Maybe it's the Mack Brown "we'll offer you if you commit" kind of thing.

SoonerofAlabama
6/7/2011, 11:37 AM
Tj had offers from the USC Trojans, Michigan Wolverines, UCLA Bruins, Arizona Wildcats, and Florida Gators.

Brennan Clay had offers from the Oregon Ducks, Michigan Wolverines, Stanford Cardinal, California Golden Bears, and Georgia Bulldogs.

Kenny Stills had offers from the Florida Gators, Michigan Wolverines, California Golden Bears, UCLA Bruins, and Miami (FL) Hurricanes.

meoveryouxinfinity
6/7/2011, 11:53 AM
Tj had offers from the USC Trojans, Michigan Wolverines, UCLA Bruins, Arizona Wildcats, and Florida Gators.

Brennan Clay had offers from the Oregon Ducks, Michigan Wolverines, Stanford Cardinal, California Golden Bears, and Georgia Bulldogs.

Kenny Stills had offers from the Florida Gators, Michigan Wolverines, California Golden Bears, UCLA Bruins, and Miami (FL) Hurricanes.

Just because they don't have an official offer doesn't mean the school didn't want them. Brennan Clay didn't have an offer from Oklahoma State. Do you think it's because they thought he was a scrub?? Usually if the kid doesn't show interest (attend your camps, send you tape, etc), you don't offer.

These kids were probably freshman in HS when the whole USC investigation began.

Which leads me to another point. Why should current players have to deal with the consequences that Pete Carroll, Reggie Bush, etc. imposed?? I guess if a recruit was dumb enough (or being lied to enough) to attend USC regardless of looming NCAA sanctions it is kind of their fault.

BoulderSooner79
6/7/2011, 12:19 PM
Which leads me to another point. Why should current players have to deal with the consequences that Pete Carroll, Reggie Bush, etc. imposed?? I guess if a recruit was dumb enough (or being lied to enough) to attend USC regardless of looming NCAA sanctions it is kind of their fault.

Because it's an imperfect world and time machines don't exist. The only lever the NCAA has is that the program cares about the long term and not just the current team. The pride you see here about the history of the OU program proves that is a valid assumption. We have a poll going on right now about our best coach ever and it goes back to the '50s. But a kid picking a school must judge what kind of program he is getting into and I guarantee every kid that went to USC had lots of offers. If nothing tipped them off that USC might be getting in trouble, then it's just a "life's not fair" situation.

NormanPride
6/7/2011, 12:34 PM
Stills and Clay were ours early. Jefferson probably would have gone to USC, though. Sad, because he's awesome and they are *******s.

Soonermagik
6/7/2011, 07:21 PM
It will be interesting to see who has the better career: Jefferson vs Stills.

BoulderSooner79
6/7/2011, 07:35 PM
It will be interesting to see who has the better career: Jefferson vs Stills.

We already know who is more adept at twitter !