PDA

View Full Version : Don't Text During a Movie!!

Wishboned
6/6/2011, 05:52 PM
The Alamo Drafthouse in Austin made this PSA after a woman left a voicemail after getting kicked out for texting.

NSFW

1L3eeC2lJZs

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/06/06/alamo-drafthouse-texting-video/

yankee
6/6/2011, 06:02 PM
Haha that's great. I'm going to ATX with some friends in a couple weeks and one of the things on our to do list is the Alama Drafthouse. Looking forward to it. Anyone ever been?

rekamrettuB
6/6/2011, 06:50 PM
So was she using her phone as a flashlight or texting? She started her argument as using it as a flashlight then went on to say when she was texting it was on silent.

rekamrettuB
6/6/2011, 06:51 PM
Haha that's great. I'm going to ATX with some friends in a couple weeks and one of the things on our to do list is the Alama Drafthouse. Looking forward to it. Anyone ever been?

From what I hear it's a little crappy *** theatre.

soonerhubs
6/6/2011, 07:47 PM
From what I hear it's a little crappy *** theatre.

With one less ****ty-assed customer. I detest theater texters.

lexsooner
6/6/2011, 08:01 PM
So was she using her phone as a flashlight or texting? She started her argument as using it as a flashlight then went on to say when she was texting it was on silent.

Dang UT student can't get her story straight!

A Sooner in Texas
6/6/2011, 08:10 PM
Good for the Drafthouse.

And good for Frances McDormand, who recently stopped a play in which she was acting, when a woman in the audience actually answered her cell phone:

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/dailymusto/2011/05/frances_mcdorma_1.php

Wishboned
6/6/2011, 09:10 PM
Good for the Drafthouse.

And good for Frances McDormand, who recently stopped a play in which she was acting, when a woman in the audience actually answered her cell phone:

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/dailymusto/2011/05/frances_mcdorma_1.php

Hugh Jackman did that as well a while back.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/33060147/ns/today-entertainment/t/jackman-stops-play-chide-cell-phone-offender/

A Sooner in Texas
6/6/2011, 09:11 PM
Hugh Jackman did that as well a while back.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/33060147/ns/today-entertainment/t/jackman-stops-play-chide-cell-phone-offender/

I love Wolverine.

C&CDean
6/6/2011, 09:14 PM
If you leave your phone turned on during a movie or play you are a ****ing piece of doleo ****. If you actually text, or answer/place a call during said movie or play you are an even bigger piece of yermom ****.

I swear to God I don't get the non-stop, 24/7 infatuation some of you dweebs have with your phone. Put the ****ing thing down. At least for 1 hour, 37 minutes of a galdamn movie. You phone humpers suck big dong.

jk the sooner fan
6/6/2011, 09:15 PM
somebody texted during a Potter movie right?

C&CDean
6/6/2011, 09:45 PM
somebody texted during a Potter movie right?

The King's Speech. I have a hard enough time understanding them ****ing brits to begin with then this dumb, fat bitch decides it's time to call her boyfriend...

mgsooner
6/6/2011, 10:51 PM
Awhile back I posted about the generally pathetic behavior of people (mostly young people) in movie theaters these days. I go to maybe 1-2 movies a year, and at least the last 4-5 of them have been marred by dumbasses talking to each other or talking on their phones during the movie.

cantwait48
6/6/2011, 11:29 PM
The King's Speech. I have a hard enough time understanding them ****ing brits to begin with then this dumb, fat bitch decides it's time to call her boyfriend...

I have that same problem, I love british tv shows like doctor who, sherlock and little britain but I only catch about 3/4s of what they say

yermom
6/7/2011, 12:09 AM
If you leave your phone turned on during a movie or play you are a ****ing piece of doleo ****. If you actually text, or answer/place a call during said movie or play you are an even bigger piece of yermom ****.

I swear to God I don't get the non-stop, 24/7 infatuation some of you dweebs have with your phone. Put the ****ing thing down. At least for 1 hour, 37 minutes of a galdamn movie. You phone humpers suck big dong.

i'll kindly ask you to not use my name in vain, and i'm fairly sure doleo is more of a phone nazi than i am in the theater

i'm in the theater to watch the movie, not hear you on your phone, or listen to your snotnosed kid.

Warren theaters FTW! they manage to keep the riff raff out somehow.

if i'm ever in Austin again, i'll have to check out this theater :D

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2011, 07:17 AM

i cant remember which queen elizabeth movie it was - but i have some hearing loss in my left ear from noise exposure in the military - and those brit movies where they have "low talk" - i might as well not go - or wait till they come out on dvd so i can crank the volume all the way up on my tv

C&CDean
6/7/2011, 07:41 AM
i cant remember which queen elizabeth movie it was - but i have some hearing loss in my left ear from noise exposure in the military - and those brit movies where they have "low talk" - i might as well not go - or wait till they come out on dvd so i can crank the volume all the way up on my tv

I'll be going to the VA here pretty soon to get the hearing deal looked at. It's been pretty bad for several years. I usually have to watch a British flick 2-3 times to get all the diaglogue.

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2011, 07:43 AM
i got 0% for hearing loss even though the audiogram when i enlisted in 83 is markedly different from the one that was taken when i retired in 04....not to mention the fact that i was in an MOS that was designated as a "high noise exposure"......doesnt make sense, but i'm lead to believe that its a standard that the VA does squat for hearing loss - as its rarely service connected

good luck with that - let me know what they do for you - i'd be curious to know

The Profit
6/7/2011, 07:51 AM
My wife gets nervous when someone fires up their cell phone in the movie theater because she knows I am going to say something. I will usually just say something like, "Jesus Christ, what an inconsiderate bitch (or bastard)." If they are sitting really close, I will ask them to go into the lobby to play with their phone. I don't pay $8.00 (plus concessions) to have someone's bright phone light distract me from a movie.

Hot Rod
6/7/2011, 07:53 AM
My wife gets nervous when someone fires up their cell phone in the movie theater because she knows I am going to say something. I will usually just say something like, "Jesus Christ, what an inconsiderate bitch (or bastard)." If they are sitting really close, I will ask them to go into the lobby to play with their phone. I don't pay $8.00 (plus concessions) to have someone's bright phone light distract me from a movie.

My wife is the same way, because I can't stand when other people aren't considerate. We go to the Warren for the majority of the movies and with all the leg room, I still won't tolerate my seat getting kicked on either.

C&CDean
6/7/2011, 07:55 AM
The VA is a funny group. I have a co-worker - oops, I mean ex-co-worker :) who gets 10% and my hearing is much worse than his. He was in the Navy for 4 years in the late 60's/early 70's.

Even funnier, when my pop died he wasn't drawing anything from the VA. Just his military retirement. They didn't take survivor benefits when he retired in 1968 (4 hungry mouths to feed, etc.). So when he died, no more military retirement for mom. Then, the doctor determined his cause of death on his death certificate to be "dementia with lewy bodies as a direct result of repeated contact with agent orange while serving in Southeast Asia."

He was building runways for a couple tours in Bien Hoa in 1965-1967. They sprayed right on top of them while they were driving their dozers/scrapers nearly every day. Next thing mom knows is she gets some paperwork to fill out and now she draws a pension from the VA that is more than his military retirement would have been if they'd have done survivor bennies. Weird ****.

olevetonahill
6/7/2011, 07:55 AM
I'll be going to the VA here pretty soon to get the hearing deal looked at. It's been pretty bad for several years. I usually have to watch a British flick 2-3 times to get all the diaglogue.

i got 0% for hearing loss even though the audiogram when i enlisted in 83 is markedly different from the one that was taken when i retired in 04....not to mention the fact that i was in an MOS that was designated as a "high noise exposure"......doesnt make sense, but i'm lead to believe that its a standard that the VA does squat for hearing loss - as its rarely service connected

good luck with that - let me know what they do for you - i'd be curious to know

If its not service connected they wont do anything for hearing loss Nor dental nor vision. Unless your 100%. or 80 % and deemed unemployable

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2011, 07:57 AM
i had to appeal my first ruling - they didnt service connect my ankle surgery because the doctor that did my retirement physical wrote down the wrong ankle on the form - so my claim didnt match his notes....so i went from 20% to 40%

what kills me is that they routinely give you 5 to 10% for hemorrhoids but nothing for hearing loss

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2011, 07:58 AM
If its not service connected they wont do anything for hearing loss Nor dental nor vision. Unless your 100%. or 80 % and deemed unemployable

yes, i'm fully aware of this

my point was that i dont understand how hearing loss suffered during 21 years of active duty service isnt "service connected"

olevetonahill
6/7/2011, 08:02 AM

my point was that i dont understand how hearing loss suffered during 21 years of active duty service isnt "service connected"

You have to file a claim for it, Then fight em. If you've waited to long yer just SOL.

yermom
6/7/2011, 08:03 AM

huh?

yermom
6/7/2011, 08:05 AM
seriously though, a lot of theaters will have a hearing impaired station where you can plug in a headset. i know the pirates liked to use them in the past...

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2011, 08:06 AM
You have to file a claim for it, Then fight em. If you've waited to long yer just SOL.

really? file a claim?

gee i didnt know :rolleyes:

olevetonahill
6/7/2011, 08:10 AM
really? file a claim?

gee i didnt know :rolleyes:

You are the Master at being a condescending prick aint ya.:rolleyes:

C&CDean
6/7/2011, 08:12 AM

Everybody has to have a schtick. JK excels at his.

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2011, 08:13 AM

i realize you're the master at using the VA - but i know a thing or two about a thing or two where the VA is concerned

you're bound and determined to point out that i dont know what i'm doing or talking about - telling me i have to file a claim - well no **** sherlock

C&CDean
6/7/2011, 08:14 AM
see^^^

olevetonahill
6/7/2011, 08:15 AM
Everybody has to have a schtick. JK excels at his.

Wonder why he just dont go and **** himself?

olevetonahill
6/7/2011, 08:15 AM
i realize you're the master at using the VA - but i know a thing or two about a thing or two where the VA is concerned

you're bound and determined to point out that i dont know what i'm doing or talking about - telling me i have to file a claim - well no **** sherlock

:rolleyes: :D

The Profit
6/7/2011, 08:16 AM

Probably doesn't work, but it is more than likely covered by VA.

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2011, 08:16 AM

i wonder the very same about you cletus

olevetonahill
6/7/2011, 08:17 AM
i wonder the very same about you cletus

Now Im wounded to my core.:D

The Profit
6/7/2011, 08:19 AM
You have to admit that "Cletus" was a nice touch.

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2011, 08:19 AM
Now Im wounded to my core.:D

me too........me......too

C&CDean
6/7/2011, 08:20 AM
You have to admit that "Cletus" was a nice touch.

Why? His name is Howard. If I called you dickface would that be a "nice touch?"

I will admit though that the vet plays his schtick to perfection as well.

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2011, 08:21 AM

dickface DOES have a nice ring to it.....

The Profit
6/7/2011, 08:22 AM

There is a little bit of difference between dickface and cletus, and I have been called much worse than dickface, especially when I tell some spermsucker to turn off his frigging cell phone in the movie house.

olevetonahill
6/7/2011, 08:23 AM

;) :D

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2011, 08:25 AM
There is a little bit of difference between dickface and cletus, and I have been called much worse than dickface, especially when I tell some spermsucker to turn off his frigging cell phone in the movie house.

spermsucker?

jeebus you get right to it dont you?

The Profit
6/7/2011, 08:26 AM
spermsucker?

jeebus you get right to it dont you?

Life is short, bud.

Spray
6/7/2011, 08:32 AM

I always tease my wife because we have to put closed caption on for the movies with thick British/Scottish/Irish accents. I'm always like, "What? You can't understand English? Only speak American?"

HA HA HA HA! I crack myself up, I'm so witty.

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2011, 08:34 AM
the movies where they whisper drive me crazy - and my wife because i'm constantly asking 'what did they say'

then i get this "special look" from her

C&CDean
6/7/2011, 08:36 AM
Yup. When I converse with brits or aussies I have no problem. When it's on the movie or TV I gotta crank it up.

The Profit
6/7/2011, 08:37 AM
the movies where they whisper drive me crazy - and my wife because i'm constantly asking 'what did they say'

then i get this "special look" from her

I agree. I also hate directors' obsession with filming in the dark, or maybe I need glasses as much as you old farts need hearing aids.

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2011, 08:39 AM
what was that CIA movie that Matt Damon was in several years ago - can't think of the name of it - but lord - they went well over the whisper quota in that one - and its a bit of a slow movie but a good story (imo) - i've watched it several times and still dont feel like i've heard all the dialogue

stoops the eternal pimp
6/7/2011, 08:41 AM
I conference call people on my blackberry while updating facebook and texting with my iPhone during movies......

Fish&Game
6/7/2011, 09:14 AM
Movie theatre should invest in some sort of scrambler to mess up phone signals inside the theatre.

rekamrettuB
6/7/2011, 09:44 AM
Movie theatre should invest in some sort of scrambler to mess up phone signals inside the theatre.

I like what you are saying but doctors and their patients might have a problem with that.

Speaking of theatres, I think every screen should have its own bathrooms and in said bathrooms they are playing your movie...at the very least the sound but really need a couple TVs airing it.

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2011, 09:49 AM

that would have sucked for me back when i was tethered to a phone/pager 24/7 in my job

i can put both on silence but there were times i had to get up and step outside to take a work related call

Position Limit
6/7/2011, 09:57 AM
that would have sucked for me back when i was tethered to a phone/pager 24/7 in my job

i can put both on silence but there were times i had to get up and step outside to take a work related call

so you were taking in a movie while on the job? nice. sounds like real important work.

i find it to be a very sad commentary that the second a plane lands, over half the passengers whip out their stupid phones and get involved with their less than important lives. highly annoying.

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2011, 10:01 AM
so you were taking in a movie while on the job? nice. sounds like real important work.

i find it to be a very sad commentary that the second a plane lands, over half the passengers whip out their stupid phones and get involved with their less than important lives. highly annoying.

i was on call 24/7 in my old job -unless i was on official leave- i was subject to being called whether i was at my kid's baseball game, or a movie with my wife

if you call that "on the job" - then so be it

The Profit
6/7/2011, 10:07 AM
I like what you are saying but doctors and their patients might have a problem with that.

Speaking of theatres, I think every screen should have its own bathrooms and in said bathrooms they are playing your movie...at the very least the sound but really need a couple TVs airing it.

Good God, can't you **** before the movie starts. Almost as irritating as cell phones, are those weak bladdered dickheads (okay, I like the word) that have to get up during a movie. Here is a hint. If you can't hold it, don't drink a 48 ounce soda during the frigging previews. Either that, or get that prostate checked out before it kills you.

rekamrettuB
6/7/2011, 10:17 AM
Good God, can't you **** before the movie starts. Almost as irritating as cell phones, are those weak bladdered dickheads (okay, I like the word) that have to get up during a movie. Here is a hint. If you can't hold it, don't drink a 48 ounce soda during the frigging previews. Either that, or get that prostate checked out before it kills you.

I'm usually good myself but every now and then a mean one starts knocking at the backdoor if you know what I mean. If you don't know what I mean, it means I gots to poo. Plus, if I have to pee, I go pee. No reason contracting uromysitisis because you are too perturbed to move your knees about 6 inches.

Wishboned
6/7/2011, 11:00 AM

Then they can stay home and wait for it to be released on home video.

soonerboomer93
6/7/2011, 11:05 AM

I leave my phone on during movies. Of course, the only time I have the ringer on is if I've put out a software update during the night and just have it on incase I get a call before I crawl my *** out of bed.

Otherwise the sound of my phone ringing tends to **** me off.

NormanPride
6/7/2011, 11:43 AM
No talking
No texting
No phones
No peeing
Fox only
Final Destination

soonerbrat
6/7/2011, 12:35 PM

i'm sorry....it'll never happen again, we broke up.

Penguin
6/7/2011, 01:40 PM
I wish to God that they quit selling popcorn at the movies. I always get stuck with a mouth breather sitting behind me crunching on his popcorn with his mouth open for at least the first half of the movie. I demand total silence and total darkness. :mad:

Cheez-It
6/7/2011, 02:22 PM
She has a potty mouth.

soonerbrat
6/7/2011, 02:55 PM

you need some of these:

Click (http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665157965&XID=O:MDR%20RF925RK:dg_pa_gglsrch)

Jacie
6/7/2011, 04:16 PM
what was that CIA movie that Matt Damon was in several years ago - can't think of the name of it - but lord - they went well over the whisper quota in that one - and its a bit of a slow movie but a good story (imo) - i've watched it several times and still dont feel like i've heard all the dialogue

Was it any of the Jason Bourne movies? The first one was pretty good.

Cheez-It
6/7/2011, 04:20 PM

The Good Shepherd.

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2011, 04:49 PM
The Good Shepherd.

this!

thank you

Sooner_Tuf
6/7/2011, 10:43 PM

But did you answer? :D