PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS: Dad embarrasses son

NormanPride
6/6/2011, 10:46 AM
http://www.deseretnews.com/mobile/article/705373877/Teens-dad-spends-school-year-waving-at-bus-embarrassing-son.html

AMERICAN FORK — No matter how cool a teenager's mom and dad might be, few teens get through high school without feeling their parents embarrassed them.

And one teen has his dad to thank for embarrassing him the entire school year — well, 170 days of it.

When the high school's bus routes changed this year, 16-year-old Rain Price soon found out he'd be going right past his house every single morning. Much to his chagrin, he also found out his dad would be standing outside, waving.

"When he did it the first day, I was in shock," Rain said. "It's my first day of my sophomore year."

The embarrassment was a thrill for his father.

The second day of school, there he was again, only this time Price was wearing a San Diego Chargers helmet and jersey. Day three, it was an Anakin Skywalker helmet, and the next day, swim trunks and a snorkel mask.

Other kids started to take note.

"Most of them like it, and we roll down our windows and wave. It's fun," Rain said.

His dad admits it took a lot of effort to keep it up, but said it was "a way of letting him know that we really care about him, but do something a little different." He described it as "a father's way" of saying I love you.

It ended up being a daily tradition for him, with a new costume each and every day.

soonerchk
6/6/2011, 10:48 AM
I would have changed schools. No teenager wants to even acknowledge having parents, much less having other people see them!!!

thecynic
6/6/2011, 10:48 AM
sounds like the dad has some issues

Jammin'
6/6/2011, 10:50 AM
That's ****ing awesome. I've noted it on my calendar for the 23-24 school year. yes.

saucysoonergal
6/6/2011, 10:55 AM
That sounds like my dad. My friends all though he was hilarious.

NormanPride
6/6/2011, 10:56 AM
My parents were great about doing this kind of stuff to me. It was embarrassing, sure, but it's nice to know that they really care about you. :D

KantoSooner
6/6/2011, 10:56 AM
So, how high on the embarrassment scale would having your divorced dad dating your hot English teacher be?

Just askin'.

Theoretical only.

Mjcpr
6/6/2011, 11:00 AM
My parents were great about doing this kind of stuff to me. It was embarrassing, sure, but it's nice to know that they really care about you. :D

Mine didn't do this, but my friend's dad did. Including taking his sister to school in a beat-up POS with lights flashing and horn blaring. :D

soonerchk
6/6/2011, 11:04 AM
So, how high on the embarrassment scale would having your divorced dad dating your hot English teacher be?

Just askin'.

Theoretical only.

I'm going to say less embarrassing than having your dad walk out in a towel when you're making out with the cutest boy in school.

Theoretical only, of course.

yermom
6/6/2011, 11:11 AM
Sophomore year seems awful late for this prank :D

KantoSooner
6/6/2011, 11:43 AM
I'm going to say less embarrassing than having your dad walk out in a towel when you're making out with the cutest boy in school.

Theoretical only, of course.

Was your dad in shape? Did he high five the cute guy and offer him a beer? Did he grab your mom and offer to show 'Jr' 'how it's done'? All of these might have been worse, theoretically speaking.

soonerchk
6/6/2011, 11:53 AM
Was your dad in shape? Did he high five the cute guy and offer him a beer? Did he grab your mom and offer to show 'Jr' 'how it's done'? All of these might have been worse, theoretically speaking.

No, no, and it was pretty much a given that he had been showing Mom how it was done when he came outside.

Theoretical still of course.

Viking Kitten
6/6/2011, 12:07 PM
My dad, who was highly educated and spoke with no accent, used to do this thing where if we were in public and some obviously rich, popular upperclasswomen came near us, he would start talking like a total hick about how he was gonna go down to the Walmart and fetch me a right purdy prom dress.

My dad was honestly kind of a prick sometimes.

soonerchk
6/6/2011, 12:08 PM
My dad, who was highly educated and spoke with no accent, used to do this thing where if we were in public and some obviously rich, popular upperclasswomen came near us, he would start talking like a total hick about how he was gonna go down to the Walmart and fetch me a right purdy prom dress.

That's the kind of story that's hilarious when it didn't happen to you!

delhalew
6/6/2011, 12:13 PM
Some of you need to lighten up a little, and cut dear old dad a little slack. If you're his little girl, you own his *** anyway.

The exception might be chicks dad walking outside clearly post coitus.

Theoretically speaking of course.

KuppiKunta
6/6/2011, 12:14 PM
I feel like it's my duty to embarrass my teenage daughter, and it's a job I'm very good at!

soonerchk
6/6/2011, 12:28 PM
I feel like it's my duty to embarrass my teenage daughter, and it's a job I'm very good at!

It absolutely is your duty and probably even a God given right. I can promise you if my dad was still alive, he'd still be finding a way to make me cringe.

NormanPride
6/6/2011, 01:10 PM

You know, VK, they say that you end up marrying someone that is similar to your dad/mom depending on your gender. Does Czar like getting his hookers at wally world? Or at least brag loudly that he does?

Viking Kitten
6/6/2011, 01:15 PM
Czar is nothing like my dad. My dad buried 'em in the yard the old fashioned way. Czar is all high tech and uses a state-of-the-art garbage disposal.

No seriously, my dad was over the top. At our wedding, when the groom/groomsmen pictures were being taken, my dad was standing behind the photographer making obscene gestures at them. My dad (who was a Vietnam vet) went as a dead Marine for Halloween in 1983. The mad had issues.

NormanPride
6/6/2011, 01:18 PM
The key here is that you were charmed when he embarrassed you, yes?

Viking Kitten
6/6/2011, 01:20 PM
More often than not...yes. No one else had a dad like mine. Except Rain Price, apparently.

KantoSooner
6/6/2011, 02:27 PM
Ah, the good times. My sister rarely speaks to the rest of the family. Could it be because of when mom, dad and I started break dancing in a NYC subway train all around her when she was a jr in high school?
I think it might have been.

Jammin'
6/6/2011, 02:30 PM
Ah, the good times. My sister rarely speaks to the rest of the family. Could it be because of when mom, dad and I started break dancing in a NYC subway train all around her when she was a jr in high school?
I think it might have been.

The fact your parents can breakdance is a story in itself.

rekamrettuB
6/6/2011, 04:31 PM
Folks, we are missing something very strange here...

WHAT THE HELL IS AN ANAKIN SKYWALKER HELMET!?!

badger
6/6/2011, 04:33 PM
Folks, we are missing something very strange here...

WHAT THE HELL IS AN ANAKIN SKYWALKER HELMET!?!

I can't tell you without spoiling the story. Sorry.

If you don't care, basically, Scar frames Simba for the murder of Mufasa.

NormanPride
6/6/2011, 04:38 PM
And the cartoon rabbit steps in the poopie.

The
6/6/2011, 04:40 PM
And the cartoon rabbit steps in the poopie.

I just made some pizza rolls....

The Maestro
6/6/2011, 04:55 PM
Here are the pictures...

http://www.shine.yahoo.com/channel/parenting/dad-plays-best-prank-ever-on-teenage-son-2493685#photoViewer=1

pphilfran
6/6/2011, 04:56 PM
Those are great!

the-rover
6/6/2011, 09:28 PM
Saw the 1st pic without reading the article and thought "cool touch with the peg leg in the pirate outfit". Then saw the rest of the pics and thought "oh."

Wishboned
6/6/2011, 09:39 PM
Outstanding!

Spray
6/7/2011, 08:36 AM
My dad, who was highly educated and spoke with no accent...

Czar is nothing like my dad...

Hmmmm.....

rekamrettuB
6/7/2011, 09:45 AM
Saw the 1st pic without reading the article and thought "cool touch with the peg leg in the pirate outfit". Then saw the rest of the pics and thought "oh."

You....

Weren't....

The....

Only....

One...