PDA

View Full Version : West Point FB Player Beaten by Patti Labelle's Guards

sooner59
6/5/2011, 11:05 PM
The kid was oblivious that he was standing closer to her luggage than she was comfortable with at the airport, so she has her bodyguards "take care" of it. The kid ended up in the hospital with staples in his head. He possibly has career-ending injuries now, has been demoted to private and thrust into the queue for active duty because of this apparently.

After the incident, Labelle posed with police to take pictures next to the kid's blood on the ground. Class act I say. :rolleyes:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Ex-Army-CB-sues-Patti-LaBelle-in-wake-of-injurie?urn=ncaaf-wp2191

n his best-laid plans, Richard King was set to leave West Point next year as both a starting cornerback on the Cadet football team and a second lieutenant in the U.S. Army. Instead, in a span of a little less than three months, he's been inflicted with likely career-ending injuries, busted to private and thrust into the queue for active duty — all, according to a lawsuit filed this week, the consequences of an unexpected encounter with R&B diva Patti LaBelle after King landed in his native Houston for spring break on March 11:

King's lawsuit, obtained by the Associated Press, states, "Apparently, defendant LaBelle believed King was standing too close to her (no doubt expensive) luggage, even though he was oblivious to her presence and the danger he was in. LaBelle lowered the window of her limousine and gave a command to her bodyguards. They sprang into action."
[…]
A surveillance video from the airport provided by King's lawyer and reviewed by The Associated Press showed King, who is 6-foot-1 and 190 pounds, talking on a cell phone when one of LaBelle's bodyguards appeared to push up against him. It appeared that King then pushed him back. John Raley, one of King's lawyers, said King did not push back but was only trying to protect himself from a punch.

The bodyguard and two other individuals then pushed and punched King, hitting him in the face. King fell into a concrete pillar during the altercation. He tried to get up, staggered, tried to get back up and staggered again. King was taken away on a stretcher with blood on his shirt and a bandage on his head.

See the video of the incident here.

LaBelle's limo driver — her 37-year-old son — declined to press charges, but did file an initial complaint against King with Houston police, whose report of the incident (based on the driver's account) described King as drunk, belligerent and harassing the occupants of the limo. It also suggests King swung first at the driver when asked to step away, and that both the driver and an officer who arrived later "smelled the odor of alcohol on the suspect," which is the better explanation for why the person lying half-conscious on the pavement has to have charges dropped against him. (King and his lawyer said he had "a few drinks" on the plane but wasn't drunk, and only shoved a bodyguard to protect himself.) The less flattering explanation is that starstruck officers — one of whom was later caught on camera posing for a picture with LaBelle with King's spilled blood still on the pavement a few feet away — sided with celebrity.

Either way, King's immediate fate appears to be sealed. After the incident, the report filed by the driver was forwarded by Houston police to West Point, which subsequently decided to "outprocess" King "under an administrative action" — in civilian terms, to suspend him, drop his rank and ship him out under a program that enlists cadets who leave the academy after the beginning of their junior year for three years of active duty with an option to return to complete their degree at the end of the tour.

It's not clear what King's service will entail, but he told local news in Houston that he expects to be deployed in the next few months and hopes to return to the academy in 2013. "I'm going to do whatever my country tells me to do," he said. "I'm going to give it my all."

If his West Point career isn't over, though, his football career almost certainly is: According to the lawsuit, King suffered a concussion, has continued to experience lingering headaches and dizziness and — in light of a series of concussions that sidelined him for the entire 2009 season — has been told by doctors that he'll never play again. Last year, King returned to play in every game and intercept four passes as an occasional starter for the first decent Army outfit in 15 years. Here's hoping to even more success on his next team.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/philadelphiacbs3-15751053/lawsuit-claims-patti-labelle-directed-her-bodyguards-to-beat-west-point-cadet-25437134

MR2-Sooner86
6/5/2011, 11:25 PM
F*ck that worthless c*nt.

cantwait48
6/5/2011, 11:30 PM
I often wish I would have been beaten up by the beatles when they were still together so I could have owned the rights to some of their records, Patty Labelle, not so much.

lexsooner
6/6/2011, 08:25 AM
Sad case. It appears the cadet has a history of alcohol-related misconduct and was not going to be commissioned with his class. The fight with the body guards must have been the last straw. The police report listed the cadet as the instigator and stated he appeared to be intoxicated.

sappstuf
6/6/2011, 08:28 AM
Sad case. It appears the cadet has a history of alcohol-related misconduct and was not going to be commissioned with his class. The fight with the body guards must have been the last straw. The police report listed the cadet as the instigator and stated he appeared to be intoxicated.

Before or after the concussion?

lexsooner
6/6/2011, 08:31 AM
Before or after the concussion?

Well, the cops came on the scene after King was flat on his back, so after the concussion. He apparently reeked of alcohol.

Midtowner
6/6/2011, 08:40 AM
Alcohol has no odor...

olevetonahill
6/6/2011, 08:47 AM

Watch the Vid. Cadet is talking on his phone when the 2 dudes come up from behind and shove him, He shoves back and the beat the **** out of him :eek:

olevetonahill
6/6/2011, 08:54 AM
qfbQdxi43J4

Soonerfan88
6/6/2011, 08:55 AM
The police report is being questioned because of their actions on the scene - the photos with LaBelle, apparently acting 'starstruck' according to others. The video shows that he wasn't the instigator and didn't look sloppy drunk to me. Guy admits to having a couple of drinks on the plane but doubt that he reeking of alcohol.

And Lex, could you provide links to where is says he has a history and was not going to be commissioned before this incident? I haven't seen it anywhere.

GDC
6/6/2011, 08:59 AM
Who the **** is Patti Labelle?

olevetonahill
6/6/2011, 09:02 AM
The police report is being questioned because of their actions on the scene - the photos with LaBelle, apparently acting 'starstruck' according to others. The video shows that he wasn't the instigator and didn't look sloppy drunk to me. Guy admits to having a couple of drinks on the plane but doubt that he reeking of alcohol.

And Lex, could you provide links to where is says he has a history and was not going to be commissioned before this incident? I haven't seen it anywhere.

I read some where that he had had one drinkin episode before this , cant find it now

sappstuf
6/6/2011, 09:03 AM

http://www.halamovie.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/201105/ced36_patti-labelle.jpg

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt230/degaston/thats-a-man-baby-austin-powers.jpg

GDC
6/6/2011, 09:04 AM
Jesus H. Christ on a pogo stick, what a ****

Jammin'
6/6/2011, 09:19 AM
It has been reported the cadet said, "I never should have taken on her bodyguards On My Own."

cantwait48
6/6/2011, 09:20 AM
hate crime

Partial Qualifier
6/6/2011, 09:26 AM
WTF? Everything about this is disgusting. I hope he collects a truckfull of money from that yainch and her goons

dynersooner
6/6/2011, 09:39 AM
after the fight, i cant tell if he was drunk or concussed.

why did he run away from the feller in the cowboys hat?

TheHumanAlphabet
6/6/2011, 10:10 AM
So now he has a alcohol mark on his record and he is being "mentored" (I don't know what that means, never heard the term in military before). My guess is that he will do his time and will be unpromotable and will get out after his obligation.

The beyotch diva ruins a cadets career...

TheHumanAlphabet
6/6/2011, 10:12 AM

Hadn't heard that... He is a saint according to Houston media and is a "privilidged" person of heritage in Texas, his forebearers were big wigs at Texas Tech and aTm supposedly.

The police report fails to document that the cops were getting Patti Labelle photos and it was a big photo ops for all who responded. On video and a big brouhaha for HPD. One of the most ignorant police forces around... You don't want to need them...

I am a fan of police forces and respect them. HPD just has many problems.

saucysoonergal
6/6/2011, 10:12 AM
I hope he hired a great attorney. Lady Marmalade was a great song though!

Adrian
6/6/2011, 10:29 AM
Maybe her luggage had her secret stash of Twinkies...

saucysoonergal
6/6/2011, 10:39 AM
Too bad it wasn't Oprah! ;) You could hear the Brinks truck backing up to his front door.

OutlandTrophy
6/6/2011, 10:40 AM
Too bad it wasn't Oprah! ;) You could hear the Brinks truck backing up to his front door.

which surprisingly is the same sound Oprah makes when she backs up!

I'll be here all week folks.

cantwait48
6/6/2011, 10:43 AM
ha ha

oudavid1
6/6/2011, 10:53 AM
If this was a Navy guy those bodyguards would be pressing charges.

Jammin'
6/6/2011, 10:54 AM
If this was a Navy guy those bodyguards would be pressing charges for anal rape.

okay that's just weird.

jk the sooner fan
6/6/2011, 10:55 AM
weird, idiotic.....whatever it takes

oudavid1
6/6/2011, 11:02 AM
People always hating the Navy.

OutlandTrophy
6/6/2011, 11:03 AM
just imagine if the kid was a UCO student and not a West Point student? He probably would have ripped the limo in half!!!!!

Adrian
6/6/2011, 11:07 AM
just imagine if the kid was a UCO student and not a West Point student? He probably would have ripped the limo in half!!!!!

Then he would have tweeted a thousand word essay,,,

Dio
6/6/2011, 11:09 AM
Maybe the ensuing lawsuits will give her and her bodyguards a New Attitude.

oudavid1
6/6/2011, 12:33 PM

Do you have a problem with where I go to school?

Then he would have tweeted a thousand word essay,,,

Haters gonna hate.

OutlandTrophy
6/6/2011, 12:45 PM
Do you have a problem with where I go to school?

not at all, Broncho. Do you?

Adrian
6/6/2011, 02:14 PM
Haters gonna hate.

I was referring to mg sooner...

soonerboomer93
6/6/2011, 02:29 PM

all while doing live tweets about the incident

soonerboomer93
6/6/2011, 02:41 PM

watch the video, there's a change in his behavior after he's shoved into a cement column.

It also appears that the police wrote the report without reviewing the video

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8169508

Meanwhile, Dana King, a former airport operations security officer, said he witnessed the incident. "This kid was not a threat to anyone," King — no relation to the cadet — said Friday.

Dana King, who recently was laid off, said he was one of two operations security officers on traffic duty when he heard screaming and cursing.

"The guy was there with a cellphone to his ear. LaBelle's bunch was up there, standing at the rear of the limo," he said. "... Her window came down, and this guy comes over to elbow-shove him. His head hit that concrete, and after that he was basically a zombie."

King said he positioned himself in front of the limousine to keep it at the scene while the second airport officer tended to the injured man. When police arrived, both were sent back to traffic duties without being questioned by city officers, he said

Read more: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7594731.html#ixzz1OWiW0lMu

Bourbon St Sooner
6/6/2011, 04:09 PM

Are you Patti Labelle's press secretary?

pphilfran
6/6/2011, 04:50 PM
I would say there was a change in behavior...the f'r couldn't stand up...

oudavid1
6/6/2011, 05:16 PM
not at all, Broncho. Do you?

I think you have a problem with me. I like it.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/6/2011, 05:18 PM
People always hating the Navy.If you lived inside the ocean for 6-8 months at a time, wouldn't you come out weird?

oudavid1
6/6/2011, 06:23 PM
If you lived inside the ocean for 6-8 months at a time, wouldn't you come out weird?

I just always thought they had the coolest uniforms. All whites.

AlboSooner
6/6/2011, 07:36 PM

thought the same thing. i had to google.

MR2-Sooner86
6/6/2011, 08:03 PM
I just always thought they had the coolest uniforms. All whites.

Hmmmm....

http://www.laprogressive.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/kkk.gif

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/6/2011, 08:13 PM
Hmmmm....

http://www.laprogressive.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/kkk.gifDidn't know those folks had a navy!

Wait, aren't those emblems on their unis the CBR designation emblem?

Memtig14
6/6/2011, 09:12 PM
I guess he shouldn't have been standing there innocently. Perhaps if he had been with someone else robbing her with a gun ..... then he could have gotten some sympathy. Or if he had been black and she had been white.

JMO

oudavid1
6/6/2011, 10:50 PM
Hmmmm....

http://www.laprogressive.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/kkk.gif

those people remind me of the westboro scum.

Wishboned
6/6/2011, 10:57 PM
those people remind me of the westboro scum.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blogpost/post/klu-klux-klan-protests-westboro-baptist-church-video/2011/05/31/AGgoiPFH_blog.html

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2011, 08:28 AM
the cadet has left the academy - not sure why

http://www.wfaa.com/news/entertainment/123287438.html

olevetonahill
6/7/2011, 08:38 AM
the cadet has left the academy - not sure why

http://www.wfaa.com/news/entertainment/123287438.html

Wonder if there was anything in the OP that might explain that?;)

Oh yea here it is :rolleyes:

Either way, King's immediate fate appears to be sealed. After the incident, the report filed by the driver was forwarded by Houston police to West Point, which subsequently decided to "outprocess" King "under an administrative action" — in civilian terms, to suspend him, drop his rank and ship him out under a program that enlists cadets who leave the academy after the beginning of their junior year for three years of active duty with an option to return to complete their degree at the end of the tour.

It's not clear what King's service will entail, but he told local news in Houston that he expects to be deployed in the next few months and hopes to return to the academy in 2013. "I'm going to do whatever my country tells me to do," he said. "I'm going to give it my all."

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2011, 08:40 AM
you're really good at being a condescending prick aint ya?

olevetonahill
6/7/2011, 08:41 AM
you're really good at being a condescending prick aint ya?

:D

SoCaliSooner
6/7/2011, 08:43 AM
I'll bet the kid was on some sort of probation at West Point for drinking or other issues. Kid finds himself in an altercation, whether his fault or not, WP found out he was arrested and drinking and it ended up being the last straw.

olevetonahill
6/7/2011, 08:49 AM
I'll bet the kid was on some sort of probation at West Point for drinking or other issues. Kid finds himself in an altercation, whether his fault or not, WP found out he was arrested and drinking and it ended up being the last straw.

I cant find it now, But i read something about he had ONE drinkin isssue Not sure but it dint sound all that bad.

But JK can confirm that the Cadets are held to higher standard than RAs

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2011, 08:52 AM
the alcohol issue is one that they're fairly unforgiving on - upperclassmen who are of legal age - are allowed to drink during the weekends when they are on pass - jk3 has done his fair share of "being a normal college kid"

but when you mix the booze with the law enforcement - the leash gets pretty short pretty quick

i dont know if jk3 knows this kid or not - i'll have to ask him - he's home on summer leave right now - getting ready to report to Ft Bliss for his one month of shadowing a real live 2LT platoon leader in an FA unit

olevetonahill
6/7/2011, 08:54 AM
jk3 a junior or senior this coming year?

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2011, 08:55 AM
senior! :) he's a "firstie"

olevetonahill
6/7/2011, 09:00 AM
senior! :) he's a "firstie"

:cool:
Thot he was gonna be a senior But hell My memory's shorter than my Lil toe.:O

TheHumanAlphabet
6/7/2011, 12:10 PM
I hope the pricks at HPD and Patti LaBelle get sued for Bazillions...

According to Raley, after the incident, someone from HPD called West Point to report a cadet was drunk and involved in an assault.
As a result, the attorney says his client – an Army football player—was suspended.
When West Point learned about the incident, they told King he would have to serve 18 months on Army deployment before he could re-apply to West Point to finish school.
But now, Raley said the officers are taking a second look at the case, too.
"Officers now who have seen the videotape and know that he is innocent have come forward and said, ‘We’re on your side,’ so it’s possible that West Point will reconsider this decision," said Raley. "We’re hopeful."
A spokesperson for West Point did not return a phone call for comment.
At this point, no criminal charges have been filed in the case.
An HPD spokesperson said the case remains open.

As mentioned, HPD dude forwards the file to West Point to fock with the guy. I hope he wins big...

JohnnyMack
7/8/2011, 09:37 PM
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8239612

sooner59
7/8/2011, 10:13 PM
Sue vs. Countersue. Should be interesting.

GKeeper316
7/8/2011, 10:29 PM
i hope the kid ends up with every royalty penny that fat ****in bitch ever earns. **** her.

sooneron
7/8/2011, 11:33 PM
i hope the kid ends up with every royalty penny that fat ****in bitch ever earns. **** her.

^This. But that may not be that much.

TheHumanAlphabet
7/8/2011, 11:57 PM
I hope the pricks at HPD and Patti LaBelle get sued for Bazillions...

As mentioned, HPD dude forwards the file to West Point to fock with the guy. I hope he wins big...

Sounds like the ex-cadet will be vidicated. Charges filed against the "diva's" entourage. F*cking a$$holes. I hope the internal investigation finds the f*cking cop(s) who called the academy and fires his(their) a$$(es).

Hope the kid does his time as a private or specialist and gets readmitted to West Point.

StoopTroup
7/9/2011, 12:30 AM
I don't see why LaBelle would be at fault. It was her Son and her Hairdresser. Now it they have some sort of documentation they were paid bonded Bodyguards under her employ I can see her possibly settling but if it went to Court and a Jury had to decide....by the looks of that tape...I don't see where LaBelle was directing them to beat his ***. Also....if some of that luggage was theirs(?) maybe they were protecting their luggage?

I say let Judge Joe Brown settle it.

Hell....he looks more pissed he got his *** beat by a Hairdresser than hurt...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/06/03/article-1394066-0C64CA8E00000578-573_634x467.jpg

West Point probably suspended him for getting whipped by a Hairdresser.

Flagstaffsooner
7/9/2011, 07:36 AM
http://www.halamovie.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/201105/ced36_patti-labelle.jpg

That thing has a hairdresser that beats up Army cadets? Gawd-almighty just think what her dentist would do.

picasso
7/9/2011, 08:33 AM
I'm pretty sure the story said he was attacked by three people, two of them being body guards, which means two drooling goons with no real job to speak of.

GKeeper316
7/9/2011, 09:14 AM
I don't see why LaBelle would be at fault. It was her Son and her Hairdresser. Now it they have some sort of documentation they were paid bonded Bodyguards under her employ I can see her possibly settling but if it went to Court and a Jury had to decide....by the looks of that tape...I don't see where LaBelle was directing them to beat his ***. Also....if some of that luggage was theirs(?) maybe they were protecting their luggage?

I say let Judge Joe Brown settle it.

Hell....he looks more pissed he got his *** beat by a Hairdresser than hurt...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/06/03/article-1394066-0C64CA8E00000578-573_634x467.jpg

according to the original story, she told her son/driver to "take care of" the white kid standing too close to her luggage.

TheLadiesMike
7/9/2011, 04:46 PM
I see they say he instigated the attack. Is it common to remain on your cell phone when you are trying to instigate an attack?

Wishboned
7/9/2011, 04:49 PM
I see they say he instigated the attack. Is it common to remain on your cell phone when you are trying to instigate an attack?

Only if you're calling in an airstrike.

CrimsonKel
7/9/2011, 10:00 PM
We'll probably never know for sure what happened. The video we have seems to be poor quality and much of the action took place off screen.

Its such a shame. If everyone involved had just behaved well there wouldn't have been a problem. How difficult is it to behave well? Evidently its pretty difficult for some.

As a taxpayer, I feel cheated that we spent so much money preparing this young man for a position of leadership in the Army but that money is down the drain at this point. We would have been better off burning a few $10,000 bills on the front lawn or something. What a waste!

Romulus
7/9/2011, 10:06 PM
The hairdresser was a 68 year old chick

Sooner98
7/9/2011, 11:29 PM
Its such a shame. If everyone involved had just behaved well there wouldn't have been a problem. How difficult is it to behave well? Evidently its pretty difficult for some.

Well, before the cadet was attacked by these losers without provoking them, he was on his cell phone minding his own business, so it seems he was behaving just fine.

GDC
7/10/2011, 09:14 AM
This Wednesday I have the choice of touring the New York City Police Department, the Coast Guard Academy, or West Point. Help me decide.

jk the sooner fan
7/10/2011, 09:35 AM
West Point - beautiful place, but i'm biased

jkjsooner
7/10/2011, 12:50 PM

When you get jumped by thugs I'll be sure to remind you to behave yourself next time. What a POS comment.

As a taxpayer, I feel cheated that we spent so much money preparing this young man for a position of leadership in the Army but that money is down the drain at this point.

And that's why the DoD should offer their legal help in making sure Labelle's POS thugs get prosecuted. They should be protecting their assets.

MamaMia
7/10/2011, 01:32 PM
We'll probably never know for sure what happened. The video we have seems to be poor quality and much of the action took place off screen.

As a taxpayer, I feel cheated that we spent so much money preparing this young man for a position of leadership in the Army but that money is down the drain at this point. We would have been better off burning a few $10,000 bills on the front lawn or something. What a waste! From the video evidence, it appears to me as if the young man was attacked without just cause, unless you believe that standing next to some luggage at an airport is reason enough to beat someone. :confused:

Those LaBelle people are thugs. If they are on her payroll, or were provoked by her to attack this person, then she will be held accountable. If they're contract labor, they better have the paperwork in order to prove it, because I guarantee you that any and all financial dealings she has ever had with them will be subpoenaed. Either way, I hope they pay dearly for their abhorrent behavior.

Shame on the officials as well for the bias and unprofessional way that they handled this matter. I hope they pay for their insubordinate actions as well.

Memtig14
7/10/2011, 04:02 PM
From the video evidence, it appears to me as if the young man was attacked without just cause, unless you believe that standing next to some luggage at an airport is reason enough to beat someone. :confused:

Those LaBelle people are thugs. If they are on her payroll, or were provoked by her to attack this person, then she will be held accountable. If they're contract labor, they better have the paperwork in order to prove it, because I guarantee you that any and all financial dealings she has ever had with them will be subpoenaed. Either way, I hope they pay dearly for their abhorrent behavior.

Shame on the officials as well for the bias and unprofessional way that they handled this matter. I hope they pay for their insubordinate actions as well.

Well said.

StoopTroup
7/10/2011, 06:59 PM
West Point - beautiful place, but i'm biased

No wonder he's pissed. A 68 year old Grandmother who's a Hairdresser beats your *** because your mouthy and won't stand back. Why the hell was he there? Why isn't he getting a ride to wherever he was headed? Why do you stand out at the curb where people are loading their luggage and trying to get Home or to a Concert or an Interview? At 1:00 in the video he's pointing like he's running his mouth as they bring luggage to LaBelle's Limo. It looks like he continues to run his mouth as they are trying to just get their stuff in the car. Since there isn't any sound I'm just betting there were words before this. They asked him to step back, when it got physical he starts acts all "Bro don't Taze ME!" When things don't go your way you scream that they assaulted you and try to get folks to have pity on you. Later they find out you've had other incidents which involved alcohol and they bust you back in rank at WP....kick you out of the Academy and to help yourself out of the jam you got yourself in, you go get deployed. As more people dig for information on you they find out that you are a spoiled brat similar to Adam James at TTU. Now people think that Patti LaBelle, who is a famous singer, asked her Family and Friends to beat that guys *** instead of watch the guy by her luggage? Instead of stay the hell away from the luggage and her Limo the idiot steps towards it and then they really ask him to step back and while his drunk *** is on the phone they ask again. As they got a bit close to him....he reaches out and shoves one of them and the big guy clocks him.

I think once we get a bit more information from both sides....the truth will come out instead of the Internet Justice that is taking place. Who knows....maybe LaBelle has a string of occurrences where she has had Body Guards and Bouncers beat the crap out of Fans and Autograph hounds.

StoopTroup
7/10/2011, 07:08 PM
Even this story says People not Body Guards are charged with misdemeanor assault and they conveniently have stills of the Cadet getting hit but none of him pushing them.

Maybe he didn't deserve to be assaulted and maybe after they pushed him back, instead of continuing to fight him and hit him they should have called for security and let it be sorted out....people make mistakes. Cadets you would think would be smart enough to keep themselves out of situations like this.

Sounds to me this will be about money and not his standing with West Point. I think West Point does the right thing by staying out of it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2012947/Soul-diva-Patti-Labelles-bodyguards-charged-videotaped-airport-assault.html

sappstuf
7/10/2011, 07:09 PM
No wonder he's pissed. A 68 year old Grandmother who's a Hairdresser beats your *** because your mouthy and won't stand back. Why the hell was he there? Why isn't he getting a ride to wherever he was headed? Why do you stand out at the curb where people are loading their luggage and trying to get Home or to a Concert or an Interview? At 1:00 in the video he's pointing like he's running his mouth as they bring luggage to LaBelle's Limo. It looks like he continues to run his mouth as they are trying to just get their stuff in the car. Since there isn't any sound I'm just betting there were words before this. They asked him to step back, when it got physical he starts acts all "Bro don't Taze ME!" When things don't go your way you scream that they assaulted you and try to get folks to have pity on you. Later they find out you've had other incidents which involved alcohol and they bust you back in rank at WP....kick you out of the Academy and to help yourself out of the jam you got yourself in, you go get deployed. As more people dig for information on you they find out that you are a spoiled brat similar to Adam James at TTU. Now people think that Patti LaBelle, who is a famous singer, asked her Family and Friends to beat that guys *** instead of watch the guy by her luggage? Instead of stay the hell away from the luggage and her Limo the idiot steps towards it and then they really ask him to step back and while his drunk *** is on the phone they ask again. As they got a bit close to him....he reaches out and shoves one of them and the big guy clocks him.

I think once we get a bit more information from both sides....the truth will come out instead of the Internet Justice that is taking place. Who knows....maybe LaBelle has a string of occurrences where she has had Body Guards and Bouncers beat the crap out of Fans and Autograph hounds.

It sounds like more information is coming out... That is why Labelle's people have been charge when King was the original suspect.

StoopTroup
7/10/2011, 07:37 PM
Fox has a report that says the Body guards were protecting LaBelle's Son and that The Houston Chronicle identified the two as Efrem Holmes, 43, and Norma Harris, 63 were the body guards.

Seriously....you have a famous entertainer and a 23 year old trained West Point Cadet and says this was completely unprovoked? He says he was minding his own business. I don't know...it looks like he had words with them and instead of backing off...he stood his ground.

I don't ever see him minding his own business. I see him pointing and talking on the phone by the back of someone's Limo. If it's not your Limo why aren't you standing out of the way letting people load their damn luggage?

If King lives in Houston why didn't he just go Home? Why is he out wandering near people's Limo's?

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/patti-labelle-sued-west-point-cadet-houston-airport/story?id=13752701

Hopefully King will get his day in Court instead of settling for money. I hope he can prove his innocence and West Point reconsiders their punishment.

I know I've told my kids that I understand how it seems right to stand up to people who bully innocent people but I have told them to be careful as they have a reputation to protect too so I tell them to make sure they do as much as they can to stop it but never do anything that might put you in a bad light. Avoid bad situations. Avoid Bullies. Step aside rather than stand up to them. Physical Confrontation is the best way to go. If you make any kind of move (Like push them instead of step away) that would escalate any physical confrontation or violence. Be prepared to defend but never be the aggressor.

Maybe West Point teaches something different and when someone steps into your personal space they say to shove them away instead of step back. If so....maybe he should sue West Point for teaching him to shove people.

Amazing he says he never knew who LaBelle was but blames her for the attack.....lol He's on the phone until they hit him and says LaBelle was completely involved in the assault and never tried to stop it after cracking her window and yelling instructions. Come on....this case against LaBell gets tossed out of court.

StoopTroup
7/10/2011, 07:40 PM
It sounds like more information is coming out... That is why Labelle's people have been charge when King was the original suspect.

I agree to a point. You don't assault people over luggage but you also don't hang around people's stuff and not expect them to be protective of it.

Why the hell he didn't stay the hell away from them as they were loading their stuff is beyond stupid. A Senior at West Point you would think would have more respect for other people traveling with a lot of luggage.

You know....it's a big deal at Airports about making sure you watch your luggage and make sure it doesn't leave your site. I always try to stay away from other people's stuff as cameras are everywhere these days and you don't want someone trying to stick something in your bag that might be a mule for drug dealers or worse.

StoopTroup
7/10/2011, 07:45 PM
If LaBelle is known for other incidents....and those Gangsters :rolleyes: she hired have a rap sheet for multiple incidents then hey....throw the book at them and let the civil suits fly.

sappstuf
7/10/2011, 07:45 PM
It looked to me like he was in a loading zone not Patti Labelle's backyard.... He has as much right to be there as she did. Why didn't she move the luggage if she was concerned about it instead of ordering the assault of someone?

Chuck Bao
7/10/2011, 07:46 PM

I don't know if it went down as you described, StoopTroup.

But DUDE! There should never be a reason to get into a fist fight about where to stand outside an airport, even if someone is bad mouthing you.

I am often drunk and extremely surly after a long flight. Still the idea of "this is my space and don't you dare invade it" is not a defense-able justification for violence. The hairdresser or whatever needs to travel to Asia to get a real sense of very little personal space.

As they were loading the luggage into the limo, why should they have cared?

StoopTroup
7/10/2011, 07:53 PM
It looked to me like he was in a loading zone not Patti Labelle's backyard.... He has as much right to be there as she did. Why didn't she move the luggage if she was concerned about it instead of ordering the assault of someone?

I know but you have to use sense here. LaBelle's Limo is sitting there waiting for her. In a Loading Zone. The trunk is just out of the picture. They have a Skycap pull a cart full of luggage to the curb and one of the folks travelling with LaBelle is following to the side of the Skycap keeping an eye on her stuff. LaBelle isn't standing there like Darth Vader giving orders, she is in the Limo trusting her people to take care of her stuff and maybe all she did was roll down the window and ask how the guy standing there was? Maybe she thought he was a fan? Why would you stand by someone's entourage? Celebritiies are under constant barrage by Paparazzi and weirdos. I think it's strange the Cadet was standing there if he was waiting for a ride.

StoopTroup
7/10/2011, 07:56 PM
I don't know if it went down as you described, StoopTroup.

But DUDE! There should never be a reason to get into a fist fight about where to stand outside an airport, even if someone is bad mouthing you.

I am often drunk and extremely surly after a long flight. Still the idea of "this is my space and don't you dare invade it" is not a defense-able justification for violence. The hairdresser or whatever needs to travel to Asia to get a real sense of very little personal space.

As they were loading the luggage into the limo, why should they have cared?

I agree....but think about it Chuck. The guy now knows it's someone with money and he's been disciplined by West Point so he found a lawyer to take his case. Again.....look at him at 1:00 on the tape. He pushes them first. Unprovoked kind of goes out the window.

At 0:56 on the tape there is an edit. There is some time that passes before they come out with the luggage. Do you think it's fair to say LaBelle went right out to the Limo and waited on her people to get her luggage from the baggage area? After the blink in the tape The Cadet is standing by her Limo and they bring out her stuff to load it. Why doesn't he step away and give them some room? I would. How would you feel if you have maybe some jewelry or sentimental items in your luggage and some guy you didn't know had been standing next to your Limo for a long time?

It's kind of creepy these days.

sappstuf
7/10/2011, 07:57 PM
I know but you have to use sense here. LaBelle's Limo is sitting there waiting for her. In a Loading Zone. The trunk is just out of the picture. They have a Skycap pull a cart full of luggage to the curb and one of the folks travelling with LaBelle is following to the side of the Skycap keeping an eye on her stuff. LaBelle isn't standing there like Darth Vader giving orders, she is in the Limo trusting her people to take care of her stuff and maybe all she did was roll down the window and ask how the guy standing there was? Maybe she thought he was a fan? Why would you stand by someone's entourage? Celebritiies are under constant barrage by Paparazzi and weirdos. I think it's strange the Cadet was standing there if he was waiting for a ride.

Why? Where else would he wait to be picked up? It is a loading/unloading zone for goodness sake...

sappstuf
7/10/2011, 08:01 PM
I agree....but think about it Chuck. The guy now knows it's someone with money and he's been disciplined by West Point so he found a lawyer to take his case. Again.....look at him at 1:00 on the tape. He pushes them first. Unprovoked kind of goes out the window.

That must be the reason the police charged LaBelle's people after seeing the tape.... Oh wait.

StoopTroup
7/10/2011, 08:07 PM
This thread was to pass judgement and create outrage....I'm just trying not to judge and asking questions....kind of Devil's Advocate.

As a Senior at West Point I think it at least should maybe be a good story for Cadets and to point out how to be aware of bad situations.

StoopTroup
7/10/2011, 08:10 PM
Why? Where else would he wait to be picked up? It is a loading/unloading zone for goodness sake...

I'm not sure as I haven't been to Houston Hobby or George H. Bush Intl. in awhile but if you are on your cell phone and you are from Houston....I'd think the Loading Zone is pretty odd. Why not wait inside if you are waiting for a ride? Maybe the bar?

StoopTroup
7/10/2011, 08:14 PM
That must be the reason the police charged LaBelle's people after seeing the tape.... Oh wait.

I'd say they did it after seeing them take it to far on the tape from there. I think they are guilty of a misdemeanor. Hopefully they will learn something from it.

If you are saying he's completely not at fault....I'm not sure I agree but if West Point agrees that the Cadet was an outstanding example of how to handle himself in public....maybe they will change their mind and allow him to graduate. Maybe they will give him a medal for proper travel technique.

StoopTroup
7/10/2011, 08:17 PM
On top of it...having a 43 year old and a 63 year old hairdresser take you apart with their bare-hands that quick, no weapons, and you fail to protect yourself?

Wow.

sappstuf
7/10/2011, 08:17 PM
I'm not sure as I haven't been to Houston Hobby or George H. Bush Intl. in awhile but if you are on your cell phone and you are from Houston....I'd think the Loading Zone is pretty odd. Why not wait inside if you are waiting for a ride? Maybe the bar?

Fair enough. What laws was he breaking by standing out there instead?

StoopTroup
7/10/2011, 08:19 PM
Fair enough. What laws was he breaking by standing out there instead?

Loitering?

Chuck Bao
7/10/2011, 08:22 PM

The last time I flew into DFW, they changed the terminals just before landing and I had to wait an hour outside walking around and looking for my mom to pick me up. She was waiting at the wrong terminal until she asked someone about the flight. That really happens.

And, I am not ever impressed with stretch limos. These days, high school kids rent them for the prom. I am not going to spend any time around them. Fly into LAX and it seems like every other car is a stretch limo.

sappstuf
7/10/2011, 08:23 PM
Loitering?

Labelle and her thugs were there longer, so you better add that to the charges against them.

jk the sooner fan
7/10/2011, 08:24 PM

nice troll....

jk the sooner fan
7/10/2011, 08:27 PM
aside from ST's obvious issue with WP - whether real or suddenly created out of boredom or the lack of pain pills

i would take the tour to WP gdc.........if you can work in a train ride up the Hudson river to get there - you wont regret it - beautiful country

OutlandTrophy
7/10/2011, 08:31 PM
it's amazing how much stuff that the unimformed, ignorant and just plain ole dumb people have to say.

StoopTroup
7/10/2011, 08:42 PM
aside from ST's obvious issue with WP - whether real or suddenly created out of boredom or the lack of pain pills

i would take the tour to WP gdc.........if you can work in a train ride up the Hudson river to get there - you wont regret it - beautiful country

That **** is so funny. Always take things to a personal level with people that you think don't agree with you.

Pure Class JK.

I've got nothing against West Point. Matter of fact it seems to me that they made a decision that many of you seem was unfair. I think they do it because they don't like Cadets making them look bad. Getting involved in a street brawl instead of trying to avoid it might seem improper to you but I think maybe they look at it as something a grunt might do. The Cadet got busted down and now just needs to redeem himself from what I understand. It's not as if they prosecuted him in a Military Court and sentenced him for anything. They have asked him to redeem himself. I see that as a place that shows just how important it is to have standards and that to make it in our Military...you don't put yourself in bad situations.

jk the sooner fan
7/10/2011, 08:44 PM
i think you are completely guessing and dont have a damn clue why WP made the decision they did

StoopTroup
7/10/2011, 08:51 PM
it's amazing how much stuff that the unimformed, ignorant and just plain ole dumb people have to say.

I like the fact that the Military Folks in my Family are folks who continue represent and educate instead of think folks who didn't serve are a bunch of dumb-asses that are against everyone in the Military. The ones that realize the rest of us took care of Family and supported them through multiple tours are amazing and I'm proud to call them Family.

StoopTroup
7/10/2011, 08:52 PM
i think you are completely guessing and dont have a damn clue why WP made the decision they did

I don't have his service record in front of me....do you?

I think he screwed up.

jkjsooner
7/10/2011, 08:52 PM

Are you seriously questioning his decision to wait outside vs inside? Do you realize how absurd you are sounding?

Ever thought that he was on the phone with his brother and he was standing outside so the brother could see him as he drove up? I can't believe you've never done that before.

StoopTroup
7/10/2011, 09:07 PM
Enlightening people is a very good way to show you are an outstanding person.

West Point holds a proud tradition as much of the history they teach was made by people they taught. They will always have my respect. Unfortunately not everyone who gets in graduates. It's no different than any other School in that regard and WP is one of our Nations Best. I respect any decision they make and do so with out prejudice.

soonerboomer93
7/10/2011, 09:08 PM
I'd say they did it after seeing them take it to far on the tape from there. I think they are guilty of a misdemeanor. Hopefully they will learn something from it.

If you are saying he's completely not at fault....I'm not sure I agree but if West Point agrees that the Cadet was an outstanding example of how to handle himself in public....maybe they will change their mind and allow him to graduate. Maybe they will give him a medal for proper travel technique.

You're losing it man, seriously, good to know Leroy hacked your account.

I fly out of IAH, I always wait in that area. Oddly enough, often times I am on my cell phone. Many of those are with my ride, trying to figure out where they are, and what lane I will be in, what island side it looks like the traffic people are going to point them to. IAH passenger pick up is a cluster ****.

Also, in some of the eaier articles there are witness accounts of what happened, one of them from one of the traffic guys.

StoopTroup
7/10/2011, 09:54 PM
Are you seriously questioning his decision to wait outside vs inside? Do you realize how absurd you are sounding?

Ever thought that he was on the phone with his brother and he was standing outside so the brother could see him as he drove up? I can't believe you've never done that before.

Yes. I'm not sure why you would think he had a right to stand in an area where people who's transportation is there and ready to load their luggage. I think normal people respect people who are loading their luggage. Nobody has the right to stand in the way at the curb of a loading area. Nobody. Now if he had Transportation picking him up and they were just sitting there waiting for 30 minutes blocking his Transportation and making them circle(Hell these days...more than 1 minute) he should have complained to Airport security and they would have made Ms. LaBelle's Driver move the Limo or even circle around. They don't like Cars hanging around the loading area due to the threat of Bombs after 9-11-01. Now....I don't know...maybe where Ms. LaBelle's Limo was....it was a legal area for Licensed Limos so that Famous people or High Security Risk Dignitaries can duck into their ride and await their luggage. Again...I don't know Houston hobby or GHB Int'l and their local rules regarding the Area outside of Baggage Claim.

It seems odd that someone who was a Senior at West Point felt the need to hold his ground and allow them room to load. I'd think he would understand that some people do have security details and be respectful of them being worried about their client as well as their client's luggage.

Mongo
7/10/2011, 09:55 PM
wow.

Fish&Game
7/10/2011, 10:01 PM
http://www.microorganism.org/misc/golden_crack_pipe.jpg

StoopTroup
7/10/2011, 10:06 PM
You're losing it man, seriously, good to know Leroy hacked your account.

I fly out of IAH, I always wait in that area. Oddly enough, often times I am on my cell phone. Many of those are with my ride, trying to figure out where they are, and what lane I will be in, what island side it looks like the traffic people are going to point them to. IAH passenger pick up is a cluster ****.

Also, in some of the eaier articles there are witness accounts of what happened, one of them from one of the traffic guys.

Again....maybe those witnesses will clear this all up once it goes to Court. Maybe the guy got a bad rap. I just don't see why he didn't respect the fact that Ms. LaBelle's folks were right there loading her Luggage. If I was on the phone...I wouldn't want to be hanging around them with them listening to my cell phone conversation I might even have moved on down a ways where I my ride might actually see me better. He's standing behind a pole and two limos waiting for a ride and he's talking on the phone. He's not being very considerate of others who are in a high traffic very stressful area and for what it's worth....look how it turned out. He ran into some folks on a security detail and failed to just turn and walk away. It seems like he made it even more stressful. If someone is getting lippy or threatening...like he says they did....wouldn't you walk away instead of hold your ground?

I'm losing it...lol

Seriously...we have a lot of folks out and about right now that are stressed about our economy, stressed about wackos, drunks, drug addicts etc....

I've heard plenty of reports on the news about avoiding Road Rage and looking at people or getting into verbal confrontations.

I'm telling you....no matter how this turns out....I bet it's not worth it to either side. I think two good people bumped into each other and for some reason they have made things worse for themselves and possibly their futures. If I was LaBelle.....I might hire a new security Team and by the sound of things King has taken some advice and just gone on with his Military Career. Hopefully they both learn to be better citizens from now on and avoid putting themselves in bad situations.

StoopTroup
7/10/2011, 10:09 PM
http://www.microorganism.org/misc/golden_crack_pipe.jpg

He was on Spring Break....maybe he was still high.

jk the sooner fan
7/10/2011, 10:14 PM
wow.

i know right?

SoCaliSooner
7/10/2011, 10:15 PM
wow.
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x221/Anita_Version2_cmpics/Funny%20Animations/4tqw9jl.gif

soonerboomer93
7/10/2011, 10:16 PM
Yes. I'm not sure why you would think he had a right to stand in an area where people who's transportation is there and ready to load their luggage. I think normal people respect people who are loading their luggage. Nobody has the right to stand in the way at the curb of a loading area. Nobody. Now if he had Transportation picking him up and they were just sitting there waiting for 30 minutes blocking his Transportation and making them circle(Hell these days...more than 1 minute) he should have complained to Airport security and they would have made Ms. LaBelle's Driver move the Limo or even circle around. They don't like Cars hanging around the loading area due to the threat of Bombs after 9-11-01. Now....I don't know...maybe where Ms. LaBelle's Limo was....it was a legal area for Licensed Limos so that Famous people or High Security Risk Dignitaries can duck into their ride and await their luggage. Again...I don't know Houston hobby or GHB Int'l and their local rules regarding the Area outside of Baggage Claim.

There is no such area at IAH. there is no reason for your argument other then being drunk or some fan boi of patti. IAh does allows cars to part and wait ( for a reasonable time from my own experience). There is no reason I can be in a "passenger pickup" are after getting off a flight. You're being ignorant and acting a fool. **** man, I just dropped some off at that terminal tonight and will be picking them up Saturday morning. You know nothing of which you are speaking.

StoopTroup
7/10/2011, 10:16 PM
So.....you all think he was just on the phone and he never talked to them and they just went gangster on him and beat his *** for no reason other than he was to close to the Limo?

I mean....give me something to work with here. I want to believe the Cadet. I don't like seeing a guy lose an opportunity like Graduating from West Point.

Mongo
7/10/2011, 10:19 PM
There is no such area at IAH. there is no reason for your argument other then being drunk or some fan boi of patti. IAh does allows cars to part and wait ( for a reasonable time from my own experience). There is no reason I can be in a "passenger pickup" are after getting off a flight. You're being ignorant and acting a fool. **** man, I just dropped some off at that terminal tonight and will be picking them up Saturday morning. You know nothing of which you are speaking.

it is called "playing devil's advocate", or trolling for short

soonerboomer93
7/10/2011, 10:21 PM
So.....you all think he was just on the phone and he never talked to them and they just went gangster on him and beat his *** for no reason other than he was to close to the Limo?

I mean....give me something to work with here. I want to believe the Cadet. I don't like seeing a guy lose an opportunity like Graduating from West Point.

As I recall, that actually pretty darn close to what the traffic control officer who observed the incident stated. There are links about the incident one ****ing page 1. If you didn't bother to read them, that's on you.

soonerboomer93
7/10/2011, 10:23 PM
it is called "playing devil's advocate", or trolling for short

What he's doing is being stupid. I shall just put him on the leroid list and not care. He's gotten much worse since the OUI people joined and I tired of it.

StoopTroup
7/10/2011, 10:46 PM
He's gotten much worse since the OUI people joined and I tired of it.

Are you gonna complain?

StoopTroup
7/10/2011, 11:18 PM
First part of this is interesting....

GczodeSXr-w&feature=related

soonerboomer93
7/10/2011, 11:19 PM
Seriously I have no idea what you said. You're on ignore, my everlasting patience for bs is done.

olevetonahill
7/10/2011, 11:24 PM
http://www.thenewstyle.org/hernandez/blogstuff/toilet_doo.jpg

StoopTroup
7/10/2011, 11:35 PM
Dude already had 10 concussions?

The Military is disciplining him with Active Duty?

How do you send a guy with 10 concussions(Now 11) into Active Duty?

Also.....never tell Airport Security that you don't know if someone has opened your luggage or taken control or your luggage unless they did. You won't like what happens after that. If someone did do something to your luggage....report it to the police. If they won't stay away from your luggage don't throw them into a concrete pole. If you do stand next to someone's luggage, make sure they are Famous and waiting for their bags in their Limo. Then make sure they throw you into a concrete pole.

3sftJaJ38ck&feature=related

StoopTroup
7/10/2011, 11:38 PM
Seriously I have no idea what you said. You're on ignore, my everlasting patience for bs is done.

I know how you feel....I used it for awhile too.

StoopTroup
7/10/2011, 11:39 PM
http://www.thenewstyle.org/hernandez/blogstuff/toilet_doo.jpg

Note to self. Do not let that kid fix food.

StoopTroup
7/10/2011, 11:43 PM
0-M_sxoy_PQ&feature=related

StoopTroup
7/10/2011, 11:45 PM

Was this the link?

0GRCBo8bvZE&feature=related

StoopTroup
7/10/2011, 11:55 PM
4zFi18ioqYk

TheHumanAlphabet
7/10/2011, 11:57 PM

It seems odd that someone who was a Senior at West Point felt the need to hold his ground and allow them room to load. I'd think he would understand that some people do have security details and be respectful of them being worried about their client as well as their client's luggage.

Stoop, I get rides by limo to the airport all the time (company perk). That area I saw in the video does not seem to be the normal limo parking area, but the public drive through area of Terminal C.

mgsooner
7/11/2011, 12:09 AM
http://www.tinygif.com/data/media/9/dolphin_shake.gif

StoopTroup
7/11/2011, 01:19 AM
Stoop, I get rides by limo to the airport all the time (company perk). That area I saw in the video does not seem to be the normal limo parking area, but the public drive through area of Terminal C.

I wonder why they even let folks park for more than a few minutes? That ought to be, ''see the car? Get the hell in it and leave!'' Things sure have lightened up down there. They used to have Cops chasing people off and telling them to move on.....

Ctina
7/11/2011, 04:31 AM
plWnm7UpsXk&NR

Ctina
7/11/2011, 04:32 AM
jzX1nxpnKZ4

CrimsonKel
7/11/2011, 07:07 AM
No one is completely innocent in this situation. The guy was probably drunk and obnoxious. Patti Labelle's entourage overreacted. The Houston PD didn't do its job.

Its a shame. It wouldn't have taken much to avoid this ugly scene altogether. I guess that's not the world we live in though.

At least the Army recognizes that if you can't avoid drunken brawls in the Houston Airport you probably don't have good enough judgement to lead American Soldiers into combat.

sappstuf
7/11/2011, 07:39 AM
No one is completely innocent in this situation. The guy was probably drunk and obnoxious. Patti Labelle's entourage overreacted. The Houston PD didn't do its job.

Its a shame. It wouldn't have taken much to avoid this ugly scene altogether. I guess that's not the world we live in though.

At least the Army recognizes that if you can't avoid drunken brawls in the Houston Airport you probably don't have good enough judgement to lead American Soldiers into combat.

The Army may have been given bum information...

Now, King’s attorneys have added an airport employee to the lawsuit.

They claim the airport employee called West Point and lied to officials about King’s role in the incident.

The academy then dismissed King, and he has to wait more than a year to reapply.

tator
7/11/2011, 09:14 AM
If this thread accomplished anything, it was affirming what I already suspected about someone.

Turd_Ferguson
7/11/2011, 09:17 AM
If this thread accomplished anything, it was affirming what I already suspected about someone.Mongo knows the words to all of Patty Labelles songs?

Mongo
7/11/2011, 09:26 AM
Mongo knows the words to all of Patty Labelles songs?

no, that I am completely shaved except for my eye brows and head hair

how he figured that out is beyond me

tator
7/11/2011, 09:29 AM
no, that I am completely shaved except for my eye brows and head hair

how he figured that out is beyond me
Ya well maybe you shouldn't have been standing so close to that luggage!!!!

3rdgensooner
7/11/2011, 09:34 AM
I just flashbacked to that conversation I had with that homeless dude outside the bus station.

DIB
7/11/2011, 09:36 AM
I just flashbacked to that conversation I had with that homeless dude outside the bus station.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110213171214/athfwiki/images/thumb/f/f9/Homeless_Guy.png/180px-Homeless_Guy.png

StoopTroup
7/11/2011, 01:19 PM
The Army may have been given bum information...

Now, King’s attorneys have added an airport employee to the lawsuit.

They claim the airport employee called West Point and lied to officials about King’s role in the incident.

The academy then dismissed King, and he has to wait more than a year to reapply.

That's exactly what I said before you stated arguing with me. At least he'll get a chance to possibly re-apply and graduate.

I hope he's OK and that he gets through WP.

Maybe he should sue the Airport too.

StoopTroup
7/11/2011, 01:29 PM
What's interesting is the Cadet is upset the incident jeopardized his Football Career?

I mean....I would think he would have been upset about it jeopardizing his graduating from West Point. If you've had 10 concussions I would think you'd realize that your Football career was more than likely over especially if you were a Senior.

This whole thing is becoming quite a stinker as far as who is believable.

Patti LaBelle Countersues Cadet Over Airport Incident
Patti LaBelle is countersuing a West Point cadet over an altercation that took place at a Texas airport in March. According to "The Houston Chronicle," LaBelle's lawsuit alleges that it was Richard King who initiated the confrontation with her entourage at Houston's George Bush Intercontinental Airport. LaBelle's complaint accuses King of using racially and sexually offensive language during the dispute. It also says King hit the singer's son and driver, Zuri Edwards, in the face when Edwards tried to intervene. LaBelle is seeking actual damages and litigation costs. King's lawyer says LaBelle's lawsuit hinges on the "same false story (she) told the police." He filed suit against LaBelle over the same incident earlier this month, saying members of the singer's staff attacked him. King claims his injuries jeopardized his college football career. West Point has since suspended the 23-year-old cadet.

http://buffaloathome.com/dct/62/id/603741/mid/1794/Patti-LaBelle-Countersues-Cadet-Over-Airport-Incident.aspx

Turd_Ferguson
7/11/2011, 01:36 PM
Play'n the ol' race card I see...

NormanPride
7/11/2011, 01:48 PM
Did you actually watch the video, ST?

StoopTroup
7/11/2011, 01:51 PM
I hope a resolution to this story evolves and that all involved learns something. It's unfortunate that our Society has leaned towards deciding the outcome of cases in Trial by Youtube as Video is so easily manipulated. Seeing the video of the Cadet who claims he was drunk and then a video of him staggering through the loading zone of the airport really hurts his tales of the story and seeing the Video of LaBelle's Body Guard and hairdresser stating King threw the first punch when he more than likely just was just reacting to them coming at him in a threatening manner only to beat him silly hurts their tale of the story.

For me...it seems both folks just aren't willing to admit the Truth.

That being said...him getting an 18 Month duty and being allowed to reapply seems at least fair and LaBelle's Personel getting a misdemeanor for that beating may have been a felony if indeed King had really been sober but I still don't think he was sober and he lied about it. Unfortunately a blood test wasn't done on him. The investigation by the houston Police Dept is a disgrace as well. 3 wrongs maybe more really made this story a huge cluster****. Justice is pretty difficult when serious situations get treated with such bias.
West Point officials have rebuffed a Houston lawyer's attempt to have his client reinstated to the prestigious military academy after a March altercation involving soul singer Patti LaBelle's bodyguards at George Bush Intercontinental Airport.

In this week's statement, the first the academy has made in the case of Houston cadet Richard King, 23, officials said a "thorough investigation" of the airport incident had led to "appropriate action."

King said he had been dismissed from the academy and placed in an 18-month active-duty mentorship program. He would be eligible to re-apply for admission at the end of the program.

Read more: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7599148.html#ixzz1Rp6Nc7RM

King's attorney, John Raley, filed a lawsuit against LaBelle, her staffers, a taxi dispatcher and the airport, seeking actual and punitive damages.

Raley said King was "a good soldier and will proudly serve his country wherever he is deployed ... When he completes his 18-month tour of duty, he will reapply to West Point. Richard was honored to be a West Point cadet and, God willing, will be one again."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7599148.html

StoopTroup
7/11/2011, 01:55 PM
Did you actually watch the video, ST?

Did you watch this one NP? Are you seriously going to say he didn't lie about being drunk?

GczodeSXr-w&feature=player_embedded

Turd_Ferguson
7/11/2011, 01:57 PM
So your saying if he was drunk, then labelle's crew isn't responsible for beat'n the **** outta him?

3rdgensooner
7/11/2011, 01:59 PM
We learned stuff today *spittle* ~ Les Miles

NormanPride
7/11/2011, 02:05 PM
Did you watch this one NP? Are you seriously going to say he didn't lie about being drunk?

GczodeSXr-w&feature=player_embedded
I do not know what you glean from that video that proves he was drunk. And even if he was, he didn't even look at the bodyguards until they shoved him.

StoopTroup
7/11/2011, 02:07 PM
So your saying if he was drunk, then labelle's crew isn't responsible for beat'n the **** outta him?

Nope. I'm saying he's not the Saint he said he was and that he was probably drunk and stressing those folks out as they were trying to load their luggage and get the hell out of the Airport. I'm betting there was a verbal confrontation and he was guilty of escalating a situation into a Road Rage type of incident. He could have avoided them instead of getting lippy.

I think you should be respectful to folks instead of treat them like you are in a bar. I don't know how many times I've seen a drunk person end up in a scuffle....get his *** whipped and end up saying "What? I didn't do anything?" Come on.....after he got his *** whipped he started lying about the situation. If you can't see that....then you don't see it. To me...It's pretty apparent he didn't do anything to avoid them. He escalated it and when they got pissed....he failed to see them as aggressors and started laughing at them. They allowed him to enrage them and made a bad call in beating him like that. I have a pretty good feeling he's no angel in all of this.

DIB
7/11/2011, 02:09 PM
Nope. I'm saying he's not the Saint he said he was and that he was probably drunk and stressing those folks out as they were trying to load their luggage and get the hell out of the Airport. I'm betting there was a verbal confrontation and he was guilty of escalating a situation into a Road Rage type of incident. He could have avoided them instead of getting lippy.

I think you should be respectful to folks instead of treat them like you are in a bar. I don't know how many times I've seen a drunk person end up in a scuffle....get his *** whipped and end up saying "What? I didn't do anything?" Come on.....after he got his *** whipped he started lying about the situation. If you can't see that....then you don't see it. To me...It's pretty apparent he didn't do anything to avoid them. He escalated it and when they got pissed....he failed to see them as aggressors and started laughing at them. They allowed him to enrage them and made a bad call in beating him like that. I have a pretty good feeling he's no angel in all of this.

There is zero evidence of anything you are saying. You are obviously just making stuff up, because it is impossible for you to admit when you are wrong.

StoopTroup
7/11/2011, 02:09 PM
I do not know what you glean from that video that proves he was drunk. And even if he was, he didn't even look at the bodyguards until they shoved him.

He admitted to having a couple of drinks. Again....it's to bad the Houston Police didn't do a blood test on his alcohol level. It would have either exonerated him or proved he was drunk.

tator
7/11/2011, 02:10 PM
There is zero evidence of anything you are saying. You are obviously just making stuff up, because it is impossible for you to admit when you are wrong.
How else do you think a person gets to 55k posts?

StoopTroup

What do you think I'm wrong about?

DIB

meth?

StoopTroup
7/11/2011, 02:11 PM

Always a good way to avoid just having a discussion. Make it personal. Says a lot about you.

tator
7/11/2011, 02:12 PM
meth?
both are entirely possible

jk the sooner fan
7/11/2011, 02:12 PM
Always a good way to avoid just having a discussion. Make it personal. Says a lot about you.

so using your logic - about as much as your own posts say about you?

StoopTroup
7/11/2011, 02:13 PM
meth?

I'm not gonna judge you. If you have a problem I hope you get help.

DIB
7/11/2011, 02:14 PM
I'm not gonna judge you. If you have a problem I hope you get help.

I am a functional meth user

3rdgensooner
7/11/2011, 02:14 PM
I am a functional meth userYou should switch to shrooms

jk the sooner fan
7/11/2011, 02:15 PM
I am a functional meth user

oh meth, i thought you were good with equations and functions

DIB
7/11/2011, 02:18 PM
oh meth, i thought you were good with equations and functions

The meth helps me do math faster.

♪ ♫ I can't eat. I can't sleep. But I have the cleanest house on the street. Meth. Meth. Ooh. Ooh. Meth. ♫ ♪

The
7/11/2011, 02:18 PM
The meth helps me do math faster.

♪ ♫ I can't eat. I can't sleep. But I have the cleanest house on the street. Meth. Meth. Ooh. Ooh. Meth. ♫ ♪

I internet love you.

StoopTroup
7/11/2011, 02:20 PM
so using your logic - about as much as your own posts say about you?

I have the balls to state a few things that seem to be a bit shady about the whole story and you don't like the fact that the Cadet might not be a great person. However....I think it's just as wrong to cast a shadow over a very successful Lady who is 67 years old being the type of person who would tell her Security detail to beat his *** for standing to close to her luggage.

Is it to much to ask for her folks to ask him to stand back?

Why didn't he?

Again....I'm saying there's evidence that wasn't there to really judge this.

I have never thought he deserved to have his *** beat like that. Even he said..."I shouldn't have taken them on by myself".

Paint it however you want....but I think there's more to the story.

jk the sooner fan
7/11/2011, 02:24 PM
i wasnt there, all i've seen is a grainy video of a kid getting his *** beat - there is no breathalyzer on the video - and there are conflicting stories

so i'm just not going to sit here and make up wild *** guesses as to what was said or what wasnt said - and pass judgment one way or the other

Patty Labelle doesnt have anymore right to that area than he does ,and vice versa

you're saying they asked him to stand back like you were there and heard it - but you werent and you didnt

like it was said earlier - you're just making **** up....it has nothing to do with any thing personal between you and I because i'm not the only one that has the same thoughts about your posts on the matter

StoopTroup
7/11/2011, 02:29 PM
Anyone that want's to paint a story that this young man of 23 years old was sober during Spring Break and just waiting for his ride and a bunch of 43 and 63 year old gang member/Bored Body Guards jumped him because they enjoy putting Patti LaBelle's Luggage by people and then jumping them and beating them to within an inch of their life for kicks can go ahead and make it.

It's not exactly the way I see it.

sooner_born_1960
7/11/2011, 02:31 PM
I don't see how his sobriety, or lack of, would make any difference.

DIB
7/11/2011, 02:32 PM
Anyone that want's to paint a story that this young man of 23 years old was sober during Spring Break and just waiting for his ride and a bunch of 43 and 63 year old gang member/Bored Body Guards jumped him because they enjoy putting Patti LaBelle's Luggage by people and then jumping them and beating them to within an inch of their life for kicks can go ahead and make it.

It's not exactly the way I see it.

I like how you invent a contrary position that no one made just so you can argue against it. Do you often argue with yourself?

StoopTroup
7/11/2011, 02:54 PM
Patty Labelle doesnt have anymore right to that area than he does ,and vice versa

I think she has a right to sit in her limo and I think she has a right to ask someone to give them some space while they are loading her stuff. I know that I'm not the type of person that would stand so close while talking on my cell phone that it would stress other people out. I think our Society has become very different since the Cell Phone became a part of all of our lives and that many people talk on them like the World revolves around them and that if others don't like it....they can take a walk or move instead of being just a bit more conscience of other people's feelings. It might be that there were no words ever directly said or there could have been words like "I'm just here waiting for my ride and this bunch of idiots just pulled their **** right in front of me and didn't say excuse me or anything. They act like the whole World revolves around them and I'm just sitting here minding my own business....blah blah blah.....

People these days don't go out of their way to get along. This doesn't always lead to the perfect day. Most of the time it leads to things like this. So you can preach that he had the right to whatever you want and you could preach that they just plopped LaBelle's luggage right in front of him and even maybe one of them fell off on his toe and that they told him to "You can see we are loading luggage.....why don't you stand the hell back dumbass!". I can then see more words being passed between both parties until one of them went off the deep end. Maybe LaBelle did roll down the window and said beat his ***!

Still.....look at what happened. He ended up at the hospital and having the Police take laBelle's story. They might have even cut him a break by not charging him with hate speak since he got his *** beat so bad.

you're saying they asked him to stand back like you were there and heard it - but you werent and you didnt
like it was said earlier - you're just making **** up....it has nothing to do with any thing personal between you and I because i'm not the only one that has the same thoughts about your posts on the matter

No...I'm trying to make sense of it all as to why someone would get that mad at someone that was just standing there minding their own business. After this story was posted on here there seemed to be a pretty quick bunch of folks start to feel sorry for this kid and even call for reinstatement at West Point. Because he was jumped at the Airport for no reason.

I think there is a bunch of video missing on that video and it would have been great if it had taped a larger amount of the area where King was Standing as it might give us a bit more evidence that he wasn't just talking on his cell phone minding his own business and maybe he was asking LaBelle who she was? Maybe he was playing traffic Cop? Maybe he asked her for a ride?

Somehow it got to the point that instead of minding his own business....he got into a physical altercation instead of getting off the phone or walking away from them.

He's got the right to stand on his head there too but I doubt the Airport Security would allow him to do it.

StoopTroup
7/11/2011, 03:00 PM
I like how you invent a contrary position that no one made just so you can argue against it. Do you often argue with yourself?

Yes. There's an Angel on one shoulder and a Devil on the other and sometimes I don't make the right decision.

http://media.screened.com/uploads/0/4836/259335-animal_house_pinto1_large.jpg

StoopTroup
7/11/2011, 03:01 PM
I don't see how his sobriety, or lack of, would make any difference.

Difference with what? His getting kicked out of West Point?

What if LaBelle has Video of this guy screaming at her and later her Attorney sits down with King's Attorney and he drops his claim against her? If he just lets it go and does his 18 months and re-applies at West Point will you still think nothing made any difference? It's possible that none of us really know or understand why West Point kicked him out for just being attacked but they took someone's information supposedly and made a decision to reprimand a Senior Cadet. I would think they wouldn't do that based on just a phone call. I think there's more to the story. Maybe West Point isn't happy for the attention he brought on them, maybe he had other problems we don't know about?

Whatever the case...in 18 months King re-applies and it will be interesting what the outcome of that is. Maybe they think the Law Suit needs to be resolved is all.

I hope he's found innocent but I just have this feeling he isn't exactly and angel. I could be wrong.

NormanPride
7/11/2011, 03:21 PM
Dude, what the **** are you talking about? You've invented more **** about this simple story than everyone else here combined.

Fish&Game
7/11/2011, 03:24 PM
You tell a nice story ST...you should write harry potter books.

Mongo
7/11/2011, 03:27 PM
wow

3rdgensooner
7/11/2011, 03:31 PM
Difference with what? His getting kicked out of West Point?

What if LaBelle has Video of this guy screaming at her and later her Attorney sits down with King's Attorney and he drops his claim against her? If he just lets it go and does his 18 months and re-applies at West Point will you still think nothing made any difference? It's possible that none of us really know or understand why West Point kicked him out for just being attacked but they took someone's information supposedly and made a decision to reprimand a Senior Cadet. I would think they wouldn't do that based on just a phone call. I think there's more to the story. Maybe West Point isn't happy for the attention he brought on them, maybe he had other problems we don't know about?

Whatever the case...in 18 months King re-applies and it will be interesting what the outcome of that is. Maybe they think the Law Suit needs to be resolved is all.

I hope he's found innocent but I just have this feeling he isn't exactly and angel. I could be wrong.

And then you found $5?

tator
7/11/2011, 03:34 PM
http://mybfolder.org/albums/userpics/10001/1289201565740.jpg

dynersooner
7/11/2011, 03:34 PM
Stoop, i think you left out one important part.

the cops got thier picture taken with her.

she did this for the freaking photo op!!!

stop defending her!!!

The
7/11/2011, 03:35 PM
Is this thread worth the read?

dynersooner
7/11/2011, 03:38 PM
Is this thread worth the read?

if youre stoopTroop, its worth at least 5 hours of yoru life youll never get back.

YOU be the judge...

3rdgensooner
7/11/2011, 03:39 PM
Is this thread worth the read?Do you like internet paragraphs?

What about gladiator movies?

The
7/11/2011, 03:42 PM
if youre stoopTroop, its worth at least 5 hours of yoru life youll never get back.

YOU be the judge...
I like a challenge.

Do you like internet paragraphs?

What about gladiator movies?

I like internets. And I like paragraphs. I don't know if I'd like the combo, though.

And I prefer my gay porn hardcore, thank you very much.

Mongo
7/11/2011, 03:43 PM
WHY didnt the police pull a tube of This obviously out of line cadet's blood? It amazes me that he Would stand in a public place Where EVERYONE has the right,to stand. He was probablytoo High to realize what he was doing, but the officers did not SMELL booze on him so he was presumed cleaN. Drugs run rampant in our colleges these days. Students can purchase various drugs through Friends. He could have taken some of his grandmas' morphine before his flight and that could have made him go crazy. you Never know what was in,his system. I bet it was Aderol or something completely different that made him get his *** beat by a woman. Did the police chech his baggages for anything? what if,there is survelance video of him drinking nyquil and hitting a paper sack with good ol krylon as soon as he landed? spray paint these will literally fry your brain, it,will get you high but it will do more damage than the spray paint we grew up on.

we will see how this plays out

3rdgensooner
7/11/2011, 03:46 PM
And I prefer my gay porn hardcore, thank you very much.heh heh you said hard core

OutlandTrophy
7/11/2011, 04:09 PM
WHY didnt the police pull a tube of This obviously out of line cadet's blood? It amazes me that he Would stand in a public place Where EVERYONE has the right,to stand. He was probablytoo High to realize what he was doing, but the officers did not SMELL booze on him so he was presumed cleaN. Drugs run rampant in our colleges these days. Students can purchase various drugs through Friends. He could have taken some of his grandmas' morphine before his flight and that could have made him go crazy. you Never know what was in,his system. I bet it was Aderol or something completely different that made him get his *** beat by a woman. Did the police chech his baggages for anything? what if,there is survelance video of him drinking nyquil and hitting a paper sack with good ol krylon as soon as he landed? spray paint these will literally fry your brain, it,will get you high but it will do more damage than the spray paint we grew up on.

that's a nice touch with the randomly capilized words.

StoopTroup
7/11/2011, 05:13 PM
Stoop, i think you left out one important part.

the cops got thier picture taken with her.

she did this for the freaking photo op!!!

stop defending her!!!

I'm not defending her....I'm just not defending anyone....well I'm defending West Point.

jkjsooner
7/11/2011, 06:52 PM

A very rational post compared to anything Stoop has posted on here.

Romulus
7/11/2011, 09:17 PM
I think ST has a crush on Patti Labelle

StoopTroup
7/11/2011, 09:29 PM
I think ST has a crush on Patti Labelle

I have all her music and I love Marmalade.

StoopTroup
7/11/2011, 09:30 PM
A very rational post compared to anything Stoop has posted on here.

You mean...I shouldn't support West Point's decision and should complain that they made a bad decision?

usmc-sooner
7/11/2011, 09:49 PM
I'm not defending her....I'm just not defending anyone....well I'm defending West Point.

West Point said thanks

GKeeper316
7/11/2011, 09:53 PM
West Point said thanks

you know West Point? can you get me an autograph???

Mongo
7/11/2011, 10:03 PM
I just talked to West Point. we are tight like that. he told me to tell yall to chill the **** out, and he might have made a knee jerk reaction

Romulus
7/11/2011, 10:58 PM
West Point told me to tell you that the Don't Ask, Don't Tell still applies for you

Mongo
7/11/2011, 11:25 PM
West Point told me to tell you that the Don't Ask, Don't Tell still applies for you

that is none of your god damned bidness mister

SoCaliSooner
7/11/2011, 11:30 PM
Patti is wishing that the Culpers hadn't discovered Benedict Arnold was gonna sell West Point to the British.

Mongo
7/11/2011, 11:52 PM
Patti may or may not be a culprit in this fiasco, but the burden is on the man that has several recommendations from elected officials that got him into our tax payer school. what If this school that is supposed to lead our military lets in known wife beaters and serial masturbaters that perform their sniping of young children that walk across the vary streets we pay taxes on? Wouldnt you feel guilty knowing your tax money was used for pedophiles jerking it in their car as some youngster walked by? shame on you. We could use that tax money to make the black tops more smoother and manageable without bending our rims. We could totally abolish the stereotype of white people dont care. Hell, I donate to the united negro fund, but they STILL have their hand out. They need to learn that they need to get off the teet of the government, and joint a ball cradling union as I did. Lazy or not, under qualified? maybe. but at least people are sticking together even when the most serious outbreak of STD's is happening. Imagine you wake up with a cold sore that wasnt there the night before. Who is going to help you? It wont be the regular taxpayers, but the union souls you aligned with, hopefully. Even when the company goes down the ****ter, your union bosses stuck with your claims to Valtrex. lol. Your cold sore lips are funny lol

Turd_Ferguson
7/12/2011, 08:13 AM
Patti may or may not be a culprit in this fiasco, but the burden is on the man that has several recommendations from elected officials that got him into our tax payer school. what If this school that is supposed to lead our military lets in known wife beaters and serial masturbaters that perform their sniping of young children that walk across the vary streets we pay taxes on? Wouldnt you feel guilty knowing your tax money was used for pedophiles jerking it in their car as some youngster walked by? shame on you. We could use that tax money to make the black tops more smoother and manageable without bending our rims. We could totally abolish the stereotype of white people dont care. Hell, I donate to the united negro fund, but they STILL have their hand out. They need to learn that they need to get off the teet of the government, and joint a ball cradling union as I did. Lazy or not, under qualified? maybe. but at least people are sticking together even when the most serious outbreak of STD's is happening. Imagine you wake up with a cold sore that wasnt there the night before. Who is going to help you? It wont be the regular taxpayers, but the union souls you aligned with, hopefully. Even when the company goes down the ****ter, your union bosses stuck with your claims to Valtrex. lol. Your cold sore lips are funny lolYou have unknowingly outed yourself...haha.

jk the sooner fan
7/12/2011, 08:15 AM
this thread is HOF material - is there one of those here?

sappstuf
7/12/2011, 08:23 AM
Patti may or may not be a culprit in this fiasco, but the burden is on the man that has several recommendations from elected officials that got him into our tax payer school. what If this school that is supposed to lead our military lets in known wife beaters and serial masturbaters that perform their sniping of young children that walk across the vary streets we pay taxes on? Wouldnt you feel guilty knowing your tax money was used for pedophiles jerking it in their car as some youngster walked by? shame on you. We could use that tax money to make the black tops more smoother and manageable without bending our rims. We could totally abolish the stereotype of white people dont care. Hell, I donate to the united negro fund, but they STILL have their hand out. They need to learn that they need to get off the teet of the government, and joint a ball cradling union as I did. Lazy or not, under qualified? maybe. but at least people are sticking together even when the most serious outbreak of STD's is happening. Imagine you wake up with a cold sore that wasnt there the night before. Who is going to help you? It wont be the regular taxpayers, but the union souls you aligned with, hopefully. Even when the company goes down the ****ter, your union bosses stuck with your claims to Valtrex. lol. Your cold sore lips are funny lol

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/LEYLAND-UMP.gif.pagespeed.ce.Sg8PdI39dQ.gif

jk the sooner fan
7/12/2011, 08:26 AM
oh i dunno - mongo had to put a lot of thought and effort into writing that - crazy is not easy to copy - especially with a UNT education

5 stars in my opinion

My Opinion Matters
7/12/2011, 08:32 AM
How have I missed this thread? Someone text me or something next time!

The
7/12/2011, 08:33 AM
How have I missed this thread? Someone text me or something next time!

It'll be included in the mailers.

Lawton4Life
7/12/2011, 08:35 AM
You know Patti LaBelle was supposed to sing the National Anthem at the 01 Orange Bowl...she didnt show for some reason and they just got lucky that Toby Keith was there and filled in for her.

StoopTroup
7/12/2011, 12:08 PM
You know Patti LaBelle was supposed to sing the National Anthem at the 01 Orange Bowl...she didnt show for some reason and they just got lucky that Toby Keith was there and filled in for her.

She would have been around 58 or so then and I think she's had even more Health Problems than diabetes.....Just sayin'....

Patti LaBelle Sings out for Diabetes Freedom

Patti LaBelle says she is thankful that she passed out on stage during a concert performance 10 years ago.

That dramatic moment resulted in a diabetes diagnosis for the two-time Grammy Award-winning diva.

The event got LaBelle on track with controlling her blood glucose levels, eating a healthful diet and exercising regularly—all while maintaining an active schedule of performances as one of America’s most popular entertainers.

“I thought I had passed out from exhaustion,” LaBelle told Diabetes Health. “I was rushed to the hospital, and the doctor diagnosed me with diabetes. I don’t know what would’ve happened if I hadn’t passed out that night . . . I wouldn’t have found out I had diabetes [until much later].”

http://www.diabeteshealth.com/read/2004/11/01/4000/patti-labelle-sings-out-for-diabetes-freedom/

StoopTroup
7/12/2011, 12:10 PM
this thread is HOF material - is there one of those here?

King, a Klein Forest High School graduate, is the grandson of J.T. King, famed Texas Tech University football coach. The elder King was inducted to the University of Texas' Men's Athletics Hall of Honor in 1981.

http://img.fanbase.com/media.fanbase.com/8/2366/0fdda992c5eba081cf8e3fe43e9940ee1000d161.jpg?x=541&y=682&sig=aa235eedd7aef4c662f7be129e520812

sappstuf
8/18/2011, 01:42 PM
Cadet in LaBelle guard tussle back at West Point (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_PEOPLE_PATTI_LABELLE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-08-18-12-11-07)

I hope he gets millions from her.

NormanPride
8/18/2011, 01:45 PM
SWEET VINDICATION! MY LIFE IS COMPLETE!

OutlandTrophy
8/18/2011, 01:46 PM
heh West Point just made someone look like a damned fool.

FaninAma
8/18/2011, 01:59 PM

If they were in her employment at the time she is liable for their conduct.

Turd_Ferguson
8/18/2011, 06:52 PM
Cadet in LaBelle guard tussle back at West Point (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_PEOPLE_PATTI_LABELLE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-08-18-12-11-07)

I hope he gets millions from her.I see she's pulled out the race card...nice touch.

jkjsooner
8/18/2011, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the update. This makes me happy but the story isn't over until we hear that the officers on the scene have been fired.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/18/2011, 11:19 PM
^^^This. However, the HPD circles wagon better than most. I bet the current Chief sweeps this under the rug.

MamaMia
8/19/2011, 12:24 AM
Glad to hear this. Now the airport security/groupies need to be canned and LaBelle and her entourage need to whip out the checkbook.

Wishboned
11/15/2011, 10:40 AM
Patti is at it again.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_PEOPLE_PATTI_LABELLE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-11-14-19-11-29

NEW YORK (AP) -- R&B diva Patti LaBelle hurled curses - and half a bottle of water - at a woman and her 18-month-old daughter after a dust-up over parenting in an apartment building lobby, according to a lawsuit filed Monday and the family's lawyer.

LaBelle's publicists and lawyer didn't immediately respond to Kevin and Roseanna Monk's lawsuit.

The couple live in a Manhattan building where the Grammy Award-winning singer stayed for a time while appearing in the Broadway musical "Fela!" last fall, said the Monks' lawyer, Samuel L. Davis.

He said LaBelle chastised Roseanna Monk for letting the toddler take some steps away from the mother as she grappled with some luggage and a car seat in the building's lobby on the afternoon of Nov. 11, 2010. After Monk scooped up the child and told LaBelle it was none of her business, the singer threw water on them from a bottle she was carrying and then launched into an obscenity-filled tirade, he said.

When the child started wailing, Roseanna Monk made a remark to LaBelle, and the singer charged at her and tried to hit her, Davis said.

The Monks filed a complaint with police; no arrests were made.

The lawsuit, which seeks unspecified damages, comes five months after a West Point cadet sued LaBelle over a Houston airport scuffle with her bodyguards. He said they attacked him for no reason in March 2010. She countersued the cadet, saying he tried to get into her limousine and was drunk and using racial slurs, which he denied.

Davis said Roseanna Monk had asked LaBelle for an apology and a donation to a children's cancer charity but was rebuffed. The Monks feel "someone's got to teach her even a diva can't attack and frighten and assault regular people in the building," their lawyer said.

LaBelle's singing career has spanned more than four decades, two Grammys and several hits, including the 1974 disco smash "Lady Marmalade."

NormanPride
11/15/2011, 11:28 AM
I bet that kid threatened her. She was just defending herself!

Midtowner
11/15/2011, 11:36 AM
Patti LaBelle... clearly still fighting for the cause of justice and equality and toddler's rights.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/15/2011, 12:42 PM
I bet that kid threatened her luggage and the baby was just too close to it...She was just defending herself!

FIFY ;)

CrimsonKel
11/16/2011, 09:10 AM
sounds like a bad case of luggage tampering phobia

NormanPride
11/16/2011, 10:10 AM
FIFY ;)

Truth. Babies are known luggage ruiners. Everyone knows it!

Romulus
4/19/2012, 02:16 PM
Sorry for bumping an old thread but was in the Houston airport yesterday and thought of this thread. Any one know how this was resolved?

TheHumanAlphabet
4/19/2012, 02:55 PM
Haven't heard of any updates...

cleller
4/20/2012, 08:22 AM
The kid's lawyer and LaBelle's lawyer are dickering about how many ya-yas he should gitchy gitchy.

StoopTroup
4/20/2012, 10:35 AM
Since the Cadet was re-instated for his Senior Year....he should probably getting ready to graduate?

jk the sooner fan
4/22/2012, 09:29 PM
Since the Cadet was re-instated for his Senior Year....he should probably getting ready to graduate?

my son graduates May 26th - so yes

olevetonahill
4/22/2012, 09:40 PM

Grats to Him
I know yer proud

jk the sooner fan
4/23/2012, 07:07 AM
very much so - thanks!

StoopTroup
4/23/2012, 12:20 PM
Very cool JK.

pphilfran
4/23/2012, 12:41 PM

Congrats!

My brother in law taught there for two "tours"....it is a hell of a place...

MamaMia
4/30/2012, 03:03 PM
Latest news is that Patti LaBelles son gets the courts permission to sue airlines for allegedly serving too much booze to the cadet

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2012/02/labelle_airport_suit_fight_dru.php

jumperstop
4/30/2012, 03:20 PM
Latest news is that Patti LaBelles son gets the courts permission to sue airlines for allegedly serving too much booze to the cadet

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2012/02/labelle_airport_suit_fight_dru.php

You CAN sue for lots of stupid things, won't mean you will win. I don't see how this isn't cut and dry with all the video evidence.

Midtowner
4/30/2012, 03:35 PM
You CAN sue for lots of stupid things, won't mean you will win. I don't see how this isn't cut and dry with all the video evidence.

This is what it's like to litigate against big money. They'll throw so many crap counterclaims at you and everyone else that it'll keep things tied up 'til everyone's ready to call it a day.