PDA

View Full Version : superteam

lasooner123
6/5/2011, 10:16 PM
Anyone want to know how we could become a superteam? hire jim tressel as an assistant. he would help with recruiting and we could even bring some ohio boys in. imagine having stoops and tressel patrolling the sidelines and recruiting.

agoo758
6/5/2011, 10:24 PM
Unfortunate incident aside, Tressel is a great coach.

goingoneight
6/6/2011, 12:20 AM
Tressel's going the way of Neuheisel, IMO. He may be out of coaching for a few years before landing at a smaller job at a school desperate to win. And I don't see Stoops making any move without losing one of his best guys to another HC gig next off-season. Even then, just doesn't seem like it'd ever happen. Whoever hires JT is hiring his reputation and his baggage.

goingoneight
6/6/2011, 12:21 AM
Now, OTOH, there are some quality assistants at tOSU who don't have the stain on their name that the HC has. They may be equally as guilty as the boosters and whatnot, but it wouldn't be as much of a "hey, that guy is bad news" headline as say, hiring a "sweatervest-wearing cheater."

picasso
6/6/2011, 08:41 PM
Tressel could use the same tactics to recruit here that he used in Columbus.

Brilliant!;)

Easting
6/6/2011, 09:29 PM
If I'm Booger Pickens, I'm on the phone with Tressel right now, telling him a private jet is on the way.

SoonerNomad
6/7/2011, 12:32 PM
I am assuming this thread is completely sarcastic. It's the only way I can keep my sanity.

To paraphrase and try to clean up one of the great "roast" jokes of all time, I wouldn't touch Jim Tressel with Bea Arthur's ten foot pole.

Flagstaffsooner
6/7/2011, 01:00 PM
If I'm Booger Pickens, I'm on the phone with Tressel right now, telling him a private jet is on the way. Ding, ding, We have a winner.[hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel]

PalmBeachSooner
6/7/2011, 02:41 PM
Tressel could use the same tactics to recruit here that he used in Columbus.

Brilliant!;)

...and Youngstown St too. Apparently his QB there had special car privileges as well.

SoonerinSouthlake
6/7/2011, 06:09 PM
Tressell will be at a Major University within 2-3 seasons.

SoonerofAlabama
6/7/2011, 06:20 PM
Doubtful, I think it will be a few years before this really dies down. Then, Tressel will have his chance again.

goingoneight
6/7/2011, 06:49 PM
The only kind of program I would expect to hire someone with JT's reputation now would be a team like Texas Tech, Colorado, OSU, etc. Big time programs are intrigued no doubt by the results in the win-loss column, but if they're going to take anybody who's ever been investigated by the NCAA, they're going to want a guy who dealt with it the right way (the reason why Stoops is always mentioned for EVERY major job).
In short, it won't be a "major university" as far as football prowess goes, but in two or three years, he could be back at a BCS job. He ought to have made enough to stay out of the game now, really.

OUmillenium
6/7/2011, 07:05 PM
I am assuming this thread is completely sarcastic. It's the only way I can keep my sanity.

To paraphrase and try to clean up one of the great "roast" jokes of all time, I wouldn't touch Jim Tressel with Bea Arthur's ten foot pole.

Jeff is that you?

yermom
6/7/2011, 07:10 PM
Tressel's going the way of Neuheisel, IMO. He may be out of coaching for a few years before landing at a smaller job at a school desperate to win. And I don't see Stoops making any move without losing one of his best guys to another HC gig next off-season. Even then, just doesn't seem like it'd ever happen. Whoever hires JT is hiring his reputation and his baggage.

Tressel to Colorado!