PDA

View Full Version : It's official: we are a nation of victims

lexsooner
6/5/2011, 05:17 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/05/24/scitech/main20065864.shtml

Whet
6/5/2011, 05:40 PM
Yes, I would agree that white males are discriminated against based on the color of their skin and gender. Much more so in the government and especially since January 2009.

Memtig14
6/5/2011, 05:41 PM
Well, it is legal to discriminate against whites.

3rdgensooner
6/5/2011, 06:16 PM
It's hard out there for a white dude.

yermom
6/5/2011, 06:21 PM
:(

C&CDean
6/5/2011, 06:25 PM

You don't know the half of it beeyotch.

3rdgensooner
6/5/2011, 06:34 PM
The name calling isn't necessary.

Blue
6/5/2011, 06:36 PM
Maybe not necessary, but funny nonetheless.

C&CDean
6/5/2011, 06:37 PM
The name calling isn't necessary.

Making fun of white men when you've never walked a mile in their loafers isn't necessary.

3rdgensooner
6/5/2011, 06:40 PM
Making fun of white men when you've never walked a mile in their loafers isn't necessary.You're right. I don't know, nor am I related to, any white men.

C&CDean
6/5/2011, 06:44 PM
You're right. I don't know, nor am I related to, any white men.

Well then, your future is bright indeed. God bless, green grass and high tides forever...

yermom
6/5/2011, 06:50 PM
You're right. I don't know, nor am I related to, any white men.

but did you ever borrow their loafers?

Wayne Jarvis
6/5/2011, 10:35 PM
I KNOWED IT!
I KNOWED IT!
I KNOWED IT!

What my great-great-great grand-daddy first predicted in Georgia back in 1866 has finally come true!

SanJoaquinSooner
6/6/2011, 12:01 AM
3g, please forgive Dean for his comments. In grad school he had a female professor who made him feel so guilty for being a man, he briefly considered cutting his balls off.

Memtig14
6/6/2011, 12:15 AM
3g, please forgive Dean for his comments. In grad school he had a female professor who made him feel so guilty for being a man, he briefly considered cutting his balls off.

Now you know what all married men go through.

C&CDean
6/6/2011, 08:05 AM

Get your story straight Diego.

I had a Cheetos munching, Dr. Pepper swilling BLACK female professor who ATTEMPTED to make me feel guilty for being a WHITE male. She failed. Miserably.

XingTheRubicon
6/6/2011, 08:27 AM
If you don't want to click the link

(Livescience.com) Despite ongoing racial disparities in America, whites believe they are victims of racism more than blacks, a new study finds.

According to the researchers, the study contradicts the notion of a "post-racial" society ushered in by President Barack Obama's election.

"It's a pretty surprising finding when you think of the wide range of disparities that still exist in society, most of which show black Americans with worse outcomes than whites in areas such as income, home ownership, health and employment," study researcher Samuel Sommers, a psychologist at Tufts University, said in a statement.

Sommers and his colleagues asked a nationwide sample of 208 blacks and 209 whites to complete questionnaires asking how much racial discrimination each group experienced from the 1950s onward. While both groups agreed on the amount of racial discrimination in the 50s, whites believe that racism against blacks decreased faster than blacks do. (Read: Rare Individuals Have No Racial Biases)

The biggest difference, however, was that whites believe that anti-white bias has increased as anti-black bias has decreased. On average, the researchers found, whites rated anti-white racism as more prevalent in the 2000s than anti-black bias by more than a full point on a 10-point scale. Eleven percent of whites said whites are currently "very much" targets of discrimination, compared with 2 percent of blacks who said blacks are "very much" discrimination targets.

The study suggests that whites see racial equality as a zero-sum game, in which one group wins at the other's expense.

"These data are the first to demonstrate that not only do whites think more progress has been made toward equality than do blacks, but whites also now believe that this progress is linked to a new inequality -- at their expense," Sommers and his colleagues wrote in May in the journal Perspectives on Psychological Science.

Midtowner
6/6/2011, 09:05 AM
You think discrimination against white males is rough, try being a white male lawyer.

(I kid of course, this topic is pretty absurd)

3rdgensooner
6/6/2011, 09:08 AM
but did you ever borrow their loafers?No, they're too big for my uber-sheltered geisha princess feet.

delhalew
6/6/2011, 09:19 AM
Social Engineering. Dig it.

OhU1
6/6/2011, 09:33 AM
Yeah, and try being a rich white man! They discriminate by taking a lot of your money and threatening to cut your second vacation home mortgage tax deduction.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/6/2011, 09:36 AM
"It's a pretty surprising finding when you think of the wide range of disparities that still exist in society, most of which show black Americans with worse outcomes than whites in areas such as income, home ownership, health and employment," study researcher Samuel Sommers, a psychologist at Tufts University, said in a statement.

Everyone knows that's because black people are lazy.

*duck*

lexsooner
6/6/2011, 09:59 AM
Yeah, and try being a rich white man! They discriminate by taking a lot of your money and threatening to cut your second vacation home mortgage tax deduction.

Personally, my heart bleeds for white bankers. Everyone not only discriminates against them, but also wants to blame them for the financial crisis. This is reverse discrimination.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/6/2011, 10:04 AM
Well the Dems plan has worked...They have demonized so many people against so many people that nothing can get done and the FEDGOV will have to step in and make things "RIGHT"...

TheHumanAlphabet
6/6/2011, 10:06 AM
Yeah, and try being a rich white man! They discriminate by taking a lot of your money THAT WAS PERSONALLY EARNED and threatening to cut your second vacation home mortgage tax deduction THAT YOU EARNED ENOUGH MONEY TO BE ABLE TO BUY AND BE SMART ENOUGH TO USE THE TAX DEDUCTION THAT CONGRESS GAVE YOU LEGALLY.

FIFY

purplecrayon
6/6/2011, 10:11 AM

I am a hard white dude.

My Opinion Matters
6/6/2011, 10:13 AM
NSFW language:

TG4f9zR5yzY

Ginger comedian's perspective > Academic perspective > whinny cry babby white male perspective.

soonerchk
6/6/2011, 02:22 PM
I wonder how many calories you can burn by jumping to conclusions?

Breadburner
6/6/2011, 02:32 PM
I wonder how many calories you can burn by jumping to conclusions?

How big is your butt.......:D

soonerchk
6/6/2011, 02:43 PM
How big is your butt.......:D

1 plane seat worth.

Hot Rod
6/6/2011, 02:55 PM
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ld5b580ycK1qabyyyo1_500.jpg