PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Rugby 7's

Doged
6/5/2011, 09:51 AM
Anyone else watch yesterday's NCAA championship tournament matches?

The Sooner squad is one of the biggest in the 16 team field, but were completely overmatched by the speed of both tejas and Arizona. The final OU match yesterday was against Temple and I didn't get to see that one.

If you want to catch it, our next match is against Navy at about 12:45 eastern time today. I think it's on Universal Sports Network, but VS and NBC have some of the matches. I think the match against Navy is an elimination match.

Doged
6/5/2011, 08:01 PM
Well, maybe I'm the only rugby 7's fan on the board lol. Just to recap, we lost to Navy and were in fact eliminated at that point. It was a great tournament, though. Favorites Cal, Utah and Arizona were all 3 beaten in the early matches. Dartmouth played a great game against a very, very good Army team in the finals and took the national championship. Good times!

SoonerofAlabama
6/5/2011, 09:36 PM
Well, if I can watch it, I will. My dad played rugby for KSU and I have tried to catch some when I can.

Curly Bill
6/5/2011, 10:39 PM
I watched a few minutes of it. I'll go on record and say it's the stupidest sport I've ever seen.

Doged
6/9/2011, 08:11 AM
I watched a few minutes of it. I'll go on record and say it's the stupidest sport I've ever seen.

Guess you haven't seen many sports, then. :D

I prefer 7's over 15's because it's so much faster, but I like both. Many of the World Series 7's tournaments are being shown on Universal Sports if anyone wants to catch them. The U.S. tournament was here in Las Vegas and was a lot of fun.

jumperstop
6/9/2011, 08:23 AM
Stupidest sport ever? I was in Europe for two weeks and when the sports networks talk about cricket and darts and car racing for hours on end you might change your mind...hell rugby is better than baseball.

I prefer 7's myself. Too much standing around in 15's, kinda like soccer. I saw it on last night and watched it, but didn't know OU was in that tourney. I wish I could watch more of it here in America. Every time I see it on I watch it.

Doged
6/9/2011, 09:58 AM
Sadly OU had no success at all in the NCAA tournament, but it was cool to get to see them there as one of the supposedly best 16 teams in the nation.

Curly Bill
6/10/2011, 02:14 PM
I watched lots of cricket when I was stationed in Japan. ESPN out of Hong Kong showed it frequently. I'll take cricket over any form of rugby every day of the week.

...and darts isn't a sport.