6/5/2011, 08:45 AM
when you feel that the guy you just shot is still a threat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AA_dgRdDhk

Mongo
6/5/2011, 08:54 AM
that looked like it hurts

Sooner_Tuf
6/5/2011, 08:58 AM
The bad guy was shot multiple times in both situations. There was no second guy that we can see in this one.

You are saying you like the look of one better than the other? Of course video gives us an insight to what it is happening but doesn't really take us there. It tells us a part of the story but does not give us all the facts.

The main difference between this robbery and the one at Reliable Pharmacy is the criminals of Ohio do not have David Prater in their corner.

jk the sooner fan
6/5/2011, 09:07 AM
dear sooner tuf

im pushing buttons - please reset yours...all those words up there....i'm saying this:

good guy 1, bad guy 0

jk the sooner fan
6/5/2011, 09:08 AM
actually - i will say this - the clerk with the gun took a huge risk shooting at the bad guy with the woman and kid standing where they were - that could have gone very badly - it might have been smarter to just give the dude the cash

Mongo
6/5/2011, 09:15 AM
actually - i will say this - the clerk with the gun took a huge risk shooting at the bad guy with the woman and kid standing where they were - that could have gone very badly - it might have been smarter to just give the dude the cash

yeah, but looked like that dude was very well trained to use that thing. He was calm as can be talking to that other lady while unholstering the gun.

XingTheRubicon
6/5/2011, 09:18 AM
and just like the Ersland case, thank God nobody important got hurt

OutlandTrophy
6/5/2011, 09:20 AM
no joke, that's was very very dangerous to do with the mom and kid inbetween the shooters.

glad it turned out for the best

Sooner_Tuf
6/5/2011, 09:31 AM

Yes it was evident in your first post that you were saying more. You wouldn't have posted it if you didn't want a response.

Why would it have been smarter to give the guy the cash? What if he started shooting during the robbery? You think if the robber had been successful that would discourage him or others from continuing this behavior?

You guys kill me. The clerk isn't the problem. He was at work doing what working people do. The fact that people feel the need to spend their hard earned dollars on weapons to defend themselves should be a clue to you to open your eyes and look around.

Memtig14
6/5/2011, 11:32 AM
The clerk should get life in prison if not the death penalty.

The BG was running away and clearly no longer a threat to anyone. He was also obviously just trying to better his life by taking up this new career which this insensitive clerk has now stolen from him.

;)

jk the sooner fan
6/5/2011, 12:00 PM
Yes it was evident in your first post that you were saying more. You wouldn't have posted it if you didn't want a response.

Why would it have been smarter to give the guy the cash? What if he started shooting during the robbery? You think if the robber had been successful that would discourage him or others from continuing this behavior?

You guys kill me. The clerk isn't the problem. He was at work doing what working people do. The fact that people feel the need to spend their hard earned dollars on weapons to defend themselves should be a clue to you to open your eyes and look around.

i applaud the clerk - i have a CHL myself and would have done the same damn thing..kudo's to him for being a great shot and acting so cool in a tough situation

my point was - he felt threatened after shooting him - he kept his gun pointed at him even though he was apparently on the ground - never turned his back.......see, you guys that cant read kill me......the title of the thread said everything about the point i was making

oumartin
6/5/2011, 12:02 PM
you wanna threaten someone then become a coward when someone is willing to play the game with you? If you get one between the eyes then oh well.

What this country needs is a little more street justice!

Oh, and I am saddened by the fact mr. farmacy got sent to prison. kid got what was coming.

Sooner_Tuf
6/5/2011, 12:21 PM
i applaud the clerk - i have a CHL myself and would have done the same damn thing..kudo's to him for being a great shot and acting so cool in a tough situation

my point was - he felt threatened after shooting him - he kept his gun pointed at him even though he was apparently on the ground - never turned his back.......see, you guys that cant read kill me......the title of the thread said everything about the point i was making

So the guy that turned his back and ran didn't feel threatened? Because we all know that is the standard - turn your back no fear.

I could tell you were applauding the clerk when you posted the follwing;

Originally Posted by jk the sooner fan

After all the most important part of any accolade is telling someone it would have been smarter to do something other than what they did.

I am not sure why you have a CHL (CCW?) if you think it is better to just give "the dude the cash".

OutlandTrophy
6/5/2011, 12:31 PM
that was a huge risk. right? I mean you're not taking the stand that it wasn't, are you?

OutlandTrophy
6/5/2011, 12:43 PM
how in the world does that mother just stand there when bullets are flying?
I would hope that my wife would have junior on the ground as soon as a firearm was brandished.

Turd_Ferguson
6/5/2011, 12:49 PM
Was wondering the same. Can you imagine how loud that was?

Sooner_Tuf
6/5/2011, 12:50 PM
that was a huge risk. right? I mean you're not taking the stand that it wasn't, are you?

If you are addressing me please be more specific. Was what a huge risk?

What about taking the stand? What stand? You want my testimony about what I saw on a two dimensional video on YouTube? For real?

Are you trying to put the monkey on the clerk's back? For all we know he prevented an armed criminal from murdering the four innocent people in the video.

What exactly do you think the robber was threatening to do with that weapon? I mean you aren't saying the robber wasn't thinking about shooting those people are you?

OutlandTrophy
6/5/2011, 12:56 PM
If you are addressing me please be more specific. Was what a huge risk?

What about taking the stand? What stand? You want my testimony about what I saw on a two dimensional video on YouTube? For real?

Are you trying to put the monkey on the clerk's back? For all we know he prevented an armed criminal from murdering the four innocent people in the video.

What exactly do you think the robber was threatening to do with that weapon? I mean you aren't saying the robber wasn't thinking about shooting those people are you?

jeebus, I ask one question that you dodge and then come back with 47 oquestions of your own? Impressive.

The huge risk was shooting the amerd burglar with a mother holding her kid inbetween the clerk and the criminal. I thought that was pretty evident. I'm glad it worked it out for everyone. It appeared that you were arguing (taking a stand) that that was not risky. My apologies if you were not.

I am not putting the monkey on the clerk's back, he did a great job. If that situation was figure skating or gymnastics I'd give him a 5.0.

Thankfully life if more like football and all that matters is that you scored not that there were two fumbles and one missed block on a 70 yard TD run.

Sooner_Tuf
6/5/2011, 12:56 PM
how in the world does that mother just stand there when bullets are flying?
I would hope that my wife would have junior on the ground as soon as a firearm was brandished.

I would guess she was shocked and trying to comprehend what was going on there. Maybe the robber demanded nobody move, who knows?

Really when you are critiquing the actions of the bystanders I think maybe you have missed the point.

tcrb
6/5/2011, 12:57 PM
There's always a risk when you start popping off rounds with bystanders nearby in a confined area. I think the clerk probably had a clearer field of fire than it appears on that video because of the angle that the camera is pointed makes it look like he was firing much closer to the mom/kid than I think it was. He was obviously confident in his marksmanship, it was the bad guy firing off an errant round that would have worried me more than my own accuracy. You cant see the position of the bad guy as he is lying on the ground, or the location of his firearm, so I'm guessing that the shooter was concerned that the guy still had hiis gun in-hand and could still somehow get off a shot at him. Better to be safe than sorry in that situation.

OutlandTrophy
6/5/2011, 12:59 PM
I would guess she was shocked and trying to comprehend what was going on there. Maybe the robber demanded nobody move, who knows?

Really when you are critiquing the actions of the bystanders I think maybe you have missed the point.

just thinking out loud here, sorry if I am offending you.

OutlandTrophy
6/5/2011, 01:03 PM
also, it looks like you're wanting to seriously argue about anything I post. I don't know why.

I would think that a normal reaction to someone not trained to run towards gunfire would be to drop to the ground and to maybe protect a child. I didn't make any negative nor positive comments about her standing there, just wondered aloud about how a person could stand there like she did.

Sooner_Tuf
6/5/2011, 01:06 PM
jeebus, I ask one question that you dodge and then come back with 47 oquestions of your own? Impressive.

The huge risk was shooting the amerd burglar with a mother holding her kid inbetween the clerk and the criminal. I thought that was pretty evident. I'm glad it worked it out for everyone. It appeared that you were arguing (taking a stand) that that was not risky. My apologies if you were not.

I am not putting the monkey on the clerk's back, he did a great job. If that situation was figure skating or gymnastics I'd give him a 5.0.

Thankfully life if more like football and all that matters is that you scored not that there ware two fumbles and one missed block on a 70 yard TD run.

It wasn't evident to me what you were asking. Thanks for clarifying.

I wasn't there and two dimensional video may or may not reflect distances accurately. But I would assume that is why the clerk moved to the right of the video before firing. The clerk either by accident or prior training handled himself perfectly. He stood up and used the counter and the other employee to shield the fact he was drawing a weapon. He moved to where he could use his sights and see his target clearly. He appears to fire three aimed shots rapidly and apparently accurately. He wasn't scared of his weapon. He was prepared to save his own life and the lives of the others there. I can't see one thing he could have done better.

For a second after the robber is out the door he turns and runs back to the left of the screen before returning to cover what must have been the downed robber outside the door. At this point I wouldn't care if he lit the BBQ and tossed hotdogs on it for a celebration of life.

Sooner_Tuf
6/5/2011, 01:27 PM
also, it looks like you're wanting to seriously argue about anything I post. I don't know why.

I would think that a normal reaction to someone not trained to run towards gunfire would be to drop to the ground and to maybe protect a child. I didn't make any negative nor positive comments about her standing there, just wondered aloud about how a person could stand there like she did.

I don't want to argue with you. You directed your post asking for clarification from me.

I don't think the woman really knew what was happening. I have never been present when an armed robbery took place. But I have been in urban places when unfriendlies have directed fire towards us. I have never seen an innocent bystander that wasn't shot drop to the ground. They usually run away from the conflict. Smart ones look for cover. But until they have a clue what is going on they just tend to stand there. Soldiers aren't much different, until they can ascertain where the threat is they can't take much action.

Again I don't mean to argue with you and I have better things to do this afternoon. But seriously how can you say your comments about the mother who just happened to be in the wrong place were not negative?

"How could she just stand there?" Obviously nobody here can answer that but it implies you think she made a poor choice. You even went so far as to say you would hope your wife would do something else.

What if the robber said "Anyone moves and I blow them away"? Would you still want your wife to move with your child?

This ended as well as did because the clerk was alert and he didn't pause implementing his plan to survive. The onus of the whole situation is on the robber. He took it upon himself to enter the motel/hotel make demands while threatening violence with a weapon.

Sooner_Tuf
6/5/2011, 01:31 PM
just thinking out loud here, sorry if I am offending you.

No and I apologize if I gave that impression.

AlboSooner
6/5/2011, 01:35 PM

yeah, but looked like that dude was very well trained to use that thing. He was calm as can be talking to that other lady while unholstering the gun.

both good points. With the woman and child so close, I probably just let him have the money.

jk the sooner fan
6/5/2011, 01:55 PM

you got that too huh? i'll use the ignore feature from now on - this isnt the first thread

Mongo
6/5/2011, 02:33 PM
she didnt move because she is a mom. armed robbery and semi auto pistol fire is nothing compared to child birth and dealing with an infant

yermom
6/5/2011, 02:46 PM
and the clerk was fired the next day ;)