PDA

View Full Version : Eating Challenges

GDC
6/4/2011, 10:08 PM
Tonight I ate the 32 oz steak at Santa Fe Cattle Company, along with a beer, water, fried onions and jalepenos, bread, peanuts, rice and beans. I got a tee shirt, 10% off card good for a year, and my picture on the wall.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3560/3286720578_e5dd8cff00.jpg

I'm feeling pretty good so far. What eating challenges have you done?

SoonerofAlabama
6/4/2011, 10:13 PM
Zero. Next up on the list though for you: The Big Texan 72 oz. Steak Challenge

royalfan5
6/4/2011, 10:16 PM
I regularly eat my own cooking. That's a challenge of sorts.

GDC
6/4/2011, 10:21 PM

A friend of mine was there this past week and some guy was trying the 72 oz. steak challenge. She said he made it through all the sides and 2/3's of the steak before he quit.

CowboyMRW
6/4/2011, 10:21 PM

Did that challenge. Beat it. Toughest thing ever. It was worth it though. I was with 6 friends when I did it so I couldn't puss out which really helped

SoonerofAlabama
6/4/2011, 11:09 PM
Did that challenge. Beat it. Toughest thing ever. It was worth it though. I was with 6 friends when I did it so I couldn't puss out which really helped

I respect you a lot more for that. I have seen it on TV, it definitely looks like they are trying to make you lose. Here is aquestion: How much is that steak if you don't eat it all?

SoonerofAlabama
6/4/2011, 11:11 PM

And how did you feel afterwords?

cantwait48
6/4/2011, 11:32 PM

and how big a boy are ya?

SoCaliSooner
6/5/2011, 12:12 AM
And how did you feel afterwords?

http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/eat-outdoors.jpg

Like Chet after finishing off the Ol' 96er...

SoonerBread
6/5/2011, 12:36 AM
College. What-a-burger. One of everything on the menu challenge.

Loser paid winner back for his purchase.

I lost.

Flagstaffsooner
6/5/2011, 07:52 AM
A Dinkos darlin with 2 lookin at you.

texaspokieokie
6/5/2011, 08:04 AM
the biggest challenge for me is to NOT eat too much.

Sooner_Tuf
6/5/2011, 09:23 AM
I respect you a lot more for that. I have seen it on TV, it definitely looks like they are trying to make you lose. Here is aquestion: How much is that steak if you don't eat it all?

The website says it is $72 to try. I haven't been there in probably fifteen years it was about $40 then. No I didn't try. I have eaten three of four times over the years. It's not very good, about like most of the chain steakhouses all over the country.

http://www.bigtexan.com/restaurant.html

Curly Bill
6/5/2011, 01:52 PM
The Big Texan serves up a good, but not great steak. Last time I was there two guys, both just regular sized fellas, ate the whole dealio.

I can eat a lot, but there's no way in hell I'd even try it.

KantoSooner
6/5/2011, 01:53 PM
Chinese pork blood soup. It's not an issue of quantity, but still a challenge to eat.

ouwasp
6/5/2011, 02:01 PM
Kanto's quip about blood soup made me think of the blood pudding I ate in Britain, so that's my challenge; eating meals at an RAF base during a deployment back in the 80's... Yecccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhh

Did it, never care to do it again. No wonder we had a revolution against that bunch, with the chow they serve...

Curly Bill
6/5/2011, 03:56 PM
Sounds like something the Spartans ate back in the day.

dynersooner
6/6/2011, 09:13 AM
no challenge existed, but at Jones Road Ice house in Houston I ate a whole CFS for two, okra and mashed. Then the mgr walked over and said he couldnt believe i ate the whole thing, said hed neevr seen anyone do that, and wanted to start a challenge to see who could top that. so i said before you do that, bring me an apple pie ala mode, too, and make that part of the chalenge. This was about 12 years ago. i havent been back in about 7 years, but my picture and receipt stamped COMPED were still hanging on the wall the last time i was there...

i never did find that five dolalrs, tho...

jk the sooner fan
6/6/2011, 09:14 AM
I got a tee shirt, 10% off card good for a year, and my picture on the wall.

so you've got that going for you....

Jammin'
6/6/2011, 09:16 AM
no challenge existed, but at Jones Road Ice house in Houston I ate a whole CFS for two, okra and mashed. Then the mgr walked over and said he couldnt believe i ate the whole thing, said hed neevr seen anyone do that, and wanted to start a challenge to see who could top that. so i said before you do that, bring me an apple pie ala mode, too, and make that part of the chalenge. This was about 12 years ago. i havent been back in about 7 years, but my picture and receipt stamped COMPED were still hanging on the wall the last time i was there...

Did SoCal send you this lie?

mgsooner
6/6/2011, 09:18 AM
Not sure I understand the lure of these "eating challenges". Let's see, I can eat a disgusting amount of food and feel like absolute sh*t for a solid two days afterward. In return for that I get a free t-shirt that I might wear when I'm changing the oil in my truck, 10% off at a crappy chain restaurant, and a picture on the wall of said crappy chain restaurant. The rewards don't seem to justify the challenge...

opksooner
6/6/2011, 09:57 AM

Ba........da........BING!

Nice. :)

dynersooner
6/6/2011, 10:10 AM
Did SoCal send you this lie?

he helped me embellish. but unlike socali, when you call me out on a lie, im not going to run right out and prove its the truth. a lie can just be a lie, sometimes.

Jammin'
6/6/2011, 10:25 AM
he helped me embellish. but unlike socali, when you call me out on a lie, im not going to run right out and prove its the truth. a lie can just be a lie, sometimes.

The quality and texture of the lie just screamed SoCal. I did expect to see a photo proving the truthiness and you still have time. I'll be here til 5.

dynersooner
6/6/2011, 10:35 AM
The quality and texture of the lie just screamed SoCal. I did expect to see a photo proving the truthiness and you still have time. I'll be here til 5.

that place is FAR from where i live. unless the pic can be googlesed, i aint traipsing my happy *** all the way up there to take a picture of my picture that doesnt really exist.

Jammin'
6/6/2011, 10:40 AM
that place is FAR from where i live. unless the pic can be googlesed, i aint traipsing my happy *** all the way up there to take a picture of my picture that doesnt really exist.

I goooogled "dyner eating a lot of food" and the below pic came up, I say we go with it.

http://phynedyning.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/whatimdrinking.jpg

OutlandTrophy
6/6/2011, 10:42 AM
what kind of an animal is that on the shelf?

I like the shampoo bottle. nice

mgsooner
6/6/2011, 10:43 AM
That's actually hair spray. The plot thickens

GDC
6/6/2011, 01:31 PM

Yeah, well, you take the high points in life when and where you can get them.

OhU1
6/6/2011, 02:04 PM
I like the Man vs Food show but can't imagine why anyone would want to try doing a volume food challenge. These challenges are 5 to 7 pounds of food - a truly disgusting volume of food.

During the last show the challenge was a six pound milk shake and a 1 1/2 pound deli sandwich. Somehow the dude polished it all off.

The "extreme fire wings" or "extreme chili/curry" type challenges at least do not require mind boggling gluttony.

dynersooner
6/6/2011, 02:08 PM
I like the Man vs Food show but can't imagine why anyone would want to try doing a volume food challenge. These challenges are 5 to 7 pounds of food - a truly disgusting volume of food.

During the last show the challenge was a six pound milk shake and a 1 1/2 pound deli sandwich. Somehow the dude polished it all off.

The "extreme fire wings" or "extreme chili/curry" type challenges at least do not require mind boggling gluttony.

give me the volume over hte mind-boggling ensuing fire-***...

Jammin'
6/6/2011, 02:16 PM
give me the volume over hte mind-boggling ensuing fire-***...

You can't really get it too hot for my mouth, my ***/stomach sometimes disagree but they are silent partners, so **** them.

purplecrayon
6/6/2011, 02:29 PM
i predict your next challenge will be teh diabeetus

Sooner Tri
6/6/2011, 03:45 PM
What size is the t-shirt?

GDC
6/6/2011, 03:52 PM
What size is the t-shirt?

5X

mgsooner
6/6/2011, 04:09 PM
The fit must be a little snug

GDC
6/6/2011, 04:49 PM
The fit must be a little snug

Not as snug as your sister, but tighter than your mother, if I remember correctly.

mgsooner
6/6/2011, 04:55 PM
Ooooooooooooooooh, burrrnnnnn