PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Eric Striker...

northspeter
6/4/2011, 10:08 PM
newest committ safety/olb from armwood florida...

Eric Striker (http://youtu.be/DHMJ8udiy-8)

soonerloyal
6/4/2011, 10:15 PM
If it's true and he stays with the commit, he really changed his mind on the SEC:

CxfHlN_KmKU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxfHlN_KmKU&feature=related

Welcome to the Sooner State in 2012.

SoonerofAlabama
6/4/2011, 10:57 PM
Awesome. Looked good. Thanks for the information.

XingTheRubicon
6/5/2011, 09:40 AM
they better play a clip from "Airplane" every time he lays someone out

soonerloyal
6/5/2011, 09:43 AM
Anyone seen a video yet of the kid talking about OU?

soonerloyal
6/5/2011, 10:06 AM
From the Tampa Tribune:

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/armwoods-striker-commits-to-oklahoma/

Armwood’s Striker commits to Oklahoma

Posted Jun 4, 2011 by Bill Ward
Updated Jun 4, 2011 at 05:42 PM

Armwood rising senior outside linebacker Eric Striker, a two-year starter for the Hawks, has made a verbal commitment to the University of Oklahoma, head coach Sean Callahan announced Saturday.

The 6-foot-1, 195-pound Striker was in Norman, Ok., for an unofficial visit today when he made the commitment. He other finalists were Iowa and Ole Miss. Callahan said Striker has said he wanted to play for the Sooners since his freshman year at Armwood.

“When Eric was a ninth grader, he told me two things, that he wanted to be a wide receiver and play for Oklahoma,” Callahan said. “I knew I was going to win one of those things and it turns out to be Oklahoma.”

Striker said when it came to the recruiting process, one of his primary motives all along has been to attend college outside the state of Florida because he wanted to “grow” as a young adult. So after receiving an offer from his dream school and taking a visit there, Striker said it was an easy decision to commit early.

“I always hear about guys wanting to stay home to play college football, to stay close to their mom and family,” Striker said. “But I’ve always wanted to leave Florida so I can grow and learn to take care of myself on my own.”

At the same time, Striker was looking for what he called “high-level football” outside the state. Once he saw Florida play Oklahoma in the 2009 BCS Championship game as an Armwood freshman, Striker was sold on Sooner football.

“From there on out, I’ve been watching Oklahoma,” Striker said. “They’ve got seven Big 12 championships and they just won the last won under Bob Stoops, who’s a good coach.”

For Striker, one of the biggest selling points of Oklahoma is the lack of turnover on their coaching staff. “They’ve got guys on their staff that have been there 10, 12 years, including the coach who recruited me, coach (Brent) Venables,” Striker said. “That’s just a good sign of stability.”

RacerX
6/5/2011, 12:27 PM
For Striker, one of the biggest selling points of Oklahoma is the lack of turnover on their coaching staff. “They’ve got guys on their staff that have been there 10, 12 years, including the coach who recruited me, coach (Brent) Venables,” Striker said. “That’s just a good sign of stability.”

Word.

Curly Bill
6/5/2011, 01:50 PM
Sounds like a smart young man.

jk the sooner fan
6/5/2011, 01:53 PM
For Striker, one of the biggest selling points of Oklahoma is the lack of turnover on their coaching staff. “They’ve got guys on their staff that have been there 10, 12 years, including the coach who recruited me, coach (Brent) Venables,” Striker said. “That’s just a good sign of stability.”[/B]

apparently he isnt aware that all the fans want to FIRE BV!!!!!!!!

Curly Bill
6/5/2011, 01:56 PM
apparently he isnt aware that all the fans want to FIRE BV!!!!!!!!

There are a lot of us! Then there's the rest, that want to queue up to lick his undercarriage. :D

Curly Bill
6/5/2011, 01:59 PM
And actually I'm not even on the fire BV bandwagon anymore. I know Bob wouldn't fire him if they gave up 50 a game next year, and BV drunkenly ran his car into a cloister of nuns.

KantoSooner
6/5/2011, 02:04 PM
he seems remarkably fast. Is that for real, or just because he was playing in a so-so league in high school? (ie, does anyone know anything about Armwood and their competition?)

Peach Fuzz
6/5/2011, 03:21 PM
Writers with 3rd grade spelling errors sucks for my eyes...

Kid looks very smooth and def fast. The Lord has shown him the light :D

Soonerfan88
6/5/2011, 03:25 PM
Kanto, I believe his 40 time is in the 4.6 range.

SoonerofAlabama
6/5/2011, 03:27 PM
Our recruiting class is shaping up to be a very good one. Four of our seven verbal recruitments are on the ESPNU 150 Watch List with more to come. Possibly another great recruiting class from the coaching staff.

texaspokieokie
6/5/2011, 03:33 PM
looky there, SofA got to 1000 very quickly !!!!

SoonerofAlabama
6/5/2011, 03:40 PM
looky there, SofA got to 1000 very quickly !!!!

I joined in April. Is that quick?

BillySimmons
6/5/2011, 03:47 PM
I joined in April. Is that quick?

Over 15 posts a day does seem a bit excessive to me

goingoneight
6/5/2011, 05:32 PM
"Striker" is a great name for a safety. :eek:

gaylordfan1
6/5/2011, 09:37 PM
Looks like Tony Jefferson.

IronHorseSooner
6/6/2011, 08:25 AM
Armwood is perennially a strong team in the Tampa area, and generally has good D1 prospects. This is a good get, and to wrestle him away from FLA, FSU, thUg, and the like, that shows good signs.

SoonerRed
6/6/2011, 12:18 PM
Welcome. Looking forward to watching you play for the next four years.