PDA

View Full Version : FW Regional, Day2

Sooner95
6/4/2011, 11:07 AM
Well, I've not thrown in the towel just yet.

We get ORU today at 3est, a team we can certainly handle. Then we'll wait to see which team we get another crack at. TCU or DBU?

HToady
6/4/2011, 11:29 AM
I have two for the 2:00 game in the shade. $10 each.

I live a block from the TCU campus.

NCSooner18
6/4/2011, 11:44 AM
These are good seats. Nice breeze up there. Thanks again Larry. Wish I could go today.

HToady
6/4/2011, 11:47 AM
Thank Eric,

Enjoyed meeting you. I hope the parking directions were OK.

hvhurricane
6/4/2011, 11:54 AM
Wish I felt differently, but I wouldn't be shocked if we just throw in the towel today. This team just doesn't show any fight.

IndySooner
6/4/2011, 12:11 PM
Agreed 100% hv. I told my wife I wouldn't be surprised at all if this were it today.

TumbleweedDoom
6/4/2011, 12:18 PM
I'm taking a nap during the game. It's a no-win scenario: if OU wins, who cares because they beat a 4-seed and still need three straight wins in two days to advance. And if OU loses, then they're a laughingstock for going 2-and-'que.

Therefore, since I'm like Captain Kirk and don't believe in the no-win scenario, I shall therefore take a nap and pretend like today is a bye.

hvhurricane
6/4/2011, 12:40 PM
My daughter has her first dance recital at the same time as the game. Probably a good thing as I don't need to get myself worked up all over again over this team.

Sooner95
6/4/2011, 01:23 PM
Today's lineup

http://yfrog.com/h8wx4ndbj

IndySooner
6/4/2011, 01:24 PM
Still no Casey Johnson. Did he get in trouble again? Odd that Cody Reine is a staple in the lineup again, all of the sudden.

Sooner95
6/4/2011, 02:12 PM
No score, B1

northspeter
6/4/2011, 02:21 PM
bases loaded 1 out for oru..

Sooner95
6/4/2011, 02:29 PM
3-0 B1 wth?

soonermike53
6/4/2011, 02:30 PM
4-0 smith out, Overton in

ouboomer1
6/4/2011, 02:35 PM
4-0 smith out, Overton in

funny how OU is, Smith pitched a heck of a game last time out and does not last an inning his next start....Story of the season....

Ruf/Nek7
6/4/2011, 02:38 PM
get on top of the ball guys! This is depressing.

mgsooner
6/4/2011, 02:38 PM
It's gonna be a long off-season.

Soonerman82
6/4/2011, 02:39 PM
Facepalm

IndySooner
6/4/2011, 02:44 PM
Time for a few of these guys to move on. We had a good run with them, but their heads, and hearts, are elsewhere now.

mgsooner
6/4/2011, 02:50 PM
omg

Sooner95
6/4/2011, 02:50 PM
This is f'in ****ty.. ORU up 5-0 B2..

mgsooner
6/4/2011, 02:53 PM
lmao

Ruf/Nek7
6/4/2011, 02:54 PM
Looking like both OU teams are punching their tickets out of the postseason today. Sad day

mgsooner
6/4/2011, 02:56 PM
6-0 oru going top 3

JLEW1818
6/4/2011, 03:01 PM
0-2 and BBQ

ouboomer1
6/4/2011, 03:04 PM
1 tough loss and the team folds like a cheap suit...shows a lot about where this team is at chemistry and mentally wise.

Sooner95
6/4/2011, 03:06 PM
Yea **** this ****. Slouches..Have we no pride??

takingastand
6/4/2011, 03:17 PM
I know I was slammed for my opinions in another thread when I mentioned it all goes back to leadership, but I stand by that opinion more then ever now.

Bourbon St Sooner
6/4/2011, 03:20 PM
I'm taking a nap during the game. It's a no-win scenario: if OU wins, who cares because they beat a 4-seed and still need three straight wins in two days to advance. And if OU loses, then they're a laughingstock for going 2-and-'que.

Therefore, since I'm like Captain Kirk and don't believe in the no-win scenario, I shall therefore take a nap and pretend like today is a bye.

Apparently the team is pretending it's an off day as well. What a disappointing season.

IndySooner
6/4/2011, 03:20 PM
I know I was slammed for my opinions in another thread when I mentioned it all goes back to leadership, but I stand by that opinion more then ever now.

Don't go there right now. There are many issues in this program this year. The head coach isn't without blame. He's not the only issue, though. He's not even the biggest one.

takingastand
6/4/2011, 03:24 PM
Agree, there are many issues....Disagree, he is the biggest one. What do you think is the biggest?

IndySooner
6/4/2011, 03:34 PM
Agree, there are many issues....Disagree, he is the biggest one. What do you think is the biggest?

I'm not going to air the team's dirty laundry on this board. I will say that Sunny needs to make some changes in the offseason. Taking a look in the mirror would be a place to start, but there needs to be some house cleaning, too.

FaninAma
6/4/2011, 03:35 PM

That this team could not handle success(or build on their success from last season.) They apparently rested on their laurels during the off season and could not deal with adversity during the season.

takingastand
6/4/2011, 03:35 PM
Oh, I have no doubt there will be many changes.....

soonermike53
6/4/2011, 03:40 PM
Think it is safe to assume that none of these guys improved their draft stock this year..haha. Way too many errors for what was supposed to be a top notch team. Oh, our batting has been horrific too.

bsdsooner
6/4/2011, 03:42 PM
That this team could not handle success(or build on their success from last season.) They apparently rested on their laurels during the off season and could not deal with adversity during the season.

To me, that's another way of saying "it's the coaching."

IndySooner
6/4/2011, 03:44 PM
To me, that's another way of saying "it's the coaching."

I don't think Sunny handled the expectations well at all. I will say that.

IndySooner
6/4/2011, 03:51 PM
Yep. Folded. Just like we thought. Absolutlely sickening.

northspeter
6/4/2011, 03:53 PM
coaching in baseball is overrated... this season was on the players more than anything... a number of good players didnt perform... espescially in the clutch..

takingastand
6/4/2011, 03:54 PM
Why do you suppose they didn't peform?

IndySooner
6/4/2011, 03:55 PM
coaching in baseball is overrated... this season was on the players more than anything... a number of good players didnt perform... espescially in the clutch..

100% disagree with this, by the way. Coaching in baseball is VERY important. Maybe more important that in any other sport.

northspeter
6/4/2011, 04:03 PM
could be any number of reasons... a few of them choked in the postseason last year too... so to me that means they dont play well under pressure... we have some talented guys... but maybe not enough tough, hard nosed guys... i think that tends to be one of sunny's problems from time to time as well... he likes to talk of being a "dirt bag" type basebal guy... but i think he reads his clippings too often as well... that trickles down... i think he'll make the needed adjustments and this will be a better team next year when some of the vets are no longer around...

jadubya
6/4/2011, 04:04 PM

You were slammed because your post sucked. As has already been stated....coaching is not w/o fault...not even close. But you can only lead a horse to water.....at some point the damn animal has to decide to drink.

This team hasn't had "it" all year. Complete inability to seize the moment and execute in key situations....in order win big / close games.

This **** poor performance has exponentially more to do on players who have failed to perform and flat out choked during game situations.

northspeter
6/4/2011, 04:05 PM
100% disagree with this, by the way. Coaching in baseball is VERY important. Maybe more important that in any other sport.

i just disagree... but thats ok...

soonermike53
6/4/2011, 04:18 PM
I'm not going to air the team's dirty laundry on this board. I will say that Sunny needs to make some changes in the offseason. Taking a look in the mirror would be a place to start, but there needs to be some house cleaning, too.

I would like to hear some of it. Maybe send a pm??

Phil
6/4/2011, 04:21 PM
Man, this baseball season has been disappointing. No more so than today. Ugh. At least the softball team made it to the WCWS before going two and out.

hvhurricane
6/4/2011, 04:34 PM
If changes aren't made then I would be surprised. This isn't little league. Someone has to take the fall for this campaign. Today was just another nail in someone's coffin. I don't know who it is going to be, but my guess is that Tadlock moves on to somewhere else.

IndySooner
6/4/2011, 04:35 PM
I would like to hear some of it. Maybe send a pm??

Honestly, I'd rather not. Let's leave it at there's a lot of finger-pointing going on at all levels of the program right now.

IndySooner
6/4/2011, 04:36 PM
If changes aren't made then I would be surprised. This isn't little league. Someone has to take the fall for this campaign. Today was just another nail in someone's coffin. I don't know who it is going to be, but my guess is that Tadlock moves on to somewhere else.

Completely agree. That will be interesting because everything I hear says that this "house of cards" will fall when Tadlock leaves. Will be interesting to see if that's the case. I obviously hope it's not.

Pillmanj
6/4/2011, 04:45 PM
So who are the clubhouse cancers now that the season is over?? After a 16-0 start to being 2 and 'que is just mind boggling. While I dont think we were as good as our start, I dont think we are as bad as our ending. Ready to see some fresh blood on the diamond next year. Feel bad for our seniors who gave a damn.

hvhurricane
6/4/2011, 04:51 PM
Honestly, I'd rather not. Let's leave it at there's a lot of finger-pointing going on at all levels of the program right now.

For those that are looking for dirt, understand that SG is not going to be pointing the finger at himself in the end. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that SG and TT are probably not seeing eye to eye right now. It is one thing for a team to have chemistry problems with the players, but it goes to a whole new level when the coaches are having issues with each other. This season ended in complete epic fail mode. It really doesn't get any worse. They completely quit today. Our pitching decisions were awful. Our hitting couldn't have been any worse. Someone is going to take the fall. I have a feeling it is going to be TT. I think it could end up being a huge dowfall for the program as he is the glue that holds the staff/players together. These issues have always been what has concerned me about SG. I am just not sure he can be the complete package.

takingastand
6/4/2011, 04:51 PM
You were slammed because your post sucked. As has already been stated....coaching is not w/o fault...not even close. But you can only lead a horse to water.....at some point the damn animal has to decide to drink.

This team hasn't had "it" all year. Complete inability to seize the moment and execute in key situations....in order win big / close games.

This **** poor performance has exponentially more to do on players who have failed to perform and flat out choked during game situations.

Chemistry within the team has a LOT to do with it and it's hard to get that horse to the water when you belittle it and cause dissention within the herd.

IndySooner
6/4/2011, 04:54 PM
For those that are looking for dirt, understand that SG is not going to be pointing the finger at himself in the end. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that SG and TT are probably not seeing eye to eye right now. It is one thing for a team to have chemistry problems with the players, but it goes to a whole new level when the coaches are having issues with each other. This season ended in complete epic fail mode. It really doesn't get any worse. They completely quit today. Our pitching decisions were awful. Our hitting couldn't have been any worse. Someone is going to take the fall. I have a feeling it is going to be TT. I think it could end up being a huge dowfall for the program as he is the glue that holds the staff/players together. These issues have always been what has concerned me about SG. I am just not sure he can be the complete package.

Especially when you coach with a "good cop, bad cop" mentality as it seems Sunny does. I don't know that Tadlock will "take the fall". I think he'll take a head coaching position somewhere.

hvhurricane
6/4/2011, 04:57 PM

I agree that the players didn't get it done all year long. I just don't think you can take out of account the mental games the players had to go through all year long while they were trying to perform. There was obviously way more going wrong with this team than just normal chemistry problems and normal lack of performance. These guys were mentally gone later in the season. Something major had to have been going on for that to happen. There was too much talent on the team for them to perform in that manner. We looked like a bunch of zombies out there for the last two months.

hvhurricane
6/4/2011, 05:00 PM
Especially when you coach with a "good cop, bad cop" mentality as it seems Sunny does. I don't know that Tadlock will "take the fall". I think he'll take a head coaching position somewhere.

I think TT will be "encouraged" to take a position at another school, whether that be as a head coach or an assistant.

ouboomer1
6/4/2011, 05:09 PM
I think TT will be "encouraged" to take a position at another school, whether that be as a head coach or an assistant.

is this something you have heard or just speculating at this time?

hvhurricane
6/4/2011, 05:15 PM
is this something you have heard or just speculating at this time?

Speculation based upon what I have heard and speculation based upon what I have seen from SG in the past.

jadubya
6/4/2011, 05:20 PM
Tadlock is a stud. If/when he leaves....this program is going to have a whole lotta challenges.

....and to be very clear.....I absolutely do NOT absolve the coaching staff for their hand in this abortion of a season. However, I don't think that handing out some juiceboxes/smiley faces.....suddenly makes this group able to lay down a bunt, catch a pop fly, field a groundball, or throw strikes....in the clutch.

Sadly...this team proved unable to do those basic "winning baseball 101" things.

As far as the "did they suck because SG was mean or did SG get mean because they were sucking" chicken/egg scenario.....who knows.....probably a little bit of both.

For all the early season swagger.....this team made the run late last year making big plays in the clutch....hell, we would have never made it out of Norman w/o Danny Black making a diving stab against ORU......which ignited our post season fire.

ouboomer1
6/4/2011, 05:24 PM
Speculation based upon what I have heard and speculation based upon what I have seen from SG in the past.

thanks, I guess when news got out that Golloway was no longer going to handle all the team discipline and the players were going to be more involved with calling out other players that is was more serious than I thought it was at that time. No wonder team chemistry was what it was late in the season. Sounds like guys where in two camps, team Golloway and team Tadlock, is that something you have heard?

Sooner11JK
6/4/2011, 06:36 PM

And the Oklahoma program will tumble from that point forward. Mark it down. TT is the only thing holding it together. If you don't believe me on that, that's fine, but trust me when I tell you this. It is in shambles right now. It was last year also, and the year before. TT is who those kids play for. This year they had just finally had enough. Two-a-days the week of regionals with lifing in between? Are you f'ing kidding me? That's all I have. Enjoy.

takingastand
6/4/2011, 06:37 PM
And the Oklahoma program will tumble from that point forward. Mark it down. TT is the only thing holding it together. If you don't believe me on that, that's fine, but trust me when I tell you this. It is in shambles right now. It was last year also, and the year before. TT is who those kids play for. This year they had just finally had enough. Two-a-days the week of regionals with lifing in between? Are you f'ing kidding me? That's all I have. Enjoy.

Couldn't agree more!

mavsfan31
6/4/2011, 06:45 PM
Disappointing season.

hvhurricane
6/4/2011, 06:53 PM
thanks, I guess when news got out that Golloway was no longer going to handle all the team discipline and the players were going to be more involved with calling out other players that is was more serious than I thought it was at that time. No wonder team chemistry was what it was late in the season. Sounds like guys where in two camps, team Golloway and team Tadlock, is that something you have heard?

I think there may have been up to three other camps on top of those two. There was major drama in that clubhouse everyday.

SOONER STEAKER
6/4/2011, 06:55 PM
Couldn't agree more!

I told you guys along time ago, SG is not and will not be the man for OU baseball. He'll blame Tim Tadlock who is the main reason why TX kids want to play at OU. I hate seeing OU baseball fall to SG former employer in ORU, just goes to show that SG isn't who you thought he was.

This team was ranked #2 and then they started playing good teams, guess what? FREE FALL.

Let's not point fingers, let's get a coach who can recruit California like Cochell did, not TX, California. That's where the talent is!!!

BOOMER SOONER, can't wait for football season.

jadubya
6/4/2011, 06:57 PM
/\ steaker.....this post is full of the stupid.

takingastand
6/4/2011, 07:00 PM
/\ this post is full of the stupid.

Or at least one.

IndySooner
6/4/2011, 07:34 PM
It does get old when the same posters only show up to bash our coach when things are going badly. I'll say that.

Sooner95
6/4/2011, 11:15 PM
It does get old when the same posters only show up to bash our coach when things are going badly. I'll say that.

Indeed. I dive into the board for baseball more than any other sports..even tho I love fb and hoops more..but baseball needs the support.

This team underachieved all year, and it's more than just the freakin coach. Hell at this point I am trying to decide one of two things for this team...

Did we OVER achieve last year? OR UNDER achieve this year?

Coaches set it up the plan. Players have to execute the plan.

nighttrain12
6/5/2011, 12:35 AM
Did we OVER achieve last year? OR UNDER achieve this year?

Yes, and yes. Will be interesting to see how the team bounces back next season.

mavsfan31
6/5/2011, 03:43 AM
Agreed, yes and yes.

I can't say this season has me too optimistic about the following year.

We'll see though. I don't think it could go too much worse for next season.

NOVSooner
6/5/2011, 06:53 AM
what juniors do we realistically lose this season to the draft? wonder if the inner workings in the clubhouse will have any bearing on their decision?

IndySooner
6/5/2011, 08:48 AM
Agreed, yes and yes.

I can't say this season has me too optimistic about the following year.

We'll see though. I don't think it could go too much worse for next season.

Don't be so sure.

IndySooner
6/5/2011, 08:52 AM
what juniors do we realistically lose this season to the draft? wonder if the inner workings in the clubhouse will have any bearing on their decision?

I think we could lose quite a few to the draft. I have heard that Bushyhead and Ogle are coming back, but that could change with the draft, etc. Probably not for Bushyhead, but maybe for Ogle. Ogle's got a girl keeping him in town, though.

We'll lose Seitzer and Buechele. Probably Burch Smith. I can't imagine Cody Reine wants to come back but he won't be drafted high, if at all. Add those guys to to the senior we lose and that's a LOT of players to replace for next year. Oh, and at least one underclassman has put in for a transfer at this point.

Gaius_Longinus
6/5/2011, 09:51 AM
Drew Harrison

OutlandTrophy
6/5/2011, 10:05 AM
dang

Battersbox
6/5/2011, 12:10 PM
A few years ago Fred corral was the glue holding the team together......remember when ray hayward was the greatest pitching coach ever he was the also the same guy that won all of one regional game with first rounder David purcey and an outstanding mark Roberts. We all see what happened with that. I definately think Tim tadlock should and most likely will be back but let's not get into panic mode just yet

And for streaker I thought it was just a few years ago that we had to have in state talent to win seems to me we've done ok in that regard so now we need to stop recruiting Texas where there are currently 4 host sites and a national seed made up of Texas talent so explain that one to me...... Because I'm really excited to hear what's next they tell me there's great talent in the dakota's maybe we need to drop it all and start recruiting there.

fwsooner22
6/5/2011, 01:51 PM
Most Pathetic Sooner Baseball I have ever witnessed. There are guys on this team who are not even in shape in June. Getting winded going after a fly ball c'mon seriously. I won't pay a dime for many years to watch OU baseball again. What a Joke that was.

Collier11
6/5/2011, 03:25 PM
Very disappointing, seems that SG lost this team several weeks ago, atleast in some areas.

As for your statement above, that is a joke. Get over yourself

bcolston15
6/5/2011, 06:18 PM
The program needs to get the chip back on its collective shoulder. We played like we were somebody this year rather than playing with something to prove.

You see the results.

Oh, and to the morons who still say, "DBU, we lost to them twice, really?" Hope you enjoy rooting for them in Omaha. I'd bet money that's where they end up.

Anyways, this weekend was a merciful end to a frustrating season.

Here's to next year.

nighttrain12
6/5/2011, 10:30 PM
Wow, #1 seed TCU got eliminated in our regional too. It'll be #3 DBU vs. #4 Oral Roberts for the regional win on Monday night, winner take all.

GoTheDistance
6/5/2011, 11:03 PM
I hope that the Sonny sympathizers on this board had an opportunity to tune in during Mavs commercials tonight to watch Mark Guest throw a complete game for an ORU win over DBU in the first half of the double dip championship at TCU. ORU won 7-2 and will face DBU again tomorrow to see who moves on to Super Regionals. For those who might not know, Mark Guest USED to be a Sooner pitcher who tired of the SG circus.

TumbleweedDoom
6/5/2011, 11:24 PM
Maybe Guest's 6-plus ERA at OU had something to do with him leaving, too.

bcolston15
6/5/2011, 11:40 PM
Maybe it's just the snob in me, but I find it difficult to take people seriously who can't even spell correctly the name of the person they are bashing.

On a related note, I also struggle to take seriously those who mention the departure of Mark Guest in a context that suggests he chose to leave the team on his own.

IndySooner
6/6/2011, 12:41 AM
Maybe it's just the snob in me, but I find it difficult to take people seriously who can't even spell correctly the name of the person they are bashing.

On a related note, I also struggle to take seriously those who mention the departure of Mark Guest in a context that suggests he chose to leave the team on his own.

This. And This.

TumbleweedDoom
6/6/2011, 08:45 AM
He had the worst ERA on the team that year for any regularly-used pitcher. I'm sure they were throwing roadblocks up on Imhoff to keep him from leaving on Highway 9.

fwsooner22
6/6/2011, 10:04 AM
Very disappointing, seems that SG lost this team several weeks ago, atleast in some areas.

As for your statement above, that is a joke. Get over yourself

Not sure I need your criticism. I was sitting right behind our dugout in our second game and watched Reine go after a short fly ball in right. He couldn't get to it but was gassed in the effort. You could hear the groans in the dugout and he didn't reappear in the next inning. Unless you were sitting closer than I was (which would have been in the dugout) you are simply speaking in ignorance. It was a conversation topic all around where we were sitting. It was hot and he is 5'10, 225 lbs. He is not the reason we lost but it appeared to be a symptom of the many problems this team revealed in their brief 18 innings in Fort Worth.

fwsooner22
6/6/2011, 10:07 AM

Yup. It's a lot like the people on here (who weren't at the game/s) who take shots at others (who were at the game/s) for making comments they don't like.

IndySooner
6/6/2011, 10:16 AM
Not sure I need your criticism. I was sitting right behind our dugout in our second game and watched Reine go after a short fly ball in right. He couldn't get to it but was gassed in the effort. You could hear the groans in the dugout and he didn't reappear in the next inning. Unless you were sitting closer than I was (which would have been in the dugout) you are simply speaking in ignorance. It was a conversation topic all around where we were sitting. It was hot and he is 5'10, 225 lbs. He is not the reason we lost but it appeared to be a symptom of the many problems this team revealed in their brief 18 innings in Fort Worth.

That wasn't Sunny's fault, though. Cody didn't put the necessary work in to prepare for this season. He was one of the guys who relied on last year and read the press clippings. If he dropped the 30 pounds or so that he gained in the offseason, he'd be much better off.

IndySooner
6/6/2011, 10:18 AM
Yup. It's a lot like the people on here (who weren't at the game/s) who take shots at others (who were at the game/s) for making comments they don't like.

Not sure how many games you made it to, but a lot of us were at MANY games this year. Those of us who were weren't surprised by ANYTHING that happened this weekend. It was a microcosm of the season and the issues that were present this weekend were there all year.

fwsooner22
6/6/2011, 10:32 AM
Indy.....I wasn't referring to your comments. What you posted was dead on. I had many people with me this weekend that were there to witness OU baseball. It was nothing short of sad.

Earlier in this thread I was criticized for pointing out that our kids can't even make a run at a flyball "without being gassed." It happened I saw it and it was sad. I wish I hadn't been so close to the play. The inability of a catcher to throw to second on a bunt, your infielder being ready to play on every pitch, not swinging on 3-1 count leading off an inning down 6 runs, do I need to go on. Naaaah I'll just get over myself.

IndySooner
6/6/2011, 11:20 AM
Indy.....I wasn't referring to your comments. What you posted was dead on. I had many people with me this weekend that were there to witness OU baseball. It was nothing short of sad.

Earlier in this thread I was criticized for pointing out that our kids can't even make a run at a flyball "without being gassed." It happened I saw it and it was sad. I wish I hadn't been so close to the play. The inability of a catcher to throw to second on a bunt, your infielder being ready to play on every pitch, not swinging on 3-1 count leading off an inning down 6 runs, do I need to go on. Naaaah I'll just get over myself.

Yesterday, the team had given up. That catcher that "couldn't throw to second" was one of the few guys on the team with fire the entire year. As was the shortstop who made an error. It was a sad ending to a VERY sad year for OU baseball and its fans. That's for sure.

Sooner95
6/6/2011, 04:26 PM
Not sure what's worse (or funnier?) The fact we are out 0-2 or the fact that one of the following 4 teasm will be in the CWS.

Cal
Baylor
Oral Roberts
Dallas Babtist

man...

IndySooner
6/6/2011, 04:33 PM
Not sure what's worse (or funnier?) The fact we are out 0-2 or the fact that one of the following 4 teasm will be in the CWS.

Cal
Baylor
Oral Roberts
Dallas Babtist

man...

This is EXACTLY why I thought we had the best draw of anyone. I knew that Rice and TCU were both VERY overrated. Unfortunately, so were we......

bcolston15
6/6/2011, 04:35 PM
This is EXACTLY why I thought we had the best draw of anyone. I knew that Rice and TCU were both VERY overrated. Unfortunately, so were we......

What if the ball in the 9th had found a glove? That's what I keep asking...

IndySooner
6/6/2011, 04:38 PM
What if the ball in the 9th had found a glove? That's what I keep asking...

It would have been 100% different, in my opinion. That could have been the play that spring-boarded this team through the regional. Instead it was the play that killed the run.

northspeter
6/6/2011, 04:48 PM
It would have been 100% different, in my opinion. That could have been the play that spring-boarded this team through the regional. Instead it was the play that killed the run.

game of inches and fragile psyche's.....

rysooner
6/6/2011, 06:37 PM
Most Pathetic Sooner Baseball I have ever witnessed. There are guys on this team who are not even in shape in June. Getting winded going after a fly ball c'mon seriously. I won't pay a dime for many years to watch OU baseball again. What a Joke that was.

See ya.....

Collier11
6/6/2011, 09:06 PM

well dont act like a spoiled brat and you wont get my criticism...if youa re disappointed fine, if you are pissed fine, if you are gonna threaten to not go to anymore games because this team made the ncaa tourney again and then underacheived...get over yourself

hvhurricane
6/6/2011, 10:50 PM
I think the problem FW had was they quit. SG tried to spin it a number of different ways after the game saying it was frustration, but they quit. If you hadn't really seen what was happening with the team later in the year then you would probably be shocked at the performance in FW. I am not saying I agree with him never spending another dime on OU baseball, but I can certainly understand his frustration over the lack of effort.

bcolston15
6/6/2011, 10:58 PM
I think they quit mentally, not physically.

Collier11
6/6/2011, 10:58 PM
I think we are all frustrated, but either he has an increased idea of his self worth in regards to OU sports or he is being a baby, either way, get over it.

This season had a really ****ty ending to it.

Blue
6/7/2011, 12:54 AM
Oh, and to the morons who still say, "DBU, we lost to them twice, really?" Hope you enjoy rooting for them in Omaha. I'd bet money that's where they end up.

I didn't see the score tonight but if DBU ends up in Omaha, I'll kiss your ***. Moron.

fwsooner22
6/7/2011, 07:13 AM
well dont act like a spoiled brat and you wont get my criticism...if youa re disappointed fine, if you are pissed fine, if you are gonna threaten to not go to anymore games because this team made the ncaa tourney again and then underacheived...get over yourself

I guess I'd rather be a brat than a bully. ;)

fwsooner22
6/7/2011, 07:19 AM
I think we are all frustrated, but either he has an increased idea of his self worth in regards to OU sports or he is being a baby, either way, get over it.

This season had a really ****ty ending to it.

Hey Collier...please quit making this personal. It's a message board; we give opinions, which is what I did. You don't like what I had to say so I am a "baby" or an egomaniac. Really ? This is a board about baseball not bullying. Name calling never results in anything good. I'll get over it when I choose to get over it. You have no say in my world.:D

IndySooner
6/7/2011, 08:52 AM
I didn't see the score tonight but if DBU ends up in Omaha, I'll kiss your ***. Moron.

Start puckering. They're two wins away!

fwsooner22
6/7/2011, 09:28 AM
Start puckering. They're two wins away!

They played really well. It was an enjoyable game. Not many fans though (understandably). They are sound in all phases and love playing the game.

bcolston15
6/7/2011, 10:55 AM

You're the one who thought they weren't any good. Nice call. Moron.

Blue
6/7/2011, 01:33 PM
You're the one who thought they weren't any good. Nice call. Moron.

I didn't say they weren't any good. I said its pathetic we couldn't beat them considering our hype.

bcolston15
6/7/2011, 01:51 PM
I didn't say they weren't any good. I said its pathetic we couldn't beat them considering our hype.

So TCU is pathetic too, right? And Cal will be after they can't either. I get it.

Blue
6/7/2011, 01:54 PM
So TCU is pathetic too, right? And Cal will be after they can't either. I get it.

Okay. Dallas Baptist is awesome. We shouldn't have evn been on the same field as them.

We choked. We sucked it up. Spin it however you want and pump that sunshine, but the Sooners laid an egg in Fort Worth.

sperry
6/7/2011, 07:59 PM
Okay. Dallas Baptist is awesome. We shouldn't have evn been on the same field as them.

We choked. We sucked it up. Spin it however you want and pump that sunshine, but the Sooners laid an egg in Fort Worth.

Yep.

Collier11
6/7/2011, 09:34 PM
Hey Collier...please quit making this personal. It's a message board; we give opinions, which is what I did. You don't like what I had to say so I am a "baby" or an egomaniac. Really ? This is a board about baseball not bullying. Name calling never results in anything good. I'll get over it when I choose to get over it. You have no say in my world.:D

There is nothing about what I said that is bullying, I have no issue with you. I have an issue with any fan acting like one bad season or underachieving season is worth threatening to pull their tickets or money given to the program...that is a statement that is screaming for attention

Im sure you are a good guy and a good fan but it was a massive overreaction on your part if you really feel that way

hvhurricane
6/9/2011, 06:46 PM

I wish DBU well, but it makes me want to puke to think they are playing in the Supers over us and our talent. We ended up being the most overrated team in the country this year. We couldn't even compete in our last game of the season.

I also don't think it is right to question someone's mentality of the program after our appearance in the regional. That performance seriously made me question whether or not I am going to donate money to the program next year. I am not trying to draw any attention to myself or think my opinion is more important than anyone's elses. I seriously don't know what I am going to do at this point. Am I being somewhat shortsighted? Probably, but the drama in this program needs to take a 180 next year.

OutlandTrophy
6/13/2011, 08:30 AM
if this would have happend last year, we would have had a new head coach this year.