PDA

View Full Version : WW*D . . . in 2011

Jacie
6/3/2011, 08:42 PM
Oklahoma followed up two down seasons (2009 8-5 and 2005 8-4) with two good/great seasons (2010 12-2 and 2006 11-3). Now some people south of the Red River are looking forward to a season of redemption after their own down year. Of course, their fall from grace was a lot further down the hole so they have a greater climb back to respectability.

If you were or are a * fan, what will the whorns feel is acceptable (W-L) for 2011?

They set the bar sufficiently low last season that being bowl eligible marks an improvement but if it were your team, what will be enough for this year to keep the wolves at bay?

6 wins? 7? 8? More?

Can the wins be any team on the schedule or do they derive satisfaction only if the wins include OU and/or aTm?

Does a consecutive loss to Baylor and/or Iowa State cancel out some of the good vibe from winning more games overall?

I have already found some discussion about this on another board and post those comments here.

Realist: The coming year can be rebuilding (6-7 wins) if the 2012 season is back up to 9-10 win standards.

Hopeful: The Horns should rebound this year with 7-8 wins.

Can't make up his mind: Today, the only thing I'm "certain" at all about is that our offense will be dramatically better regardless of the four-headed monster at QB, that the defense will be about the same, perhaps a bit better or a bit worse, and special teams will be better. I think that translates to 7, 8, or 9 wins, and it's possible that 0u will be one of those wins.

Another hedging his bet: I see 8-4 as the ceiling for this team (with 6-5 or 7-5 more likely).

Telling it as he sees it: I am NOT predicting 10 wins and I do think we'll struggle. As I said before, IF this team gels and gives great effort I think we win 9 games - if not, 6-7.

One of these is bound to be right: I think this team will most likely be 7-5 or 6-6 with 4-8 as the floor and 8-4 as the ceiling.

BoulderSooner79
6/3/2011, 09:46 PM
It's a big unknown since they replaced OC and DC along with other position coaches. But I like their choices (meaning I don't like their choices because they look good) at both OC and DC, and they could rebound strong if they both work out to 8+ wins. I just hope we are so far ahead of the curve, we keep them in their place come Oct.

meoveryouxinfinity
6/3/2011, 10:11 PM
They can't.. Won't be as bad as last year. I'd say 8 wins. Schools like OU and Texas don't stay down long.

swardboy
6/4/2011, 06:33 AM
The average horn fan: 12-0 BABY!!! We're gonna 'nihilate those land thieves...oh yeah! Pass the crumpets, please.

texaspokieokie
6/4/2011, 07:38 AM
They can't.. Won't be as bad as last year. I'd say 8 wins. Schools like OU and Texas don't stay down long.

Very realistic !!

however, wish they'd stay @ 5 & 7 forever.

ouwasp
6/4/2011, 09:53 AM
I'm not sure what else tex will do, but I'd be most anything :texan: will be 3-0 against ISU, KSU, & Baylor; aka "Murderer's Row" :mack:

Partial Qualifier
6/4/2011, 10:06 AM
It will be interesting because based on their on-hand talent -- if they had the same exact coaching staff -- I'd say with much certainty they make little to no improvement over last year.

But with a new offensive & defensive staff, it's either going to be a marked improvement, or it's gonna get ugly. I'm leaning towards the latter because their new coordinators weren't their first choices, in fact it seemed like a "oh **** we're screwed, get someone in here quick" type hires. We'll see.