PDA

View Full Version : Why would Stoops ever leave OU Rivals..

sendbaht
6/3/2011, 06:09 PM
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1227758

I don't think he ever will. He works super hard but now he can cruise some as her he older.

Sooner_Tuf
6/3/2011, 06:41 PM
Her he? I didn't know there was a question.

FirstAndGoalOU
6/3/2011, 07:14 PM
I don't think he ever will. He works super hard but now he can cruise some as her he older.[/QUOTE]

http://i39.tinypic.com/678par.gif

SoonerMarkVA
6/3/2011, 07:35 PM
Not to mention, he was brought up the last time tOSU was looking for a coach, and they had to go get a guy named Tressel instead. If Stoops had wanted tOSU, he would never have been hotter, with much shallower roots, than Jan, 2001.

I have no fear that Stoops would leave OU for another college job. None. Zilch. When he leaves, it'll either be to retire, try something completely different, or something cool, crazy, and unexpected like coach HS. I think the only thing that could even hasten his departure is if Boren, or possibly Joe C., left and he didn't care for the replacement.

Stoops still has a chance to be the third head on the dragon. Bud has the streak; Barry has the winning %; and Bob could have the most NCs. Depending on your perspective, that could even be the most important of the distinctions (although the streak is awfully special). I think Stoops wants to be at that level with those legends, and he has work to do to get there. The man's not going to any other University.

sendbaht
6/3/2011, 07:40 PM
I don't think he ever will. He works super hard but now he can cruise some as her he older.

http://i39.tinypic.com/678par.gif[/QUOTE]

Ok I deserve this. Sometimes I type to fast.

I don't think he will ever leave OU for another school. He still works super hard but can cruise some if he wants too as he gets older. As in does not have to work as hard. Hope this is ok. English is not my strong point FirstAnd GOalOU. I'm better specking Thai.:))

stoopified
6/3/2011, 08:36 PM
I have long said that I think Bob will be here at total of 20 years which would put him at 58 and his kids grown.At that age I think he might take a shot at the NFL.If it doesn't work out,he would be 61-62 and ready to retire.

BoulderSooner79
6/3/2011, 09:51 PM
I have long said that I think Bob will be here at total of 20 years which would put him at 58 and his kids grown.At that age I think he might take a shot at the NFL.If it doesn't work out,he would be 61-62 and ready to retire.

Sounds reasonable to me. And as far as being up their with Bud and Barry, he already is in my book. Assuming he keeps the program strong and handles the inevitable off field problems with integrity, he will leave as a legend.

meoveryouxinfinity
6/3/2011, 09:59 PM
Sounds reasonable to me. And as far as being up their with Bud and Barry, he already is in my book. Assuming he keeps the program strong and handles the inevitable off field problems with integrity, he will leave as a legend.

He needs another NC IMO

BoulderSooner79
6/3/2011, 10:11 PM
He needs another NC IMO

Not for me. They are harder to get now than they were for Bud or Barry and they involve luck which cannot be controlled. I know many fans don't like to hear that, but destiny is something that is proclaimed after the fact. If Bob just leaves the program strong and off probation he may well pass Barry's legacy (we'll have to wait at least a decade after that to see). Bob looks poised to produce NC capable teams the next few years and if he gets one, great. If not, he will have most likely done the part he controls and that's good enough for me. I became a fan in '71, so I lived the Barry years, so I don't feel this way just because Bob is most recent. I don't really know much about Bud.

sendbaht
6/4/2011, 05:37 AM
He needs another NC IMO

He needs 2 more.....:)

SoonerinSouthlake
6/4/2011, 10:10 AM
He will never leave here for another University job. (for an immediate job hop) or a pro job for that matter (but thats a different post alltogther)

The only way I see him at another University, is:

a. He catches his wife cheating with Boren (probably not likely)
b. He catches his wife cheating with Barry (mmmm....more likely, but we're probably safe at this point in Barry's carreer)
c. He decides to retire too early...then after a few years realizes he cant stand to be off the gridiron

But nevertheless...he has been crazy succesfull at one of the top spots....and there is no greater LEGACY for a coach than to be one of the guys who racks up tons of wins/bowls/championships at a major U.

so...tOSU, ND, FL, Meesh, and everywhere else that that thinks you have a great job opening.....BITE ME!