PDA

View Full Version : 1 if by land, 2 if by sea... Sarah explains Paul Revere

Fraggle145
6/3/2011, 05:23 PM
Heh. Nope she isnt stupid. She just doesnt know American history. :P

http://gawker.com/5808271/sarah-palin-explains-paul-reveres-midnight-ride

(yes I know this is a liberal rag)

Sarah Palin Explains Paul Revere’s Midnight Ride

Jim Newell — It's been at least a few seconds since we last checked in on Sarah Palin's Tour de Grift, which stopped yesterday in Olde Boston Towne. Her bus visited such historical sights as Paul Revere's old shack, where Palin explained the colonist's famous "midnight ride" before the 1775 battles at Lexington and Concord.

The Internet is aflame in scholarly debate over this interpretation:

oS4C7bvHv2w

He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't going to be taking away our arms uh by ringing those bells and making sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be secure and we were going to be free and we were going to be armed.

Perhaps we should all brush up on our history of such events should we ever get trapped like this, but this may include some inaccuracies. Revere did not warn the British army to step off by ringing bells in their faces and shooting warning shots at them. That would have been counterproductive. Instead, he notified the appropriate colonists in an alarm system chain to give advance warning for protecting the rebel arsenal in Concord.

Sarah Palin would've shot all those Lobsterbacks good, though, one by one.

I'd still hit it :O

tEM3dW2oWW4

yermom
6/3/2011, 05:31 PM
it's been a long time since grade school

i mean, if asked i'd probably say it was something about a quart of beer

Blue
6/3/2011, 05:32 PM
Geez. 6 billion people (not all eligible but who cares right) could beat Obama in the next election, but republicans are gonna be sure to fill the primary with the 5 or 6 dumbasses that can't.

God bless America.

delhalew
6/3/2011, 06:35 PM
I finally figured it out what here deal is...she is is SOOOOOOO high man.

She may be smuggling Willie on that bus.

MsProudSooner2
6/3/2011, 06:45 PM
She thought they were talking about this Paul Revere:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_7St4jD20p0o/RbYvmDi86SI/AAAAAAAAAkM/ngKEFS9YC3w/s320/Paul+Revere+%26+the+Raiders+-+spirit+of+%2767.jpg

TheHumanAlphabet
6/3/2011, 07:20 PM
Figured the NBC news would promo this nationally.

soonercruiser
6/3/2011, 07:20 PM
This is what the liberal press is up to; RATHER than covering the causes of the horrible economy, high unemployement, and Obama's lack of plan to reduce government spending!

It's a liberal diversion tactic!
What else is new?

JohnnyMack
6/3/2011, 07:23 PM
This is what the liberal press is up to; RATHER than covering the causes of the horrible economy, high unemployement, and Obama's lack of plan to reduce government spending!

What else is new?

The liberal press made her go on this tour?

AlboSooner
6/3/2011, 07:28 PM
yet another gotcha question by the lame stream media.

I don't even think she's that pretty

FirstAndGoalOU
6/3/2011, 07:34 PM
http://images7.cpcache.com/product/358591767v1_480x480_Front.jpg
http://images.sodahead.com/blogs/000377411/sarah_palin_winking350x378_xlarge.jpeg
http://reason.com/assets/mc/psuderman/2010_09/palin-kisses.jpg
http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/on-politics/2011/05/26/romneyx-large.jpg

Flagstaffsooner
6/3/2011, 07:39 PM
Im pretty conservative and I would love download gonad secretions in her, but POTUS, HELL NO!

fadada1
6/3/2011, 07:47 PM
The liberal press made her go on this tour?
Wrong. The liberal press made her stupid.

No wait, that wrong too - she's done that all on her own.

The Profit
6/3/2011, 07:48 PM
I'm pissed that the media in Philly didn't ask her who Ben Franklin was.

fadada1
6/3/2011, 07:57 PM
I'm pissed that the media in Philly didn't ask her who Ben Franklin was.
Nah. We just boo Santa and throw batteries.

Ben Franklin only discovered electricity... as if we wouldn't have eventually figured it out;)

GKeeper316
6/3/2011, 08:20 PM

What else is new?

the evil liberal media didn't make her stupid. it also didn't make her open her mouth. nor did it make her go on her stupid little bus your with the rest of her *** backwards moron "handlers" that can't even give her a 10 minute history lesson on paul revere before she went in front of a buncha cameras.

sarah palin is the poster child for everything that is wrong with america. image over substance. presidential elections are not popularity contasts like student council was in high school.

longtime republican and formed fed chairman alan greenspan said today that the only way to get back on track is to raise the debt ceiling and roll back the tax rates to what we had under clinton... rich pay more, poor pay less.

hawaii 5-0
6/3/2011, 08:24 PM
I would hope and expect that any Presidential candidate would know at least the fundamentals of American History.

Paul Revere rode to warn the British? That's plain dumb, folks.

She should be required to repeat the 5th grade. She musta been too busy workin' on her 'wink' to take time to study.

5-0

Trump/ Longfellow 2012

Blue
6/3/2011, 08:25 PM
the evil liberal media didn't make her stupid. it also didn't make her open her mouth. nor did it make her go on her stupid little bus your with the rest of her *** backwards moron "handlers" that can't even give her a 10 minute history lesson on paul revere before she went in front of a buncha cameras.

sarah palin is the poster child for everything that is wrong with america. image over substance. presidential elections are not popularity contasts like student council was in high school.

longtime republican and formed fed chairman alan greenspan said today that the only way to get back on track is to raise the debt ceiling and roll back the tax rates to what we had under clinton... rich pay more, poor pay less.

Agree. Exactly like Obama too. Popularity contest. Image over substance. Describes O to a T.

OutlandTrophy
6/3/2011, 08:26 PM
she's just not that smart

The Profit
6/3/2011, 09:04 PM
Agree. Exactly like Obama too. Popularity contest. Image over substance. Describes O to a T.

Obama doesn't need someone to spot him the c and the t to spell the word cat.

Fraggle145
6/3/2011, 09:11 PM

What else is new?

Jeezus lighten up... Its ****in' funny! Why are you defending politicians? any politicians?! They dont give two ****s about you.

FirstAndGoalOU
6/3/2011, 09:15 PM
http://www.radaronline.com/sites/radaronline.com/files/imagecache/350width/114127322.jpg
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000245440/polls_463px_Symbol_thumbs_up.svg_0602_394258_answe r_1_xlarge.png

Boarder
6/3/2011, 09:29 PM
You can't "set up" dumbass.

FirstAndGoalOU
6/3/2011, 09:45 PM
And somehow you believe this is the best alternative..http://s3.amazonaws.com/giles/obama_110308/ftw.jpg
I will not disrespect any poster here,
With the up coming election, Please consider What is at stake!
Do you truly believe this is the path we should be on? You have no problem with how things are playing out?

...So,Please tell us all ....[YOUR BETTER solution? ] [And why?]

Sooner5030
6/3/2011, 10:02 PM
sweet....let historians, english and liberal arts f'sticks run this country. That's why we have $1.5 trillion deficits and $14 trillion in total debt. I'd rather have a high school grad that can ensure that requested appropriations do not exceed expected total revenue.

now go ahead and rant about palin as if the current 536 f'sticks are any better.

thanks mob

Wayne Jarvis
6/3/2011, 10:05 PM
she's just not that smart

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/NJBornSoonerBred/NailHittingHead.jpg

hawaii 5-0
6/3/2011, 10:15 PM
And somehow you believe this is the best alternative..http://s3.amazonaws.com/giles/obama_110308/ftw.jpg
Please tell us all ....[YOUR BETTER solution? ] [And why?]

Not best. Just better.

Colin Powell isn't running.

5-0

Trump/ Nate 2012

FirstAndGoalOU
6/3/2011, 10:56 PM

Boarder
6/3/2011, 11:07 PM
sweet....let historians, english and liberal arts f'sticks run this country. That's why we have $1.5 trillion deficits and $14 trillion in total debt. I'd rather have a high school grad that can ensure that requested appropriations do not exceed expected total revenue.

now go ahead and rant about palin as if the current 536 f'sticks are any better.

thanks mob
Look, the fact that anyone else is a dumbass does not detract from the fact that Sarh Palin is a dumbass.

However, if you're looking for a comparison, I can't recall an actual major party presidential candidate that was as much of a pure dumbass as SP. assuming of course she will run. The lame-stream media has nothing to do with it. What should she be asked? What do you call the white puffy things in the sky? She'd probably say that she didn't know for sure but those mama grizzly maverick gun drills sure do love our founding father freedom gotcha families!

Sooner5030
6/3/2011, 11:10 PM
Look, the fact that anyone else is a dumbass does not detract from the fact that Sarh Palin is a dumbass.

However, if you're looking for a comparison, I can't recall an actual major party presidential candidate that was as much of a pure dumbass as SP. assuming of course she will run. The lame-stream media has nothing to do with it. What should she be asked? What do you call the white puffy things in the sky? She'd probably say that she didn't know for sure but those mama grizzly maverick gun drills sure do love our founding father freedom gotcha families!

I was thinking more along the lines of:

"if you expect $2.4 trillion in revenue what would be your total budget request for that fiscal year?"

it'd be nice if someone had asked the current and former bozos this question.

FirstAndGoalOU
6/3/2011, 11:15 PM

SpankyNek
6/3/2011, 11:51 PM

thanks mob

For starters, the current f'sticks have been elected to federal office by Americans...this gives them far more credibility alone.

How do you expect SP to "ensure that requested appropriations do not exceed total revenues?"

Do yo think she could give a decent definition of the word appropriations...do you think she has any practical accounting knowledge?

I guess if you ever vote for anyone other than a CPA, you only have yourself to blame.

Blue
6/4/2011, 12:20 AM
Obama doesn't need someone to spot him the c and the t to spell the word cat.

I'm not completely convinced of that. Seriously. The guy is a joke.

Fraggle145
6/4/2011, 02:26 AM

thanks mob

Talk to me when you are willing to cut the "defense" budget.

Historians, english, and liberal arts f'sticks dont get $650 billion dollars.

This whole thread was just meant to be amusing. She is just dumb. Laugh at it. Its okay. :D

AlboSooner
6/4/2011, 11:00 AM
http://www.radaronline.com/sites/radaronline.com/files/imagecache/350width/114127322.jpg
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000245440/polls_463px_Symbol_thumbs_up.svg_0602_394258_answe r_1_xlarge.png

that looks like Ken, and alaskan barbie

olevetonahill
6/4/2011, 01:56 PM
Im amused by those that seem afraid of her. So she messed up the PR thingy. I bet she knows how many states there are.:pop:

JohnnyMack
6/4/2011, 02:12 PM
Im amused by those that seem afraid of her. So she messed up the PR thingy. I bet she knows how many states there are.:pop:

The problem is that when people point out her mental shortcomings, the right wing reply is "you're just afraid of her". I am not afraid of Sarah Palin, I genuinely think she isn't bright. It's a weak effort to marginalize the growing consensus that she should be managing a Bath & Body Works at the mall, not trying to position herself for a run at the White House.

Mongo
6/4/2011, 02:15 PM
what I find comical is you folks dreading her as POTUS when she will be exactly like Obama and Bush. ****ty economy, bigger government, and no problem solving

soonerchk
6/4/2011, 02:17 PM

What else is new?
Pretty sure the liberals didn't make her this stupid.

Mongo
6/4/2011, 02:18 PM
Pretty sure the liberals didn't make her this stupid.

yeah, it just comes naturally for you women

soonerchk
6/4/2011, 02:19 PM
yeah, it just comes natural for you women

I'm not that pretty, I have to be smart.

Turd_Ferguson
6/4/2011, 02:20 PM
The problem is that when people point out his mental shortcomings, the left wing reply is "you're just racist". I am not a racist, I genuinely think he isn't bright. It's a weak effort to marginalize the growing consensus that he should be managing a commrunity center in Chicago, not trying to position himself for another run at the White House.:D

Turd_Ferguson
6/4/2011, 02:21 PM
I'm not that pretty, I have to be smart.I don't heart you anymore....I'm shallow like that.

Mongo
6/4/2011, 02:22 PM
I don't heart you anymore....I'm shallow like that.

I need pics to confirm before I deflate

JohnnyMack
6/4/2011, 02:36 PM
what I find comical is you folks dreading her as POTUS when she will be exactly like Obama and Bush. ****ty economy, bigger government, and no problem solving

I actually said the same thing two days ago. Stop stealing my ideas. You're the Carlos Mencia of Soonerfans posters.

That doesn't mean she isn't an idiot.

Mongo
6/4/2011, 02:40 PM
I actually said the same thing two days ago. Stop stealing my ideas. You're the Carlos Mencia of Soonerfans posters.

That doesn't mean she isn't an idiot.

shut up whore

olevetonahill
6/4/2011, 05:17 PM
The problem is that when people point out her mental shortcomings, the right wing reply is "you're just afraid of her". I am not afraid of Sarah Palin, I genuinely think she isn't bright. It's a weak effort to marginalize the growing consensus that she should be managing a Bath & Body Works at the mall, not trying to position herself for a run at the White House.

I aint right nor left bro.
If they aint afraid of her why in hell spend so much time bedowngrading her?

If she runs I wont vote for her but if it comes down to her V Obama then Ima just throw a dart. Cause i dont either one is wort a ****.

Fraggle145
6/4/2011, 05:23 PM
I aint right nor left bro.
If they aint afraid of her why in hell spend so much time bedowngrading her?

I just think its funny. :D

olevetonahill
6/4/2011, 05:24 PM
I just think its funny. :D

Understand that bro. I think all of em are funny;)

FirstAndGoalOU
6/4/2011, 05:59 PM
Who should be his running mate?

t6EZ5qGYTBo

JohnnyMack
6/4/2011, 06:24 PM
shut up whore

You smell like farts.

GKeeper316
6/4/2011, 08:14 PM

still a better choice than mccain/palin imo.

presidential elections always come down to a choice between a giant ****** and a turd sandwich... its up to the voters to select which one will do the least amount of harm, and as long as sarah palin was one wheezing heart attack away from the oval office, the least amount of harm was obama. it just happened to turn out that he's a pretty good president, all things considered.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/4/2011, 08:42 PM
CLEGG 2012

lexsooner
6/4/2011, 09:05 PM
CLEGG 2012

LOL. R.I.P. Billie Joe.

"Billie Joe took credit for having advocated a flat tax and preaching family values for twenty years. "Now, everybody's on the bandwagon." He'd replace the United Nations with a two hundred man SWAT team in each country.
Clegg wanted to "call out the National Guard and close down all the abortion clinics." He was opposed to the Federal Reserve, the IRS, United Nations, affirmative action, homosexuality, and he would place a four-year moratorium on foreign aid and federal regulations."

I'm glad he moved past his previous top agenda: preventing the U.S. from adopting the metric system.

SoonerBread
6/5/2011, 12:22 AM
Left likes making fun of Palin. That's cool. She's an easy target.

But, if she's no threat, and lefties aren't "afraid" of her, why is a left-leaning rag even keeping up with her magic carpet ride bus tour? Solely to make fun of her? When they could be reporting about other, more relevant things?

Lefties like to proclaim how irrelevant SP is. However, it's fascinating how relevant they keep her.

FirstAndGoalOU
6/5/2011, 12:50 AM
Who should be his running mate?

t6EZ5qGYTBo
http://lisagraas.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/sarah-palin-michele-bachmann1.jpg
Again, Who ..should be his running mate ?

hawaii 5-0
6/5/2011, 01:00 AM
I want Palin. She's got brains, according to some.

5-0

Trump/ Beevis 2012

SoonerBread
6/5/2011, 01:03 AM
I want Palin. She's got brains, according to some.

5-0

Trump/ Beevis 2012

I want Obama. He plays golf, a lot.

hawaii 5-0
6/5/2011, 01:04 AM
I thought he played basketball.

You're thinking of John Boehner.

5-0

Trump/ Snookie 2012

SoonerBread
6/5/2011, 01:05 AM
No I'm not.

hawaii 5-0
6/5/2011, 01:09 AM
No I'm not.

You must be thinking of Paul Revere. It's his thread.

5-0

Trump/ Seve 2012

Blue
6/5/2011, 01:13 AM
I thought he played basketball.

You're thinking of John Boehner.

5-0

Trump/ Snookie 2012

he only plays about once a week. I bet his game is suffering.

http://www.oobgolf.com/content/fore+play/1-4563-Obama_Plays_61st_Round_of_Golf.html

Obama/hawaii 5-0 2012

SoonerBread
6/5/2011, 01:21 AM
You must be thinking of Paul Revere. It's his thread.

5-0

Trump/ Seve 2012

Wrong. As usual.

hawaii 5-0
6/5/2011, 01:49 AM
I think a coupla fellas are fishin'.

Gonna need better bait.

5-0

Trump/ Golda 2012

SicEmBaylor
6/5/2011, 03:19 AM
I weep for the Republic.

soonerchk
6/5/2011, 11:09 AM

But, if she's no threat, and lefties aren't "afraid" of her, why is a left-leaning rag even keeping up with her magic carpet ride bus tour? Solely to make fun of her? When they could be reporting about other, more relevant things?

Lefties like to proclaim how irrelevant SP is. However, it's fascinating how relevant they keep her.

Because stupid is fun to watch!

sooneron
6/5/2011, 11:41 AM
I want Obama. He plays golf, a lot.

Just curious, how many times did you vote for dubya?

lexsooner
6/5/2011, 12:01 PM

Your post acknowledges Palin comes off as stupid and is easy to make fun of, yet implies she is a real force within the far right. If this is true, does anyone see anything wrong with this picture?

soonercruiser
6/5/2011, 12:50 PM
Because stupid is fun to watch!

Hey Chick!
Where there 57 states back then, like Obama thinks there is?
(I'm sure someone has given him the bad news by now.)
:rolleyes:

hawaii 5-0
6/5/2011, 01:15 PM
Hey Chick!
Where there 57 states back then, like Obama thinks there is?
(I'm sure someone has given him the bad news by now.)

That one's old by now.

It's the new stuff by Palin that keep her idiocy so refreshing !

5-0

Trump/ Clancy 2012

soonercruiser
6/5/2011, 01:59 PM
That one's old by now.

It's the new stuff by Palin that keep her idiocy so refreshing !

5-0

Trump/ Clancy 2012

You mean like giving all the budget negotiations and deficit decisions to good ole Joe Biteme?

(Wayyyyy too busy! Gotta play more golf!)

hawaii 5-0
6/5/2011, 02:10 PM
Later this morning Sarah Palin will hopefully tell us about that time Benjamin Franklin got struck by lightning and invented the kite, which he used to defeat the Sea Monsters in the War of 1812.

I would think she could afford to pay someone to at least give her a little history lesson before she opens her mouth.

Very entertaining though.

5-0

Trump/ Jefferson 2012

oumartin
6/5/2011, 02:45 PM
Who cares!

I don't see her as president but there are things about her I'd like to see.

Lets face it. Man are smarter

it goes in this order

Man
Woman
Obamar

hawaii 5-0
6/5/2011, 03:02 PM
Who cares!

I sure care. Her entertainment value is priceless !

I really hope she runs against Obama. She's much better than one of the 'Hair' candidates.

5-0

Trump/ Mitt 2012

JohnnyMack
6/5/2011, 03:46 PM
there are things about her I'd like to see.

http://signtasticgraphics.com/images/P/16.jpg

85Sooner
6/5/2011, 05:17 PM
I don't even know why this is a topic. A bunch of hairbrained idiots put a guy into office that said he had visited 57 states. If you voted for him, your in that company.

hawaii 5-0
6/5/2011, 05:26 PM
I don't even know why this is a topic. A bunch of hairbrained idiots put a guy into office that said he had visited 57 states. If you voted for him, your in that company.

You're completely right.

This topic is about Palin and her idiot's vision of American History, not about the current POTUS.

There's plenty of threads about Obama and his flubs. Choose one of them to comment on.

5-0

Trump/ Cooter 2012

JohnnyMack
6/5/2011, 05:29 PM

That's just intellectually lazy.

SoonerBread
6/5/2011, 05:50 PM
Just curious, how many times did you vote for dubya?

Zero. As in "none" times. But what does that have anything to do with lefties picking on the mentally handicapped ex-Governor of Alaska who isn't running for any office?

SoonerBread
6/5/2011, 05:56 PM
Your post acknowledges Palin comes off as stupid and is easy to make fun of, yet implies she is a real force within the far right. If this is true, does anyone see anything wrong with this picture?

No, my post implies nothing of the sort. Far from it, in fact. I simply asked why there's so much attention garnered her direction if the left figures she's nothing to reckon with.

Read it again.

On the other hand, I'm talking to a bunch of people who think Aggy is a worthless bunch of hicks, yet continually point that out over and over. Isn't once enough? Or are we so insecure that we feel the need to continually shoot the proverbial fish in the proverbial barrel?

hawaii 5-0
6/5/2011, 06:16 PM
I guess if inconsequential Sarah 'GrandMi1f' Palin wasn't in the news every day we wouldn't be forced to comment on her many foibles.

If it's good for Letterman, Kimmel, Fallon, Leno, and every news source etc. it's good enough for us.

5-0

Trump/ Callacanned 2012

SoonerBread
6/5/2011, 06:19 PM
I guess if inconsequential Sarah 'GrandMi1f' Palin wasn't in the news every day we wouldn't be forced to comment on her many foibles.

If it's good for Letterman, Kimmel, Fallon, Leno, and every news source etc. it's good enough for us.

5-0

Trump/ Callacanned 2012

Forced? LOL!

SoonerBread
6/5/2011, 06:24 PM

Letterman, Kimmel, Fallon, Leno? They make fun of people because they aren't funny. They're comedically challenged.

Every news source? You need to learn the difference between political commentary and political news.

hawaii 5-0
6/5/2011, 06:41 PM
Letterman, Kimmel, Fallon, Leno? They make fun of people because they aren't funny. They're comedically challenged.

Whoa? What planet did you just arrive from? Are ya kidding?

Every news source? You need to learn the difference between political commentary and political news.

Maybe you could name a few news sources where Palin hasn't been mentioned recently.

5-0

Trump/ Zim 2012

Jerk
6/5/2011, 06:52 PM
She'd still be better than this dumb *** wing nut eared mother#$%'ing marxist who occupies the White House now.

SoonerBread
6/5/2011, 06:53 PM
Whoa? What planet did you just arrive from? Are ya kidding?

All four can't go one monologue without poking fun at someone.

Maybe you could name a few news sources where Palin hasn't been mentioned recently.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic here or not. And by the way, you said every. So wouldn't it be you on the spot to prove that?

hawaii 5-0
6/5/2011, 07:06 PM
All four can't go one monologue without poking fun at someone.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic here or not. And by the way, you said every. So wouldn't it be you on the spot to prove that?

I guess the last time I looked comedians poke fun at people. It's in their job description.

As far as Palin goes.......yep, she's in every news source lately. Of course, I never checked news sources in Bratislava, the Falklands or Botswana but she might be in those as well.

Me thinks intelligence in this discussion is out the window if you think Letterman, Kimmel, Fallon, Leno aren't funny. I'm just arguing with a rock.

5-0

Trump/ Samantha 2012

SoonerBread
6/5/2011, 07:13 PM
I guess the last time I looked comedians poke fun at people. It's in their job description.

As far as Palin goes.......yep, she's in every news source lately. Of course, I never checked news sources in Bratislava, the Falklands or Botswana but she might be in those as well.

Me thinks intelligence in this discussion is out the window if you think Letterman, Kimmel, Fallon, Leno aren't funny. I'm just arguing with a rock.

Wow. Pot meet kettle.

I told you you needed to learn the difference between political news and political commentary.

News SOURCES have both. What you consider "NEWS" is nothing more than political commentary.

For instance...Rush Limbaugh being outted as a pain killer addict was on every news source known to man. And it was news. But it wasn't political news. It was political commentary. That didn't stop some from acting like it was political news. Political news only covers people in politics, not people who talk/write about politics.

As far as intelligence being out the window because I think a few talk show hosts that can't write their own "jokes" aren't funny? What does that have to do with intelligence? You're reaching, fella. You're out of gas.

**** off.

Mongo
6/5/2011, 07:49 PM
Wow. Pot meet kettle.

I told you you needed to learn the difference between political news and political commentary.

News SOURCES have both. What you consider "NEWS" is nothing more than political commentary.

For instance...Rush Limbaugh being outted as a pain killer addict was on every news source known to man. And it was news. But it wasn't political news. It was political commentary. That didn't stop some from acting like it was political news. Political news only covers people in politics, not people who talk/write about politics.

As far as intelligence being out the window because I think a few talk show hosts that can't write their own "jokes" aren't funny? What does that have to do with intelligence? You're reaching, fella. You're out of gas.

**** off.

stop, he is a pro government, union hack, democrat. you wont win

The Profit
6/5/2011, 09:23 PM
I just think she's a c.nt.

hawaii 5-0
6/5/2011, 09:25 PM
stop, he is a pro government, union hack, democrat. you wont win

You got that right Mongo. Also, you can conclude I don't suffer Fools, like Palin and her inept attenpt to reinvent American History, and Bread, who can't grasp the word "and" ie. 'in addition to'.

5-0

Trump/ Stimpy 2012

MR2-Sooner86
6/5/2011, 09:33 PM

Don't get upset then when people call Obama a n*gger.

Mongo
6/5/2011, 09:41 PM
You got that right Mongo. Also, you can conclude I don't suffer Fools, like Palin and her inept attenpt to reinvent American History, and Bread, who can't grasp the word "and" ie. 'in addition to'.

5-0

Trump/ Stimpy 2012

until you say the same of your savior in the POTUS spot, you will remain a tool to a party and drag down us level headed libertarians with your garbage. keep it up. you make me laugh

Mongo
6/5/2011, 09:42 PM

half ******, you racist *******

sooneron
6/5/2011, 09:47 PM
Zero. As in "none" times. But what does that have anything to do with lefties picking on the mentally handicapped ex-Governor of Alaska who isn't running for any office?

You sure about that? Picking on? If I were some poor idiot that made myself look all the more stupid on a regular basis, I would not be riding around the country stopping for photo ops/stump speeches/softball interviews. I would stay back in my lean to and avoid all media altogether. She can't claim being a target of the "lame stream media" when all she does is try to court it at every turn. Yeah, poor Sarah. She got real used to the shopping at Needless Mark ups on the GOP dime, so she wants the gravy train to keep on keeping on.

MR2-Sooner86
6/5/2011, 09:48 PM
half ******, you racist *******

Fine, he's an Oreo. That better?

Mongo
6/5/2011, 09:49 PM
You sure about that? Picking on? If I were some poor idiot that made myself look all the more stupid on a regular basis, I would not be riding around the country stopping for photo ops/stump speeches/softball interviews. I would stay back in my lean to and avoid all media altogether. She can't claim being a target of the "lame stream media" when all she does is try to court it at every turn. Yeah, poor Sarah. She got real used to the shopping at Needless Mark ups on the GOP dime, so she wants the gravy train to keep on keeping on.

you posted a pic of your pink phone. you earned that criticism.

Mongo
6/5/2011, 09:49 PM
Fine, he's an Oreo. That better?

oreo lover

MR2-Sooner86
6/5/2011, 09:50 PM
oreo lover

Just the white part ;)

sooneron
6/5/2011, 10:00 PM
you posted a pic of your pink phone. you earned that criticism.

It was NOT pink. If it had something of a putrid shade within its red, it was a very slight hint of *gulp* orange.

http://gizmodo.com/221849/motorola-krzr-available-in-fire+crotch-red

Mongo
6/5/2011, 10:10 PM
it was pink, you flamer

sooneron
6/5/2011, 10:45 PM
Mongo is more ghey than 4 guys daisy chaining on a street corner in Chelsea.

Mongo
6/6/2011, 02:22 AM
i could blow dudes all day long, and even that would be less gay than your pink phone:D

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/6/2011, 02:35 AM
Conan O'Brien does the greatest Sarah Palin impression every hahahahahaha

yermom
6/6/2011, 02:37 AM
i could blow dudes all day long

that's what i've heard

85Sooner
6/6/2011, 08:11 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPS BIG OOPS all you Palin Haters. It appears as if you and the media were wrong and Ms. Palin was right. Egg, meet face.

Experts back Sarah Palin’s historical account.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/us_politics/view/2011_0606you_betcha_she_was_right_experts_back_pal ins_historical_account/

sappstuf
6/6/2011, 08:13 AM
What is the world coming to when the Boston Herald defends Palin....

Experts back Sarah Palin’s historical account

You betcha she was right!

Sarah Palin yesterday insisted her claim at the Old North Church last week that Paul Revere “warned the British” during his famed 1775 ride — remarks that Democrats and the media roundly ridiculed — is actually historically accurate. And local historians are backing her up.

Palin prompted howls of partisan derision when she said on Boston’s Freedom Trail that Revere “warned the British that they weren’t going to be taking away our arms by ringing those bells and making sure as he’s riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be secure and we were going to be free.”

Palin insisted yesterday on Fox News Sunday she was right: “Part of his ride was to warn the British that were already there. That, hey, you’re not going to succeed. You’re not going to take American arms.”

In fact, Revere’s own account of the ride in a 1798 letter seems to back up Palin’s claim. Revere describes how after his capture by British officers, he warned them “there would be five hundred Americans there in a short time for I had alarmed the Country all the way up.”

Boston University history professor Brendan McConville said, “Basically when Paul Revere was stopped by the British, he did say to them, ‘Look, there is a mobilization going on that you’ll be confronting,’ and the British are aware as they’re marching down the countryside, they hear church bells ringing — she was right about that — and warning shots being fired. That’s accurate.”

Patrick Leehey of the Paul Revere House said Revere was probably bluffing his British captors, but reluctantly conceded that it could be construed as Revere warning the British.

“I suppose you could say that,” Leehey said. “But I don’t know if that’s really what Mrs. Palin was referring to.”

McConville said he also is not convinced that Palin’s remarks reflect scholarship.

“I would call her lucky in her comments,” McConville said.

Meanwhile, the state’s Democratic Party held a thin blue line on the issue, insisting on mocking Palin despite a brief historical review of the matter. State party chairman John Walsh wise-cracked that the region welcomes all tourists, even those with “an alternative view of history.”

“If you believe he was riding through the countryside sending text messages and Tweets to the British, still come to Boston,” he said. “There are a lot of things to do and see.”

But Cornell law professor William Jacobson, who asserted last week that Palin was correct, linking to Revere quotes on his conservative blog Legalinsurrection.com, said Palin’s critics are the ones in need of a history lesson. “It seems to be a historical fact that this happened,” he said. “A lot of the criticism is unfair and made by people who are themselves ignorant of history.”

The Profit
6/6/2011, 08:15 AM

I don't. They have been since the day he took office. You really have no choice as to what your race will be. Most of the time you do have the choice as to whether or not you are going to be stupid.

hawaii 5-0
6/6/2011, 10:44 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPS BIG OOPS all you Palin Haters. It appears as if you and the media were wrong and Ms. Palin was right. Egg, meet face.

Experts back Sarah Palin’s historical account.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/us_politics/view/2011_0606you_betcha_she_was_right_experts_back_pal ins_historical_account/

Just cause some conservative hack sides with Palin doesn't make her correct. She obviously was shooting from the hip when she made her remarks and any 5th grader could tell she didn't know her American history.

In fact, Revere was picked up by the British AFTER he and Dawes were sent to warn Hancock and Adams of the British mobilization and to prevent their capture. After they were warned Revere then went house to house warning others that the Regulars were coming. There weren't bells and guns going off. They used laterns as silent signals. It was a COVERT operation because many of the citizenry were Tories, faithful to the Crown.

Even if she had stated, "Paul Revere rode to warn, 'The Russians are coming! I can see them from Sarah Palin's back yard!' ", I'm sure someone would step forward and say it was the truth.

This is just a spin to cover Palin's (quite nice looking) azz. Lot's of eyes are still rolling.

Nice try folks, but keep the Spin going. I'm loving it.

5-0

Trump/ Frodo 2012

KantoSooner
6/6/2011, 10:52 AM
It's picking nits, but true stupidity is more than likely involuntary (barring drug or injury induced brain dysfunction). Ignorance, however, is fully voluntary. You can always pick up a damn book and learn.

Sarah is seemingly fairly bright. She undoubtedly has a capacity to learn. She's just 20-25 years behind in doing the reading. Starting now, she could likely keep up with a foreign policy debate by, oh, 2025 or so. And by 2040 or so might be qualified to be President.

Let's start a syllabus for Sarah (this could be fun)

Chapter One: Roots of the Modern World: European Empires
Now, we wouldn't want to start off too steeply, so let's ease into this. Maybe something to introduce some of the social backdrop to European empire building. Maybe something literary...I've got it: The Jungle Book by Kipling. And, if it came with a ruler so that Sarah could follow along and not get confused by the all the lines of print, that would be even better.

delhalew
6/6/2011, 10:59 AM
Wow. The denial is strong with some of you. I can admit I was wrong in finding fault in her account of the event.

JohnnyMack
6/6/2011, 11:00 AM
What is the world coming to when the Boston Herald defends Palin....

Interesting that you only highlighted the parts of the article that defended your beloved Palin and chose to leave out the all important, "I would call her lucky" part. :D

OutlandTrophy
6/6/2011, 11:01 AM
I said she wasn't that bright. I still think I'm correct but she was right on this dealio!

5-0/ History Book 2012

delhalew
6/6/2011, 11:10 AM
That's the most important part of all of this. You pompous chuckleheads want her to be stupid, so it will never matter how right she is.

The Profit
6/6/2011, 11:12 AM
Just cause some conservative hack sides with Palin doesn't make her correct. She obviously was shooting from the hip when she made her remarks and any 5th grader could tell she didn't know her American history.

In fact, Revere was picked up by the British AFTER he and Dawes were sent to warn Hancock and Adams of the British mobilization and to prevent their capture. After they were warned Revere then went house to house warning others that the Regulars were coming. There weren't bells and guns going off. They used laterns as silent signals. It was a COVERT operation because many of the citizenry were Tories, faithful to the Crown.

Even if she had stated, "Paul Revere rode to warn, 'The Russians are coming! I can see them from Sarah Palin's back yard!' ", I'm sure someone would step forward and say it was the truth.

This is just a spin to cover Palin's (quite nice looking) azz. Lot's of eyes are still rolling.

Nice try folks, but keep the Spin going. I'm loving it.

5-0

Trump/ Frodo 2012

Great Post. Her statement was that the British were coming over to take people's guns away. She had no idea what she was saying, just like she couldn't name one frigging newspaper or magazine that she has ever read. Look, I give her credit for being a very successful media whore, but beyond that, I give her no credit for intelligence.

NormanPride
6/6/2011, 11:19 AM
Regardless of her luck or secret historical intelligence, she's still a hack. Even if she was correct about every fact from now to the end of her life, she would still be a big government, big business pandering, opportunistic politician swine. She is everything wrong with the government and she's not even IN the government. She WAS, but she quit to make more money.

5-0 / I MAD 2012

delhalew
6/6/2011, 11:28 AM
Money is bad.

thecynic
6/6/2011, 11:34 AM
he was captured by the British after his ride through the country side.

sappstuf
6/6/2011, 01:00 PM
Interesting that you only highlighted the parts of the article that defended your beloved Palin and chose to leave out the all important, "I would call her lucky" part. :D

Because the same guy said that what she said was accurate previously in the article. Doesn't matter if he thinks she was lucky or not because he doesn't know what her thought process was. He confirms what she said was accurate.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/6/2011, 01:10 PM
That's the most important part of all of this. You pompous chuckleheads want her to be stupid, so it will never matter how right she is.Their fear and hatred know no bounds!

NormanPride
6/6/2011, 01:16 PM
I fear wolverines and unsteady ladders. I do not fear some bimbo talking head. If she does get elected to something then I have absolute faith that her personal interests will come nowhere near her decision making.

delhalew
6/6/2011, 01:22 PM
I fear wolverines and unsteady ladders. I do not fear some bimbo talking head. If she does get elected to something then I have absolute faith that her personal interests will come nowhere near her decision making.

Keep it up, but this stuff is giving her power.

JohnnyMack
6/6/2011, 01:24 PM
Keep it up, but this stuff is giving her power.

*snicker*

delhalew
6/6/2011, 01:26 PM
*snicker*

You guys have built here up bigger than she ever could have been without your hate. Laugh all you want.

JohnnyMack
6/6/2011, 01:28 PM
You guys have built here up bigger than she ever could have been without your hate. Laugh all you want.

So......she's Luke Skywalker?

Again, I don't hate her, I think she's silly.

delhalew
6/6/2011, 01:29 PM
So......she's Luke Skywalker?

Again, I don't hate her, I think she's silly.

:D. She certainly isn't THAT stupid.

Fraggle145
6/6/2011, 01:49 PM
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm7bh06ANY1qznpo0o1_500.gif

NormanPride
6/6/2011, 01:56 PM
My face when Palin speaks.

6/6/2011, 02:02 PM
My face when Palin speaks.show us your face when she says the word "Jesus"...or "Moses".

SoonerHoops
6/6/2011, 02:03 PM
Palin explains why her version of Revere's ride was correct

http://www.towleroad.com/2011/06/palinexplains.html

MsProudSooner
6/6/2011, 02:17 PM
If McCain felt the need to have a female VP candidate, why Palin? Why not Condolezza Rice? I would pay good money to watch a debate between Palin & Rice.

Jammin'
6/6/2011, 02:21 PM
I think it's awesome her handlers were changing wikipedia to coorespond to her answer.

KantoSooner
6/6/2011, 02:22 PM
Ever see the movie 'Bambi Meets Godzilla'?

sappstuf
6/6/2011, 02:25 PM
If McCain felt the need to have a female VP candidate, why Palin? Why not Condolezza Rice? I would pay good money to watch a debate between Palin & Rice.

There is no doubt that Rice is more qualified. It probably had to do with Rice being a part of the Bush administration.

6/6/2011, 02:26 PM
Ever see the movie 'Bambi Meets Godzilla'?a movie set for the future, Jerusalem in Sept 2011?

6/6/2011, 02:27 PM
There is no doubt that Rice is more qualified. It probably had to do with Rice being a part of the Bush administration.haha, that dumbo's administration? Condee was a token, you know?

KantoSooner
6/6/2011, 02:30 PM
a movie set for the future, Jerusalem in Sept 2011?

Well, it could just as easily be Ball St's visit to Norman; but no, I was thinking of Sarah Palin trying to conduct a meaningful foreign policy debate with Condi.
Sort of like watching a tiger play with a blind sheep.

and I'm not that impressed with Condi.

6/6/2011, 02:40 PM
Well, it could just as easily be Ball St's visit to Norman; but no, I was thinking of Sarah Palin trying to conduct a meaningful foreign policy debate with Condi.
Sort of like watching a tiger play with a blind sheep.

and I'm not that impressed with Condi.how could you be impressed with either one. Neither subscribes to the correct line of thinking.

MsProudSooner
6/6/2011, 02:47 PM
how could you be impressed with either one. Neither subscribes to the correct line of thinking.

There you go, generalizing again. I was always impressed with Rice. I was impressed with Palin for about 5 minutes.

JohnnyMack
6/6/2011, 02:50 PM
how could you be impressed with either one. Neither subscribes to the correct line of thinking.

Ya know, you still haven't given us any concrete examples of people that you think, "subscribes to the correct line of thinking".

6/6/2011, 02:54 PM
Ya know, you still haven't given us any concrete examples of people that you think, "subscribes to the correct line of thinking".Didn't know I was required/even asked to do that.

OBear
Hillry
Fidel
Hugo
Vladimir
Harry Reid
Nasty Pelosi

mgsooner
6/6/2011, 02:56 PM
1 if by land, 2 if by Palin

NormanPride
6/6/2011, 02:57 PM
He actually called you out in a thread sometime last week. It's an open question.

And I don't know that my face would change much regardless of the topic of her oration.

6/6/2011, 03:03 PM
There you go, generalizing again. I was always impressed with Rice. I was impressed with Palin for about 5 minutes.If Rice was even remotely mentioned by almost anyone as a possible presidential candidate, she would be found guilty of some inexcusable flaw. Maybe it would be that the USA doesn't need 2 African-Americans in a row as POTUS...or that classical pianists are ABSOLUTELY unqualified to preside over the entire orchestra.

JohnnyMack
6/6/2011, 03:07 PM
Didn't know I was required/even asked to do that.

OBear
Hillry
Fidel
Hugo
Vladimir
Harry Reid
Nasty Pelosi

I just want you to say, "I think X, Y and Z are politicians I admire who I think would do a good job or have done a good job". Now I'm certain you won't answer the question as you think it's some game I'm playing, but I generally see your posts as on the whole more destructive than constructive.

6/6/2011, 03:11 PM
... I generally see your posts as on the whole more destructive than constructive.Just the most recent of countless personal insults by our Soonerfans' Left.

Name me some people you think I would believe are doing a reasonably good job, and I'll comment. (as if this isn't a waste of time)

NormanPride
6/6/2011, 03:21 PM
Wait, what?

JM, just copy and paste the whole Republican party in congress.

tator
6/6/2011, 03:26 PM
And I don't know that my face would change much regardless of the topic of her oration.
Sounds dirty when you say it that way

JohnnyMack
6/6/2011, 03:29 PM
Just the most recent of countless personal insults by our Soonerfans' Left.

Name me some people you think I would believe are doing a reasonably good job, and I'll comment. (as if this isn't a waste of time)

I'd love to. I think Chris Christie stands the best chance of beating BHO today. He could crack NJ & PA, the rest of the rust belt would likely follow suit.

I would love to see Ron Paul debate BHO. I think it would be fascinating. I'd love it if Paul got the nomination, however I don't think Ralph Reed and the rest of the powers that be would want that.

sooner_born_1960
6/6/2011, 03:30 PM
So, she was mostly right?

6/6/2011, 03:59 PM
Wait, what?

JM, just copy and paste the whole Republican party in congress.Yeah, baby, loves me some John McCain, Susan Collins and John Huntsman Jr.

IOW, Shirley you can do better than that!

Midtowner
6/6/2011, 04:21 PM
Not going to read the thread because I really don't see how all of these other individuals matter here.

What we have here is a case where Palin, who can't really play the "I'm new to this game" card anymore got caught, yet again, making ill-considered, factually inaccurate public statements. She demonstrated here again that she has diarrhea of the mouth, which is something that we just can't have with a Commander in Chief.

When Palin doesn't know the answer, she really needs to learn to do what other politicians do--deftly change the subject.

But there's nothing deft about Palin. Her whole trademark is this sort of quasi-anti-intellectual Right-wing looking spouting of platitudes and boilerplate kid-tested/mother-approved pablum.

She doesn't do well with facts, she never has. She doesn't do well with much else. She's got good people who have put together a decent persona for her, but when she opens her mouth, unless she's rehearsed or on prompter, she fails miserably.

Fraggle145
6/6/2011, 04:26 PM
My face when Palin speaks.

Except you do it with a gun.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/image.php?u=41264&dateline=1244066784

KantoSooner
6/6/2011, 04:26 PM
Didn't know I was required/even asked to do that.

OBear
Hillry
Fidel
Hugo
Vladimir
Harry Reid
Nasty Pelosi

Sooo. by extension, I must conclude that you find my comments to be 'leftwing' or 'politically correct'.
Well, wrong you are. I am mostly a libertarian with a strong Republican bent. I just don't find 'my' party offering any candidates who have anything to do with political conservatism (in place of which we are given squealing dogma spouting morons and religious hacks - Barry Goldwater whirls these days at approximately 11,000 rpms).
Here's a brief primer suitable for printing out and laminating for easy reference. Political conservatism is a belief, fundamentally, in limited government. And that includes government limits on the regulation of individual actions. Gay marriage? Not a topic for government to say jack about. Drug use? ditto. Who a person sleeps with and what the two, or three of them do? Legitimate to require an age of consent and consent itself, but after that, keep the FBI out of the bedroom. NPR? NEA? Illegitimate government expenditures. Wars, foreign and domestic? Both are legitimate if/when the government follows the proper methodology. Etc.

The debate in our country is cheapened by the use of facile and very often inaccurate labels. It's a technique that your namesake patented...and it took him from being a marginally cogent voice to being a ludicrous irrelevant clown.

If you'd like to continue a debate, pm me and we can set at time. I'm out of town until late next week and won't have internet in the meantime. Cheers.

Fraggle145
6/6/2011, 04:28 PM
Just the most recent of countless personal insults by our Soonerfans' Left.

I fail to see how that is insulting. He is commenting on your post quality not you as a person. :confused:

The Profit
6/6/2011, 04:28 PM

How could you even possibly compare the two women. Condi Rice is a scholar and a foreign affairs expert, especially when it comes to old Soviet block countries. Palin, on the other hand, went to 4 or 5 colleges before she could figure out how to squeak out an easy degree. This comparison is between an intellectual giant vs someone with the brain the size of a bat mite's.

6/6/2011, 05:11 PM
I fail to see how that is insulting. He is commenting on your post quality not you as a person. :confused:Yeah, he likes to brighten my day. Commenting that my contributions are negative, rather than positive is not meant to be taken personally, haha.

Coming from an ilk of that brand, though, it doesn't hurt too badly.

JohnnyMack
6/6/2011, 05:13 PM
Are you going to answer the question? Ever?

pphilfran
6/6/2011, 05:14 PM
Not going to read the thread because I really don't see how all of these other individuals matter here.

What we have here is a case where Palin, who can't really play the "I'm new to this game" card anymore got caught, yet again, making ill-considered, factually inaccurate public statements. She demonstrated here again that she has diarrhea of the mouth, which is something that we just can't have with a Commander in Chief.

When Palin doesn't know the answer, she really needs to learn to do what other politicians do--deftly change the subject.

But there's nothing deft about Palin. Her whole trademark is this sort of quasi-anti-intellectual Right-wing looking spouting of platitudes and boilerplate kid-tested/mother-approved pablum.

She doesn't do well with facts, she never has. She doesn't do well with much else. She's got good people who have put together a decent persona for her, but when she opens her mouth, unless she's rehearsed or on prompter, she fails miserably.

With this post, I personally think you give Palin far too much intellectual credit...

Fraggle145
6/6/2011, 05:40 PM
Are you going to answer the question? Ever?

Penguin
6/6/2011, 06:13 PM
The gotcha question that the damn dirty libs sprung on her:

"What have you seen so far today, and what are you going to take away from your visit?"

6/6/2011, 06:17 PM
YOU ARE CORRECT SIR!

You and only you matter in this world. Carry on! We are anxiously awaiting your next words.

OhU1
6/6/2011, 06:22 PM
Is RLIMC a bot?

Midtowner
6/6/2011, 06:54 PM
YOU ARE CORRECT SIR!

You and only you matter in this world. Carry on! We are anxiously awaiting your next words.

Just saying that debating the merits of Obama (as a person, not his actual policies) vs. ____ vs. ______ doesn't have a lot to do with Sarah Palin's chronic cranial rectosis.

6/6/2011, 06:56 PM
Just saying that debating the merits of Obama (as a person, not his actual policies) vs. ____ vs. ______ doesn't have a lot to do with Sarah Palin's chronic cranial rectosis.Ah yes! We appreciate your sharing your wisdom.

I Am Right
6/6/2011, 06:57 PM
Heh. Nope she isnt stupid. She just doesnt know American history. :P

http://gawker.com/5808271/sarah-palin-explains-paul-reveres-midnight-ride

(yes I know this is a liberal rag)

I'd still hit it :O

tEM3dW2oWW4

Facts, just facts!

I Am Right
6/6/2011, 07:02 PM

Where is your tolerence? Name calling is sooooo, Never mind!

MR2-Sooner86
6/6/2011, 07:17 PM
The intellectual firepower in this thread is equal to a Truther with down syndrome.

Fraggle145
6/6/2011, 07:18 PM

lexsooner
6/6/2011, 07:32 PM
The gotcha question that the damn dirty libs sprung on her:

"What have you seen so far today, and what are you going to take away from your visit?"

Frickin liberal journalists are always trying to trap her with these tricky questions!

6/6/2011, 07:38 PM
Sarah Palin's chronic cranial rectosis.Lemme get this straight. Rephrasing your contention:

Ms. Palin is a longtime poopy-headed nincompoop, and you should now hire me as your loyer, sos I can impress whomsoever as I need to.

Amen, bro, amen!

Whet
6/6/2011, 07:51 PM
Oops! The dumb broad actually had history right!

You may have heard recently something about that Sarah Palin telling a reporter that Paul Revere warned the British on his famous rousing revolutionary ride.

Now, that so many Americans have wallowed in their smug confirmation that Palin is an idiot unqualified for anything but repeating sixth-grade history, how far, wide and fast do you think the contradictory news will spread that the former governor of Alaska was indeed correct?

That the Republican non-candidate, in fact, knew more about the actual facts of Revere's midnight ride than all those idiots unknowingly revealing their own ignorance by laughing at her faux faux pas? How secretly embarrassing this must be, to be forced to face that you're dumber than the reputed dummy.

As it happens, though, such phenomena are regular occurrences in American politics, reminding consumers of news to be wary when some fresh story seems to fit contemporary assumptions so absolutely perfectly.

The well-known fable is Revere's late-night ride to warn fellow revolutionaries that....

...the British were coming. Less known, obviously, is the rest of the evening's events in which Revere was captured by said redcoats and did indeed defiantly warn them of the awakened militia awaiting their arrival ahead and of the American Revolution's inevitable victory.
Palin knew this. The on-scene reporters did not and ran off like Revere to alert the world to Palin's latest mis-speak, which wasn't.

Like a number of famous faux gaffes in American politics, the facts of the situation no longer really matter.

The initial impression was eagerly grabbed by so many, starting with the reporter and millions of others gleefully sharing the story that reinforced their beliefs and/or desires.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2011/06/sarah-palin-says-paul-revere-warned-the-british.html

Midtowner
6/6/2011, 08:44 PM
Lemme get this straight. Rephrasing your contention:

Ms. Palin is a longtime poopy-headed nincompoop, and you should now hire me as your loyer, sos I can impress whomsoever as I need to.

Amen, bro, amen!

Let's assume Ms. Palin becomes President and she goes on a state visit to Tehran. How do we not end up with WWIII in this situation?

This isn't about calling people poopy-headed nincompoops. This recent gaffe is simply illustrative of the fact that there exists a body of evidence that Palin can make some pretty horrendous off-the-cuff remarks, which are fine if you're an ex-Governor selling books, but this could be a serious deal if she was to become the leader of the free world.

--also, I think she'd lose on "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?," so there's my poopyheaded nincompoop remark, I couldn't resist.

delhalew
6/6/2011, 08:52 PM
Let's assume Ms. Palin becomes President and she goes on a state visit to Tehran. How do we not end up with WWIII in this situation?

This isn't about calling people poopy-headed nincompoops. This recent gaffe is simply illustrative of the fact that there exists a body of evidence that Palin can make some pretty horrendous off-the-cuff remarks, which are fine if you're an ex-Governor selling books, but this could be a serious deal if she was to become the leader of the free world.

--also, I think she'd lose on "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?," so there's my poopyheaded nincompoop remark, I couldn't resist.

Except that the only gaffe was committed by your ilk falling all over each other to call her stupid. The ones like you are the most precious. You still haven't caught up.

Sooner5030
6/6/2011, 08:57 PM
-also, I think she'd lose on "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?," so there's my poopyheaded nincompoop remark, I couldn't resist.

A lot of us would lose to a 5th grader on basic history and civics among other subjects/topics/disciplines taught at that age.

Could that 5th grader wire your house, design your plumbing system, or compile the consolidated financial statements for a entity that has $2.6 trillion in revenue and $4.1 trillion in expenditures?

Most folks that compare the misstatements or simple ignorance that adults can display with 5th graders are those that never achieved much after 5th grade.

Either that or they suck at posting.

pphilfran
6/6/2011, 09:01 PM
One of two things happened...

She is like a clock and is right two times a day...

Or, she was so wrong that she ended up right...

jk the sooner fan
6/6/2011, 09:10 PM

1. it wasnt a gaffe, it was historically accurate
2. our male presidents arent visiting Iran - but you're going to assume that she would......great, i guess thats a muslim reference......we have a female secretary of state (we had one before - Rice) - both of them have visited muslim nations and look - no WW3

idiot post for somebody educated with a law degree

i think its hysterical that so many called her out for being wrong - and when its proven that she was actually right - its because she was "lucky".....none of you have the nuts to admit you were wrong - your hatred for the woman wont allow it

keep on keepin on!

pphilfran
6/6/2011, 09:23 PM
How does this...

He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't going to be taking away our arms uh by ringing those bells and making sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be secure and we were going to be free and we were going to be armed.

Relate to this...

Revere was captured by said redcoats and did indeed defiantly warn them of the awakened militia awaiting their arrival ahead and of the American Revolution's inevitable victory.

Whet
6/6/2011, 09:43 PM
EpGH02DtIws

A Sooner in Texas
6/6/2011, 09:45 PM
http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2011/06/06/apologiestocopley1_244x183.jpg

Ike
6/6/2011, 10:05 PM
1. it wasnt a gaffe, it was historically accurate
2. our male presidents arent visiting Iran - but you're going to assume that she would......great, i guess thats a muslim reference......we have a female secretary of state (we had one before - Rice) - both of them have visited muslim nations and look - no WW3

idiot post for somebody educated with a law degree

i think its hysterical that so many called her out for being wrong - and when its proven that she was actually right - its because she was "lucky".....none of you have the nuts to admit you were wrong - your hatred for the woman wont allow it

keep on keepin on!

She got parts of the story right, and parts very very wrong. If you were a student trying to learn American History from her, you'd be very disappointed when later in life you went and read other history books and found out that your notions of what happened were not quite like you thought they were. And this wasn't a 'gotcha' type question. She was asked a very open ended question and answered with rambling about learning more about a story she clearly did not have entirely straight even after learning more. She's the 'teleprompter' of the right. She's pretty good when she sticks to what she's rehearsed. Absolutely terrible when she gets away from that.

Thaumaturge
6/6/2011, 11:13 PM
How does this...

Relate to this...

Revere was captured by said redcoats and did indeed defiantly warn them of the awakened militia awaiting their arrival ahead and of the American Revolution's inevitable victory.

Clearly, some of the words are the same. With enough straining, they can be made to match, but it's too bad about jk's hernia.

Fraggle145
6/6/2011, 11:21 PM

hawaii 5-0
6/6/2011, 11:48 PM
http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2011/06/06/apologiestocopley1_244x183.jpg

Great Pic.

I could have given Palin credit if she had mentioned warning John Hancock and Samuel Adams about the British Regulars coming after them. Instead she NEVER mentioned that Americans were warned at all.

There was no 'gotcha' in the question. She plainly didn't know what she was talking about. If in doubt watch the video again.

Now, people are trying to cover her tracks, once again, by spinning her words into quasi-halftruths.

Hey, it's still entertaining to watch her faithful try to cover her tracks.

5-0

Trump/ Dawes 2012

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2011, 07:21 AM
She got parts of the story right, and parts very very wrong. If you were a student trying to learn American History from her, you'd be very disappointed when later in life you went and read other history books and found out that your notions of what happened were not quite like you thought they were. And this wasn't a 'gotcha' type question. She was asked a very open ended question and answered with rambling about learning more about a story she clearly did not have entirely straight even after learning more. She's the 'teleprompter' of the right. She's pretty good when she sticks to what she's rehearsed. Absolutely terrible when she gets away from that.

she was speaking off the cuff - from all the uhhs and ahhs - i dont know about you - but i'm sure if you asked me a question about an early history period, i'd hit most of the facts in the same fashion - i may not get them all correct but i'd generally be on the mark - but it wouldnt come across like a rehearsed speech

and thats my point - i'm not saying she should be president - far from it - just that she gives an answer which everybody claims is FAR from correct, then it turns out she wasnt so wrong after all - and everybody that despises her so (which i really dont understand) can't man up and say THEY WERE WRONG - but that she just got lucky

i'd rather you just say "i hate the bitch whether she's right or wrong on any topic" - it would be more accurate

JohnnyMack
6/7/2011, 07:38 AM
i'd rather you just say "i hate the bitch whether she's right or wrong on any topic" - it would be more accurate

So the same way you talk about Obama, gotcha.

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2011, 07:41 AM
So the same way you talk about Obama, gotcha.

i've said/shown this where? dont confuse me with RLIMC

I gave credit and defended Obama for his decision to pull the trigger on the Bin Laden raid....and i've also posted that the whole birther deal is stupid

i dont think he's done much good elsewhere but I also dont think he's stupid - we just have a different ideology

Palin is held to a standard that doesnt seem to be applied to others - just my observation

The Profit
6/7/2011, 07:43 AM
she was speaking off the cuff - from all the uhhs and ahhs - i dont know about you - but i'm sure if you asked me a question about an early history period, i'd hit most of the facts in the same fashion - i may not get them all correct but i'd generally be on the mark - but it wouldnt come across like a rehearsed speech

and thats my point - i'm not saying she should be president - far from it - just that she gives an answer which everybody claims is FAR from correct, then it turns out she wasnt so wrong after all - and everybody that despises her so (which i really dont understand) can't man up and say THEY WERE WRONG - but that she just got lucky

That is a deal!! If I ever hear her say anything that is anywhere near correct, I will simply say "I hate the bitch" (although I really don't hate anyone). In the meantime, I will just continue ridiculing the bimbo from Alaska.

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2011, 07:46 AM
the difference between Obama and Palin - besides the obvious penis/vagina thing

Obama is the elected POTUS......he actually signs legislation into law and does that whole policy for America thing

Palin - not so much - she rides around in a bus but you'd think that she'd been appointed emperor of the world the way some of you guys get all lathered up by her

if she's such an idiot and a threat - why do you pay so much attention to her? hang on every word? try so hard to discredit everything she does?

i dont get it

The Profit
6/7/2011, 07:58 AM
the difference between Obama and Palin - besides the obvious penis/vagina thing

Obama is the elected POTUS......he actually signs legislation into law and does that whole policy for America thing

Palin - not so much - she rides around in a bus but you'd think that she'd been appointed emperor of the world the way some of you guys get all lathered up by her

if she's such an idiot and a threat - why do you pay so much attention to her? hang on every word? try so hard to discredit everything she does?

i dont get it

JK, because it is so easy, and fun. I am also in complete amazement as to why normally intelligent republicans flock to her, buy her books that someone else wrote, send money to her pac for her family vacations, etc. Perhaps one of the ardent Palin supporters on this board can explain that to the rest of us.

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2011, 08:05 AM
JK, because it is so easy, and fun. I am also in complete amazement as to why normally intelligent republicans flock to her, buy her books that someone else wrote, send money to her pac for her family vacations, etc. Perhaps one of the ardent Palin supporters on this board can explain that to the rest of us.

the same way those on the left flock to those on the left - its really no different

people are looking for somebody with charisma - i dont know of a single elected politician that had ALL the answers or had enough "smarts" to make every single decision in a vacuum - it just doesnt happen

i think its rather easy to figure out - while i've not bought any of her books i think people flock to her because 1) she's attractive 2) she's a self made woman - she could be your next door neighbor - there is a sense of normalcy about her - she's not putting on airs to be something she's not

what you see is what you get - and we've all had our share of politicians that are nothing more than stiff suits with stiff upper lips - a lot of people are tired of the "elite"

she's a mother of 5(?) - got involved with local politics because she wanted to make a difference - she's doing exactly what the NOW crowd wanted women to be able to do - "have it all" - except they vilify her because she's "pro-life"

i cant speak for any other "normally intelligent republicans" -but i think thats a fair estimation of why people like her - i've not met anybody that follows her that thinks she's a genius, or anybody that expects her to be that

olevetonahill
6/7/2011, 08:46 AM

Now this we agree on. Good post

diverdog
6/7/2011, 09:20 AM
the same way those on the left flock to those on the left - its really no different

people are looking for somebody with charisma - i dont know of a single elected politician that had ALL the answers or had enough "smarts" to make every single decision in a vacuum - it just doesnt happen

i think its rather easy to figure out - while i've not bought any of her books i think people flock to her because 1) she's attractive 2) she's a self made woman - she could be your next door neighbor - there is a sense of normalcy about her - she's not putting on airs to be something she's not

what you see is what you get - and we've all had our share of politicians that are nothing more than stiff suits with stiff upper lips - a lot of people are tired of the "elite"

she's a mother of 5(?) - got involved with local politics because she wanted to make a difference - she's doing exactly what the NOW crowd wanted women to be able to do - "have it all" - except they vilify her because she's "pro-life"

i cant speak for any other "normally intelligent republicans" -but i think thats a fair estimation of why people like her - i've not met anybody that follows her that thinks she's a genius, or anybody that expects her to be that

Would you want her finger on the nuclear button? I don't think I would.

Palin is nothing more than smoke and mirrors and I will bet she will not run in a Republican primary because they will tear her to shreds. Palin is smart enough to know this and she is running around the country making wads of cash from her lemmings and laughing all the way to the bank.

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2011, 09:27 AM
Would you want her finger on the nuclear button? I don't think I would.

Palin is nothing more than smoke and mirrors and I will bet she will not run in a Republican primary because they will tear her to shreds. Palin is smart enough to know this and she is running around the country making wads of cash from her lemmings and laughing all the way to the bank.

i CLEARLY said i dont think she should be the POTUS, i dont think she's electable - so your question is a bit pointless

Midtowner
6/7/2011, 09:50 AM
she was speaking off the cuff

That's the problem right there. Palin is either a product or a candidate. In either event, her public image is paramount. Either she makes the decisions, or her 'people' make the decisions, but this incident shows that one of those people could be doing a better job.

Palin has shown on numerous occasions that she is utterly horrendous at making off-the-cuff remarks. So why does she continue to do so? Why not restrict media access and have her only speak on-camera when she has a script?

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2011, 09:51 AM
That's the problem right there. Palin is either a product or a candidate. In either event, her public image is paramount. Either she makes the decisions, or her 'people' make the decisions, but this incident shows that one of those people could be doing a better job.

Palin has shown on numerous occasions that she is utterly horrendous at making off-the-cuff remarks. So why does she continue to do so? Why not restrict media access and have her only speak on-camera when she has a script?

Obama is full of uhhs and ahhs when he's off the tele-prompter

restrict media access? seriously? are you really somebody with an actual law degree or just playing on on tv?

if she's a candidate - nobody wants a robot that only speaks on script 24/7....thats not even a realistic expectation

Midtowner
6/7/2011, 10:10 AM
if she's a candidate - nobody wants a robot that only speaks on script 24/7....thats not even a realistic expectation

It's pretty much what they did in her VP campaign after some notable and well-publicized gaffes.

One could argue that had something to do with them going down in flames, but Obama's campaign had so much momentum at that point that I don't think Palin factored in much at all.

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2011, 10:10 AM
Palin wasnt running for President - McCain was

The Profit
6/7/2011, 10:14 AM
Palin wasnt running for President - McCain was

Not as far as the right winged bible banging wackos were concerned. They could have cared less about McCain. They never considered Old John as one of their own. They voted for Simple Sarah, while hoping McCain's melanoma returned.

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2011, 10:17 AM
McCain ran a HORRIBLE campaign.....awful - but i dont think it would have mattered really - there was a Bush hatred theme running rampant in the media - and Obama had the media in his back pocket.....perfect storm in my opinion, it wouldn't have mattered who the GOP put against Obama

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2011, 10:18 AM
right winged bible banging wackos

i think you've met your anti-Christian quota for the day now - we get it

JohnnyMack
i've said/shown this where? dont confuse me with RLIMC

I gave credit and defended Obama for his decision to pull the trigger on the Bin Laden raid....and i've also posted that the whole birther deal is stupid

i dont think he's done much good elsewhere but I also dont think he's stupid - we just have a different ideology

Palin is held to a standard that doesnt seem to be applied to others - just my observation

Let's take a road trip to Iowa for the screening of her new movie! You drive, I'll buy the snacks. Then we can hear about all the wonderful things she has accomplished.

jk the sooner fan
has she declared a candidacy yet? you sure are fretting over her...

JohnnyMack
6/7/2011, 10:21 AM
has she declared a candidacy yet? you sure are fretting over her...

You people, yes, you people, keep intimating that if you dislike Sarah Palin that you are somehow afraid of her and/or fear her. It's a sloppy line of thinking.

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2011, 10:23 AM
so you're not afraid of her becoming POTUS?

The Profit
6/7/2011, 10:27 AM

No, there are still enough sane people in this country to keep that bimbo from becoming president. Would I worry greatly about this country if someone as obviously dumb as this bitch became president? You betcha I would.

jk the sooner fan
6/7/2011, 10:28 AM
you're a classy guy -dont let anybody tell you differently

The Profit
6/7/2011, 10:29 AM
you're a classy guy -dont let anybody tell you differently

Thank you, JK. I appreciate that.

JohnnyMack
6/7/2011, 10:39 AM

Honestly I'm not afraid of her, anymore than you should have been afraid of Obama. I was at lunch with a coworker a while back and he's 25ish and very young, liberal and idealistic and still in love with Obama. I made him mad when I made the argument that it really doesn't matter who's the POTUS because the entire office is bought and sold by higher powers. The single most disgusting thing BHO did (and the primary reason I'm not likely to vote for him again) is to load up on Wall Street / Goldman Sachs sh1theads and enacting no real reforms. But I can't honestly say that I think Palin would have been any different. I'm a bit put off by politicians in general of late. They can all go jump in a flaming lake for all I care. I think she'd be just as big of an all hat, no cattle, ineffectual turd as the last couple of presidents we've had.

Penguin
6/7/2011, 11:29 AM
OMG, she was technically & historically correct? Really? Lol!

What will happen if she says that the sky is green? I'm sure her 24/7 damage control team will find some scientist to say that for 3.5 microseconds at about 10.5 nanoseconds after sunrise, one billionth of the sky is green to one specific breed of dog. Therefore, she is technically scientifically 100% correct. The Palin panty sniffers will be on here gloating about how damn smart she is and that the free world could learn from her 100% correct teachings.

lexsooner
6/7/2011, 11:35 AM
Honestly I'm not afraid of her, anymore than you should have been afraid of Obama. I was at lunch with a coworker a while back and he's 25ish and very young, liberal and idealistic and still in love with Obama. I made him mad when I made the argument that it really doesn't matter who's the POTUS because the entire office is bought and sold by higher powers. The single most disgusting thing BHO did (and the primary reason I'm not likely to vote for him again) is to load up on Wall Street / Goldman Sachs sh1theads and enacting no real reforms. But I can't honestly say that I think Palin would have been any different. I'm a bit put off by politicians in general of late. They can all go jump in a flaming lake for all I care. I think she'd be just as big of an all hat, no cattle, ineffectual turd as the last couple of presidents we've had.

And the tax breaks for the rich and corporations continue . . . . . It's business as usual. The Change thing was a load of crap. He's done some good things, but his failure to hold Wall Street and the bankers and home mortgage execs accountable, and continuing the tax breaks for the rich, have been two of my biggest disappointments with Obama.

diverdog
6/7/2011, 12:31 PM
And the tax breaks for the rich and corporations continue . . . . . It's business as usual. The Change thing was a load of crap. He's done some good things, but his failure to hold Wall Street and the bankers and home mortgage execs accountable, and continuing the tax breaks for the rich, have been two of my biggest disappointments with Obama.

I read somewhere that the US was stuck. If they prosecuted all the Wall Street bankers that got us into this mess then there would be no one to run the companies. Kind of like the saying keep your friends close and your enemies closer. So they let them stay.

Like you I am very disappointed that there was not hundreds if not thousands of people going to jail. Trillions of dollars was hijack from the economy and the average American is going to pay for it. And the most ironic part of it all is they are also getting the blame for the recession.

Ike
6/7/2011, 12:45 PM
But the difference is she wasn't asked about any period at all, or any history at all. She was asked something to the effect of 'what do you take away from your visit to this city' or some other somesuch. She chose to bring up Revere, and her rambling seemed (at least to me) like she was far more interested in linking her preferred talking points to the story than actually recalling the story.

"He rode to warn the british 'you're not gonna get our guns'" paints a very different picture than "He rode to warn the local leaders of the infant revolution that the british were coming to disarm them, and after being captured defiantly told the british they were doomed to fail"

It's not that she couldn't have hit her talking points with the actual story...but the rambling seemed to me that she is more concerned with getting her talking points in there than getting the facts straight, or even being interested in history. And thats fine. But she could have said any number of things that didn't require her to remember specific facts. This kind of thing has happened enough to her that, IMO, she should know by now how to handle it better than she did.

I don't think she got lucky. I think she probably had some recollection of the facts, and being more concerned about hitting her talking points than hitting the facts, she ran a few of them together in ways that make things come out not resembling the facts at all.

I don't hate her. But I wish the media would stop following her around. She's really not worth the time. It's about as worthwhile as following around <insert actors name> and reporting on everything they say. If she announces a run for prez...fine, follow her then. But until then, please media, stop it. You are hurting America when you do so.