PDA

View Full Version : Baby Talk to a Pet: OK or Not OK?

SoonerofAlabama
6/3/2011, 01:16 PM
I think it is weird. What do you guys think?

olevetonahill
6/3/2011, 01:22 PM
I just talk to my critters. Ive heard most dogs are as intelligent as a 2 year old so i think it would be appropriate

Taxman71
6/3/2011, 01:30 PM
If I talked to my kids like I do my dog, DHS would be over at the house. Then again, the dog does mind me better.

OU_Sooners75
6/3/2011, 01:30 PM
I just kick and scream at mine.

Just kidding.

I think it is ridiculous when someone talks to their pets like they are a baby! For those that do, I understand you love your pet(s), but they probably think you have some mental issues talking like that to them.

royalfan5
6/3/2011, 01:31 PM
I will chat incessantly to animals of all stripes, and I'm probably the worst with cattle. That being said I tend to converse with them like adults.

Fraggle145
6/3/2011, 01:32 PM
shoulda been a pole

olevetonahill
6/3/2011, 01:34 PM
I will chat incessantly to animals of all stripes, and I'm probably the worst with cattle. That being said I tend to converse with them like adults.

I agree. Just talk to em, They understand what yer sayin a lot more than you think.

Hell I got a 10 month old Granddaughter That when I talk to her I talk in fairly simple sentences but it aint all that googoo **** .

royalfan5
6/3/2011, 01:37 PM
I agree. Just talk to em, They understand what yer sayin a lot more than you think.

Hell I got a 10 month old Granddaughter That when I talk to her I talk in fairly simple sentences but it aint all that googoo **** .

I had a show steer that would respond to stuff on command like a dog. It was awesome especially since he outweighed me by 1300lbs. He also ended up very tasty.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/3/2011, 01:38 PM
I had a girlfriend JUST LIKE THAT.

OU_Sooners75
6/3/2011, 01:39 PM

In what way? 1300 pounds heavier than you?

olevetonahill
6/3/2011, 01:39 PM

You ATE a 1300lb girlfriend? Can ya say NASTY :eek:

Tulsa_Fireman
6/3/2011, 01:40 PM
All of the above.

Let's get back to talking about pets. The memory is too harsh.

olevetonahill
6/3/2011, 01:41 PM
All of the above.

Let's get back to talking about pets. The memory is too harsh.

I cant even imagine how lathered up that thing would be, Let alone the work involved in moving all that lard to try to find the sweet spot.:eek:

saucysoonergal
6/3/2011, 01:43 PM
I'm waiting for JK as he is the expert in this area.

Turd_Ferguson
6/3/2011, 01:43 PM
I cant even imagine how lathered up that thing would be, Let alone the work involved in moving all that lard to try to find the sweet spot.:eek:I'm gonna have to say, IMO, anything 1300lbs isn't gonna have a "Sweet Spot" anywhere on her body...

Breadburner
6/3/2011, 01:44 PM
Not in front of other people....Nor do I like people talking to my dog like that....

olevetonahill
6/3/2011, 01:45 PM
I'm gonna have to say, IMO, anything 1300lbs isn't gonna have a "Sweet Spot" anywhere on her body...

Dont ALL wimmens got the "Little Man in a boat"? or in this case he prolly be in a submarine.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/3/2011, 01:50 PM
Her "little man" was captain of the frickin' Bismarck.

jk the sooner fan
6/3/2011, 01:57 PM
I'm waiting for JK as he is the expert in this area.

well i have experimented with my dogs - i think they understand the voice inflection you use when you call their name just as much as their actual name

i can call Sunny with any two syllable word as long as i say the word the same way I'd say her name

they react differently - in my opinion - to "sweet/fun talk" than they do just my normal tone....so if i want to affirm something they've done positive, i may use a different voice - albeit not a "baby voice"

i feel kind of silly saying "do you need to go potty" in the same voice i use to have conversations with my wife, friends, family, etc

olevetonahill
6/3/2011, 01:57 PM
Her "little man" was captain of the frickin' Bismarck.

:D

jk the sooner fan
6/3/2011, 01:59 PM
- i think they understand the voice inflection you use when you call their name just as much as their actual name

i can call Sunny with any two syllable word as long as i say the word the same way I'd say her name

however, this may just be proof that they're not nearly as smart as i'd like to think they are

olevetonahill
6/3/2011, 02:03 PM
I ask Knothead if he wants to go outside? He looks at me says **** you and goes and lays down under the A/C vent

Sooner_Tuf
6/3/2011, 02:25 PM
I have seen a lot of people that think their kids are as smart as dogs. They aren't of course but they want to believe.

My dogs stay at home alone all day and even look out for the place. My kids never did that.

jk the sooner fan
6/3/2011, 02:30 PM
I have seen a lot of people that think their kids are as smart as dogs. They aren't of course but they want to believe.

My dogs stay at home alone all day and even look out for the place. My kids never did that.

it took me 9 weeks to house break my dogs.......my boys were still ****ting their pants at 2 years

olevetonahill
6/3/2011, 05:30 PM
it took me 9 weeks to house break my dogs.......my boys were still ****ting their pants at 2 years

I brot Knothead home at about 10 months old, Found him at the dump
Let him stay in the shack that night. Woke up and he had **** in the floor. I called him to me Pointed at the poop and said NO, let him O/S he came back in and has never made any kind of mess since then.
Course hes a Black Lab mix and I think they be the smartest critters around.;)

yermom
6/3/2011, 05:36 PM
my grandmother's black lab/chow mix was one of the best dogs i've been around

i haven't been around many labs/retrievers that weren't good dogs though

Turd_Ferguson
6/3/2011, 05:46 PM
I gotta Blue Healer that would absolutely die before she would **** or **** in the house...

yermom
6/3/2011, 06:06 PM
those also seemed like great dogs

jk the sooner fan
6/3/2011, 06:46 PM
labs are very smart dogs

except Howzits

my male golden is without a doubt the smartest dog i've ever been around - he makes the two females seem retarded

pphilfran
6/3/2011, 06:54 PM
Sweet little thing, give me kisses...slurp, slurp, slurp....

MsProudSooner2
6/3/2011, 07:15 PM
Baby talk isn't as bad as dressing them up in clothes.

Soonerfan88
6/3/2011, 10:53 PM
I had to walk away when an acquaintance announced they had just finalized their adoption and were so happy to finally be parents. When asked boy or girl, she announced female labradoodle named Princess. Now I'm seeing commercials from PetsMart or wherever talking to all the "pet parents" out there.

I love animals, but I'm not their parent and they aren't my children!!!!!

Mjcpr
6/3/2011, 11:01 PM
I expected jk to comment on my dog pic from the other day, but he didn't. :(

olevetonahill
6/3/2011, 11:50 PM
Dogs Is good. Unless they be retarded:pop:

olevetonahill
6/3/2011, 11:51 PM
I expected jk to comment on my dog pic from the other day, but he didn't. :(

Is he still stroken to it?:eek:

delhalew
6/4/2011, 12:32 AM