PDA

View Full Version : Interesting lineup today

IndySooner
6/3/2011, 12:45 PM
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg616/scaled.php?tn=0&server=616&filename=i3ygg.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

NOVSooner
6/3/2011, 01:07 PM
hmmm. will this be streaming live on any site?

IndySooner
6/3/2011, 01:19 PM
ESPN3

ouboomer1
6/3/2011, 02:11 PM
Good job by Rocha to limit the damage there...hopefully he settles down....

ouboomer1
6/3/2011, 03:54 PM
Ogle comes through again!!!!!!

Ohiosooner2
6/3/2011, 04:07 PM
Ogle comes through again!!!!!!

Score??

Thanks!

colinreturn
6/3/2011, 04:07 PM
anybodys espn3 sound go out?

colinreturn
6/3/2011, 04:08 PM
Score??

Thanks!

2-1 good guys with 1 out in the 8th. ogle hit a 2 out single to score a runner. rocha just walked a guy so they pulled him. warming up now.

colinreturn
6/3/2011, 04:10 PM
side retired. we are up 2-1 going into bottom 8. 3 more outs!

colinreturn
6/3/2011, 04:15 PM
ou went down 1-2-3. all we need is 3 more outs

Ohiosooner2
6/3/2011, 04:15 PM
side retired. we are up 2-1 going into bottom 8. 3 more outs!
Really appreciate it.

Who's on the mound in place of Rocha?

Come on Sooners!

soonermike53
6/3/2011, 04:17 PM
Really appreciate it.

Who's on the mound in place of Rocha?

Come on Sooners!

Overton came in for Rocha. I think Duke might come in for the ninth. 1-2-3 b8. Going into t9 2-1 OU.

colinreturn
6/3/2011, 04:18 PM
Overton out there to start 9th....base hit 0 outs

soonermike53
6/3/2011, 04:19 PM
I was wrong. Overton still in.

colinreturn
6/3/2011, 04:21 PM
my fu***** sound keeps going out and it's driving me nuts.

colinreturn
6/3/2011, 04:22 PM
1 down guy on 2nd.

ouboomer1
6/3/2011, 04:23 PM
now it really gets interesting man on 2nd with 1 out and now Golloway brings in Duke....

The Maestro
6/3/2011, 04:23 PM
Duke in. 1 out and runner on 2nd.

The Maestro
6/3/2011, 04:25 PM
Wow...that was scary...lined shot to center. 2 outs and runner still at 2. One out to go!

Ohiosooner2
now it really gets interesting man on 2nd with 1 out and now Golloway brings in Duke....

No kidding!

colinreturn
holy that was scary

ouboomer1
6/3/2011, 04:26 PM
another blown save.....bot 9...

The Maestro
6/3/2011, 04:26 PM
Dammit. RBI single. Tie game. Runner out at 2nd. We go to bottom of 9th.

colinreturn
6/3/2011, 04:27 PM
****ing **** **** **** **** **** ****

Ohiosooner2
6/3/2011, 04:29 PM
another blown save.....bot 9...

F

ouboomer1
6/3/2011, 04:31 PM
quick 1-2-3...top of 10

colinreturn
6/3/2011, 04:32 PM
if we lose this its the story of the ****ing season

colinreturn
6/3/2011, 04:36 PM
that was stupid lucky. should have thrown to first

ouboomer1
6/3/2011, 04:37 PM
Buechele unable to field bunt, 1 on.....DBU bunts out at 2nd.....1 on 1 out....lined single runners on the corners 1 out....no play DBU leads 3-2 runners on 2nd and 1st..

soonermike53
6/3/2011, 04:38 PM
dangit!!!

colinreturn
6/3/2011, 04:39 PM
un****ingbelieveable. **** this.

soonermike53
6/3/2011, 04:41 PM
DBU 3-2 runners on 1 and 2 with 1 out. We stink!!

IndySooner
6/3/2011, 04:42 PM
This is the most frustrating team I can remember. Absolutely frustrating season.

jadubya
if you missed the entire 2011 campaign....consider this game cliff's notes. unfriggin believable. i want to puke.

ouboomer1
wow....Buechele blew another routine play...bases loaded the ship seems to be taking on a lot of water right now....

Muno
Buechelle with an error. Looks like the wheels on the bus are coming off.

colinreturn
buechele now responsible for missing 2 outs. bases loaded.

sperry
6/3/2011, 04:43 PM
What a miserable performance. Glad I didn't drive down there to watch. I just don't understand how this team has been this bad.

soonermike53
Wow. error by buechele. bases loaded with 1 out. UNFREAKING BELIEVABLE!!

ouboomer1
pitching change...Seng in...

jadubya
our inability to make plays....get key hits...in crucial situations has been our undoing all year long. i wish i had a different song to sing....but i have been playing this broken record since the arizona state series.

Sooner95
6/3/2011, 04:44 PM
boy...this sucks for sure..

colinreturn
6/3/2011, 04:44 PM
I have never ever seen a more frustrating baseball team.

ouboomer1
6/3/2011, 04:46 PM
I have never ever seen a more frustrating baseball team.

plenty of blame on the coaching staff as well, whats the direction of the offense? why is Duke the only closer?

ouboomer1
6/3/2011, 04:47 PM
bigtime double play OU needs a run somehow someway....

BoonesFarmSooner
So freaking frustrating

Muno
Hard to believe we got out of that inning giving up just one run.

colinreturn
plenty of blame on the coaching staff as well, whats the direction of the offense? why is Duke the only closer?

Don't get me wrong. team = everyone

FaninAma
6/3/2011, 04:48 PM
These guys seem like they spent a lot of the off season reading their press clippings.

They just need to get this season over with which will probably happen this weekend and spend some time re-learning how to play fundamental baseball.

The coaching staff gets a C- for having this team ready to play in the tough games this year.

ouboomer1
6/3/2011, 04:50 PM
Buechele flies out on a 3-1 pitch.....1 down...Chuck Kelly trying to be positive....Ogle strikesout....2 down

Sooner95
6/3/2011, 04:52 PM
so it's B9?? 3-2 DB? GT is slow..

Muno
Down to our last out.

colinreturn
why the **** did he swing at 3-1.

jadubya
6/3/2011, 04:53 PM
well....now i don't have to worry about my vacation next week being disturbed by our super regional appearance.

ouboomer1
Seitzer singles...Seitzer and Ogle only saving graces on offense this month.....

Muno
Seitzer singles

jadubya
game is on espn3.com

ouboomer1
6/3/2011, 04:54 PM
passed ball Blair moves to 2nd....

Muno
6/3/2011, 04:54 PM
pass ball runner moves to 2nd

BoonesFarmSooner
6/3/2011, 04:55 PM
GAME OVER.... Its time to end this season

Muno
game over

ouboomer1
strikeout ball game DBU 3-2

The Maestro
6/3/2011, 04:56 PM
Good Lord, out 2 and 3 were ****ty strike three calls.

Sooner95
6/3/2011, 04:56 PM
Bah!

jadubya
6/3/2011, 04:57 PM
horrible friggin strike call....but it doesn't matter. at some point, we are who we are.....and this group is unable to win close games. this group is unable to win big games.

hvhurricane
6/3/2011, 05:01 PM
This is a complete micorcosim of the entire season. **** poor play when it matters and the inability to get any key hits, which equals another one run loss.

What a complete waste of talent.

sperry
6/3/2011, 05:10 PM
Buechele just completely folds under pressure. It's been painful watching him in the post season the past two years. Duke just isn't a good player.

Hopefully we can beat ORU than DBU to at least make it to the finals of the regionals, although beating TCU twice in a row on their home field seems unlikely.

ouboomer1
6/3/2011, 05:15 PM
Buechele just completely folds under pressure. It's been painful watching him in the post season the past two years. Duke just isn't a good player.

Hopefully we can beat ORU than DBU to at least make it to the finals of the regionals, although beating TCU twice in a row on their home field seems unlikely.

not just Buechele, other guys like White, Reine, and Ellison who were everyday players last year have been dissapointing too

bcolston15
6/3/2011, 05:21 PM
This is a complete micorcosim of the entire season. **** poor play when it matters and the inability to get any key hits, which equals another one run loss.

What a complete waste of talent.

I'd try to say it better, but I can't.

We haven't accomplished one ****ing thing this year. Not one.

I'd take the '07 or '08 teams over this team. They had more fight in them than this squad could ever dream of having.

And... It's never one guy, but our inability to close games this year has been a killer.

bcolston15
6/3/2011, 05:24 PM
We have to be big ORU fans tonight. If they can beat TCU the door will still be slightly open for us.

I'll take my chances playing TCU in an elimination game then beating ORU/DBU twice. The reverse is a losing proposition.

ouboomer1
6/3/2011, 05:29 PM
We have to be big ORU fans tonight. If they can beat TCU the door will still be slightly open for us.

I'll take my chances playing TCU in an elimination game then beating ORU/DBU twice. The reverse is a losing proposition.

im trying to be optimistic too, but the way OU is swinging the bats, not getting the little breaks, its hard to imagine OU having success against any quality team right now.

IndySooner
6/3/2011, 05:35 PM
I don't think it matters who wins tonight. I'll be surprised if the team doesn't completely fold tomorrow.

TumbleweedDoom
6/3/2011, 05:37 PM
I thought this regional was going to be a cakewalk for us. Some people forgot we've only had one winning road weekend all year.

Blue
6/3/2011, 05:52 PM
Dallas Baptist? Really? Again?

F!!!!

Ruf/Nek7
6/3/2011, 06:06 PM
Yet another disappointment added to this season. I was at the game and thought the strike zone moved quite often. It was consistently inconsistent but two things bugged me. A.) The horrible blown double play call where Ogle lined it to second. We were clearly safe and that ended our inning. Otherwise, Mistich was coming up with men on first and second. B.)Sonny choosing to bunt with runner on second with one out....dbu has our # this year

IndySooner
6/3/2011, 06:23 PM
Yet another disappointment added to this season. I was at the game and thought the strike zone moved quite often. It was consistently inconsistent but two things bugged me. A.) The horrible blown double play call where Ogle lined it to second. We were clearly safe and that ended our inning. Otherwise, Mistich was coming up with men on first and second. B.)Sonny choosing to bunt with runner on second with one out....dbu has our # this year

That, along with a lot of things he's done this year, was mystifying.

Honestly, I think the bats had more of an effect on Sunny than they did our hitters this year.

bcolston15
6/3/2011, 11:42 PM
Dallas Baptist? Really? Again?

F!!!!

I wish people would clue into the fact that DBU is really good. There's no shame in losing a game to them.

That doesn't mean our season hasn't been a huge disappointment, it has, but give DBU some credit.

Blue
6/4/2011, 12:25 AM
I wish people would clue into the fact that DBU is really good. There's no shame in losing a game to them.

That doesn't mean our season hasn't been a huge disappointment, it has, but give DBU some credit.

Oh they are awesome. I know kids line up to go play for DB before OU, Tex, and any other big school.

They might be decent, but they have no business beating us twice in one year.

Obviously they are good. they're in the tourney. if I would have told you before the year though that Dallas Baptist was going to sweep us, you, in your know it all kind of manner would have called me crazy.

So stfu.

rysooner
6/4/2011, 10:42 AM
As I said last week, this regional scared me because this team, (everyone, not just one or two guys), has not performed well outside the city limits of Norman. After watching them during the Big 12 tourney, there were no signs that things were going to change for the better. Really a weird, hard to figure out, season...

Sooner11JK
6/4/2011, 11:09 AM
Oh they are awesome. I know kids line up to go play for DB before OU, Tex, and any other big school.

They might be decent, but they have no business beating us twice in one year.

Obviously they are good. they're in the tourney. if I would have told you before the year though that Dallas Baptist was going to sweep us, you, in your know it all kind of manner would have called me crazy.

So stfu.

Before you make a comment, like telling someone to stfu, why don't you take a look at what DBU has accomplished this year. They've won road games galore against good teams. The only series they lost all year was at Texas A&M. I can kinda see your point, but to be D1 Independent and get invited to the tourney, you have to have an exceptional season. And and exceptional season they've had.

http://www.d1baseball.com/schools/dallasbapt.htm

hvhurricane
6/4/2011, 11:52 AM
First of all, the reason they won so many games against good teams this year is because they played their #1 starter in the midweek games against the better competition. The reason they lost the weekend series against A&M is because they had to play against A&M's best. They are a good team, and they have beaten some decent teams this year, but they are not better than us.

We are talking about a team, in OU, that was a preseason top 5 ranked team by everyone. This meltdown has been epic. We will have gone from top 5 preseason to not even being in a top 25 at the end of the year. We play like a little league team away from home. We make Bush League mistakes over and over again. Some of this is on the coaching, i.e. overreacting on our batting philosophy due to the bats, staying with Duke, but a ton of it is on experienced players just making stupid mistakes, i.e. Buchele yesterday, Bushyhead against KSU in the first game of the Big 12. That is the area that has SG baffled, IMO. The one area he excells in, motivation, has fallen completely flat on this team. They have completely tuned him out. He has tried everything in his arsenal and he is drained. You can see it when he talks to the media. He is out of answers. You can argue his X's and O's ability, but you have never been able to question his team's toughness and mental concentration until this year. I know the players care, but it is quite evident that the chemistry problems within this team, which started at the beginning of the season, have completely torn this team apart and wasted this season. As Colston said, we haven't accomplished one damn thing this year with all this talent and that is sad.

IndySooner
6/4/2011, 12:14 PM
First of all, the reason they won so many games against good teams this year is because they played their #1 starter in the midweek games against the better competition. The reason they lost the weekend series against A&M is because they had to play against A&M's best. They are a good team, and they have beaten some decent teams this year, but they are not better than us.

We are talking about a team, in OU, that was a preseason top 5 ranked team by everyone. This meltdown has been epic. We will have gone from top 5 preseason to not even being in a top 25 at the end of the year. We play like a little league team away from home. We make Bush League mistakes over and over again. Some of this is on the coaching, i.e. overreacting on our batting philosophy due to the bats, staying with Duke, but a ton of it is on experienced players just making stupid mistakes, i.e. Buchele yesterday, Bushyhead against KSU in the first game of the Big 12. That is the area that has SG baffled, IMO. The one area he excells in, motivation, has fallen completely flat on this team. They have completely tuned him out. He has tried everything in his arsenal and he is drained. You can see it when he talks to the media. He is out of answers. You can argue his X's and O's ability, but you have never been able to question his team's toughness and mental concentration until this year. I know the players care, but it is quite evident that the chemistry problems within this team, which started at the beginning of the season, have completely torn this team apart and wasted this season. As Colston said, we haven't accomplished one damn thing this year with all this talent and that is sad.

I think the chemistry issues go WELL beyond the players on the field. Coaches, administration, etc. No one seems to be on the same page. No one seems to really like each other, frankly. It's weird. If you talk to five different people around the program you get five different answers.

hvhurricane
6/4/2011, 12:43 PM
Let's face it. This isn't the first time one of SG's teams have had chemistry problems within the program. This is the first time since his first year back, with the Hayward situation, that it has really shown on the field, though. This team reminds me of that team. They just wanted to get the year over with and move on. Sad but true.

hvhurricane
6/4/2011, 05:02 PM
Let's face it. This isn't the first time one of SG's teams have had chemistry problems within the program. This is the first time since his first year back, with the Hayward situation, that it has really shown on the field, though. This team reminds me of that team. They just wanted to get the year over with and move on. Sad but true.

And it was obviously more apparent after today's game.

bcolston15
6/6/2011, 12:23 AM
Between the returning players and the incoming class we'll be just fine next season.

I think this is the best recruiting class Tadlock has brought in.