PDA

View Full Version : What is going on at OKC airport?

SoonerNate
6/3/2011, 10:59 AM
National news is saying suspicious package and flights have stopped there.

SoonerNate
6/3/2011, 11:04 AM
Something serious or much to do about nothing? I'm hearing they vacated the airport and stopped flights.

Mongo
6/3/2011, 11:05 AM
http://www.newsok.com/breaking-will-rogers-world-airport-evacuated/article/3573857?custom_click=lead_story_title

SoonerLVZ
6/3/2011, 11:06 AM
http://www.newsok.com/breaking-will-rogers-world-airport-evacuated/article/3573857?custom_click=lead_story_title

Will Rogers World Airport has been evacuated due to a suspicious package found in the baggage claim area, airport spokeswoman Karen Carney said.
The ticket counter and baggage area were evacuated about 9:40 a.m.

All passengers who had already gone through security checkpoint were evacuated to the west side of the airport, Carney said.

An employee at the airport who did not want to give his name said, “I've never come across this before; we just need to put it in the Lord's hands.”

Carney said a bomb squad has been called to investigate the package.

The
6/3/2011, 11:09 AM
An employee at the airport who did not want to give his name said, “I've never come across this before; we just need to put it in the Lord's hands.”

Carney said a bomb squad has been called to investigate the package.

Probably should leave it in the bomb squad's hands instead. A tad bit more effective.

saucysoonergal
6/3/2011, 11:10 AM
Probably someone's pleasure device.

SoonerNate
6/3/2011, 11:10 AM
Sounds scary.

It's already gone national news wise.

The
6/3/2011, 11:11 AM
Probably someone's pleasure device.
http://usesoap.com/images/news/fight_club2.jpg

Of course it's company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo... always use the indefinite article "a" dildo, never "your" dildo.

Jammin'
6/3/2011, 11:58 AM
"your" "a" dildo

FTW!

Tulsa_Fireman
6/3/2011, 12:02 PM
Jesus is a bad *** bomb tech.

Fish&Game
6/3/2011, 12:04 PM
We had a suspicous pkg here last week. Brought the dog out, and he sat on it. Bomb squad came out, blew it up. It ended up being a pair of dirty sneakers and a few books. Dudes feet must have been the bomb!

Viking Kitten
6/3/2011, 12:06 PM
According to my friend who is currently stuck at the airport, some jackhole rushed through security and got on a plane, then a suitcase was discovered downstairs that kept playing an electronic version of "Here Comes Santa Claus" over and over. Nobody claimed the bag, so they think it belonged to the jackhole.

OULenexaman
6/3/2011, 12:23 PM
According to my friend who is currently stuck at the airport, some jackhole rushed through security and got on a plane, then a suitcase was discovered downstairs that kept playing an electronic version of "Here Comes Santa Claus" over and over. Nobody claimed the bag, so they think it belonged to the jackhole. I shouldn't but I'm laughing pretty hard over that....:D

WichitaSooner
6/3/2011, 01:04 PM
Jesus is a bad *** bomb tech.

Yeah, but the problem is if he blows himself up on a suspicious package, you have to wait 3 days before he can work again...

Chuck Bao
6/3/2011, 01:07 PM
According to my friend who is currently stuck at the airport, some jackhole rushed through security and got on a plane, then a suitcase was discovered downstairs that kept playing an electronic version of "Here Comes Santa Claus" over and over. Nobody claimed the bag, so they think it belonged to the jackhole.

Yeah, I can see where anyone playing an electronic version of "Here Comes Santa Claus" would be considered a terrorist. I am terrorized by it.

Seriously, that is just ridiculous. Although I can see why unclaimed luggage with an actively playing electronic device would be suspicious, I can't imagine how many people's lives were disrupted by the closure of the airport. The whole airport!?!!??!!!

Can't airports have one of those container like things that they can whisk the offending bag into and not threaten or close down the entire airport?

Besides, do they take into consideration how much our luggage is abused by the bag handlers and how easy it is to shift the contents and possibly switch on some device. I may have carried a battery powered alarm clock in my suitcase before, but it goes "****-a-doodle-do" and not "here comes Santa Claus".

Sooner_Tuf
6/3/2011, 01:38 PM
Chuck I think the concern is that there might be other devices that they don't know about. I could be wrong.

OULenexaman
6/3/2011, 02:11 PM
I am scared of Chucks alarm clock now...

Partial Qualifier
6/3/2011, 04:40 PM
I don't know why, but my plane was one of only two allowed to land at Will Rogers in the previous 2 hours - and the exact moment I exited the plane is when they gave the all-clear.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.urlesque.com/media/2010/05/1272938115936.jpg

Sooner_Tuf
6/3/2011, 04:47 PM
Clearly it was because you were on the scene.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/3/2011, 07:23 PM
Some dude had his megaphone and christmas music and cellphone blasted with a water canon. I am sure there is a good story with this one and would love to hear it.

The crap that people send on their trips...

Easily sounds like an AQ test as well...

soonercruiser
6/3/2011, 07:25 PM
Suspicious package????

Stoop didn't make it to the rest room in time???

soonersponge
6/3/2011, 07:40 PM
This stuff never happens in Tulsa.

Turd_Ferguson
6/3/2011, 07:42 PM
This stuff never happens in Tulsa.Will Rogers World Airport>>>>>>>>>>>Tulsa Municipal

Chuck Bao
6/3/2011, 08:14 PM
Will Rogers World Airport>>>>>>>>>>>Tulsa Municipal

I have no idea about that. I vote DFW as the worst in the world.

I fly in and out of DFW every 6 months or so and my mom can't find out which terminal my plane will de-board until it does. I have gone through many airports in the world and none as bad as that.

Partial Qualifier
6/3/2011, 08:33 PM
What about LAX? I mean, sure you might be able to find out which gate you're supposed to arrive at but....... how the hell do you actually get there??

soonersponge
6/3/2011, 09:14 PM
Will Rogers World Airport>>>>>>>>>>>Tulsa Municipal

Both have tons of international flights.

okie52
6/4/2011, 11:02 AM
This stuff never happens in Tulsa.

Nothing ever happens there.

pphilfran
6/4/2011, 11:24 AM
I have no idea about that. I vote DFW as the worst in the world.

I fly in and out of DFW every 6 months or so and my mom can't find out which terminal my plane will de-board until it does. I have gone through many airports in the world and none as bad as that.

I don't think any airline is in more than one terminal...if she knows the airline you are using she can find the terminal...

XingTheRubicon
6/4/2011, 11:25 AM
Nothing ever happens there.

what about the wnba?