PDA

View Full Version : Andersonville. Really??

The Profit
6/3/2011, 08:42 AM
Convicted first degree murderer Jerome Ersland is quoted in today's Daily Oklahoman comparing the Oklahoma County jail to Andersonville Prison, a Confederate POW camp, where 13,000 union troops died during the civil war. He is also complaining that all of his drugs, some of which are opiates, have been taken away from him.

While Oklahoma County Sheriff John Whetsel, steadfastly denies Ersland's claims regarding the drugs, he has yet to deny that his jail conditions emulate the infamous Andersonville penal complex. In the story, one of Ersland's supporters had this to say. "They done him wrong."

jk the sooner fan
6/3/2011, 08:47 AM
the Ersland story is making the rounds thru the NRA type publications - he's becoming a poster child for "self defense rights" being stripped away

i've been to Andersonville - unless there's a small creek running thru the prison yard that he has to drink out of, bathe in and poop in....he's not even close to being in a place like Andersonville

Okla-homey
6/3/2011, 08:48 AM
Convicted first degree murderer Jerome Ersland is quoted in today's Daily Oklahoman comparing the Oklahoma County jail to Andersonville Prison, a Confederate POW camp, where 13,000 union troops died during the civil war. He is also complaining that all of his drugs, some of which are opiates, have been taken away from him.

While Oklahoma County Sheriff John Whetsel, steadfastly denies Ersland's claims regarding the drugs, he has yet to deny that his jail conditions emulate the infamous Andersonville penal complex. In the story, one of Ersland's supporters had this to say. "They done him wrong."

He should just be glad they haven't stopped his AF retired pay. By the time he gets out of the pen, he'll have a lot of money saved up. That's unless the kid he murdered's mom doesn't get that in her civil suit.

Midtowner
6/3/2011, 10:00 AM
The internet rumor machine would tell us that Ersland is a big Lortab user and the Jail's medical staff has determined he doesn't need it for pain management. So yeah, the DTs suck, but then he's a murderer.

The taxpayers shouldn't have to pay for his drug habit. With regard to his alleged pain and back injury, I'll take the jail physicians' word over Ersland's he's a known liar and murderer.

As for the reference to Andersonville, this just confirms to me that the man, like many of his adherents, is quite delusional.

Sooner_Tuf
6/3/2011, 12:39 PM
the Ersland story is making the rounds thru the NRA type publications - he's becoming a poster child for "self defense rights" being stripped away

i've been to Andersonville - unless there's a small creek running thru the prison yard that he has to drink out of, bathe in and poop in....he's not even close to being in a place like Andersonville

I thought that was one of the major complaints about the Oklahoma County Jail. Rivers of **** randomly running through the place.

stoopified
6/3/2011, 02:12 PM
Next stop McCalister State Country Club

Tulsa_Fireman
6/3/2011, 02:24 PM
He NEEDS the pain meds because the buttsecks stings the first few times you try it.

The Profit
6/3/2011, 02:24 PM
Next stop McCalister State Country Club

This makes me wonder. If the Oklahoma County Jail is Andersonsvlle, what is Big Mac? Buchenwald, Bergen-Belsen, Auschwitz?

soonercoop1
6/3/2011, 05:03 PM
He should just be glad they haven't stopped his AF retired pay. By the time he gets out of the pen, he'll have a lot of money saved up. That's unless the armed robber he killed while being robbed at gunpoint's mom doesn't get that in her civil suit.

FIFY

olevetonahill
6/3/2011, 05:26 PM
He NEEDS the pain meds because the buttsecks stings the first few times you try it.

You know this from experience right?:eek:

jk the sooner fan
6/3/2011, 06:48 PM
You know this from experience right?:eek:

lol- beat me to it

Sooner5030
6/3/2011, 09:34 PM
at least my tax dollars are going towards shelter, food and healthcare of someone who killed a thief. Better than welfare!

OutlandTrophy
6/3/2011, 09:41 PM
This makes me wonder. If the Oklahoma County Jail is Andersonsvlle, what is Big Mac? Buchenwald, Bergen-Belsen, Auschwitz?

Alton, IL

GKeeper316
6/3/2011, 10:20 PM
anyone thats ever been thrown in oklahoma county jail (i have) will tell you ersland aint that far off.

the DoJ ripped whetsel's dumb *** for how he ran his pos jail.

The Profit
6/4/2011, 10:12 AM
anyone thats ever been thrown in oklahoma county jail (i have) will tell you ersland aint that far off.

the DoJ ripped whetsel's dumb *** for how he ran his pos jail.

Did it make you not want to go back there?