View Full Version : YouTube Embedding A Felony

swardboy
6/3/2011, 06:17 AM
If this bill passes.........

Embedding YouTube Videos May Soon Be a Felony

Kurt Nimmo
Infowars.com
June 2, 2011
Techdirt reports that Senate bill 978 – a bill to amend the criminal penalty provision for criminal infringement of a copyright, and for other purposes – may be used to prosecute people for embedding YouTube videos.

According to Mark Masnick, if a website embeds a YouTube video that is determined to have infringed on copyright and more than 10 people view it on that website, the owner or others associated with the website could face up to five years in prison.

Read Masnick’s article here. He explains how the new law would expand copyright violations from reproducing and distributing to performing – including streaming video over the internet.

As readers of Infowars.com know, many videos are removed from YouTube after copyright owners complain about infringement. This happens with thousands of news clips every year. Most people are familiar with the now common black box replacing a video that says the video has been removed for copyright reasons.

If enacted, this law will go one step further and turn people who embed a copyrighted video into criminals. It will also set the stage to criminalize linking to copyrighted information — like corporate media news sources — and shut down the alternative media.

It will also make people think twice about putting up all kinds of videos, from news reports to clips from documentaries and other educational material.
It does not take a vivid imagination to realize the political implications of this legislation.

http://www.infowars.com/embedding-youtube-videos-may-soon-be-a-felony/

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/3/2011, 06:40 AM
Pk7yqlTMvp8

yermom
6/3/2011, 06:42 AM
i weep for the republic

tator
6/3/2011, 10:26 AM
I'm glad we're finally getting around to the important issues

JLEW1818
6/3/2011, 10:28 AM
BRING IT ON

Flagstaffsooner
6/3/2011, 10:33 AM
Obama wants all white crackers in jail by 2012.:D :pop:

JLEW1818
6/3/2011, 10:35 AM
lol

doesnt obama have better things to do?

he already sucks at life, sucks at being president, his wife is so freaking ugly

Jammin'
6/3/2011, 10:36 AM
This is an attempt by youtube to make everyone go to their website via link rather than the embedding option. They want to increase their traffic to be able to entice more money from advertisers.

Makes sense from a business standpoint. I think?

JLEW1818
6/3/2011, 10:38 AM
it's still Obama's fault .. he should just veto it

tator
6/3/2011, 10:43 AM
This is an attempt by youtube to make everyone go to their website via link rather than the embedding option. They want to increase their traffic to be able to entice more money from advertisers.

Makes sense from a business standpoint. I think?
It does, except that they offer an embedding option right on their site.

Jammin'
6/3/2011, 10:44 AM
It does, except that they offer an embedding option right on their site.

True dat. Now I'm confused again.

Flagstaffsooner
6/3/2011, 10:46 AM
lol

doesnt obama have better things to do?

he already sucks at life, sucks at being president, his wife is so freaking ugly

I have a perfect solution. Have Lady GaGa sit on his face.

He would smother on that nasty thing and she would die of hoof and mouth disease.;)