SoonerNate
6/3/2011, 03:30 AM
I know, she's white. But what else?...

yermom
6/3/2011, 03:34 AM
the media is really mean to her

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/3/2011, 04:40 AM
Umm I guess Obama has more experience. Also I cringe to think of how horrible Palin would be with foreign leaders. I have a feeling she would make Dubya and Obama look like Winston Churchill....

MrJimBeam
6/3/2011, 05:48 AM
He's a man...

olevetonahill
6/3/2011, 05:58 AM
He's a man...

THIS, She needs to makin sammiches ;)

Whet
6/3/2011, 06:06 AM
because community organizers have way more experience with executive processes and decisions, than does a sitting Governor.

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/3/2011, 06:31 AM
Well sitting Presidents have more experience being President than a sitting governor....

texaspokieokie
6/3/2011, 07:12 AM
cause he's prettier.:D

Harry Beanbag
6/3/2011, 07:16 AM
http://houseput.com/img/Books/chirping-crickets-stage-2-by-melvin.jpg

soonerscuba
6/3/2011, 07:41 AM
Because if given the choice of someone who is cerebral to a fault and someone who ideological to a fault, I would chose the cerebral. Plus, she's white trash and would bring that baggage to a global stage.

lexsooner
6/3/2011, 08:00 AM
Because if given the choice of someone who is cerebral to a fault and someone who ideological to a fault, I would chose the cerebral. Plus, she's white trash and would bring that baggage to a global stage.

I'm really afraid the Palins would move into the White House and put up that painting of the dogs playing poker.

KantoSooner
6/3/2011, 08:07 AM
Now? Pretty easy: he's got the experience and she doesn't.

Prior to either's VERY short political careers prior to lining up on the national stage? Well, Obama at least did the reading and was familiar with the issues. Palin? She wasn't (and more frighteningly, still isn't after four years of national attention) even able to find major nations on a world map. She's either terminally uninterested or irremediably stupid. Take your pick, she's outta there.

sappstuf
6/3/2011, 08:35 AM
Because Obama would focus like a laser beam on what was the most important issue the day he took office... The economy. With his brilliance, I'm sure he could correct it in a matter of months and no way would he lead us into a double dip recession...

Palin would focus on passing policies and programs that no one wants, extend the Bush tax cuts for the rich, start new undeclared wars... ect.

It is not even close.

The Profit
6/3/2011, 08:35 AM
You wouldn't have to worry about being bored with her after four years, or being sick and tired of that screechy voice. She would quit after two.

delhalew
6/3/2011, 08:49 AM
Experience as President isn't worth much, if you've managed to make your country and yourself into the punchline of an entirely unfunny joke.

Jammin'
6/3/2011, 09:10 AM
Experience as President isn't worth much, if you've managed to make your country and yourself into the punchline of an entirely unfunny joke.

Are you talking about Palin or Obama? Or W? Or Clinton?

KantoSooner
6/3/2011, 09:11 AM
Which president has been in this position after a single term in your view? Reagan (hated globally, regarded as either deranged or senile), Bush II (hated more, regarded as just plain mentally slow and morally corrupt), Clinton (regarded as simpatico but a dilletante) and so forth.

Not a lot of presidents experience universal love and respect. Obama at least knows how things work at this point.

tcrb
6/3/2011, 09:18 AM
Which president has been in this position after a single term in your view? Reagan (hated globally, regarded as either deranged or senile), Bush II (hated more, regarded as just plain mentally slow and morally corrupt), Clinton (regarded as simpatico but a dilletante) and so forth.

Not a lot of presidents experience universal love and respect. Obama at least knows how things work at this point.

Normally, this post would make me lol. But I know you seriously believe it is a spot-on analysis.

Pricetag
6/3/2011, 09:20 AM
because community organizers have way more experience with executive processes and decisions, than does a sitting Governor.
You accidentally said "sitting" instead of "quitting" here.

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/3/2011, 09:32 AM
She didn't quit...she just done and went and fixed it up to quickly...you betcha!!

JohnnyMack
6/3/2011, 09:50 AM
Sarah Palin walked away from her job as Governor of Alaska to take money from Fox News, speaking engagements, reality shows and of course her $7 million book deal.

Next.

tcrb
6/3/2011, 09:52 AM
Sarah Palin walked away from her job as Governor of Alaska to take money from Fox News, speaking engagements, reality shows and of course her $7 million book deal.

Next.

Truth.

delhalew
6/3/2011, 10:28 AM
You accidentally said "sitting" instead of "quitting" here.

That was the smartest thing she ever did. She did very well for her state, and then got out of the way when the media attention became harmful to Alaska.

delhalew
6/3/2011, 10:30 AM
And yes, she got to make some money. America...**** YEAH!

JLEW1818
6/3/2011, 10:36 AM
b/c obama can lie, and he gets 99% of the worthless , we don't matter vote in america

oh crap that came out

Jammin'
6/3/2011, 10:38 AM
I wouldn't hire Palin for any job in our office. She doesn't seem capable of even answering the phone correctly on a consistent basis. I can't believe anyone would consider her for any public office.

I would **** her though.

Midtowner
6/3/2011, 10:40 AM
That was the smartest thing she ever did. She did very well for her state, and then got out of the way when the media attention became harmful to Alaska.

...marking the first time that media attention was thought of negatively in a state which counts tourism as one of its top industries.

The Profit
6/3/2011, 10:48 AM
I wouldn't hire Palin for any job in our office. She doesn't seem capable of even answering the phone correctly on a consistent basis. I can't believe anyone would consider her for any public office.

I would **** her though.

:D :D You like clams, huh?

hawaii 5-0
6/3/2011, 10:49 AM
Would it be possible for a President to never have to answer a legitimate question?

As has been said before, I don't think a Quitter would make a good President.

Face it, she's a GrandMi1f. That's about it.

5-0

Trump/ Zippy 2012

BU BEAR
6/3/2011, 11:00 AM

Obama's so cerebral that he sounds like blithering idiot when the Teleprompter goes on the blink. Can you name three things he has touched that have not turned to absolute mess?

hawaii 5-0
6/3/2011, 11:02 AM
Knife, fork, spoon?

5-0

Trump/ Pat 2012

3rdgensooner
6/3/2011, 11:07 AM
I read this thread and it reminded me of another thread started by the OP:

I will let the rest of you discuss. I don't want to take sides in political debates here.

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/stephen-gutowski/2011/05/26/video-dc-liberals-sign-petition-ban-conservative-websites

Whatever I have to do so that you guys don't think I'm RLIMC behind my back.

I'm pretty proud of my opinions and I can't change them. So to be fair, I'll try to remain off the politics board so that I don't make an *** out of myself.

It's all guys, no hard feelings whatsoever.

We're all Sooners here.

BOOMER!

SOONER!

Sooner_Tuf
6/3/2011, 11:16 AM
Palin? I wouldn't kick her out of the White House for eating crackers.

Harry Beanbag
6/3/2011, 11:46 AM
As ****ty of a President and representative of the United States as Barack is, I can't believe people are still seriously talking about Palin for that job.

delhalew
6/3/2011, 12:17 PM
...marking the first time that media attention was thought of negatively in a state which counts tourism as one of its top industries.

You're a lawyer aren't you? Why don't you think for a minute about how hundreds of operatives bringing bogus ethics charges that have to be squashed would affect the running of a state.

I'm new to defending this person, but the derangement syndrome you guys have for her makes it totally worth it.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/3/2011, 12:24 PM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef0120a8f6f1c6970b-600wi

BUT CAN SHE HIT THE THREE? And look at the stems on ol' grandma. I'd pour some in that.

Position Limit
6/3/2011, 12:40 PM

that's one way to spin it. nice work... how long till her 15 mins are up and she takes off for playboy? we all know it's coming.

lexsooner
6/3/2011, 01:02 PM
Palin is beloved by about 20% of Americans and is thought of as a joke by maybe 60-70%, and the rest of the Americans don't even know what year it is. Her best bet is to stay out of politics and be a commentator for Fox and write books and be a symbol and leader of the far right wing, since she will never be a viable candidate for the Presidency.

Sooner_Tuf
6/3/2011, 01:20 PM

How do you explain Reagan and Bush II getting elected to second terms?

Both Bushes had the highest approval rating numbers of any President going back to at least 1940 ( I didn't look any farther back). Reagan and Obama share very similar approval numbers.

So you are saying Obama has done more for this country than Reagan did? Really?

olevetonahill
6/3/2011, 01:26 PM
I dont really understand all the anger and hate aimed towards Palin.I think most who are the hardest on her haven't really listened to her, But listened more to Analyst talkin nheads.

But really all i can say is if it comes down to be just the 2 of em running . Ima just say God help us all;)

Tulsa_Fireman
6/3/2011, 01:41 PM
At least I'd have sex with Barack.

olevetonahill
6/3/2011, 01:44 PM
At least I'd have sex with Barack.

hell any Man what would eat a 1300lb woman prolly would have the sex with a skinny assed black man.:P

hawaii 5-0
6/3/2011, 01:51 PM
I think most who are the hardest on her haven't really listened to her, But listened more to Analyst talkin nheads.

That's the deal. She's good at spouting the conservative ideal talking points fed her by her handlers.

You can train a parrot to do the same thing.

There's no substance underneath the good Mi1F looks. There's a reason she won't sit down with actual news people and answer tough questions. She hasn't an original thought in her head.

Hey, but I'd hit it.

5-0

Trump/ Chico 2012

OUMallen
6/3/2011, 01:54 PM
He's a fillion, billion times smarter than she is.

yermom
6/3/2011, 01:56 PM

and why wouldn't she do the same as President?

you don't think she'd have "ethics violations" in Washington too?

delhalew
6/3/2011, 02:07 PM
that's one way to spin it. nice work... how long till her 15 mins are up and she takes off for playboy? we all know it's coming.

I can't credit for that. That was the reason she gave. I'm not prepared to call her a liar. I'll leave that to the rest of you winners at life, giants among men, and overall class acts.

Sooner_Tuf
6/3/2011, 02:08 PM
That's the deal. She's good at spouting the conservative ideal talking points fed her by her handlers.

You can train a parrot to do the same thing.

There's no substance underneath the good Mi1F looks. There's a reason she won't sit down with actual news people and answer tough questions. She hasn't an original thought in her head.

Hey, but I'd hit it.

5-0

Trump/ Chico 2012

Is there any politician that doesn't spout talking points fed to them by their handlers?

I'm not defending her. I don't think I would vote for her. Well between her and Obama I probably would. I just can't imagine her getting the nomination. Of course I said the same of Obama and of Clinton when they first ran. Crazy world we live in.

delhalew
6/3/2011, 02:15 PM

you don't think she'd have "ethics violations" in Washington too?

It wouldn't matter. POTUS is protected from political noise.

She'd have to get caught having a Lewinski chowing her box, and lie about it. Which is a story I would enjoy.

OUMallen
6/3/2011, 02:17 PM
Is there any politician that doesn't spout talking points fed to them by their handlers?

I'm not defending her. I don't think I would vote for her. Well between her and Obama I probably would. I just can't imagine her getting the nomination. Of course I said the same of Obama and of Clinton when they first ran. Crazy world we live in.

When visiting the focal point of Paul Revere's famous ride, this was her accounting of the importance of such an historic place.

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren’t going to be taking away our arms uh by ringing those bells and making sure as he’s riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be secure and we were going to be free and we were going to be armed."

She's a blathering idiot. Now, I don't think any potential president needs to know American History like a PhD. But she was intentionally VISITING that exact church, and not only didn't know why, but wasn't even prepared. She wants the cameras, then can't produce.

JohnnyMack
6/3/2011, 02:26 PM
I will stand by my assertion that she's probably only worthy of being a checker at Lowe's, but after watching the way Barack talked about changing the way things worked and then loading his cabinet with Goldman Sachs minions and failing to do anything about Wall Street I think we're essentially ****ed as a nation. Nothing is changing any time soon. Even if she did get elected POTUS it wouldn't matter. The political process in this country is in shambles and we have no one to blame but ourselves, we concern ourselves with worthless wedge issues and let the truly rich further entrench the status quo.

hawaii 5-0
6/3/2011, 02:27 PM

True they can all speak the lame political talking points. My point is that's ALL Palin can do. She knows she can't (and thus won't) sit down with a real news person and field important questions. I'm not referring to the Fox shows where she's fed lowball fodder that a chipmonk could answer.

There's a reason she won't hold news conferences with two-way interaction. There's also a reason she won't release her schedule on her bus tour.

She still thinks she's on some Beauty Pageant PR outing. At least her handlers know how to make money off her. I don't blame her for selling out to the Almighty Dollar with her appearance and speech fees, her book deals and her new self-promoting movie.

5-0

Trump/ Imelda 2012

yermom
6/3/2011, 02:33 PM
It wouldn't matter. POTUS is protected from political noise.

She'd have to get caught having a Lewinski chowing her box, and lie about it. Which is a story I would enjoy.

i'm pretty sure Johnson was impeached over firing the wrong person

delhalew
6/3/2011, 02:36 PM
I will stand by my assertion that she's probably only worthy of being a checker at Lowe's, but after watching the way Barack talked about changing the way things worked and then loading his cabinet with Goldman Sachs minions and failing to do anything about Wall Street I think we're essentially ****ed as a nation. Nothing is changing any time soon. Even if she did get elected POTUS it wouldn't matter. The political process in this country is in shambles and we have no one to blame but ourselves, we concern ourselves with worthless wedge issues and let the truly rich further entrench the status quo.

Good post...you Commie bastard.

I do believe change is brewing, if we don't blow it.

delhalew
6/3/2011, 02:39 PM
i'm pretty sure Johnson was impeached over firing the wrong person

You could argue that's legitimate.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/3/2011, 02:39 PM
Fire my johnson.

yermom
6/3/2011, 02:40 PM
You could argue that's legitimate.

that was one of the main "noisy" complaints out of Alaska

Tulsa_Fireman
6/3/2011, 02:42 PM
I'm thinking the johnson firing posts should be in the "MAN JACKS OFF IN AIRPLANE" thread.

Someone help me hijack the religion in graduation thread. If Chaz Bono can't do it, it needs a community effort.

IT TAKES A VILLAGE, YOU SLACKERS

XingTheRubicon
6/3/2011, 02:45 PM
She's actually ran something in her life, so she's obviously light years ahead of our white guilt experiment in the white house now. Having said that, she's just flat not presidential, in almost every way.

The Profit
6/3/2011, 02:52 PM
She's actually ran something in her life, so she's obviously light years ahead of our white guilt experiment in the white house now. Having said that, she's just flat not presidential, in almost every way.

Hiding behind that first contraction was a helping verb.

delhalew
6/3/2011, 03:03 PM
that was one of the main "noisy" complaints out of Alaska

That was resolved. The avalanche that followed...why bother?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/3/2011, 03:06 PM
because community organizers have way more experience with executive processes and decisions, than does a sitting Governor.THIS is the CORRECT answer...what?...wait.

yermom
6/3/2011, 03:07 PM
what about a sitting President?

Palin would have folded like an expensive pant suit by now

The Profit
6/3/2011, 03:08 PM
You have got to see this.....Sarah at her best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA3zNqoFBXU

XingTheRubicon
6/3/2011, 03:09 PM
Hiding behind that first contraction was a helping verb.

Your most relevant post to date.

6/3/2011, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KantoSooner
"Which president has been in this position after a single term in your view? Reagan (hated globally, regarded as either deranged or senile), Bush II (hated more, regarded as just plain mentally slow and morally corrupt), Clinton (regarded as simpatico but a dilletante) and so forth.

Not a lot of presidents experience universal love and respect. Obama at least knows how things work at this point."

"Normally, this post would make me lol. But I know you seriously believe it is a spot-on analysis."-tcrb

Sad, ain't it?

Tulsa_Fireman
6/3/2011, 03:11 PM

That gives me a boner a cat couldn't scratch.

I'd ride my horse through HER town.

GET IT?

The Profit
Your most relevant post to date.

Thanks Ruby.

hawaii 5-0

Laff O' tha Day !!!!! Thanks.

5-0

Trump/ Shlt for Brains 2012

XingTheRubicon
6/3/2011, 03:12 PM
what about an in over his head, deer in the headlights, sophomoric spendaholic sitting President?

Palin would have folded like an expensive pant suit by now

f

The Profit
That gives me a boner a cat couldn't scratch.

I'd ride my horse through HER town.

GET IT?

Yes, I get it, and you would fire a shot.

Tulsa_Fireman
Yes, I get it, and you would fire a shot.

Word.

6/3/2011, 03:16 PM
...marking the first time that media attention was thought of negatively in a state which counts tourism as one of its top industries.another demonstration of the democrat partisan tool the disgraceful MSM is.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/3/2011, 03:19 PM
V8wrIgbiCgs

yermom
6/3/2011, 03:21 PM
f

i'd still say his experience outweighs hers

i guess she couldn't pray away the mean media long enough to run her state

6/3/2011, 03:23 PM

you don't think she'd have "ethics violations" in Washington too?that yainch would INSIST you believe in God...maybe even Jesus or Moses.

yermom
6/3/2011, 03:25 PM
that yainch would INSIST you believe in God...maybe even Jesus or Moses.

making the federal government work for you, through prayer.

4Q9MMJESywA

Tulsa_Fireman
6/3/2011, 03:28 PM
making the federal government work for you, through prayer.

4Q9MMJESywA

SHOW US YOUR TITS!

The Profit
6/3/2011, 03:35 PM
SHOW US YOUR TITS!

:) :)

XingTheRubicon
6/3/2011, 03:41 PM
i'd still say his experience outweighs hers

i guess she couldn't pray away the mean media long enough to run her state

in present terms, agreed

btw, your food stamp president prays too...for what and to whom is anyones guess

yermom
6/3/2011, 03:45 PM
in present terms, agreed

btw, your food stamp president prays too...for what and to whom is anyone's guess

does he pray for legislation to pass?

was Obamacare "God's Will"?

i swear, you guys are making me defend Obama, aka, Bush 3.0

please stop ;)

lexsooner
6/3/2011, 04:23 PM

Look into those eyes and what do you see? Yeah, I didn't think so. lol

okie52
6/3/2011, 04:27 PM
Because Obama would focus like a laser beam on what was the most important issue the day he took office... The economy. With his brilliance, I'm sure he could correct it in a matter of months and no way would he lead us into a double dip recession...

Palin would focus on passing policies and programs that no one wants, extend the Bush tax cuts for the rich, start new undeclared wars... ect.

It is not even close.

Glad Obama reduced the number of wars we are in.

6/3/2011, 04:38 PM
Look into those eyes and what do you see? Yeah, I didn't think so. lolShe scares the sh*t outa your little communal self. When you guys play those cards, it's confirmation of that fear.

okie52
6/3/2011, 04:51 PM
Because Obama will give us 12,000,000 plus more citizens.

okie52
6/3/2011, 04:56 PM
Because Obama supports employers that hire illegals.

The Profit
6/3/2011, 06:12 PM
Because Obama will give us 12,000,000 plus more citizens.

No, Reagan gave us those. Thanks Ronnie!!

AlboSooner
6/3/2011, 07:49 PM
successful troll is successful

lexsooner
6/3/2011, 08:42 PM
She scares the sh*t outa your little communal self. When you guys play those cards, it's confirmation of that fear.

No, Rush, I really just think she is an idiot. Nothing else.

6/4/2011, 01:03 AM
No, Rush, I really just think she is an idiot. Nothing else.Then, guess what that makes you, since she is quite bright.

either that, or you are being dishonest, and a lefty like yourself would/could/should NEVER do that haha.

okie52
6/4/2011, 10:43 AM
No, Reagan gave us those. Thanks Ronnie!!

Nope, he gave us 3,000,000. A blight on his record. Obummer wants to quadruple it.

lexsooner
6/4/2011, 12:30 PM
Then, guess what that makes you, since she is quite bright.

either that, or you are being dishonest, and a lefty like yourself would/could/should NEVER do that haha.

She is socially and people smart and slick, but nothing I have ever seen from her suggests she is particularly bright in terms of raw intellect. By the standards of a national political figure, I stand by my statement that I think she is an idiot, plain and simple, irrespective of your conclusory statement that she is "quite bright." She is a joke figure to most Americans because people have figured out she doesn't have much substance. If she ran for POUS, I would concede her Oklahoma and Kentucky, but all bets are off for the rest of the states.

85Sooner
6/4/2011, 12:52 PM
Is this what the kind of thinking they have been teaching at OU? Damn Funny.

lexsooner
6/4/2011, 05:21 PM
Is this what the kind of thinking they have been teaching at OU? Damn Funny.

Palin went to OU? She went to a long series of jucos and colleges and finally made it through with a degree, but I have no idea where she learned Paul Revere warned the British to keep their hand off of our firearms by ringing bells and firing warning shots.

6/4/2011, 08:12 PM
She is a joke figure to most Americans who gobble the goop of the MSM, and/or were brainwashed by public nipple-dependent parents, or "socially relevant" public school teachers. Those people have, not surprisingly, concluded she doesn't have much substance. FIFY