PDA

View Full Version : Odds to win the 2011 Heisman Trophy

SoonerinSouthlake
6/2/2011, 04:01 PM
http://network.yardbarker.com/college_football/article_external/odds_to_win_the_2011_heisman_trophy/4741223?linksrc=foxrg_college_football

Odds to win the 2011 Heisman Trophy
Two footballers within the state are amongst the top 16 favorites to win the 2011 Heisman Trophy. SBG Global, an online betting service are taking bets on Michigan quarterback Denard Robinson and Michigan State quarterback Kirk Cousins. Robinson, the 2010 Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year is set at 5-1. Cousins seems to be a better bet at 33-1.

Either way, both guys will need some "bad luck" - pun intended. Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck, who would have been the #1 overall pick had he entered the 2011 NFL Draft, is the favorite at 3-1.

QB Andrew Luck, Stanford, 3-1
QB Denard Robinson, Michigan, 5-1
RB Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina, 5-1
QB Landry Jones, Oklahoma, 6-1
RB LaMichael James, Oregon, 6-1
WR Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma State, 10-1
WR Ryan Broyles, Oklahoma, 12-1
RB Trent Richardson, Alabama 12-1
RB Knile Davis, Arkansas, 15-1
QB Robert Griffin, Baylor, 15-1
RB Chris Polk, Washington, 18-1
QB Case Keenum, Houston, 20-1
QB Brandon Weeden, Oklahoma State, 20-1
WR Michael Floyd, Notre Dame, 25-1
QB Darron Thomas, Oregon, 30-1
QB Matt Barkley, Southern California 30-1
QB Nick Foles, Arizona 30-1
QB Kirk Cousins, Michigan State, 33-1
QB Aaron Murray, Georgia 35-1

If you're looking at me for the five guys I think will end up in New York City in December, I'll go with Luck, Robinson, LaMichael James, Trent Richardson and Case Keenum. It's definitely Luck's to lose...and I don't think he will let that happen.

JLEW1818
6/2/2011, 04:07 PM
Luck will lose if his team losses 3-4 games

Tebow won with a couple losses but had 20+ passing and 20+ rushing TD's

you have to be in the title game to win it pretty much, or have ps3 stats

JLEW1818
6/2/2011, 04:08 PM
a guess

Landry Jones
LaMichael James
Trent Richardson
Andrew Luck

if we go to the national title this year, Landry is winning the Heisman... pretty simple IMO

JLEW1818
6/2/2011, 04:10 PM
wow, what kind of odds can i get betting that Denard Robinson does not win?

I'd bet everything i have

SoonerofAlabama
6/2/2011, 04:18 PM
Go Landry! Get some national credit, but you should probably focus on winning games for Oklahoma. Go Sooners!

budbarrybob
6/2/2011, 04:25 PM
I'm suprised Kellen Moore isn't up there in the running. Not that I think he'll come too close to winning. But ESPiN will be shouting from the antenna what a world beater he is...

badger
6/2/2011, 04:26 PM
Luck is gonna need luck of his own - his coach is gone and Stanford's conference is expanding the competition.

texaspokieokie
6/2/2011, 04:29 PM
Luck is gonna need luck of his own - his coach is gone and Stanford's conference is expanding the competition.

so they shud be worried about the new guys ??
:D

texaspokieokie
6/2/2011, 04:30 PM
i noticed they got blackmon ahead uf weeden.

NormanPride
6/2/2011, 04:33 PM
Weeden is a shoe-in, and then we'll beat them in the national title game. At the coin toss, Hammer will tell Weeden that he's got his boy's trophy, and that they're there to get it back.

SoonerofAlabama
6/2/2011, 04:34 PM
Case Keenum will have to stay healthy. I don't think he has a shot, although he has some amazing numbers in his career.

SoonerofAlabama
6/2/2011, 04:35 PM
Weeden is a shoe-in, and then we'll beat them in the national title game. At the coin toss, Hammer will tell Weeden that he's got his boy's trophy, and that they're there to get it back.

:D ;) :pop:

How would we play Weeden in the title game though?

Mad Dog Madsen
6/2/2011, 04:42 PM
Luck will lose if his team losses 3-4 games

Tebow won with a couple losses but had 20+ passing and 20+ rushing TD's

you have to be in the title game to win it pretty much, or have ps3 stats

The Gator's went 9-4 that season and even lost their bowl game that year. Tebow will probably be the last person to ever win the Heisman with a 4-loss team. ...And Andrew Luck will not win the Heisman this upcoming season. Mark it down.

texaspokieokie
6/2/2011, 04:46 PM

maybe Norman was just kiddin ??

SoonerofAlabama
6/2/2011, 04:46 PM
The Gator's went 9-4 that season and even lost their bowl game that year. Tebow will probably be the last person to ever win the Heisman with a 4-loss team. ...And Andrew Luck will not win the Heisman this upcoming season. Mark it down.

Too many questions around him to do it. He will get loads of press coverage until his "empire" crumbles.

texaspokieokie
6/2/2011, 04:51 PM
Hornung won it with a 9 loss team.

ouwasp
6/2/2011, 04:53 PM
R Griffin of Baylor 15-1?

30-1 at best.

Jacie
6/2/2011, 04:56 PM
Isn't Gilby a junior this season? He should be pretty high up that list by now . . .

TheLadiesMike
6/2/2011, 05:06 PM

He was on a 9-3 team at the time of the voting and put up over 50 combined TDs, which is a pretty big accomplishment. Luck had 35 TDs last year.

NormanPride
6/2/2011, 05:35 PM
Luck will have his work cut out for him. New coach, and all of his receiving threats are gone. He has three guys coming back that caught more than 10 passes all season. One is a RB and another is a TE.

TheLadiesMike
6/2/2011, 06:57 PM
We've talked about why Luck won't be as much of a candidate. Denard is too high. I don't see Michigan doing too much better as a team and if he is forced to be more of a pocket passer he won't put up as impressive numbers. I don't see South Carolina being able to put up enough points or wins for Lattimore to win.

Which means Landry is in a great spot compared to the candidates listed ahead of him.

SoonerofAlabama
6/2/2011, 07:45 PM
If I had to guess which five will make the trip to New York, I would say:

Nick Foles
LaMicheal James
Landry Jones
Kellen Moore
Trent Richardson

JLEW1818
6/3/2011, 10:10 AM

yep, agree

yes, so tebow won with 3 losses. Heisman before bowl game.

Mad Dog Madsen
6/3/2011, 10:17 AM
If I had to guess which five will make the trip to New York, I would say:

Nick Foles
LaMicheal James
Landry Jones
Kellen Moore
Trent Richardson

I'm glad you don't have a vote... Don't you know there should be at least 3 Pokes in there??? ;)

IronHorseSooner
6/4/2011, 09:31 AM
James
Jones
Luck
Richardson
Gray

SoonerinSouthlake
6/4/2011, 09:55 AM
R Griffin of Baylor 15-1?

30-1 at best.

Dont know about that.

He was in the top 5-7 last season. Of course the problem is that Baylor tanks when they play good competition...but not becuase of him. If he does what he usually does early in the season, then Baylor hangs tough against some of their tougher opponents...he'll be in the converstion

Sooner_Tuf
6/4/2011, 01:31 PM

BCS #1 plays BCS #2.

SoonerofAlabama
6/4/2011, 01:46 PM
But one would beat the other. He was also kidding.

goingoneight
6/4/2011, 02:58 PM
Andrew Luck is going to be the great quarterback of a not so good team. Period. See: Todd Reesing.

Lamichael James needs his team to not be a flash in the pan and play good defense in 2011. All the talk about them, and knowing Oregon, they could end up 6-6ish. See: Oregon post-OU game loss in 2006.

Trent Richardson will be the bruiser on a true championship contender just like his predecessor, Mark Ingram. His health is as always key and his new QB is a teeny-tiny, little problem for Saban to solve.

Kellen Moore will get there, and lose unless the rest of the candidates are just so-so. Much like the National Championship Game. If Boise's undefeated and everyone else has two losses... you get the picture. Nothing bad can really be said about his play at BSU. Won't he break Colt McCoy's all-time wins record this year if he wins like 10 games?

Landry Jones just needs to focus on improving his own game and continuing to develop in OU's system. The DeMarco loss could really hurt his numbers if the n00bs don't produce big time. He's basically a cruise control candidate. If he does his thing and OU wins, he'll be there in NYC. Needs to cut down on his turnovers and work on his pocket presence and footwork to be at Sam and Jason White's level.

Weeden won't get there any faster than the average Mike Leach QB without a signature victory or moment. Nor will Blackmon. Heaven forbid it, but the only kinda moment I can imagine getting them there is to be as good as they were last year and to have a Josh Fields/Rashaun Woods beating OU-kinda moment. And they have to put the pieces together just like OU does. Only difference is OU's new OCs were promoted from within. Monken *says* he's going to stay with their system, but his roots are in I-formation, pro-style offense. Potential is there, but it IS oSu we're talking about here. Where Bobby Reid was once a Heisman candidate and the world's most powerful offense got shut out. Their "DOH!!!" moments are kinda like OUr BCS problems. Like Ndamukong Suh, a LOT has to happen on top of a historic season to get Weeded and escpecially Blackmon there. Not to suggest other QB or WR awards are out of the question, though.

Seamus
6/4/2011, 08:41 PM
Hornung won it with a 9 loss team.

'Stevenson leads Ike in polls ...'

Pretty much all you need to know right there.

Jacie
6/6/2011, 12:09 PM
Kellen Moore . . . Won't he break Colt McCoy's all-time wins record this year if he wins like 10 games?

Can't wait to hear how they spin that in Austin . . .

texaspokieokie
6/6/2011, 05:48 PM
'Stevenson leads Ike in polls ...'

Pretty much all you need to know right there.

i don't get the connection ??

how bout; Dewey beats Truman !!!:D