PDA

View Full Version : For the beloved grammar nazis

3rdgensooner
6/2/2011, 02:48 PM
We should all try to properly use these in a sentence.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llq5uf4Rgt1qbq67io1_500.jpg
(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2244/5712521401_9d540d5391_b.jpg)

soonerchk
6/2/2011, 02:51 PM
The enormity of that post may ironically be noisome when it is literally meant to bemuse a plethora of posters. In a great way.

BOOMERBRADLEY
6/2/2011, 02:55 PM
Let's see here

Redundant I get right
Plethora is the same damn definition on there. Excess vs. many wtf?
Unique is the same also. Extraordinary vs unparalleled
I get ironic being on there
Literally is pointless being on the list also

3rdgensooner
6/2/2011, 03:00 PM
They pointed out that plethora originally had a negative connotation--as in too many. I get that difference.

If unique is "one of a kind" then there is no need for the often used very/rather/quite.

ouleaf
6/2/2011, 03:02 PM
Definitely think the word "infamous" needs to be on there. See and hear people use that word incorrectly all the time.

badger
6/2/2011, 03:05 PM
Expert mode: Use every misused word in a sentence correctly... eff it, just use it in a single post, as many sentences as you want :)

soonerchk
6/2/2011, 03:08 PM
Expert mode: Use every misused word in a sentence correctly... eff it, just use it in a single post, as many sentences as you want :)

I literally don't think I can do that.

dynersooner
6/2/2011, 03:10 PM
A WQHOLE NOTHER THREAD RELATED TO YOURE GRAMMAR NAZING!!!!!

its like festivus and christmas all warped into won!!!

badger
6/2/2011, 03:10 PM
enormity nonplussed bemused redundant plethora unique fulsome noisome ironic literally.

I will give this a try later

OUMallen
6/2/2011, 03:24 PM
That literally blew my mind.

3rdgensooner
6/2/2011, 03:26 PM
A WQHOLE NOTHER THREAD RELATED TO YOURE GRAMMAR NAZING!!!!!

its like festivus and christmas all warped into won!!!My birthday is on Festivus.......don't let the enormity of that be noisome.

enormity nonplussed bemused redundant plethora unique fulsome noisome ironic literally.

I will give this a try laterI shiver with antici

pation

soonerbrat
6/2/2011, 03:45 PM
i can't see the link...it must be blocked at my office.

3rdgensooner
6/2/2011, 03:50 PM
i can't see the link...it must be blocked at my office.
Can you now?

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/7177/tumblrllq5uf4rgt1qbq67i.jpg

badger
6/2/2011, 03:51 PM
When we all without a shadow of a doubt expected USC to get off scot-free, how ironic! As they initially showed no intention of doing anything more than punishing basketball, we were bemused that those bastard Trojans were giving up their Bush Heisman, their postseason, a lot of scholarships. Not a plethora, but still quite a lot! But now, we are nonplussed: The untouchable sweater vested choir boy image coach of college football, Jim Tressel, resigns. Jim Tressel literally sent in a resignation letter and it became public after the university received it. Granted, we never doubted the enormity of most college football coaches out there, especially winning ones. It turns out that the statement "I hope he doesn't fire me" by a tOSU official was just fulsome all along - they wanted Tressel out, they needed Tressel out. While we were bemused with tOSU fans in the past with the affinity for burning couches, the fires that will engulf Columbus will be noisome to all noses of the area.

It might be redundant to repeat this, but I will anyway: HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. LOL LOL LOL LOL. ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL. LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO. It turns out that adding "THE" in front of "OSU" does not make them unique at all in the world of athletics or academics. They cheated. To win. What a surprise.

:D

badger
6/2/2011, 04:02 PM
Easy mode: Use all 10 words incorrectly in a way that would sound correct if you didn't know the real definitions. Don't even use the assumed definitions above. Just make up plausible definitions.

badger
6/2/2011, 04:12 PM
The enormity of Les Miles' hat aside, his brain is small. The SEC said his scholarship limit will be nonplussed and he will not get any addition ones to burn, so look for leftover athletes to not be-used and their scholarship letters to turn up on liter ally.... litter alley. Sure, some players will raise some noisome noise or beat about their ironic muscles, but to that, we have one word for you: PLETHORA! Yeah, I just said that word, I just pulled that off: PLETHORA. What are you gonna do about it? Are you gonna dundant then redundant?

NormanPride
6/2/2011, 04:24 PM
Damnit, 3g. Now she's going to be doing this on the drive home. :mad:

My Opinion Matters
6/2/2011, 04:27 PM
They let women own their own cars these days, you know.

NormanPride
6/2/2011, 04:28 PM
Blasphemy.

jk the sooner fan
6/2/2011, 04:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mTUmczVdik

badger
6/2/2011, 05:04 PM
Damnit, 3g. Now she's going to be doing this on the drive home. :mad:

If I didn't say anything on the drive home dear, it would be utter silence. :P

Fraggle145
6/2/2011, 05:17 PM
When we all without a shadow of a doubt expected USC to get off scot-free, how ironic! As they initially showed no intention of doing anything more than punishing basketball, we were bemused that those bastard Trojans were giving up their Bush Heisman, their postseason, a lot of scholarships. Not a plethora, but still quite a lot! But now, we are nonplussed: The untouchable sweater vested choir boy image coach of college football, Jim Tressel, resigns. Jim Tressel literally sent in a resignation letter and it became public after the university received it. Granted, we never doubted the enormity of most college football coaches out there, especially winning ones. It turns out that the statement "I hope he doesn't fire me" by a tOSU official was just fulsome all along - they wanted Tressel out, they needed Tressel out. While we were bemused with tOSU fans in the past with the affinity for burning couches, the fires that will engulf Columbus will be noisome to all noses of the area.

It might be redundant to repeat this, but I will anyway: HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. LOL LOL LOL LOL. ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL. LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO. It turns out that adding "THE" in front of "OSU" does not make them unique at all in the world of athletics or academics. They cheated. To win. What a surprise.

:D

I am bemused by your usage of bemused twice in your paragraph. Shouldnt that be against the rules to use the same word twice? :confused:

NormanPride
6/2/2011, 05:24 PM
A plethora of "bemused".

2121Sooner
6/2/2011, 05:37 PM
IRregardless of this useful information, I will continue to post as I please