PDA

View Full Version : MLB.com projects the 1st round of the draft

NMSooner'80
6/2/2011, 02:28 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110602&content_id=19917766&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

They have Bradley going 9th to the Cubs.

northspeter
6/2/2011, 03:32 PM
also bundy has heard a lot from both arizona and baltimore...

bcolston15
6/2/2011, 04:16 PM
also bundy has heard a lot from both arizona and baltimore...

From what I've heard and read, scouts consider Bundy the best high school pitching prospect--ever-- he has four plus pitches as a high school senior. A quality starter in the majors is lucky if he has two or three.

texaspokieokie
6/2/2011, 04:33 PM
From what I've heard and read, scouts consider Bundy the best high school pitching prospect--ever-- he has four plus pitches as a high school senior. A quality starter in the majors is lucky if he has two or three.

if you're good enuff, 3 pitches is plenty, & some can succeed with only 2.
koufax

bufsa
6/3/2011, 09:12 AM
Yankee's top reliever has one.

Mad Dog Madsen
6/3/2011, 03:18 PM
Yall don't know jack sh*t about baseball! :D

badger
6/6/2011, 02:41 PM
As much as I'd love to have Archie pitching for OU baseball, that would be the only thing he'd be giving up on by going to the MLB now. He'd still have the potential to come back later to be an OU quarterback (as Old Man Weeden at OSU and Older Man Weinke at FSU did, and countless others too), especially since this little fact I stumbled on while reading about Archie this weekend: Since 1965, 52 percent of high school pitchers taken in the first round of the June draft played at least two seasons in the majors. Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/highschool/article.aspx?subjectid=229&articleid=20110605_229_B1_CUTLIN358081&archive=yes)

Selfishly, I'd love Archie pitching and quarterbacking for us immediately. Unselfishly, Archie should take $20 million over five years now and consider OU quarterbacking later if the MLB doesn't work out.

Dylan needs to go MLB and never set foot in Austin Hook em

northspeter
6/6/2011, 03:05 PM
some of the latest projections have bradley going 4 to baltimore and bundy 5 to kansas city... and also bundy 4 to baltimore and bradley 10 to sand diego...

price tags are going to be big for both, which could affect there draft slot... rumors are that bradley is seeking 20 mil. in 5 and bundy 30 mil...

IndySooner
6/6/2011, 03:27 PM
Jungmann, projected 10th here, pitched today on ONE DAY REST with a 4-0 lead. Nevermind freshman Stafford on TWO DAYS REST as the starter (100+ pitches Friday) and Cole Green NO DAYS REST (100+ pitches yesterday).

I lost a TON of respect for Augie Garrido today.

northspeter
6/6/2011, 04:13 PM
didnt we do something similar at the ou subregional a few years ago against wichita st.??? mccutchen... i think...

IndySooner
6/6/2011, 04:25 PM
didnt we do something similar at the ou subregional a few years ago against wichita st.??? mccutchen... i think...

Daniel went Friday and Monday. Similar to Stafford, except, if I remember correctly, his Friday outing was short. (I could be wrong). Green had ZERO days rest. Jungmann, a multi-million dollar arm, had one day rest. Reckless at best.

bcolston15
6/6/2011, 04:27 PM
McCutchen threw 138 pitches Friday night and came back Monday to throw 76.

IndySooner
6/6/2011, 04:32 PM
McCutchen threw 138 pitches Friday night and came back Monday to throw 76.

My bad. For some reason I thought he had a short outing that Friday. That's pretty reckless, too, but I'm much more okay with a two-day rest than no rest. I didn't have a problem with the way Stafford was handled. I had an issue with the way Jungmann and Green were handled. Plus, they had a 4-run lead when Jungmann came into the game.

bcolston15
6/6/2011, 04:34 PM
My bad. For some reason I thought he had a short outing that Friday. That's pretty reckless, too, but I'm much more okay with a two-day rest than no rest. I didn't have a problem with the way Stafford was handled. I had an issue with the way Jungmann and Green were handled. Plus, they had a 4-run lead when Jungmann came into the game.

I get what you're saying, but I think Jungmann and Green wanted the ball, I don't think it was Augie's choice.

IndySooner
6/6/2011, 04:36 PM
I know they wanted the ball. It's not their call, though. Why wouldn't Augie have a choice? Again, hopefully, neither gets hurt. If they don't, no harm no foul. If they do, especially Jungmann, Augie's blood is all over it. He's abused Jungmann his entire career at Texas.

badger
6/6/2011, 05:22 PM
If Archie wants OU now, then more power to him! In any event, hope there's no Matt Harrington (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=090423/harrington)'s in the draft this year.

northspeter
6/6/2011, 09:08 PM
fyi... dylan bundy was picked number 4 overall by the orioles and
archie bradley was taken number 7 overall by the diamondbacks...

impressive!!!

PhiDeltBeers
6/6/2011, 09:24 PM
Man this area produces some studs. I played for Owasso back in the day against Brad Penny and Matt Holiday. Josh Johnson also seems to be doing well. Congrats to Dylan from a former Ram.

bcolston15
6/6/2011, 09:50 PM
fyi... dylan bundy was picked number 4 overall by the orioles and
archie bradley was taken number 7 overall by the diamondbacks...

impressive!!!

That probably means signing day was the closet Archie will ever be to being a Sooner.

northspeter
6/6/2011, 10:14 PM
That probably means signing day was the closet Archie will ever be to being a Sooner.

yep, im guessing that means... they believe he's signable...

an impressive stat i just read about bundy... in 71 innings this year... he struck out 156 and walked only 5....

hvhurricane
6/6/2011, 10:45 PM
Augie has been abusing pitchers for years. He only uses five, six tops, the whole season. There is a reason his pitchers don't produce in pros.