PDA

View Full Version : Do you sometimes go out and not have a "good time" but tell everyone you did?

lexsooner
6/2/2011, 02:17 PM
It seems whenever people go out to socialize and/or do something together, they always say they had a good time. Man, we had a blast! But is saying you had a good time something which is socially expected, even though sometimes you truly did not have a good time? I do sometimes, and other times I do not, and it largely depends on the company and atmosphere of where we go. I like intelligent conversation and joking and I hate noisy bars or clubs. Maybe I am getting old, but I don't feel like I should have to say I enjoyed myself when I really didn't.

soonerchk
6/2/2011, 02:20 PM
I don't go out with anyone that won't be fun, so not really an issue.

3rdgensooner
6/2/2011, 02:22 PM
I don't have friends. Crisis averted.

purplecrayon
6/2/2011, 02:22 PM
I could have a good time alone in a paper bag.

soonerchk
6/2/2011, 02:23 PM
I could have a good time alone in a paper bag.

It's why I like to hang out with you.

KuppiKunta
6/2/2011, 02:23 PM
I make my own fun in mass quantities.

The Profit
6/2/2011, 02:24 PM
I went to a clambake once, and it really sucked.

StoopTroup
6/2/2011, 02:24 PM
No....I usually post from there with pics or the event....

StoopTroup
6/2/2011, 02:25 PM
I went to a clambake once, and it really sucked.

You must not do it Elvis Style.

The Profit
6/2/2011, 02:26 PM
You must not do it Elvis Style.

You are right. It was more Frankie Avalon and Annette style..

oudavid1
6/2/2011, 02:30 PM
Well like on twitter, I only consider it a great night if a girl got to me (no, not sexually).

Lawton4Life
6/2/2011, 02:31 PM
I think this was the premise of a Seinfeld routine once...like people always saying TAKE CARE.

I think in general, most people dont like confrontation and would rather say I had a nice time, go inside and tell the wife what a crappy time it was vs dealing with hurting that person's feelings and the awful conversations that can come from that....what you dont like me? you're too good for me etc?

That being said, I had a great time in this thread.

tator
6/2/2011, 02:31 PM
I guess I don't understand the question. Why would someone claim to have a good time if they didn't?

tator
6/2/2011, 02:32 PM
Oh ok, so you mean to the people you were with saying you had a good time...

Does that topic ever come up? I can't remember this ever being an issue.

KantoSooner
6/2/2011, 02:33 PM
I don't have friends. Crisis averted.

damn! beat me to it.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/2/2011, 02:33 PM
I don't have a problem saying something wasn't fun or I didn't enjoy myself

KantoSooner
6/2/2011, 02:35 PM
Well like on twitter, I only consider it a great night if a girl got to me (no, not sexually).

So, what makes that different than sitting home on a Saturday night waiting for a wrong number to call and discovering, Hurrah! the wrong number caller is actually a girl?

I am beginning to understand the pulse pounding attraction of Twitter.

OhU1
6/2/2011, 02:38 PM
Is this sitution kind of like a women faking an orgasm?

Speaking for myself - when I was in my early 20's you "went out" because that's what people do. As I become a grumpy old man if I don't want to do something or go somewhere, I generally don't.

So when I am visiting someone or going out these days it's much more likely that I actually wanted to see that person or go to that place. No fake friend-gasm required.

SoCaliSooner
6/2/2011, 02:40 PM
No....I usually post from there with pics or the event....

Thanks for those pics of fattening poor people's food.

oudavid1
6/2/2011, 02:42 PM
So, what makes that different than sitting home on a Saturday night waiting for a wrong number to call and discovering, Hurrah! the wrong number caller is actually a girl?

I am beginning to understand the pulse pounding attraction of Twitter.

Haha that would be random. Must of my wrong numbers are people looking for Jerry

StoopTroup
6/2/2011, 02:43 PM
Thanks for those pics of fattening poor people's food.

What the hell are you talking about?

KuppiKunta
6/2/2011, 02:51 PM
What the hell are you talking about?

It's food that is not good for you and can make you fat, predominately eaten by wealth challenged people.

lexsooner
6/2/2011, 02:56 PM
Is this sitution kind of like a women faking an orgasm?

Speaking for myself - when I was in my early 20's you "went out" because that's what people do. As I become a grumpy old man if I don't want to do something or go somewhere, I generally don't.

So when I am visiting someone or going out these days it's much more likely that I actually wanted to see that person or go to that place. No fake friend-gasm required.

Yes, exactly. At least there is a legit reason behind fake orgasms, but some people always say they had a good time doing something when you figure they really didn't, and there is no clear reason behind the exaggeration.

soonerchk
6/2/2011, 02:58 PM
Yes, exactly. At least there is a legit reason behind fake orgasms, but some people always say they had a good time doing something when you figure they really didn't, and there is no clear reason behind the exaggeration.

Because their mammas taught them it's not nice to tell people that they're boring as hell.

lexsooner
6/2/2011, 03:00 PM
I thought of this issue after I played a league tennis match yesterday in the heat. My partner said she had a good time, but it sure didn't seem like she did and she did not play well and complained about her own play the whole match. Then afterwards, she is like "I had fun."

KantoSooner
6/2/2011, 03:02 PM
Haha that would be random. Must of my wrong numbers are people looking for Jerry

Wait! You mean you call up wroing numbers and most of them ask you if you're 'Jerry'?

Damn. What are the odds on that?

OhU1
6/2/2011, 03:03 PM
Because their mammas taught them it's not nice to tell people that they're boring as hell.

Yeah, how about when you have a date and there's no chemistry and you're trying to think of a polite line before you make your get away? "Well, I had a nice time" is about all I can come up with.

Sure beats the truth. I'm sure Jerry Seinfeld told the Man-hands women he had a "good time".

texaspokieokie
6/2/2011, 03:03 PM

there you go !!! i know i'm boring, mostly don't talk much. that's just me.

i think i was lots more (or closer to being) fun when i drank a lot more than now.

OhU1
6/2/2011, 03:04 PM
I thought of this issue after I played a league tennis match yesterday in the heat. My partner said she had a good time, but it sure didn't seem like she did and she did not play well and complained about her own play the whole match. Then afterwards, she is like "I had fun."

She wants you dude!

soonerchk
6/2/2011, 03:06 PM
there you go !!! i know i'm boring, mostly don't talk much. that's just me.

i think i was lots more (or closer to being) fun when i drank a lot more than now.

Quiet doesn't mean boring. Some of the biggest talkers I know are the most boring. Anyone who doesn't laugh at the same stuff I do is automatically boring in my head. Doesn't mean that they are boring, it just means we don't match up at all.

texaspokieokie
6/2/2011, 03:09 PM
Quiet doesn't mean boring. Some of the biggest talkers I know are the most boring. Anyone who doesn't laugh at the same stuff I do is automatically boring in my head. Doesn't mean that they are boring, it just means we don't match up at all.

I think when someone says;"joe has a great sense of humor", it means he & joe laff @ same things.

my friends were all funnier when i drank more.

texaspokieokie
6/2/2011, 03:11 PM
that's true about some big talkers being boring. not all of them tho. some are very entertaining.

OhU1
6/2/2011, 03:15 PM

Very, very true. There is nothing worse than someone who talks a lot just to fill dead air. The most boring person is the "question asker" - someone who seems to ask questions to keep "conversation" going but there is no real discussion going on.

I know a very intelligent women who likes me a lot but I find very boring because she has very little sense of humor. She also tends to fall into "question asking" mode instead of stating her own opinions and just letting conversation flow where it will.

texaspokieokie
6/2/2011, 03:26 PM
i think "question asking" is good. it shows that the asker care about the "askee", what they think, things they've done & places they've been.

of course, both should take turns being the "asker".
jmho

texaspokieokie
6/2/2011, 03:27 PM
"sense of humor" is very important.

3rdgensooner
6/2/2011, 03:28 PM
Question askers are often deliberately avoiding talking about themselves.

Not that I know anything about that, at all.

OhU1
6/2/2011, 03:35 PM
Question askers are often deliberately avoiding talking about themselves.

That's it. There is a difference between sincere interest and filling the air with questions. Even if the questions are sincere give the other person a break becuase it's boring.

GKeeper316
6/2/2011, 03:52 PM
i gave up on "going out" when i hit 30.

waste of time and money throwin a hundred bucks away on a bar tab just to wake up with a massive hangover.

soonerbrat
6/2/2011, 03:54 PM
I don't go out with anyone that won't be fun, so not really an issue.

this.

Jammin'
6/2/2011, 04:05 PM
The only time I fake it is when I'm leaving my in-laws. Those people are not fun. (wife's paretns that is, her brothers are a ****ing riot)

purplecrayon
6/2/2011, 04:29 PM
"sense of humor" is very important.

so is a big wang. just sayin'

3rdgensooner
6/2/2011, 04:32 PM
so is a big wang. just sayin'I did not know you preferred a big wang. I shall let monica g know that she needs to upgrade.

oudavid1
6/3/2011, 01:11 AM
Wait! You mean you call up wroing numbers and most of them ask you if you're 'Jerry'?

Damn. What are the odds on that?

its freaking sketch.

Whet
6/3/2011, 06:23 AM
hey folks, i've read through this entire thread and I throughly enjoyed it. Thanks again, I look forward to reading more interesting posts.

;)

Sooner_Tuf
6/3/2011, 12:37 PM
hey folks, i've read through this entire thread and I throughly enjoyed it. Thanks again, I look forward to reading more interesting posts.

;)

:D awesome

jk the sooner fan
6/3/2011, 12:39 PM
wait a gald danged minute

women fake orgasms?

Mongo
6/3/2011, 12:42 PM
wait a gald danged minute

women fake orgasms?

only with you

jk the sooner fan
6/3/2011, 12:43 PM
only with you

so let me get this straight - you're saying that after 3 minutes of love making - they're actually faking the orgasm?

Mongo
6/3/2011, 12:46 PM
:D

Tulsa_Fireman
6/3/2011, 01:47 PM
Thanks for letting me dump it in your pooper. I had a good time.