PDA

View Full Version : Thursday poll: Your favorite Big 12 rival moment

badger
6/2/2011, 11:12 AM
Just something fun this time --- pick the videos that makes you smile the most. Write-in something better if you want, but please make it be a Big 12 rival thing.

Paul Rhodes in the locker room (either Texas or Nebraska)
oAcKiMy0Gp4

7Nb2nKKl-hk

Anything involving Mike Leach (they may or may not be NSFW - language):
BXRrqwD1GRo
uZaOFTp5_C8
str3J5WQ49s
XLTOYX6_1v4
c6brYtuPX-Q
DxBsXzvENpo
(at 0:13)
doIMMfb47s4
qSPcMXWJjUg

Mark Mangino's moments (first one NSFW):
zmAYpAzNB34
TuCqE8tMfEs

Mike Gundy:
aoMmbUmKN0E

Texas A&M's Corps:
3AOgN-4QnZ4

Dan Hawkins:
-4T26x6GZEw

Texas fan: "Make it stop"
fhSiRKiHnQk

Choose the one that makes you smile the most, four days of voting, you cannot change your vote. Votes are anonymous. Sorry KSU and Mizzou, couldn't find anything comparable for you guys... oh and Baylor too. Keep for getting you :P

BoulderSooner79
6/2/2011, 11:21 AM
I voted for the "please make it stop". Not just because of the context of OU destroying the horns, but because I have to tip my hat to the horn fan for having the right attitude about a game.

SoonerofAlabama
6/2/2011, 11:26 AM
I voted for Mike Gundy's "I'm a man, I'm 40" rant. It was hilarious. It is funny how in that rant he mentioned a little kid crying. Sounds like Gundy has his own personal issues.

SoonerPride
6/2/2011, 11:48 AM
Write in:

Mackie Mack "I'll answer that one for Chris"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/410649-the-top-12-big-xii-quotes/page/6

badger
6/2/2011, 11:55 AM
Write in:

Mackie Mack "I'll answer that one for Chris"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/410649-the-top-12-big-xii-quotes/page/6

If I could have found a video clip or something... alas, that was around the beginning of the cell phone video/youtube generation.

Osama Bin Laden
6/2/2011, 11:55 AM
It's a pirates life for me

deweydw
6/2/2011, 12:04 PM
I went with the Gumby tirade. Just classic.

"Please make it stop!" was too funny.

badger
6/2/2011, 12:06 PM
I might have to make a separate one for Leach later this summer. Till then, I'll vote for Rhodes. Those poor ISU'ers got dumped by Chizik. The locker room celebrations are very touching. I just hope we aren't victim #3 whenever they do one this season after a big win :eek:

Doged
6/2/2011, 01:39 PM
I wanted to vote for the jump around vs. TTech, but you didn't list it! :)

I'll call it a write in.

badger
6/2/2011, 01:40 PM
I wanted to vote for the jump around vs. TTech, but you didn't list it! :)

I'll call it a write in.

It's one of the Leach moments. The moment was at 0:13 of the video and is one of its best moments because he's just standing there sulking with Graham Harrell. It's above him doing the weather :D

NormanPride
6/2/2011, 01:57 PM
I can't NOT vote for the Corps grabbing their balls and screaming in each others' ears on national tv. And losing.

SoonerofAlabama
6/2/2011, 01:58 PM
Exactly why did they do that?

SoonerMom2
6/2/2011, 02:10 PM
These are all so good -- voted for Gundy but second favorite was the Texas beat down. Enjoyed every second of that game.

badger
6/2/2011, 02:17 PM
Exactly why did they do that?

You really are a n00b aren't you :D

But the story is wonderful and worth retelling... and it's related to a Leach video!

Basically, A&M hates Tech with a passion. Every Tech insult that you've ever heard on the intraweb --- the Red Raider Rash, calling them Tehc, or other not clever anti-Tech remarks, usually originate outta College Station. The only clever anti-Tech remark that does not originate out of College Station originated out of Norman "Lubbock has no trees. " :D

So that bastard Pirate Master Leach and his pirate boys invade College Station with A&M having a late fourth quarter lead. Aggies need the 12th man more than ever! Everybody wave a towel! Everybody yell "AAAAAAA!" Everybody squeeze themselves down there!
3AOgN-4QnZ4

...wait, what?

I was at a friend's house when this initially happened. We couldn't believe what we had seen and had to rewind it and rewatch it just to be sure. it's one of those WTF moments that call for a DVR. Like Stunned Aggie, but worse.

An embarrassing Corps tradition is to feel the team's pain when they are on defense... "Squeeze Ol' Army." It's exactly as it sounds. And it's exactly as the video depicts.

Tech won the game. I am pretty sure that this is the same year as the squeeze moment:

str3J5WQ49s

In conclusion, A&M is weird. If you don't come to the same conclusion, view the video (http://www.break.com/usercontent/2009/10/texas-a-m-yell-leaders-1465515) that they tried unsuccessfully to remove from the Internet.

And I further conclude: The Internet is forever.

SoonerofAlabama
6/2/2011, 02:24 PM
Thank you badger. A&M is weird. I have heard of some crazy things that you think help your team win (like wearing the same clothes every time OU plays or something), but wow. And in conclusion, All aggies are weird.

deweydw
6/2/2011, 02:32 PM
No love for the Fat Man?

B1rd
When Tinker Owens crushed Nebraska in 1972 with the comeback win, no when the Nebbish QB guaranteed victory and then lost to OU, no Paul Thompson's 99.5 yard drive to win the Big 12 Championship game, naw anything that involves OU beating the Bugeaters.

badger
No love for the Fat Man?

Seriously! I mean, what would YOU think if an obese person called YOU a hotdog? :P

(love you mark!)

BoulderSooner79
6/2/2011, 02:35 PM
The "get in my belly" spoof someone did on the Mangino rant was hilarious. Much more clever than the typical fat joke thrown his way.

BOOMERBRADLEY
6/2/2011, 02:36 PM
I know Paul Rhodes and he is a genuinely nice man. I feel bad that he is coaching a Iowa state but they will get better

Quik Sand
6/2/2011, 02:41 PM
First comes to mind is Vince Young throwing the batted pick six and subsequent face down on the field with his hands on his head.

deweydw
6/2/2011, 02:42 PM
Seriously! I mean, what would YOU think if an obese person called YOU a hotdog? :P

(love you mark!)

LOL.. Good point.

badger
6/2/2011, 03:01 PM
First comes to mind is Vince Young throwing the batted pick six and subsequent face down on the field with his hands on his head.

I'll do photos later this summer :D

Osama Bin Laden
6/2/2011, 03:06 PM
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/ace8d81a2e.jpg

Quik Sand
6/2/2011, 03:07 PM
And there it is....I knew you guys wouldnt let me down

rock on sooner
6/2/2011, 03:51 PM
I voted for Rhodes, too. He is a nice man, loves where he is and the young
men are eager to play for him. Given time, he'll make the 'Clones a regular
winner. Being close to ISU (my son is a grad) I root for them to thump the
Iowa Squakeyes, especially.

badger
6/3/2011, 10:55 AM
If you are undecided, please vote for Mark Mangino. He really isn't a bad guy and made KU halfway legit for awhile. And he coordinated our national championship offense. :)

Three days of votin' left

PLaw
6/3/2011, 12:25 PM
Michael Crabtree beating UT and throwing the South into a 3-way tie.

BOOMER

brokenarrowboomer
6/3/2011, 12:28 PM
Let er rip!!

badger
6/3/2011, 12:30 PM
Crap... I can't believe I forgot Lester... Mike Gundy almost outdid Les with that tirade though.

That Crabby catch showed how stupid Tech fans were. Seriously... you rush the field THREE times?! You are soooo d@mn lucky that ref call was upheld or you would have lost the game for Tech... and therefore, lost us the Big 12 and a shot at the title :mad:

PS: Haven't had a poll this competitive before. Keep votin!

Okie35
6/3/2011, 01:08 PM
Gundy or Hawkins.

When he says "brotha", it gets me everytime.